Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? 09:34 - Jan 27 with 6413 viewsBluearmy71

Are you completely missing the point that he has only had two or three games with a team he's put together and the benefits of that are already showing!

There is no logic apart from a very f*cked up one where any supporter can judge his results when only being able to select from what the former manager left him player wise!

When your ship is sinking its best to take care of the unseen leaks that are letting in water and PL has done just that and now is the time to organise those who sail the ship now the water has been stopped from coming in, and he's doing that just fine from what I saw yesterday!
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:35 - Jan 27 with 4395 viewsBobbychase

Because the combination of modern football fans with social media means people feel the need to question every. single. little. thing.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:37 - Jan 27 with 4381 viewsBluearmy71

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:35 - Jan 27 by Bobbychase

Because the combination of modern football fans with social media means people feel the need to question every. single. little. thing.

True that!!
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 4381 viewsMullet

I agree, but you were even more belligerent and aggressive about Hurst so it sort of loses its sentiment for me.

The criticisms of Lambert are a classic case of fans reaching for simple answers and where else to look but the dug out? Evans' interview was clearly damage limitation, but he is the reason we are here, he is the reason we neither held on to Mick or got rid, but let the club slowly implode.

He is the reason Hurst had no checks and balances and no controls on the hatchet job. He is the man who needs to act and back Lambert to get us back up immediately. It's not an easy task, 1 in 4 come back up about 1 in 20 stay up over the last generation or so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:45 - Jan 27 with 4350 viewsBluearmy71

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:38 - Jan 27 by Mullet

I agree, but you were even more belligerent and aggressive about Hurst so it sort of loses its sentiment for me.

The criticisms of Lambert are a classic case of fans reaching for simple answers and where else to look but the dug out? Evans' interview was clearly damage limitation, but he is the reason we are here, he is the reason we neither held on to Mick or got rid, but let the club slowly implode.

He is the reason Hurst had no checks and balances and no controls on the hatchet job. He is the man who needs to act and back Lambert to get us back up immediately. It's not an easy task, 1 in 4 come back up about 1 in 20 stay up over the last generation or so.

Thats because most of us could see that Hurst was inept and quite frankly some of us could have done a better job that he!

I find it strange that you lose sentiment when its clear now we have a decent manager who deserves our backing and a proper chance!

The rest of what you say I concur but ever the optimist I am not conceding defeat just yet!
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:46 - Jan 27 with 4342 viewsMullet

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:45 - Jan 27 by Bluearmy71

Thats because most of us could see that Hurst was inept and quite frankly some of us could have done a better job that he!

I find it strange that you lose sentiment when its clear now we have a decent manager who deserves our backing and a proper chance!

The rest of what you say I concur but ever the optimist I am not conceding defeat just yet!

All the negative posters just do one ffs! by Bluearmy71 2 Sep 2018 18:58
You do understand that this season is going to be very much a transitional one, maybe next season too, learn some fuxin patience and stop picking on individual players already the newer ones especially!

I don't think anyone is happy with the position we are in atm but most have the brain cells to see the bigger picture, reassembling the squad the amount PH has been more than any of us expected and I am disappointed with some of the sales that have been done but there is no point in harpin on about it, we have the new players in let them all get to know their respective abilities and just give them time to gel, nothing in football is achieved in 5 mins in football, so quit with the bullsh1t moaning and get behind all the lads, this work in progress will come good in TIME!

P.S
Some of you are aware we didn't lose today right?? Derby matches are never pretty affairs playing wise so again stop using that as an excuse to moan!

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:49 - Jan 27 with 4330 viewsPecker

They probably haven't been to the games and seen the improvement in performances. They see that we lost and slag off the obvious.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:50 - Jan 27 with 4327 viewsBluearmy71

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:46 - Jan 27 by Mullet

All the negative posters just do one ffs! by Bluearmy71 2 Sep 2018 18:58
You do understand that this season is going to be very much a transitional one, maybe next season too, learn some fuxin patience and stop picking on individual players already the newer ones especially!

I don't think anyone is happy with the position we are in atm but most have the brain cells to see the bigger picture, reassembling the squad the amount PH has been more than any of us expected and I am disappointed with some of the sales that have been done but there is no point in harpin on about it, we have the new players in let them all get to know their respective abilities and just give them time to gel, nothing in football is achieved in 5 mins in football, so quit with the bullsh1t moaning and get behind all the lads, this work in progress will come good in TIME!

P.S
Some of you are aware we didn't lose today right?? Derby matches are never pretty affairs playing wise so again stop using that as an excuse to moan!

So you find a quote from me backing Hurst in the second month of the season........when we were all giving him the chance!! I don't really understand what you are trying to prove with this as when read in context of the time it was totally relevant!

Could you explain your reason for quoting me here??
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:54 - Jan 27 with 4310 viewsMullet

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:50 - Jan 27 by Bluearmy71

So you find a quote from me backing Hurst in the second month of the season........when we were all giving him the chance!! I don't really understand what you are trying to prove with this as when read in context of the time it was totally relevant!

Could you explain your reason for quoting me here??

Read my first reply, then the rest of the thread in order. It's fairly obvious.

That was the day he dropped Bart, that was at a time when some of us where seeing and hearing how badly he was treating players and managing the side. That was at a time where people like me where being told to "fcuk off" and called a "cuivt" but people who like you have in this thread then changed their tune.

So forgive me, but your tone is constantly like this and makes it sound a bit hollow to be frank.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:57 - Jan 27 with 4291 viewsBlueBadger

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:49 - Jan 27 by Pecker

They probably haven't been to the games and seen the improvement in performances. They see that we lost and slag off the obvious.

Whilst I appreciate that Lambert has been up against it with a tougher job to do than when Mick came in after Jewell, it's not really much of an improvement if we're still losing constantly, is it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:03 - Jan 27 with 4280 viewsBluearmy71

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:54 - Jan 27 by Mullet

That was the day he dropped Bart, that was at a time when some of us where seeing and hearing how badly he was treating players and managing the side. That was at a time where people like me where being told to "fcuk off" and called a "cuivt" but people who like you have in this thread then changed their tune.

So forgive me, but your tone is constantly like this and makes it sound a bit hollow to be frank.

I've bee supporting this club longer than you've been alive most probably so I couldn't care what your opinions are on my views about it, this shows nothing more than you trying to get your own back in some way, the only thing that is relevant is PL should not be questioned for 3 games with his own choice own players!
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 4265 viewsMullet

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:03 - Jan 27 by Bluearmy71

I've bee supporting this club longer than you've been alive most probably so I couldn't care what your opinions are on my views about it, this shows nothing more than you trying to get your own back in some way, the only thing that is relevant is PL should not be questioned for 3 games with his own choice own players!

So you were born earlier?

Get my "own back" or demonstrate that you've got form this sort of thing and so do a few on here, who are far worse on here?

You're doing a good job of not caring.

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:18 - Jan 27 with 4236 viewsChe

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:54 - Jan 27 by Mullet

His first TV interview was enough for me, Mick and now Lambert have charisma, Hurst was a boring man with no interests other then walking the dog and watching TV, he didn't inspire me and sure as hell didn't the players, he was a terrible appointment following an unpleasant campaign against a decent manager. Oh for a bit of mid table flirting with the top six mediocrity.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 4076 viewsPecker

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:57 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

Whilst I appreciate that Lambert has been up against it with a tougher job to do than when Mick came in after Jewell, it's not really much of an improvement if we're still losing constantly, is it?

We have to think long term here and the improvement in our play is obvious. Whether Mr Lambert still believes this season or is already thinking of next, he needs to get his style of football embedded in the squad, which he is doing. There are very, very few managers who could take this squad and make them regular winners. We are in an unfair fight at the moment and we have to give this manager the time to turn it around. No point swapping managers every 20 games or so. That will never work.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 4025 viewsfactual_blue

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:18 - Jan 27 by Che

His first TV interview was enough for me, Mick and now Lambert have charisma, Hurst was a boring man with no interests other then walking the dog and watching TV, he didn't inspire me and sure as hell didn't the players, he was a terrible appointment following an unpleasant campaign against a decent manager. Oh for a bit of mid table flirting with the top six mediocrity.

I'm not sure performance on TV interviews is a sensible measure.

Have a look for Sir Alf's interviews.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 3976 viewsPJH

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:19 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

TV interviewer on 28th April 1962 said something like "Mr Ramsey, your team are League Champions, how do you feel?"
Alf Ramsey "I feel fine".

Mind you The Beatles used that quote in producing a number one single.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:19]
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:29 - Jan 27 with 3948 viewswarkthisway

Expect you backed Keane, Jewell and Hurst - no doubt that was your big Hurst flag - wonder where that is now

bentnkuqi

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:31 - Jan 27 with 3938 viewsfactual_blue

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:16 - Jan 27 by PJH

TV interviewer on 28th April 1962 said something like "Mr Ramsey, your team are League Champions, how do you feel?"
Alf Ramsey "I feel fine".

Mind you The Beatles used that quote in producing a number one single.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:19]

When asked for a quote on 31 July 1966, he famously said 'Go away. It's my day off'.

Nothing comes close to 'Sit down, Harold, I can't see'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:59 - Jan 28 with 3775 viewsBlueBadger

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:19 - Jan 27 by factual_blue

Or Roy's pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:05 - Jan 28 with 3761 viewsITFC_Forever

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:49 - Jan 27 by Pecker

Yep. We've gone from crap to not very good.

Away games in particular are so depressingly predictable - do ok, make daft mistake and concede, don't look like equalising and then concede another one later on.

Villa was actually different in that we conceded so early, and we half got ourselves back in to it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:11 - Jan 28 with 3750 viewswkj

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:29 - Jan 27 by warkthisway

Expect you backed Keane, Jewell and Hurst - no doubt that was your big Hurst flag - wonder where that is now

Still being a WUM i see

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:13 - Jan 28 with 3741 viewsmuccletonjoe

The point , as far as football managers are concerned is results. Nothing else. The bottom line is just that.
So who has missed the point ( points) ?
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 11:02 - Jan 28 with 3689 viewsurbanblue

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:38 - Jan 27 by Mullet

Where did you get those stats from Mullet? 1 in 4 come back up and 1 in 20 stay up?? I had a look at the last 10 years in the thread below and as you can see your figures in this matter appear to be way out!!

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... by urbanblue 5 Dec 2018 10:35
Make of this what you will, but I checked out where all the clubs that have been relegated in the last ten years from 07/08 to 16/17 are now .... so out of the 27 clubs that have been relegated (3 have been relegated twice) ....

3 are in the Premier league
10 are in the Championship
11 are in League one
3 are in League Two

The interesting stat though, is of the teams that have come back, most have done it within two seasons. Of the 14 clubs who have come back up SEVEN have done it the next Season with five more managing it the season after. Only two took longer.

I'll leave you lot to unpack all that but it would seem to me that if (and I still think if ..) we go down that first season in League 1 could make or break the club!

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 11:31 - Jan 28 with 3636 viewsNo9

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:35 - Jan 27 by Bobbychase

Aided and abetted by the pundits
Why do some idiots not understand that no manager is beyond questioning..? on 12:29 - Jan 28 with 3590 viewsHarry_Palmer

Especially one that is bottom of the table and keeps losing every week.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 12:30 - Jan 28 with 3589 viewsBecclesITFC

People are stupid. Simple as that. I ask them who else are we going to get in our position. We are so lucky to have him in our position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024