Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation 07:10 - Aug 15 with 7320 viewsartsbossbeard

Please convince me otherwise, fellow blues.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:17 - Aug 15 with 4571 viewsm14_blue

We've played 3 games.
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:19 - Aug 15 with 4563 viewsKieran_Knows

Maybe that we’re 3 games in to a new season, with a new manager and half a new team.

What I gather from Hurst’s interviews, is that I think some players who were here under the previous regime, have been on a bit of a jolly these past couple of seasons.

Shape up, or ship out. Hurst has my full backing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:21 - Aug 15 with 4542 viewstextbackup

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:19 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Maybe that we’re 3 games in to a new season, with a new manager and half a new team.

What I gather from Hurst’s interviews, is that I think some players who were here under the previous regime, have been on a bit of a jolly these past couple of seasons.

100% spot on.

Love that he’s called them out on it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:23 - Aug 15 with 4532 viewsgordon

Warnock could be available by around March ifor it's not too late then.
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 4513 viewsKieran_Knows

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:21 - Aug 15 by textbackup

100% spot on.

Love that he’s called them out on it

Indeed. I’d be amazed if he was calling out any of his new signings just yet, so can only imagine he had Bart, Chambers, Spence, Knudsen, Ward or Sears in mind during his outburst last night.

Let’s see what Saturday brings!

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:32 - Aug 15 with 4494 viewsKeaneish

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:19 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Agreed. I have complete faith in the approach by both Evans and Hurst on this one. First half of the season will be rocky no doubt but that was highly anticipated. Like what Ive seen in games and highlights so far. Looking forward to my next game in a few weeks time.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:39 - Aug 15 with 4458 viewstextbackup

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:28 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed. I’d be amazed if he was calling out any of his new signings just yet, so can only imagine he had Bart, Chambers, Spence, Knudsen, Ward or Sears in mind during his outburst last night.

Let’s see what Saturday brings!

I’d say the new guys are fully onboard, new club and point to prove.

Are those you mention suffering hangovers of losing multiple cup games, couldn’t shake that worry, didn’t care too much as it was never normally an issue...

I’m glad these fckers are being called out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:44 - Aug 15 with 4418 viewshomer_123

Surely what our situation calls for is a manager that can get a group of players together as unit and play as a team and work on a restricted budget.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:47 - Aug 15 with 4402 viewsartsbossbeard

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:44 - Aug 15 by homer_123

Surely what our situation calls for is a manager that can get a group of players together as unit and play as a team and work on a restricted budget.

Ooh, I think I know just the chap for the job.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:52 - Aug 15 with 4375 viewsMugwump

The season has only just kicked off for crying out loud.

No place for quite such negative thinking, it simply serves no purpose.

It looks to me as if things have been too easy over the past few seasons.
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:57 - Aug 15 with 4337 viewsartsbossbeard

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:52 - Aug 15 by Mugwump

The season has only just kicked off for crying out loud.

No place for quite such negative thinking, it simply serves no purpose.

It looks to me as if things have been too easy over the past few seasons.

Simply asking a question.

We've replaced quality with quantity and in doing so he's created a selection headache for himself and less games to shoehorn fringe players with last night's loss. Early days granted, I'm not convinced.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:17 - Aug 15 with 4272 viewsKieran_Knows

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:44 - Aug 15 by homer_123

.... BANG, and there is the issue.

The whole squad over the last 5 years has been built on 'we're little old Ipswich, we have a cr*p budget, we're punching above our weight, anywhere above the bottom 3 spaces is a bonus' kind of attitude, which is utter boll*x in my opinion.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:22 - Aug 15 with 4237 viewsNo9

Nah but, I'm sure there will be some with the prayer mat out calling for MM to be resurrected
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:23 - Aug 15 with 4232 viewsKieran_Knows

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:22 - Aug 15 by No9

Nah but, I'm sure there will be some with the prayer mat out calling for MM to be resurrected

2 of them are in this thread.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 4219 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:57 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

Simply asking a question.

We've replaced quality with quantity and in doing so he's created a selection headache for himself and less games to shoehorn fringe players with last night's loss. Early days granted, I'm not convinced.

Yep, we’ve replaced quality with quantity. Because of this:

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation by Kieran_Knows 15 Aug 2018 8:17
.... BANG, and there is the issue.

The whole squad over the last 5 years has been built on 'we're little old Ipswich, we have a cr*p budget, we're punching above our weight, anywhere above the bottom 3 spaces is a bonus' kind of attitude, which is utter boll*x in my opinion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 4219 viewsblueconscience

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 07:47 - Aug 15 by artsbossbeard

Ooh, I think I know just the chap for the job.

Mourinho?, Guardiola?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 4129 viewsEireannach_gorm

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 08:25 - Aug 15 by blueconscience

Mourinho?, Guardiola?

Clearly Wenger.
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 09:47 - Aug 15 with 4106 viewsjpr_23

No way.

There was nothing that I saw last night that made me think that we would properly struggle. We just need time and games to get the players used to each other and the system.

All of the new players on the pitch last night showed quality in places, and we just need them to gel and we'll be fine.

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 4093 viewsMullet

I'm going to assume you are still drunk/hit your head last night. You've basically done the same as arguing we should sign Chris Martin whilst also pooing in your hands and clapping.

Sort yourself out ABB

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:02 - Aug 15 with 4068 viewsWithnail

Time to take the Mick posters down... and stop being a massive tart.

Let him go.
A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:09 - Aug 15 with 4039 viewsartsbossbeard

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:02 - Aug 15 by Withnail

Time to take the Mick posters down... and stop being a massive tart.

Let him go.

I've challenged better posters than yourself to provide proof from my previous posts that I was in fact pro Mick and they failed to deliver. Take a look and report back, I'll wait.

I've got my trotters up in Turkey and about to have my first mojito of the day. I'll check back shortly.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:39 - Aug 15 with 3965 viewsblaggers

There are those of us who can all too clearly remember Keane going the first 14 games without a win back in 2009. They were dark days.

Poll: What happens next?

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:58 - Aug 15 with 3895 viewsitfcjoe

I think if we don't click in a couple of weeks we could be in a fair amount of trouble.

Not inconceivable we go into the international break bottom of the league, with a derby defeat and an early league cup exit. If that happens confidence will be on the floor and a squad with little experience at this level and a manager with the same and things could get really bad.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I think people are dreaming if they think the squad has massively improved - Jackson, Harrison, Sears is not a better striking situation than Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick.

I think the only player we've signed who is a clear step up is Edwards as a wide man, plus potentially Nolan but only because Huws can't get or stay fit

There are a lot of players who have a lot to prove, hopefully they will - but I haven't seen many threads slating the bookies for making us 3rd favourites to go down lately.

I've said it numerous times now, but if Hurst can keep us up with any relative degree of comfort then he will have done a very, very good job this season.

Mick had to go, but I worry that like after Jewell's first summer after Keane, the new manager has tried to rip up too much of a squad which was in decent nick too quickly.

A win in the next couple of games is vital, or this season can get away from us quickly.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 3869 views_

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 10:58 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

I think if we don't click in a couple of weeks we could be in a fair amount of trouble.

Not inconceivable we go into the international break bottom of the league, with a derby defeat and an early league cup exit. If that happens confidence will be on the floor and a squad with little experience at this level and a manager with the same and things could get really bad.

Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I think people are dreaming if they think the squad has massively improved - Jackson, Harrison, Sears is not a better striking situation than Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick.

I think the only player we've signed who is a clear step up is Edwards as a wide man, plus potentially Nolan but only because Huws can't get or stay fit

There are a lot of players who have a lot to prove, hopefully they will - but I haven't seen many threads slating the bookies for making us 3rd favourites to go down lately.

I've said it numerous times now, but if Hurst can keep us up with any relative degree of comfort then he will have done a very, very good job this season.

Mick had to go, but I worry that like after Jewell's first summer after Keane, the new manager has tried to rip up too much of a squad which was in decent nick too quickly.

A win in the next couple of games is vital, or this season can get away from us quickly.

A Big Sam Christmas time salvage operation on 11:09 - Aug 15 with 3841 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:01 - Aug 15 by _

I don't think people are sh*tting their pants, but maybe coming round to the view that this is a big challenge.

I wasn't comfortable waiting for Hurst in the summer, because it baffles me that we had a managerial vacancy on Easter Sunday but didn't appoint a manager until June, that was a bad move. We then went into a pre season with a squad of players new guy didn't want, so Hurst has made a huge play about fitness and how important pre season was - when only 7 players that have started a game (out of 16) were in the camp in Spain, and one of those then went away with England for the rest of pre season.

We don't look to have the quality to nick us a win before it clicks, either in open play like a Tom Lawrence or from a set piece like a Waghorn delivery.

I said a few weeks back that Evans had, in many respects, set Hurst up to fail. I still think that - Hurst has an incredible amount of work to do in next few weeks while also negotiating 4 fixtures. It's a bloody tough ask, we need to hope he is as good as his record suggests he can be.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024