Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson... 12:53 - Jul 30 with 14540 viewsKieran_Knows

... close to joining according to Sky.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kayden Jackson... on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 6582 viewsITFCBlues

Yeah but wonder if we may pull the plug if Waghorn doesn’t move on?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Kayden Jackson... on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 6561 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe they got confused with the central defender unless we are doing a double deal?
Kayden Jackson... on 12:55 - Jul 30 with 6561 viewsKieran_Knows

Kayden Jackson... on 12:54 - Jul 30 by ITFCBlues

Hurst implied on the weekend he wanted another striker even if Waghorn was to stay.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kayden Jackson... on 12:56 - Jul 30 with 6532 viewsSomethingBlue

Kayden Jackson... on 12:54 - Jul 30 by ITFCBlues

No, we need him anyway.

I'm still struggling a little to see where Waghorn plays in this new system, by the way, and am increasingly minded to take the cash.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kayden Jackson... on 12:58 - Jul 30 with 6456 viewshype313

Kayden Jackson... on 12:56 - Jul 30 by SomethingBlue

No, we need him anyway.

I'm still struggling a little to see where Waghorn plays in this new system, by the way, and am increasingly minded to take the cash.

Don't think it is a case of if but when Waghorn leaves, the club are just waiting on the deck to shuffle above, might be held up with the Vydra situation, but it's clear Derby want him ut can't gamble until numbers are off the books.

Be interesting to see if Boro now come in as Bamford has left.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kayden Jackson... on 12:58 - Jul 30 with 6452 viewsJakeITFC

No, we need him anyway.

I did think that the other day.

Maybe as one of the wide forwards?
Kayden Jackson... on 13:00 - Jul 30 with 6390 viewsHerbivore

No, we need him anyway.

Our two best performances in preseason have been with him on the bench.........

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'd be very surprised if Waggers is staying on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 6398 viewsDyland

No, we need him anyway.

It's annoying because he brought so much to the party last season, but this has been our lot for ever, and no one is irreplaceable, it's just the timing and if we end up in another Murphy situation I'll be pretty fooked off.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson... on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 6379 viewsTheDailyTractor

Bet derby are fuming with vydra but that's football. Players seem to hold the keys now.

I'd love to see donancien Jackson and tilt join and waggy still stay. Imagine the scenes
Kayden Jackson... on 13:02 - Jul 30 with 6346 viewsITFCBlues

No, we need him anyway.

Which is why I think he will be sold unless he plays as a number 10? But I don’t think you get the best outta him there.

Could we afford Jackson without selling Waghorn? Talk of a 1.25m fee?

You’d presume that a deal for Tilt could still be some as well...

Kayden Jackson... on 13:04 - Jul 30 with 6290 viewsfloridaboy

Kayden Jackson... on 12:58 - Jul 30 by hype313

Don't think it is a case of if but when Waghorn leaves, the club are just waiting on the deck to shuffle above, might be held up with the Vydra situation, but it's clear Derby want him ut can't gamble until numbers are off the books.

Be interesting to see if Boro now come in as Bamford has left.

Waghorn will leave as the money on offer at Derby or Boro will be a lot more than he is getting here. And it will only be for the money!!

Lampard has already stated that he wants Waghorn and Marriott to vie for one starting spot.

As others have said maybe Waghorn doesn't fit into Hursts playing style. Only Hurst will be able to answer that question. But £6, 7 or 8 million is too good a deal to turn down.

Appreciate it was only a friendly Saturday but was he really missed! The pressing style that Hurst wants to see the team employ is not how Waghorn plays.
Kayden Jackson... on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 6276 viewschicoazul

Is this for real? We are replacing Waghorn with an Accrington Stanley forward who has scored 22 goals in 4 years?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'd be very surprised if Waggers is staying on 13:06 - Jul 30 with 6226 viewschicoazul

I'd be very surprised if Waggers is staying on 13:01 - Jul 30 by Dyland

It's annoying because he brought so much to the party last season, but this has been our lot for ever, and no one is irreplaceable, it's just the timing and if we end up in another Murphy situation I'll be pretty fooked off.

I'm getting annoyed over here luv. Seriously non-plussed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Kayden Jackson... on 13:07 - Jul 30 with 6205 viewsSWGF

Kayden Jackson... on 13:01 - Jul 30 by TheDailyTractor

Bet derby are fuming with vydra but that's football. Players seem to hold the keys now.

I'd love to see donancien Jackson and tilt join and waggy still stay. Imagine the scenes

Vydra's under contract to Derby. Hardly his fault that Derby now want rid.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Kayden Jackson... on 13:07 - Jul 30 with 6182 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:05 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

Is this for real? We are replacing Waghorn with an Accrington Stanley forward who has scored 22 goals in 4 years?

You sound like a Spurs fan at the time Harry Kane was included in the first team ahead of several high profile strikers. A kid that has hardly torn it up at Leyton Orient, Norwich, Leicester and Millwall.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:09 - Jul 30 with 6110 viewsSWGF

No, we need him anyway.

I see it the same, sadly. PH likes Harrison-type centre forwards and midfielders in the no.10 role more than forwards. Waghorn would, IMO, be wasted wide so if someone is to offer a suitable price for him...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Kayden Jackson... on 13:10 - Jul 30 with 6095 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:07 - Jul 30 by DanFord

You sound like a Spurs fan at the time Harry Kane was included in the first team ahead of several high profile strikers. A kid that has hardly torn it up at Leyton Orient, Norwich, Leicester and Millwall.

Kane was already a Spurs player you goof. Jackson hasnt played at anything like the level of Spurs reserves never mind Norwich Leicester and Milwall.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 6023 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd do it (whether or not as a replacement ... I'm not convinced that is the case). Waghorn doesn't seem 100% cut out for Hurst's style, to my eyes, and I'd also be very surprised if he had another season like last.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kayden Jackson... on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 6011 viewsitfcjoe

Kayden Jackson... on 13:09 - Jul 30 by SWGF

I see it the same, sadly. PH likes Harrison-type centre forwards and midfielders in the no.10 role more than forwards. Waghorn would, IMO, be wasted wide so if someone is to offer a suitable price for him...

I just don't see why Waghorn doesn't fit as a number 9 in Hurst's system.

A willing worker and runner, can hold the ball up too. I'd have him there over Harrison all day long if they are both here come the end of the window

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:14 - Jul 30 with 5942 viewsITFCBlues

Kayden Jackson... on 13:10 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

Kane was already a Spurs player you goof. Jackson hasnt played at anything like the level of Spurs reserves never mind Norwich Leicester and Milwall.

Or you could say he scored 16 goals last season?

You could also ask why Rangers fans were desperate to see the back of Waghorn last season?

Just depends if you want to put a negative spin on things I guess...

Kayden Jackson... on 13:14 - Jul 30 with 5937 viewsDanFord

Kayden Jackson... on 13:10 - Jul 30 by chicoazul

And we aren't Tottenham you pillock. The point being that Spurs fans were underwhelmed by one of their own who hadn't done much at a much easier level. He's not just good enough for Spurs but one of the best strikers in the bloody world. Yet somehow Jackson can't develop into a competent Championship player?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Kayden Jackson... on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 5900 viewschicoazul

Kayden Jackson... on 13:12 - Jul 30 by SomethingBlue

I'd do it (whether or not as a replacement ... I'm not convinced that is the case). Waghorn doesn't seem 100% cut out for Hurst's style, to my eyes, and I'd also be very surprised if he had another season like last.

Surely we will sign another forward if Waghorn goes luv? I will be amazed if Harrison or Jackson turn out as good as Waghorn and I can't agree that Waghorn couldn't do the one up top role we saw Harrison play at the weekend. Waghorn is good with his back to goal, uses his body, and has excellent ball control.

But hey, at least if we sell Waghorn it means Evans wont have to float us for another season or so, that's good for him isnt it.

Kayden Jackson... on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 5889 viewsElderGrizzly

No. I believe we’ll eventually be replacing Garner with Jackson
Kayden Jackson... on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 5881 viewsTheDailyTractor

Kayden Jackson... on 13:07 - Jul 30 by SWGF

Vydra's under contract to Derby. Hardly his fault that Derby now want rid.

He wanted to leave....
He wants more money which Leeds won't pay. I don't care if they are or aren't fuming he's not yet going, it's there own fault for paying stupidly high wages and excessive fees for the last 4 to 5 years.

I don't see waghorn going there, it's Middlesbrough who will be the ones to take him if they come in for him
Kayden Jackson... on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 5862 viewsGuthrum

I think it more likely we're signing him anyway and the Waghorn bit is overheated media extrapolation.

That's not to say he won't go to Derby at some point, just that I doubt the Jackson move would be the trigger. Plus I think Harrison may be seen more as the "top scorer" replacement.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024