Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done TWTD 22:14 - Oct 29 with 11383 viewsDyland

It was written in the stars that Hurst would turn out to be a spectacular failure, be fired, and we could then have a mass debate about who was worse, Keane, Jewell or Hurst.

Arf.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Well done TWTD on 14:00 - Oct 30 with 4447 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

Hurst was like the lovechild of Keane and Jewell.... Only to find out once he was born, that it was actually Mick who got Roy pregnant and was the actual father.

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

Well done TWTD on 14:40 - Oct 30 with 4428 viewsBigalhunter

Well done TWTD on 11:23 - Oct 30 by SamWhiteUK

The BCWYWF clan are most certainly having a mass debate

I was so right I've almost snapped mine off.
Well done TWTD on 14:45 - Oct 30 with 4426 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Well done TWTD on 08:07 - Oct 30 by wkj

Without a shadow of a doubt, it is Hurst. I have no doubt he can be a great manager, but he learnt (at our expense) To be great, one must learn the changes and adapt their solutions- rather than solve bigger problems with the same solutions.

Hurst will not be a great manager. Great managers are people like Paisley, Ferguson, Ramsey, Clough, Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Robson, Michels etc.

Hurst might go on to have a decent career at League One level. The only way he'll get back to Championship level is if he takes a club there, which he could well do. But I feel his next job will either be with a struggling League One club or in League Two.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Well done TWTD on 14:48 - Oct 30 with 4424 viewsPJH

Well done TWTD on 14:45 - Oct 30 by The_Last_Baron

Hurst will not be a great manager. Great managers are people like Paisley, Ferguson, Ramsey, Clough, Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Robson, Michels etc.

Hurst might go on to have a decent career at League One level. The only way he'll get back to Championship level is if he takes a club there, which he could well do. But I feel his next job will either be with a struggling League One club or in League Two.

Agree entirely about Hurst, I said that the only way he will get another job in The Championship anytime soon is by taking a club there-which it is quite possible that he will.
Well done TWTD on 16:03 - Oct 30 with 4401 viewsJimmyJazz

Well done TWTD on 14:48 - Oct 30 by PJH

Agree entirely about Hurst, I said that the only way he will get another job in The Championship anytime soon is by taking a club there-which it is quite possible that he will.

I hope he gets a job soon, so he can sign Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson and we'll let him have Roberts for free

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Well done TWTD on 16:12 - Oct 30 with 4395 viewsPositivelyPortman

Well done TWTD on 08:09 - Oct 30 by Currie10

Keane x Jewell = Hurst

That’s got that out of your system hasn’t it?
Now you can turn your attention to PL.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:20 - Oct 30 with 4351 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 30 by Dyland

We have no idea on what he could have achieved!
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:48 - Oct 30 with 4343 viewsPJH

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:20 - Oct 30 by jjblue84

We have no idea on what he could have achieved!

He certainly looked like being the first manager here to achieve relegation to the third tier since Scott Duncan in 1954/55.
Login to get fewer ads

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:51 - Oct 30 with 4338 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:48 - Oct 30 by PJH

He certainly looked like being the first manager here to achieve relegation to the third tier since Scott Duncan in 1954/55.

From what he was left, it wouldn’t be a surprise. But modern fans aren’t able to see past one season!
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 30 with 4337 viewsPJH

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:51 - Oct 30 by jjblue84

From what he was left, it wouldn’t be a surprise. But modern fans aren’t able to see past one season!

Yes, as you say a team that finishes 19 points clear of relegation one season is obviously a prime candidate for relegation the next season-happens all the time.
Well done TWTD on 22:01 - Oct 30 with 4333 viewsBLUEBEAT

Most posters are letting statistics get in the way and are forgetting Keane is Roy Keane. Roy Keane. Absolute sh!thead of a person. That Roy Keane. He instigated the ITFC Beginning Of The End. Never forget.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Well done TWTD on 01:14 - Oct 31 with 4300 viewsBluefish

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 by Dubtractor

Yep, Hurst has at least saved any further debate on the Keane vs Jewell theme by inexplicably being worse than either of them.

Miles worse.

Utter disaster.

Nope worse record than keane but he wasn't given a budget to win the league like keane was. To be comparable he would have needed to blow 100 million on utter utter dross and give away Dozzell for 400k

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 07:59 - Oct 31 with 4265 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 30 by PJH

Yes, as you say a team that finishes 19 points clear of relegation one season is obviously a prime candidate for relegation the next season-happens all the time.

I didn’t say that at all!!
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 31 with 4240 viewsPJH

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 07:59 - Oct 31 by jjblue84

I didn’t say that at all!!

You suggested that he was left with a mess but in fact he was not,he created one.
Few if any ITFC supporters(and maybe others) were expecting us to be in a relegation battle this season when last season finished but thanks to Hurst we are.
We now have a proper manager so I am confident that we will survive and hopefully comfortably so.
Well done TWTD on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 4227 viewsWhymarkmariner

Well done TWTD on 22:27 - Oct 29 by Guthrum

Hurst may yet turn out to have hired some decent players. But in overall terms, he probably is still the worst of those three.

The Championship takes no prisoners. Although I never like MM he knew the League inside out. Hurst was a rookie in this League and was unfortunately found out in a big way. We have a chance with PL, but he still has a hell of a job. A team that can't score and can't defend. He will probably have to shore it up with a couple of loans because January is a long way away and if we are still in this position or worse points wise then who would want to sign for us ?
Well done TWTD on 10:02 - Oct 31 with 4224 viewschicoazul

Well done TWTD on 01:14 - Oct 31 by Bluefish

Nope worse record than keane but he wasn't given a budget to win the league like keane was. To be comparable he would have needed to blow 100 million on utter utter dross and give away Dozzell for 400k

Well he had to be prevented from sending Dozzell out on loan for the year to a L2 club so he was nearly there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 11:52 - Oct 31 with 4189 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 09:23 - Oct 31 by PJH

You suggested that he was left with a mess but in fact he was not,he created one.
Few if any ITFC supporters(and maybe others) were expecting us to be in a relegation battle this season when last season finished but thanks to Hurst we are.
We now have a proper manager so I am confident that we will survive and hopefully comfortably so.

Thanks for correcting! He was left a mess of a squad were the only players that were holding it together had already left...he may well have got relegated but that’s no big deal in the long run, most of the current premier league teams have been in the third division more recently than us!!
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:02 - Oct 31 with 4173 viewsPJH

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 11:52 - Oct 31 by jjblue84

Thanks for correcting! He was left a mess of a squad were the only players that were holding it together had already left...he may well have got relegated but that’s no big deal in the long run, most of the current premier league teams have been in the third division more recently than us!!

I understand now.

The only player other than loanees that had left before Hurst arrived was McGoldrick so he was the one holding the squad together.

Relegation to the third tier should be aimed for because that is the best way to get to the Premier League.

All clear now.
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:07 - Oct 31 with 4165 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:02 - Oct 31 by PJH

I understand now.

The only player other than loanees that had left before Hurst arrived was McGoldrick so he was the one holding the squad together.

Relegation to the third tier should be aimed for because that is the best way to get to the Premier League.

All clear now.

Mr Straw Man is back again! Who said relegation should be aimed for??
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 31 with 4160 viewsPJH

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:07 - Oct 31 by jjblue84

Mr Straw Man is back again! Who said relegation should be aimed for??

I am not your Straw Man and in future I will just try to converse on here with people I consider worth conversing with and that will not include you.

It is proving difficult for other people trying to talk to you as I see from other threads but you have now got one less person to argue with.
On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:18 - Oct 31 with 4160 viewsjjblue84

On the contrary, we do know (n/t) on 12:12 - Oct 31 by PJH

I am not your Straw Man and in future I will just try to converse on here with people I consider worth conversing with and that will not include you.

It is proving difficult for other people trying to talk to you as I see from other threads but you have now got one less person to argue with.

Starts argument, loses, runs off!!
Well done TWTD on 13:09 - Oct 31 with 4129 viewsEly_Blue

Well done TWTD on 08:55 - Oct 30 by jayceee

----- M ----- W ----- L ----- D ----- %W
PH: 15 ----- 1 ----- 7 ----- 7 ----- 6.7
RK: 81 ---- 28 --- 25 ---- 28 --- 34.6
PJ : 86 ---- 30 --- 18 ---- 38 --- 34.9

PH was a disaster, but the sort order would be different if it was about likeability.

I’m going to throw this out there but how do MMs stats as town manager stick up against those?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Well done TWTD on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 4126 viewsJimmyJazz

Well done TWTD on 10:02 - Oct 31 by chicoazul

Well he had to be prevented from sending Dozzell out on loan for the year to a L2 club so he was nearly there.

Add to that he would much rather have played Nolan ahead of Dozzell, think some peer pressure may have come into play in the end - see also Bart getting back in the team

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Well done TWTD on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 4095 viewsbraveblue

Well done TWTD on 22:20 - Oct 29 by J2BLUE

After the excitement of the summer when we got a young manager who was scouring the lower leagues there's now plenty of people sticking the boot into Evans for getting it wrong. It's a joke. Then they wonder why Evans won't put millions in to satisfy their 'ambition'. Cretins.

He got it wrong - AGAIN!!
Well done TWTD on 15:30 - Oct 31 with 4081 viewsJ2BLUE

Well done TWTD on 15:09 - Oct 31 by braveblue

He got it wrong - AGAIN!!

Good feeling around the club by braveblue 29 Jul 2018 9:49
Isn’t it refreshing to see some encouragement. Dozzell could be the main man this season. A couple of additions and we could be ok.

One thing I didn't like about Hurst's interview last night by braveblue 15 Aug 2018 13:12
Well I thought it was a refreshing interview. Too many are pouncing on the odd word. And all the Mick lovers are saying how well Mick behaved - presume they forget he told the fans to F off at Norwich!!

Give PH a chance. Evans has put him in a difficult position with his £5m profit in the past couple of months. We must be patient.

Seems you were a fan of Hurst's appointment. It took me about a minute to find those two posts but now rather than hold your hands up that you're re-writing history you can tell me how sad I am

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024