Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? 01:50 - Aug 3 with 9735 viewsMrTown

Paul Hurst is doing all the things that MM should have done a long long time ago.

First and foremost he is setting up his team to WIN football. Not not lose football matches, that is a big difference.

Hurst is shopping in a different market that suits our club a whole lot better, lower league, young and hungry players ready to give everything to the club, that is the only way we will get promoted (almost Shrewsbury esc.). Not journeymen pros been around the championship for a decade, looking for a payday and couldn’t care less about the club, the lower league player will die for this opportunity PH has given them.

Using youth players regardless of age and basing purely upon footballing ability.

Using the use of experience such as Skuse; Chambers because they’re good championship players because they’re ‘good pros’.

I for one am utterly excited for the new season, far more excited than I’ve been in a long time. Long live King Hurst.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 02:06 - Aug 3 with 8300 viewsIllinoisblue

maybe wait until Hurt's actually managed us for a run of games first before comparing? Crazy I know.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 03:51 - Aug 3 with 8249 viewsharlingblue

A far better buzz about the place, Manager and Fans as one!
That is a far better start to a new season.
A Manager prepared to put out a team set out to beat the opposition,
not to just nullify them.
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:04 - Aug 3 with 8232 viewsBenters2

Sadly Mick Mac thought he was bigger than the club itself managers come and go fans stay.

Many bought into his bullish!t which was sad.

I am glad he has gone for me he should have gone at the end of the worst finish in 58 years.

His hatred of the pre season friendlies and cup games killed a lot of my love following town.

His dross style of football also made many like me walk away.

Let’s hope we may actually have a enjoyable season this season.

COYB !
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:22 - Aug 3 with 8224 viewsCurrie10

Maybe see what hes like after a few games?!?!

Joys of people getting waaaaayyyy too carried away
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:27 - Aug 3 with 8218 viewsBenters2

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:22 - Aug 3 by Currie10

Well he sounds a lot keener that’s a great thing for me!

I’m happy staying in this division if we can at least have a go at playing football ⚽️
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:41 - Aug 3 with 8213 viewshorsehollerer

The fact that you are listing several things that MM should've/could've done but didn't tells me they are different enough!

Two things from this past week pretty much sum up my optimism and my excitement for the new season, both on the field and off the field.

1. The last 80 minutes v West Ham.
Pass. Move. Pass. Move.... plus Flynn, Tristan and Andre bossing the midfield. Bloody hell!
Very un-Mick

2. Today's press conference
PH was relaxed, friendly, approachable, answering lots of difficult transfer questions with a smile... and even being nice to Phgl!
Very very un-Mick

COYB!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:21 - Aug 3 with 8007 viewsPositivelyPortman

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:22 - Aug 3 by Currie10

Hello Mick - still waiting for a job to materialise?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:43 - Aug 3 with 7944 viewsSomethingBlue

Call me old fashioned but I would quite like to watch his team play a competitive game or two first.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:52 - Aug 3 with 7900 viewsDanTheMan

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:43 - Aug 3 by SomethingBlue

Call me old fashioned but I would quite like to watch his team play a competitive game or two first.

Agreed. The excitement is good, and the signs are positive.

Am actually slightly worried that given the levels of hype people will turn quickly if results don't reflect performances.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:55 - Aug 3 with 7886 viewstextbackup

is there any way of applying a filter so I don't have to see his name on here anymore?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:01 - Aug 3 with 7858 viewsSitfcB

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:55 - Aug 3 by textbackup

is there any way of applying a filter so I don't have to see his name on here anymore?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:11 - Aug 3 with 7816 viewsGREYBLUE

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:01 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

Let’s watch PH,s team play before we decide on how well he is doing.
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:13 - Aug 3 with 7805 viewsKitman

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:43 - Aug 3 by SomethingBlue

Agreed, If we get to the point where its played 3 lost 3 in a couple of weeks time, there may be some panic buttons being pressed on here. I sincerely hope we don't get off to a poor start but after coming up 6 decades of watching the game, football can be cruel game. The biggest challenge is seeing if the new man's revolution is actually going to work.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:15 - Aug 3 with 7796 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:52 - Aug 3 by DanTheMan

Agreed. The excitement is good, and the signs are positive.

Am actually slightly worried that given the levels of hype people will turn quickly if results don't reflect performances.

I personally can't wait for something like this to happen:
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1519227659/

Will there be the same tantrums from delicate flowers or will it be all 'well said Roy' again?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:17 - Aug 3 with 7786 viewsblueconscience

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:11 - Aug 3 by GREYBLUE

Let’s watch PH,s team play before we decide on how well he is doing.

Well he certainly can’t do any worse than the last two seasons.

I wish people would just move on and look to the future, but sadly every game we lose will inevitably bring back the mick fans giving it the “told you so” posts.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:19 - Aug 3 with 7774 viewsYaffle

As much as I agree with what's written in this thread, I don't get the title.

Basically what you mean is, Paul Hurst is nothing like Mick McCarthy,
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 09:21 - Aug 3 with 7666 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 07:55 - Aug 3 by textbackup

He's our manager for at least the next season and a half, it would make the place a bit empty looking...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 09:39 - Aug 3 with 7639 viewsgt81

It remains to be seen whether Hurst is 'better', but he seems hungrier, more driven, more open to shake things up and has more of a point to prove.

I think it's a consequence of age more than anything else, it's almost inevitable that once you get to Mick's age and experience the drive isn't going to be the same as a man much younger, abd yes, I am aware of exceptions like SAF.

Edit: thinking about it, he seems more like a younger version of Warnock than McCarty.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 9:50]
Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 09:45 - Aug 3 with 7624 viewsTractorJack

How can you include the last two points? Mick did both of those.
We haven't played a competitive game yet on 09:59 - Aug 3 with 7595 viewsDyland

I'm also excited and pleased we've made the change, but your OP is a load of silly bollix x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:24 - Dec 28 with 6716 viewsartsbossbeard

3 up votes.

Crivens.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:25 - Dec 28 with 6711 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 04:27 - Aug 3 by Benters2

Well he sounds a lot keener that’s a great thing for me!

I’m happy staying in this division if we can at least have a go at playing football ⚽️

Tee hee

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:26 - Dec 28 with 6704 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 08:17 - Aug 3 by blueconscience

Well he certainly can’t do any worse than the last two seasons.

I wish people would just move on and look to the future, but sadly every game we lose will inevitably bring back the mick fans giving it the “told you so” posts.

Tee fecking hee

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:43 - Dec 28 with 6665 viewstextbackup

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:24 - Dec 28 by artsbossbeard

3 up votes.

Crivens.

Jesus mate...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:44 - Dec 28 with 6658 viewsartsbossbeard

Paul Hurst a better version of MM? on 23:43 - Dec 28 by textbackup

Jesus mate...

I know! 3 votes!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024