Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? 13:30 - Feb 14 with 51336 viewsMaySixth

I knew Lyall was in Tattingstone and Sir Bobby lived at the top of Constitution Hill.
Roy Keane moved from Aldeburgh and then settled in Woodbridge.
Anyone else?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:20]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:01 - Feb 14 with 3720 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 13:37 - Feb 14 by PJH

George Burley lived in Bredfield at one time whilst still a player here.

edit-and Geoff Hammond went to Woodbridge County Primary school, although not too relevant to this thread.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 13:39]

I think you will find it was call New street county primary school, I went there too.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:02 - Feb 14 with 3719 viewstetchris

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 20:57 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair half a mill isn't a great deal of money for a decent house in Ipswich.

When Andy Marshall played for town he used to live in a house just after the viaduct in Chappel.

A completely unrelated fact but Matt Holland attends yoga classes in Earls Colne village hall!
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:03 - Feb 14 with 3712 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 15:55 - Feb 14 by SWGF

Chris Makin, and maybe Gary Croft, lived in the flats behind Churchmans.

Croft definitely did - he had a penthouse at the top

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:05 - Feb 14 with 3712 viewsITFCson

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 20:52 - Feb 14 by gazzer1999

Cole Skuse lives just round the corner from me, however his house is now up for sale, and on right move for over a half a million. Either thinking of moving on or making plans for Div1.

And he's not long been there after moving from a rented house in Nacton Village, which would suggest he could be off
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:06 - Feb 14 with 3705 viewsSitfcB

Magilton, Wilnis, Supple and others used to live up off Foxhall Road, Brookhill Way estate, some big houses up there!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:09 - Feb 14 with 3695 viewsEwan_Oozami

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 20:07 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Jim lived near the Golf, not sure about Herman but I think he did too.

We had a store near to there at the time and all the players came in, Herman was a very regular and used to spend loads. I reckon every player would visit us, Alun Armstrong and Fabian stood out as fantastic people - they all seemed to be having a ball down here.

Mrs Gardsoe was the sexiest young Filly I think I have ever seen.

The only negative was Amir Karic who after spending a measly £103 asked for ITFC discount, I pretended I didn't know who he was and he looked mortified. I let him off the three quid and he shrunk out.

Jim lived in Brookhill Way, next door to a guy I used to work with - used to get the occasional bit of ITFC gossip, but unless you were interested in interior furnishings or landscape gardening it wasn't worth repeating!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:09 - Feb 14 with 3692 viewsSitfcB

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 19:34 - Feb 14 by SpruceMoose

Hawthorn and Lakeside are separated by the park aren't they? You're right though, he was in the area, used to see him at the bottom shops from time to time.

The Beat used to live in Kittiwake Close, behind the top shops.

Then moved to a bungalow on Wren Avenue, where he lived until he sadly passed. Saw him regularly at Greenfinch shops and top shops, mainly buying his lottery, regret not getting a picture with him.

COYB

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:09 - Feb 14 with 3693 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:01 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

I think you will find it was call New street county primary school, I went there too.

I just googled it and found a BBC report of when it was turned into the Library and that calls it Woodbridge Primary School, New Street.
I went there too and remember it as Woodbridge County Primary.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:11 - Feb 14 with 3686 viewsSitfcB

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 13:42 - Feb 14 by Kieran_Knows

I think Alan Quinn used to live in the flats on the corner of the road up from Cineworld.

Priskin and Celina also had places in that block.

COYB

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:12 - Feb 14 with 3692 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:02 - Feb 14 by tetchris

When Andy Marshall played for town he used to live in a house just after the viaduct in Chappel.

A completely unrelated fact but Matt Holland attends yoga classes in Earls Colne village hall!

On another completely unrelated fact Mrs Stockwell is / was / is / was my wifes best friend and when she went through her compulsive disorder of buying new things for the house every week we ended up with her casts offs for a pittance.

I have her light chandelier things hanging in my living room as we type..

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:18 - Feb 14 with 3674 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:12 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

On another completely unrelated fact Mrs Stockwell is / was / is / was my wifes best friend and when she went through her compulsive disorder of buying new things for the house every week we ended up with her casts offs for a pittance.

I have her light chandelier things hanging in my living room as we type..

Also unrelated I once had a conversation with Geoff Hammond (then of Man City) in The Waggon & Horses Woodbridge mostly about Rodney Marsh.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:21 - Feb 14 with 3668 viewsitfcjoe

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 20:44 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

99.9% certain Gardsoe was just off Foxhall Rd near to the Golf.

He lived next door to my mate down the Spinney of Brook Hill Way. Marcus Bent lived there at one point too.

Tommy Smith has a nice place 3 or 4 doors up from my parents old place on Bucklesham Road. McGoldrick lived in the newer bit down there. Murphy had been in Wickhams place in Kirron and down the Albany. Both McG and Murph moved house in the week between the play off games v scum which isn’t ideal.

Bart lives in the new development opposite Black Tiles, Chambo in Rushmere but a lot live in fairly non descript places in Kesgrave/Grange Farm.

My Uncle rented a house to Dean Gerken in Ravenswood
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:23]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:24 - Feb 14 with 3653 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:21 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

He lived next door to my mate down the Spinney of Brook Hill Way. Marcus Bent lived there at one point too.

Tommy Smith has a nice place 3 or 4 doors up from my parents old place on Bucklesham Road. McGoldrick lived in the newer bit down there. Murphy had been in Wickhams place in Kirron and down the Albany. Both McG and Murph moved house in the week between the play off games v scum which isn’t ideal.

Bart lives in the new development opposite Black Tiles, Chambo in Rushmere but a lot live in fairly non descript places in Kesgrave/Grange Farm.

Bart must have moved then as he was opposite my mate on the docks.

If I was a wealthy young footballer I would next door to the Arcade Tavern.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:28 - Feb 14 with 3634 viewsitfcjoe

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:24 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Bart must have moved then as he was opposite my mate on the docks.

If I was a wealthy young footballer I would next door to the Arcade Tavern.

I’d prefer somewhere with a parking space!

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:40 - Feb 14 with 3611 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:09 - Feb 14 by PJH

I just googled it and found a BBC report of when it was turned into the Library and that calls it Woodbridge Primary School, New Street.
I went there too and remember it as Woodbridge County Primary.

I was there around 1968 and i am certain it was called new street county primary, i will ask my facebook friends who went there too.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 3605 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:40 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

I was there around 1968 and i am certain it was called new street county primary, i will ask my facebook friends who went there too.

After that school i went to Kingston Middle School
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 3605 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:40 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

I left in 1962 so maybe we are both right if the name changed although I doubt it, as I say I remember it as Woodbridge County Primary.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 3599 viewsThe_Major

I know a few of the Duncan era players were in the Westerfield Road area - I'm sure Ian Redford did, as well as mentioned above, Zondervan, although I think the moustachioed maestro then ended up in Tuddenham.

Normally it seems to be that if a newish development opens with some fairly big houses, a lot will gravitate there. I'm sure someone lived in Warren Heath (Murrils Rd etc) but I can't remember who.

Away from Town, Spurs double winning centre back Maurice "Monty" Norman lived in one of the villages to the west of the town I believe as someone I know used to see him shopping at Sproughton Road Solar quite often back in the day.

I'm still waiting for someone to say Jordan Spence lives in the flats over the Co-op on Ulster Avenue or something.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:47]
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 3587 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:43 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

After that school i went to Kingston Middle School

After Woodbridge County Primary I went to Woodbridge Schoool although I think I would have enjoyed Farlingaye a hell of a lot more.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 3580 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 14:06 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

I went on a stag night with Mick Mills son - but I can't remember his name - it wasn't Blue.

Damien was the name of his son. Or one of them if he had more than one. I knew him about 25 years back.

On topic, I'm sure Muhren and Thijssen had houses out at Rushmere St Andrew.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 3579 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:48 - Feb 14 by PJH

After Woodbridge County Primary I went to Woodbridge Schoool although I think I would have enjoyed Farlingaye a hell of a lot more.

we used to scrap with the grammer kids every break time when I was at Farlingaye.
And went to the Warrick chippie for lunch
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:50]
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:50 - Feb 14 with 3573 viewsKieran_Knows

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:21 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

Not sure where Murph lived during his first loan spell, but his kids went to Castle Hill Primary during that time, so presume he was over the Crofts way.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 3565 viewsLord_Lucan

Pickles!

You were at school in 1968 and you use Facebook??????????

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 3567 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:49 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

we used to scrap with the grammer kids every break time when I was at Farlingaye.
And went to the Warrick chippie for lunch
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:50]

Not with me you didn't 'cos I left Woodbridge School in 1968 when you were still at whatever that school was called in New Street.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 3568 viewsitfcjoe

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:46 - Feb 14 by The_Major

I know a few of the Duncan era players were in the Westerfield Road area - I'm sure Ian Redford did, as well as mentioned above, Zondervan, although I think the moustachioed maestro then ended up in Tuddenham.

Normally it seems to be that if a newish development opens with some fairly big houses, a lot will gravitate there. I'm sure someone lived in Warren Heath (Murrils Rd etc) but I can't remember who.

Away from Town, Spurs double winning centre back Maurice "Monty" Norman lived in one of the villages to the west of the town I believe as someone I know used to see him shopping at Sproughton Road Solar quite often back in the day.

I'm still waiting for someone to say Jordan Spence lives in the flats over the Co-op on Ulster Avenue or something.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:47]

Craig Forrest lived in Warren Heath, I used to see him when at my Aunties on Berry Close

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024