Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU 10:38 - Dec 20 with 20904 viewsGlasgowBlue

These people are utter scum and I'm embarrassed I ticked the same box as them

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:15 - Dec 20 with 4720 viewsfooters

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:08 - Dec 20 by No9

According to some people on TV this morning doing a bit for charities there are 14 Mn people in the UK living in poverty 4Mn of those are children it is disguting for a the government to ignore it and put the UN Envoys comments down to politics

Indeed. The way the government dismissed the UN's report was disgusting. And then you have to take into account the fact that the Tories already moved the goalposts on what's considered poverty/child poverty under Cameron.

Of course, their response would be that more people are in unstable work. It's all good people being in work but if that work doesn't pay, or is unreliable, then what's the difference between being on benefits and in poverty and in work and in poverty?

And then, of course, we have the disastrous roll-out of UC which will plunge even more of the country's most vulnerable into a life of poverty, despite the fact that many are actually working.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:18 - Dec 20 with 4706 viewsNo9

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:15 - Dec 20 by footers

Indeed. The way the government dismissed the UN's report was disgusting. And then you have to take into account the fact that the Tories already moved the goalposts on what's considered poverty/child poverty under Cameron.

Of course, their response would be that more people are in unstable work. It's all good people being in work but if that work doesn't pay, or is unreliable, then what's the difference between being on benefits and in poverty and in work and in poverty?

And then, of course, we have the disastrous roll-out of UC which will plunge even more of the country's most vulnerable into a life of poverty, despite the fact that many are actually working.

'In work' poverty is really serious
We have a squewed unemployment counting system e.g. only those on Job Seekers allowance are classed as unemployed estimates of the real unemployed e.g. inactive vary up to 2.5 Mn

It's all disgusting.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:19 - Dec 20 with 4704 viewsSwansea_Blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:03 - Dec 20 by footers

My money's on Guthers.

It's TWTDNews def ino! Feeling left out that all it can talk about is failure and doom and gloom.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:20 - Dec 20 with 4697 viewsSwansea_Blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:15 - Dec 20 by footers

Being in work and in poverty makes money for the employers

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:22 - Dec 20 with 4683 viewsm14_blue

Sickening.

The leading Brexiteers need to at least try to dampen down this nonsense instead of perpetually fanning the flames with their rhetoric. It seems the murder of Jo Cox has taught us nothing.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:23 - Dec 20 with 4678 viewsSwansea_Blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:12 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently calling somebody scum who compares a principled, hard working MP to a man who committed genocide on a mass scale I’d fueling the resentment.

Easily avoidable. If they didn't behave like scum then they wouldn't be called it.

Leavers have unwittingly emboldened these herbets though. Not that it's your fault of course, but they've been handed the arguments and vocabulary by the right wing press and MPs, and now think they're in a majority because they're part of the 52%.

And, did you just call a Tory "principled"?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:25 - Dec 20 with 4670 viewsgiant_stow

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:58 - Dec 20 by CoachRob

The far right are on the rise and are using Brexit as a cover for their extremism. Many of the problems people are enduring come from discordant economics not the nonsense these people talk.
I think calling people "scum" is totally uncalled for and similar to Hillary Clinton's "Basket of deplorables". People like Glassers are helping to fuel resentment in society not tackle it.

A good point, surrounded by plop. How patronising to absolve these loons like that. They can take responsibility for their own actions. And then you have the fcking cheek to blame someone who's angered by their sh1t!!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:26]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:26 - Dec 20 with 4658 viewsm14_blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:58 - Dec 20 by CoachRob

The far right are on the rise and are using Brexit as a cover for their extremism. Many of the problems people are enduring come from discordant economics not the nonsense these people talk.
I think calling people "scum" is totally uncalled for and similar to Hillary Clinton's "Basket of deplorables". People like Glassers are helping to fuel resentment in society not tackle it.

That last sentence isn’t fair at all.
Login to get fewer ads

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:29 - Dec 20 with 4645 viewsCoachRob

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:07 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Would you care to elaborate how I am fueling resentment in society? Bearing in mind that you have, on several occasions, either excused or denied racism from the hard left towards a fearful minority group in this country.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:08]

I have merely pointed out your total lack of understanding when it comes to presenting data both qualitative and quantitative. Your gross exaggerations to promote you own political agenda are there for all to see and many on this forum have eluded to this.
Take it you weren't at the anti-fascist rally on the 9th Dec - I was with my Jewish academic friends from UCL. The real threat to minorities comes from "liberals" like you, just take a look at Brazil for conformation of the liberal elite converging behind Jair Bolsonaro in search of profit.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:29 - Dec 20 with 4643 viewsSwansea_Blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:26 - Dec 20 by m14_blue

That last sentence isn’t fair at all.

Agreed, it's not fair at all.

(No subject) on 12:33 - Dec 20 with 4632 viewsDyland

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:29 - Dec 20 by CoachRob

I have merely pointed out your total lack of understanding when it comes to presenting data both qualitative and quantitative. Your gross exaggerations to promote you own political agenda are there for all to see and many on this forum have eluded to this.
Take it you weren't at the anti-fascist rally on the 9th Dec - I was with my Jewish academic friends from UCL. The real threat to minorities comes from "liberals" like you, just take a look at Brazil for conformation of the liberal elite converging behind Jair Bolsonaro in search of profit.

Oh dear oh dear.

You may have a wider issue with Glassers but your attack on what he's said in this thread is ridiculous.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 15:17]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:10 - Dec 20 with 4567 viewsJimmyJazz

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:13 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

My MP getting compared to Adolf Hitler for wanting a second vote.

As I said yesterday, politics in this country has gone to the toilet. These sort of reactions are amplified by silly sound bites politicians like to make that sound great and then are repeated and exaggerated because actually talking about things properly is boring for most. Certain parts of the media don't help.

But it's OK, obviously the country is not at all divided anymore, we're all united.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:55]

Was thinking a similar thing this morning. A lot of people's political views these days is based on seeing something on social media by someone you like and then sharing it. No additional comment (maybe a 'this') just a 'my politics is my shared pages' approach.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:15 - Dec 20 with 4557 viewsStokieBlue

"The real threat to minorities comes from "liberals" like you, just take a look at Brazil for conformation of the liberal elite converging behind Jair Bolsonaro in search of profit."

I think you might want to re-read and then re-evaluate your post.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:18 - Dec 20 with 4548 viewsgiant_stow

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:15 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

"The real threat to minorities comes from "liberals" like you, just take a look at Brazil for conformation of the liberal elite converging behind Jair Bolsonaro in search of profit."

I think you might want to re-read and then re-evaluate your post.

SB

I'm wondering if my man's just cross that him and his leftist pals didn't get to these mugs before the right did. useful foot solders, wasted.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:29 - Dec 20 with 4525 viewsBlueNomad

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:13 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

My MP getting compared to Adolf Hitler for wanting a second vote.

As I said yesterday, politics in this country has gone to the toilet. These sort of reactions are amplified by silly sound bites politicians like to make that sound great and then are repeated and exaggerated because actually talking about things properly is boring for most. Certain parts of the media don't help.

But it's OK, obviously the country is not at all divided anymore, we're all united.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:55]

It's so ironic that they compare Remainers to Hitler when arguably the biggest advocate of something like the EU was Sir Winston Churchill!
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 13:44 - Dec 20 with 4496 viewsDarth_Koont

Problem is that there have been 40-odd years of lies — or at the very least gross exaggerations and misrepresentations — about how the EU has been denying us our rights (human and democratic).

With that narrative, you're always going to get people who interpret this as a (self-)righteous fight where language like "traitor" and "enemy of the people" doesn't just seem acceptable but appropriate.

Pronouns: He/Him

on 14:02 - Dec 20 with 4476 views_

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 21:45 - Dec 20 with 4360 viewsDanTheMan

One of them has called up LBC to defend themselves. Their explanation of the Hitler remark is particularly strange.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/the-man-filmed-tory-mp-an

Oh and bonus points for the (((Soros))) mention.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:00 - Dec 20 with 4327 viewsm14_blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 21:45 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

One of them has called up LBC to defend themselves. Their explanation of the Hitler remark is particularly strange.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/the-man-filmed-tory-mp-an

Reading the comments on that story makes me feel incredibly depressed about my fellow countrymen, our education system is quite clearly failing.

These sort of people are a far bigger part of the leave vote than we would like to think.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:06 - Dec 20 with 4325 viewsDubtractor

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:07 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Would you care to elaborate how I am fueling resentment in society? Bearing in mind that you have, on several occasions, either excused or denied racism from the hard left towards a fearful minority group in this country.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:08]

Well quite, I disagree quite dramatically with a lot of your political views, but I'm lost on that post.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:16 - Dec 20 with 4307 viewscaught-in-limbo

Couldn't find the Soros mention in the linked article, but a Brexiteer, wearing a gilet jaune, calling people Hitler, being crap generally and phoning in to LBC just sounds too good to be true.

Additionally, the fact that Glassers supposedly is embarrassed that he voted this way because of this man is simply hilarious.

I love apples, but yesterday I found out that not only Franco, but Hilter, Himmler and Goebbels also liked apples. I feel sick, I'm ashamed that I have ever eaten apples and certainly never will again.

#FascistsAteApples
#AppleEatersHaveNoPlaceInATolerantSociety

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:20 - Dec 20 with 4304 viewsDarth_Koont

"Don't talk down to me, love"

Haha. What a sh1twit.

But frightening how he's blindly accepted a whole narrative directly from the Express and the Mail and sounds like he'll now fight to the death until it's accepted by everyone else.

In a parallel universe, we'd be talking about him being radicalised.

Pronouns: He/Him

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:27 - Dec 20 with 4284 viewsm14_blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:16 - Dec 20 by caught-in-limbo

Couldn't find the Soros mention in the linked article, but a Brexiteer, wearing a gilet jaune, calling people Hitler, being crap generally and phoning in to LBC just sounds too good to be true.

Additionally, the fact that Glassers supposedly is embarrassed that he voted this way because of this man is simply hilarious.

I love apples, but yesterday I found out that not only Franco, but Hilter, Himmler and Goebbels also liked apples. I feel sick, I'm ashamed that I have ever eaten apples and certainly never will again.

#FascistsAteApples
#AppleEatersHaveNoPlaceInATolerantSociety

I can see why a reasonable leave voter would feel embarrassed that their vote had contributed to idiots like this being emboldened to spout their bile on our streets.

Although you’re quite right that they’ve no need to really.

Feeling guilty by association isn’t unusual though is it? I feel embarrassed when England football fans behave like nobs abroad.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:40 - Dec 20 with 4267 viewscaught-in-limbo

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:27 - Dec 20 by m14_blue

I can see why a reasonable leave voter would feel embarrassed that their vote had contributed to idiots like this being emboldened to spout their bile on our streets.

Although you’re quite right that they’ve no need to really.

Feeling guilty by association isn’t unusual though is it? I feel embarrassed when England football fans behave like nobs abroad.

Interesting. But Glassers isn't embarrassed about them, he said he's embarrassed that he ticked the same box as them.

There's a difference. I'm also uncomfortable that hooligans support my county's national football team, but I'm not embarrassed, ashamed or uncomfortable about being English.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:46 - Dec 20 with 4243 viewsm14_blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 22:40 - Dec 20 by caught-in-limbo

Interesting. But Glassers isn't embarrassed about them, he said he's embarrassed that he ticked the same box as them.

There's a difference. I'm also uncomfortable that hooligans support my county's national football team, but I'm not embarrassed, ashamed or uncomfortable about being English.

Fair enough.

As I say, I don’t think any leave voters should be embarrassed by the actions of these idiots, I can just understand why they might.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024