Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knudsen 19:38 - Oct 27 with 10288 viewsGarv

Have we had many worse left backs?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Knudsen on 22:00 - Oct 27 with 1833 views3_5_2

Knudsen on 21:26 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

I know what Delaney was... I'm talking about his stint as left back for us.

I think 'heart' is certainly NOT something you can say Knudsen is lacking. Certainly not been great lately though.

So using your logic Chambo is one the worst rb we have ever had Even though everyone knew for about 2 seasons he is a cb

Disagree over Knudsen and his attitude His heart is not in it in my opinion but also his distribution is appalling at times.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Knudsen on 22:01 - Oct 27 with 1833 viewsScuzzer

You must be a young un.
Ladies and gentlemen I bring you Graham Harbey.

Established 1968

Knudsen on 22:10 - Oct 27 with 1818 views3_5_2

Knudsen on 22:01 - Oct 27 by Scuzzer

You must be a young un.
Ladies and gentlemen I bring you Graham Harbey.

Harbey was awful

However we have a history of playing lumbering cb at full back.

I recall Chris Waddle turning Phil Whelen inside out like I have never seen before or since

Drissa (which spell check offers as “dross” incidently) Diallo at rb was a joy too

Oh how I long for the likes of Wilnis or Taricco.

Knudsen on 22:20 - Oct 27 with 1814 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Knudsen on 20:08 - Oct 27 by Paramedic

Can never understand why people singled out Richards. A natural lb and a reasonably good one at that. However I can never understand why some fans turned on Jermaine Wright either. However I will say Knudsen offers us nothing.

Matt Richards did fine for us, scored quite a few goals, could take a penalty and gave his all. He was probably playing half a level above his ability but he was a decent enough left back. He was also part of Joe Royle's very entertaining Town team who so nearly won promotion.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

on 22:20 - Oct 27 with 1816 views_

Knudsen on 22:21 - Oct 27 with 1808 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 22:00 - Oct 27 by 3_5_2

So using your logic Chambo is one the worst rb we have ever had Even though everyone knew for about 2 seasons he is a cb

Disagree over Knudsen and his attitude His heart is not in it in my opinion but also his distribution is appalling at times.

I've made no comment (here) about Chambo's abilities as a right back.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Knudsen on 22:40 - Oct 27 with 1787 viewsVic

Every other Danish left back must be shocking then if what you imply is true.

Or he’s actually not as bad as you say.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Knudsen on 22:55 - Oct 27 with 1783 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen on 19:41 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

Yes, lots. Matt Richards and Damien Delaney for starters.

Matt Richards was so much better than Jonas.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Knudsen on 23:44 - Oct 27 with 1766 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

He was dreadful today, properly sh1t. Clearly away in January and playing like it
Knudsen on 00:27 - Oct 28 with 1749 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 22:55 - Oct 27 by Reuser_is_God

Matt Richards was so much better than Jonas.

I disagree.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 07:31 - Oct 28 with 1704 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 20:30 - Oct 27 by Garv

Whether left back or wing back you need them to have a modicum of footballing quality while the ball is on the grass.

He does not. He's one of the first that needs replacing when the opportunity comes.

Indeed. Half of those that praise Knudsen never see him play. They give him high ratings because he plays for Fenmark.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Knudsen on 07:33 - Oct 28 with 1701 viewsCurrie10

Assume you didn’t see Darren O dea

When Harding was bad also.....

Poor Karbiassoon, not a LB, put put there at times also pants

Reading away 0405. 10 superb performances, and Karbiassoon!!!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 7:37]
Yes Donacien, plus.... on 07:47 - Oct 28 with 1695 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 07:31 - Oct 28 by PositivelyPortman

Indeed. Half of those that praise Knudsen never see him play. They give him high ratings because he plays for Fenmark.

Where do you get your figures from?

Knudsen on 08:14 - Oct 28 with 1676 views3_5_2

Knudsen on 22:21 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

I've made no comment (here) about Chambo's abilities as a right back.

You have really missed the point here.

You quoted Delaney as a poor left back when he was clearly a centre back so not his fault that the manager put him there. Played cb in the premier league in loads of games for palace proves that

Knudsen on 08:17 - Oct 28 with 1673 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 08:14 - Oct 28 by 3_5_2

You have really missed the point here.

You quoted Delaney as a poor left back when he was clearly a centre back so not his fault that the manager put him there. Played cb in the premier league in loads of games for palace proves that

No you've missed the point. I made no comment on who's fault it was - I simply stated that he was a poor left back. That has no bearing on my thoughts on him as a centre back or as a Crystal Palace player.

Knudsen on 08:23 - Oct 28 with 1668 viewsReuser_is_God

Knudsen on 00:27 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

I disagree.

Well you’re wrong.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Knudsen on 08:32 - Oct 28 with 1659 viewsjas0999

Knudsen is a very average player. Just like most of the currrent squad.

But worst ever left back? No.
Knudsen on 08:33 - Oct 28 with 1659 views3_5_2

Knudsen on 08:23 - Oct 28 by Reuser_is_God

Well you’re wrong.

Richards for me was one of those players who was a solid defender rather than spectacular player

My memory may not serve me well but I would prefer some of that ilk than what we have at present

David Wright was another

Would kill for someone like him now

Knudsen on 09:17 - Oct 28 with 1636 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well you’re wrong.

It's an opinion. It just happens to be different to yours.

Knudsen on 09:22 - Oct 28 with 1626 viewsHerbivore

Knudsen on 09:17 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

It's an opinion. It just happens to be different to yours.

Your opinion at least has behind it that the likes of Villa, Wolves, Stoke and Middlesbrough have shown interest in Knudsen over the past 18 months. Plus he started for Denmark in the knockout stages of the World Cup. Some fans decided he was crap in his first season here and won't shift from that opinion regardless of his performances since so there's no point arguing with them really, plus he's seen as Mick's man which makes some of those same fans lose their heads. Any poor performance is seized upon and played up, good performances are just ignored. He's one of our few decent, experienced Championship players and the notion he is a priority to replace is laughable really. When he goes it'll be a move to a side in better shape than Town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 09:25 - Oct 28 with 1621 views_

Well you’re wrong.

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 09:52 - Oct 28 with 1610 viewsBlueBadger

Yes Donacien, plus.... on 20:49 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

IMO Lambert's shopping list should read (in order of most to least needed);

Strikers x 2
A creative midfielder
A left winger
Cleaning chemicals for the North Stand roof.
A replacement for Jonas.

Albeit he seems to have lost his way since coming back from the World Cup. Not sure why, he was a pretty capable left beck before then.

It's almost as if the bloke he's been playing under this season hasn't been very good.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Knudsen on 10:56 - Oct 28 with 1576 viewslongtimefan

Knudsen on 08:33 - Oct 28 by 3_5_2

Richards for me was one of those players who was a solid defender rather than spectacular player

My memory may not serve me well but I would prefer some of that ilk than what we have at present

David Wright was another

Would kill for someone like him now

Richards was treated very poorly by a large number of Town supporters. Was never as bad as was made out and never deserved the abuse he received. Like many however he was a better wing back than full back. I would still rate Knudsen above him however.

Based on his Town appearances I would have to put Jay McEveley up there as the worst to play full back for Ipswich.

David Wright was in a different league to the majority of fullbacks to play for Ipswich in the last 20 years. A real class performer as a defender and overlapping fullback.
Knudsen on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 1575 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 09:25 - Oct 28 by _

I make you, and him, wrong.

Knudsen on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 1572 viewsBrixtonBlue

Knudsen on 09:22 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Your opinion at least has behind it that the likes of Villa, Wolves, Stoke and Middlesbrough have shown interest in Knudsen over the past 18 months. Plus he started for Denmark in the knockout stages of the World Cup. Some fans decided he was crap in his first season here and won't shift from that opinion regardless of his performances since so there's no point arguing with them really, plus he's seen as Mick's man which makes some of those same fans lose their heads. Any poor performance is seized upon and played up, good performances are just ignored. He's one of our few decent, experienced Championship players and the notion he is a priority to replace is laughable really. When he goes it'll be a move to a side in better shape than Town.

I make you right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024