Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player 18:28 - Dec 22 with 7217 viewscarlisleaway

Out of his depth in the championship, no engine and frightened to stamp his authority on a game with his weak or lack of.......tackles
My opinion only..
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:30 - Dec 22 with 6380 viewsOsborneOneNil

Really? On the ‘marks out of 10’ thread he scored higher than most.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:31 - Dec 22 with 6375 viewsDurovigutum

What I noticed is he gave the ball but didn't move to make space for the return and therefore wasn't building play. While Dozzell wasn't great we got worse when he came off, which is notable.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:32 - Dec 22 with 6376 viewsMullet

Not sure what you were expecting from him when he signed, but he was good today in patches and some of our better play had his involvement.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:33 - Dec 22 with 6369 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

he was terrible today. complete waste of money when you consider our own like Lankester, Bish, Dozzell, Downs are all superior players. Nolan looked scared to make a mistake, sideways, backwards, timid in the tackle, little to no pressure applied when without ball. ive seen better SIL players tbh.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:35 - Dec 22 with 6343 viewstrncbluearmy

Absolute rubbish,let's be honest will never cut it at this level,will disappear without trace.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:37 - Dec 22 with 6312 viewsTractorJack

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:33 - Dec 22 by Jonnosdreadlocks

he was terrible today. complete waste of money when you consider our own like Lankester, Bish, Dozzell, Downs are all superior players. Nolan looked scared to make a mistake, sideways, backwards, timid in the tackle, little to no pressure applied when without ball. ive seen better SIL players tbh.

Lol he won 5/5 tackles today, more than anyone else on the pitch.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:40 - Dec 22 with 6287 viewsMullet

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:33 - Dec 22 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Dozzell was on the pitch today, telling you failed to notice that.

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:41 - Dec 22 with 6272 viewscarlisleaway

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:37 - Dec 22 by TractorJack

Lol he won 5/5 tackles today, more than anyone else on the pitch.

What about the tackles he pulled out of or did not make
Login to get fewer ads

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:44 - Dec 22 with 6249 viewsMullet

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:41 - Dec 22 by carlisleaway

Which tackles did he pull out of?

You sound like the bloke behind me who slated Spence all game, wanted him to mark the man, the space, the runner and get the ball at once then pleaded with the ref to send him off.

Don’t understand this mentality at all, Andre was our weakest performer for much of the game yet seems immune from such statements. Says it all for me.

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 6208 viewsjas0999

Have to agree. He is probably a very below average Championship player at best. But more likely a good division one player.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 6200 viewsTractorJack

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:41 - Dec 22 by carlisleaway

I didn't notice any, let me know what minute they were in and I'll have a look when it's up on iFollow. His press was also a big factor in winning the ball in the build up to our goal.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:53 - Dec 22 with 6179 viewscambblue

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:30 - Dec 22 by OsborneOneNil

When you look back at the end of the game, he offered nothing. Diminutive figure, weak with little to no effect.

He’s Not at this level and gave us nothing in the centre. We had 3 free kicks toward the end of the game. Nolan was on everyone of those and everyone was a floaty ball in the box, easily dealt with. I’d loose no sleep to see him go.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:56 - Dec 22 with 6158 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

The only 2 midfielders who did anything today were Nolan and Chalobah. Dozzell was completely absent, I don't think he touched the ball in the first 15 minutes. Edwards just isnt the player we saw in the first few games of the season. But Nolan was really busy today, made several decent tackles, and used the ball well, nothing flashy, but a solid performance. Chalobah did a great job in standing in for Skuse. We were up against a strong side, and considering how poor Dozzell and Edwards were, it says a lot about the work of Trevoh and Jon (with Freddie always dropping back to help), that we were able to compete.

Poll: would you rather

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:58 - Dec 22 with 6145 viewsStokieBlue

Nolan played pretty well today I thought.

What were you expecting? How many Championship midfielders do you see stamp themselves all over the match?

He linked up the play well, was tidy. Nothing spectacular, the run past the CB which drew the freekick which Sear took was nice.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 19:07 - Dec 22 with 6097 viewsbraveblue

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:31 - Dec 22 by Durovigutum

What I noticed is he gave the ball but didn't move to make space for the return and therefore wasn't building play. While Dozzell wasn't great we got worse when he came off, which is notable.

So exactly like Skuse?
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 19:25 - Dec 22 with 6037 viewsHoppersblue10

I thought Nolan put in a decent performance today, helped press Utd to get the ball back for our goal, worked hard against a decent midfield. Not sure what game you watched today, although that is just my opinion 👍🏻

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 19:30 - Dec 22 with 5984 viewsHerbivore

This thread is bizarre, Nolan had a decent game today.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 20:08 - Dec 22 with 5869 viewsITFC_Forever

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 19:30 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

Yep. He’s improving with each game.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 20:10 - Dec 22 with 5859 viewsartsbossbeard

Nah, him and Knudsen were the best players on the park.

If anyone thinks that Dozzell currently gets the nod, they really don't understand championship football.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 20:12]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 20:10 - Dec 22 with 5858 viewsPJH

I have been and am likely to remain critical of Nolan but I thought today was the second time this season that I would say he had a good game as opposed to average or poor(Rotherham away the other one).
Basically he does not seem to do much other than pass about four yards either square or backwards but I suppose by doing that we keep possession a bit longer.
If he establishes himself as a first choice I am not quite sure in what role it would be because he is no ball winner and rarely plays a penetrating pass and rarely ventures too far forward.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 20:12 - Dec 22 with 5828 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 19:30 - Dec 22 by Herbivore

On here, occasionally. On social media, often. Some of our fans defy belief.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 21:15 - Dec 22 with 5674 viewsRegencyBlue

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:50 - Dec 22 by TractorJack

I didn't notice any, let me know what minute they were in and I'll have a look when it's up on iFollow. His press was also a big factor in winning the ball in the build up to our goal.

Agree about the goal but generally Nolan strikes me as light weight and he pulls out of more tackles than he makes.

I really don’t rate him from what I’ve seen so far.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 21:21 - Dec 22 with 5644 viewsstantheman

Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 18:30 - Dec 22 by OsborneOneNil

It's typical of some 'fans'. Get a hard fought point and slate a player who they don't like. See Knudsen, Spence, Chambers,, Sears, Skuse.
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 22:25 - Dec 22 with 5491 viewsurbanblue

Blimey ... You're talking nonsense ... My opinion only!
Talking about poor players Nolan is a typical 1st Division player on 23:02 - Dec 22 with 5393 viewslinhdi

If you had been at the game you would have had a different opinion. He was superb.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024