Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU 10:38 - Dec 20 with 21010 viewsGlasgowBlue

These people are utter scum and I'm embarrassed I ticked the same box as them

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 16:25 - Dec 21 with 2033 viewsjjblue84

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 16:15 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But the outcome would reflect the current views of the people, would it not?

For ultimate democracy, we should probably have one every day, with our membership changing each time depending on the outcome

Every day? Get with the programme, every hour at least! Actually, it should be a continuous poll for *pure* democracy...
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 16:41 - Dec 21 with 2018 viewsChe

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:08 - Dec 20 by MattinLondon

To be fair there are probably equally as loathsome individuals on the ‘remain’ side of the argument. I don’t think either side can claim to be perfect.

Casual xenophobia and out-and-out racism does seem to be in the increase and this is down to the rhetoric of UKIP as well as the Tory right.

I wouldn't vote remain if I had the chance to again but it's a close call for me, but for someone to suggest there are people on the remain side behaving like this and other thugs is pure fantasy or they want to justify this behaviour.
Brexit unfortunately attreacts these knuckle draggers they are the most extreme sufferers of the 30 years poisonous reteric dished out by the right wing media against the EU.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 17:11 - Dec 21 with 1993 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 16:25 - Dec 21 by jjblue84

Every day? Get with the programme, every hour at least! Actually, it should be a continuous poll for *pure* democracy...

Well quite. Obviously that’s unworkable though, but seeing as you agree more referendums is more democratic, surely you agree that having another one now people have had a chance to reflect on things is the democratic thing to do? After all - if leave really is the democratic option the referendum would reflect that?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 17:41 - Dec 21 with 1972 viewsmonytowbray

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:06 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

The far left and the far right are just different cheeks of the same arsehole.

I saw a meme the other day along these lines that made me laugh...

FAR RIGHT: WE WANT GENOCIDE!
FAR LEFT: NO GENOCIDE!
GOVERNMENT: OKAY, HOW ABOUT WE HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF GENOCIDE BUT NOT TOO MUCH?
FAR RIGHT: WORKS FOR ME.
FAR LEFT: NO, NO MORE GENOCIDE.
CENTRALISTS: GOD THE LEFT ARE SO UNREASONABLE.

It made me laugh, but you can’t compare the far left and the far right.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 17:41]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:08 - Dec 21 with 1947 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 17:41 - Dec 21 by monytowbray

True, you can't. The far left have been responsible for genocide on a far greater scale than the far right.

Iron Lion Zion

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:30 - Dec 21 with 1919 viewsjjblue84

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 17:11 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite. Obviously that’s unworkable though, but seeing as you agree more referendums is more democratic, surely you agree that having another one now people have had a chance to reflect on things is the democratic thing to do? After all - if leave really is the democratic option the referendum would reflect that?

Haha, dream on!!
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:36 - Dec 21 with 1908 viewsClapham_Junction

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:08 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

True, you can't. The far left have been responsible for genocide on a far greater scale than the far right.

That's not true; no-one has come close to the Nazis in terms of genocide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genocides_by_death_toll

(deaths as a result of the Great Leap Forward etc are not usually classified as genocide).
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:40 - Dec 21 with 1902 viewsbuoyant

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:08 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

That's a great leap for some to comprehend!

UTT

Login to get fewer ads

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:59 - Dec 21 with 1868 viewsSpruceMoose

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:36 - Dec 21 by Clapham_Junction

(deaths as a result of the Great Leap Forward etc are not usually classified as genocide).

Glassers must be the only one slogging away in Conservative HQ today. He'll swerve your answer when he gets five minutes.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 19:17 - Dec 21 with 1859 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 18:36 - Dec 21 by Clapham_Junction

I doubt the 65 million people killed collectively by Stalin and Mao were particularly concerned at how their murders were classified.

But I take your point.

Can we agree that the far left have been responsible for millions of more deaths than the far right then?

Not that this is in any way a defence of the far right. Purely pointing out to Callis that they are both cheeks of the same arsehole.

Iron Lion Zion

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 19:23 - Dec 21 with 1854 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 17:41 - Dec 21 by monytowbray

I would dispute this.
Recent history would suggest otherwise.
Politicide, the political cleansing of a population in the name of communism was responsible for tens of millions of civilian deaths.
The same, as recent history suggests, was also carried out in the name of fascism.
Therefore, you can compare the far left & the far right.
Same arse. Different cheek.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 20:54 - Dec 21 with 1777 viewsClapham_Junction

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 19:17 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

I doubt the 65 million people killed collectively by Stalin and Mao were particularly concerned at how their murders were classified.

But I take your point.

Can we agree that the far left have been responsible for millions of more deaths than the far right then?

Not that this is in any way a defence of the far right. Purely pointing out to Callis that they are both cheeks of the same arsehole.

TBH I don't think it's helpful to put left/right labels on these people. It doesn't really matter what side of the political spectrum they were from; regardless of their ideology they were simply evil dictators. Awful things have been done by people from across the economic spectrum and ultimately the numbers are not necessarily reflective of deaths caused by ideology, but which side won various civil wars. Had Russia or China ever been taken over by a far-right party with Nazi-esque views on ethnic superiority, then the numbers of the Holocaust may well have been exceeded given the size of ethnic minorities in those countries.

Basically being far right or far left doesn't equal support for mass murder and the only reason people look to use these figures in arguments is political willy waving.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 23:26 - Dec 21 with 1707 viewseireblue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 20:54 - Dec 21 by Clapham_Junction

TBH I don't think it's helpful to put left/right labels on these people. It doesn't really matter what side of the political spectrum they were from; regardless of their ideology they were simply evil dictators. Awful things have been done by people from across the economic spectrum and ultimately the numbers are not necessarily reflective of deaths caused by ideology, but which side won various civil wars. Had Russia or China ever been taken over by a far-right party with Nazi-esque views on ethnic superiority, then the numbers of the Holocaust may well have been exceeded given the size of ethnic minorities in those countries.

Basically being far right or far left doesn't equal support for mass murder and the only reason people look to use these figures in arguments is political willy waving.

Yep, when the argument gets down to "well my lot killed less than than your lot", it looks a bit silly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024