Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? 13:30 - Feb 14 with 51369 viewsMaySixth

I knew Lyall was in Tattingstone and Sir Bobby lived at the top of Constitution Hill.
Roy Keane moved from Aldeburgh and then settled in Woodbridge.
Anyone else?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:20]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:36 - Feb 14 with 5807 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:32 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

Im back in Woodbridge on Saturday i will ask Mum and Dad what they remember it was called, i think i can remember Dad saying he went to the blue school in woodbridge.

Mum and Dad?

How the feck old are they?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:41 - Feb 14 with 5793 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:22 - Feb 14 by PJH

I did meet the famous RKD at KJ'S/Hoppy's Children In Need quiz about 27 months ago.
I think meeting you would be something else.

Picture a taller more handsome lookalike with less sense.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:42 - Feb 14 with 5794 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:36 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Mum and Dad?

Mum is 80 next week and Dad is about 84 i think, they were both season ticket holders until a couple of years ago. i used to take them to all the games but when I moved to the Midlands (for a couple of years) to set a Rail terminal up we ended up missing too many games.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:45 - Feb 14 with 5787 viewsLord_Lucan

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:42 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

Mum is 80 next week and Dad is about 84 i think, they were both season ticket holders until a couple of years ago. i used to take them to all the games but when I moved to the Midlands (for a couple of years) to set a Rail terminal up we ended up missing too many games.

You were at school in 68 and your mum is only 80?

Kerroist

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:52 - Feb 14 with 5781 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:45 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

You were at school in 68 and your mum is only 80?

Kerroist

i was four when i went to new street county primary, had my first under age pint in the bell and steel yard. Used to get in the local flea pit under age.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 04:55 - Feb 15 with 5717 viewsSpruceMoose

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:42 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

I hope you didn't think about Ipswich, or talk about ipswich, when you didn't live in the town. Otherwise someone on here might get the arse ache with you associating with places you have a connection to but don't currently reside.

Not me obviously. That would be incredibly daft. But for example I've seen it said by some posters that overseas British folk shouldn't be talking about the politics back home, and this seems really similar.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 4:59]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 05:46 - Feb 15 with 5699 viewshoppy

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:52 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

i was four when i went to new street county primary, had my first under age pint in the bell and steel yard. Used to get in the local flea pit under age.

Four is VERY young to be having a pint though. Surprised nobody said anything about it.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:21 - Feb 15 with 5656 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 05:46 - Feb 15 by hoppy

Four is VERY young to be having a pint though. Surprised nobody said anything about it.

Lol. We started at a very early age in Woodbridge.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:22 - Feb 15 with 5654 viewspickles110564

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 04:55 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

I hope you didn't think about Ipswich, or talk about ipswich, when you didn't live in the town. Otherwise someone on here might get the arse ache with you associating with places you have a connection to but don't currently reside.

Not me obviously. That would be incredibly daft. But for example I've seen it said by some posters that overseas British folk shouldn't be talking about the politics back home, and this seems really similar.

Hi Sprucey, I am not that far away just a trip down the A14
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:46 - Feb 15 with 5641 viewsSteve_M

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:54 - Feb 14 by gainsboroughblue

Bontcho Guentchev lived in/off Sidegate Lane.

It was Wincanton Close. He was quite happy to have a kick about now and again with friends of mine who lived there apparently.

I delivered Jason Dozzell's paper a few times when he lived in the 90s development off The Albany and Zondervan lived in Constable Road about the same time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:59 - Feb 15 with 5627 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 04:55 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

*really good 6 page thread on TWTD*

Sprucemoose: “I need to make this thread more about me, let’s have a pop at Pickles over Brexit, for no apparent reason”
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 8:06]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:12 - Feb 15 with 5603 viewstextbackup

non Ipswich, well sort of Ipswich, but Ruel Fox lived about 5 doors away from where that Karen Hails was murdered, on Lavenham road.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:15 - Feb 15 with 5595 viewsBeckets

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:12 - Feb 15 by textbackup

non Ipswich, well sort of Ipswich, but Ruel Fox lived about 5 doors away from where that Karen Hails was murdered, on Lavenham road.

David Johnson mark 2 used to live in Coddenham close to where the village shop usd to be.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:17 - Feb 15 with 5594 viewsBlueBadger

I once rented one of Alan Curbishley's houses in Woodbridge..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:38 - Feb 15 with 5571 viewstextbackup

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:17 - Feb 15 by BlueBadger

I once rented one of Alan Curbishley's houses in Woodbridge..

***slow clap***

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:52 - Feb 15 with 5565 viewsEwan_Oozami

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:03 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Croft definitely did - he had a penthouse at the top

That might be the one that Wayne Brown currently owns and rents out through the property company run by his missus and her Mum?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:00 - Feb 15 with 5559 viewsitfcjoe

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 08:12 - Feb 15 by textbackup

I saw him at the bottom shops once, and we went back to either Jack or Darren's and found out his parents lived a few doors up from Darren on Sheldrake and we went round and got him to sign our pogs.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:09 - Feb 15 with 5532 viewsBluespeed225

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 20:27 - Feb 14 by sw20tractor

Osman, Gaardsøe, and Hamilton all lived in Copdock.

As a young player in 'digs', Osman was on the corner of, I think Cowper Street and Woodbridge Rd.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:13 - Feb 15 with 5522 viewsBluespeed225

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:09 - Feb 14 by SitfcB

The Beat used to live in Kittiwake Close, behind the top shops.

Then moved to a bungalow on Wren Avenue, where he lived until he sadly passed. Saw him regularly at Greenfinch shops and top shops, mainly buying his lottery, regret not getting a picture with him.

He did, was sin he chemist a lot picking up his wifes/his meds'. My sister in law is up that way, she had a brain injury in the 80's, so short term memory is not good, but she can remember all the 70's players of her teen years. Beat was so patient with her when they met at the shops.. What a guy..
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:16 - Feb 15 with 5515 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:32 - Feb 14 by pickles110564

Im back in Woodbridge on Saturday i will ask Mum and Dad what they remember it was called, i think i can remember Dad saying he went to the blue school in woodbridge.

I think the Blue School was/is St.Mary's on Burkitt Road.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 5513 viewsBluespeed225

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 21:46 - Feb 14 by The_Major

I know a few of the Duncan era players were in the Westerfield Road area - I'm sure Ian Redford did, as well as mentioned above, Zondervan, although I think the moustachioed maestro then ended up in Tuddenham.

Normally it seems to be that if a newish development opens with some fairly big houses, a lot will gravitate there. I'm sure someone lived in Warren Heath (Murrils Rd etc) but I can't remember who.

Away from Town, Spurs double winning centre back Maurice "Monty" Norman lived in one of the villages to the west of the town I believe as someone I know used to see him shopping at Sproughton Road Solar quite often back in the day.

I'm still waiting for someone to say Jordan Spence lives in the flats over the Co-op on Ulster Avenue or something.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 21:47]

Ah, Monty lives in Trimley/Walton now. My builder was talking about knowing him and he lives near the church in Trimley.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:19 - Feb 15 with 5511 viewsPJH

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 22:36 - Feb 14 by Lord_Lucan

Mum and Dad?

I have still got my Mum-she is 93.
My Dad went to the Portman Road in the sky almost 6 years ago.
Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:21 - Feb 15 with 5499 viewschicoazul

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:46 - Feb 15 by Steve_M

It was Wincanton Close. He was quite happy to have a kick about now and again with friends of mine who lived there apparently.

I delivered Jason Dozzell's paper a few times when he lived in the 90s development off The Albany and Zondervan lived in Constable Road about the same time.

Let me guess, a Sun and NotW man?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:22 - Feb 15 with 5497 viewschicoazul

Do shut up you dry lunch.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 09:38 - Feb 15 with 5469 viewshoppy

Is there an area of Ipswich/Suffolk ITFC players/staff tend to live? on 07:21 - Feb 15 by pickles110564

Lol. We started at a very early age in Woodbridge.

#hardcore

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024