Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen 19:38 - Oct 27 with 10287 viewsGarv

Have we had many worse left backs?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knudsen on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 2982 viewsElephantintheRoom

On the basis that he looked entirely comfortable in a world cup quarter final against the eventual finalists no - not even Mick MIlls managed that.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

on 11:01 - Oct 28 with 2978 views_

Knudsen on 10:58 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

I make you, and him, wrong.

Knudsen on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 2972 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:01 - Oct 28 by _

Are you arguing with me?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 11:08 - Oct 28 with 2969 views_

Knudsen on 11:04 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

Are you arguing with me?

Knudsen on 11:10 - Oct 28 with 2965 viewsWickwar_Blue

Ben Thatcher?
Knudsen on 11:23 - Oct 28 with 2954 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:08 - Oct 28 by _

I'm asking you.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 11:35 - Oct 28 with 2946 views_

Knudsen on 11:23 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

I'm asking you.

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 11:39 - Oct 28 with 2937 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 20:57 - Oct 27 by Pilgrimblue

He was very poor today apart from his throws. Hope Kenlock is back soon otherwise time for youngster to step up.

Even one of his throws went past the intended recipient and out for a goal kick. Hopeless.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen on 11:47 - Oct 28 with 2930 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:35 - Oct 28 by _

It's not me who's the weird one. This is just a discussion but you insinuated I'm arguing. No I'm just disagreeing with you. I don't even really know what "doubling down" means.

on 11:49 - Oct 28 with 2928 views_

Knudsen on 11:47 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

It's not me who's the weird one. This is just a discussion but you insinuated I'm arguing. No I'm just disagreeing with you. I don't even really know what "doubling down" means.

Knudsen on 11:59 - Oct 28 with 2922 viewscasanovacrow

He's a good left back if you just want one to be a functional defender.
He just offers nothing with the ball, he certainly isn't a wing-back.
Similar problems with most of our previous previous manager's players.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 12:05]
Yes Donacien, plus.... on 12:18 - Oct 28 with 2911 viewslongtimefan

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 11:39 - Oct 28 by PositivelyPortman

Even one of his throws went past the intended recipient and out for a goal kick. Hopeless.

I’d suggest that if you ever change your username that you ought too consider “NegativelyKnudsen”
Knudsen on 14:12 - Oct 28 with 2880 viewscrunchie1978

Knudsen on 19:57 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

He's not even the worst left back in the current playing squad.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 20:34]

You know what for once.....I actually agree with you lol!
Knudsen on 14:48 - Oct 28 with 2868 viewsLeagueOne

Knudsen on 19:41 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, lots. Matt Richards and Damien Delaney for starters.

Matt Richards was one of our best players from 2002-2009, Damien Delaney went on to be an established Premier League player...

We have had infinitely worse than those two.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Knudsen on 16:21 - Oct 28 with 2854 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 14:48 - Oct 28 by LeagueOne

Matt Richards was one of our best players from 2002-2009, Damien Delaney went on to be an established Premier League player...

Of course we've had worse than those two, I haven't said otherwise.

Also, given that he went out on loan to a lower division for most of the last two years of that, and was then released on a free, your assertion that he was "one of our best players" doesn't hold a great deal of water.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 16:39]

Knudsen on 16:22 - Oct 28 with 2852 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 11:49 - Oct 28 by _

I'm perfectly chilled mate, and have been throughout this chat. Your obsession with trying to make it look like I'm being argumentative when I'm simply just disagreeing with something is rather odd.

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 16:26 - Oct 28 with 2850 viewsPilgrimblue

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 11:39 - Oct 28 by PositivelyPortman

You're right he is and he only looked good for Denmark as they play on the deck and he has much better players around him.
At best he's a defender and didn't do too badly at CB. He's a no nonsense defender but not good enough for me.
Knudsen on 16:29 - Oct 28 with 2847 viewsgainsboroughblue

Knudsen on 22:01 - Oct 27 by Scuzzer

You must be a young un.
Ladies and gentlemen I bring you Graham Harbey.

Harbey was shockingly awful but funnily enough, he was one of our stand out players in the first half of his first season here. Scored a few goals from left-back and won several Fisons man of the match awards. It was very much downhill from there.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Knudsen on 16:54 - Oct 28 with 2832 viewswarkthisway

On a par with Matt Richards- incredible that he gets to play in the championship - to think of the great players that have gone before him- let’s hope Lambert can see through him.

bentnkuqi

on 19:33 - Oct 28 with 2789 views_

Knudsen on 16:22 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

I'm perfectly chilled mate, and have been throughout this chat. Your obsession with trying to make it look like I'm being argumentative when I'm simply just disagreeing with something is rather odd.

Knudsen on 10:43 - Oct 30 with 2684 viewsCurrie10

Knudsen on 14:48 - Oct 28 by LeagueOne

One of our best players!? Not entirely sure about that!

Not as bad as many would say though, no.
Knudsen on 10:47 - Oct 30 with 2682 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 10:43 - Oct 30 by Currie10

One of our best players!? Not entirely sure about that!

Not as bad as many would say though, no.

Like I said above, he went on loan to the lower leagues for the last 2 years of that... and was then released on a free.

Bit odd for "one of our best players"!

Knudsen on 11:49 - Oct 30 with 2655 viewsconnorscontract

Knudsen on 10:56 - Oct 28 by longtimefan

Richards was treated very poorly by a large number of Town supporters. Was never as bad as was made out and never deserved the abuse he received. Like many however he was a better wing back than full back. I would still rate Knudsen above him however.

Based on his Town appearances I would have to put Jay McEveley up there as the worst to play full back for Ipswich.

David Wright was in a different league to the majority of fullbacks to play for Ipswich in the last 20 years. A real class performer as a defender and overlapping fullback.

It took to page two, and we finally have Jay "all the physical attributes a defender needs apart from the ability to actually defend effectively" McEverley, and, in another post, Dan "the fey love child of Lassie and Charlie Hawtrey" Harding.

Absolute garbage, both of them.

But not the worst.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Zeki "it's my big chance in a must win game when we are chasing promotion at the end of the season, how badly can I fck this one up?" Fryers.

I would have been worse than him, granted, but the end result wouldn't have been much different, largely because the Town players would have sussed pretty quickly that I'm not a professional footballer and on no account should they either pass to me, rely on me to track a man or encourage me to try and tackle anyone.

Sadly nobody realised all that with Fryers until we'd lost.
Knudsen on 11:54 - Oct 30 with 2645 viewsbluelagos

Was going to agree with the comment about Graham Harbey then I remembered Michael Clegg on load from Man U in the late 90s.

Am not proud of this but it genuinely took me 15 minutes of his debut at Crewe for me to suggest he to return to Manchester. 3 games later and pretty much every town fan was shaking their heads at how sh1te he was.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024