Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? 07:47 - Jun 6 with 7774 viewsPippin1970

Bumped into Paul Mason in Southport few years ago. Running guest house there.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 07:56 - Jun 6 with 6218 viewsMattinLondon

John Elsworthy used to run a post office on Felixstowe Road and he always used to talk to me. I was only a very young kid at the time but I do remember him being very imposing at the time.

I was only 5 or 6 at the time but he was always very friendly.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 07:59 - Jun 6 with 6203 viewskozmik

I met Laurie Sivell in Amersham selling fish

Supporter since 1965

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:24 - Jun 6 with 6138 viewshampstead_blue

I met Alan Brazil in his role as Peroni ambassador and tester.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:28 - Jun 6 with 6131 viewslinhdi

Mick Stockwell recently fitted me a new kitchen. Superb job at a good price. And awesome to be able to talk football with him for a couple of weeks!
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:44 - Jun 6 with 6089 viewsfabian_illness

We’ve worked for quite a few ex players in their homes.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:57 - Jun 6 with 6061 viewsUB9Blue

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 07:59 - Jun 6 by kozmik

I met Laurie Sivell in Amersham selling fish

I also met Laurie selling fish but in Eastcote, must have been part of his weekly rounds of the area
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:19 - Jun 6 with 5983 viewsipswichtillidie

John Duncan was my PE teacher after leaving Ipswich. By all means it wasn’t a great success story for either but what a lovely man and a great teacher. In hindsight I wished I’d asked him more about his time at the club but in hindsight I’d have done a lot more things at 13/14!!

Gav

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:26 - Jun 6 with 5952 viewsmonty_radio

Went to a music evening at Ipswich School last year - Roger Osborne seemed to have the half-time drinks franchise and had a small team of people working for him.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:40 - Jun 6 with 5900 viewsElephantintheRoom

Got served a pint of heavy by Terry Butcher in his hotel in Bridge of Allan a good few years ago. And I met ALan Brasil in a pub in Cheshunt just about every time I went in it. His job at the time was unsuccessful Spurs player.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:41 - Jun 6 with 5895 viewssoupytwist

My father used to work at the police training college in Ashford, Kent where recruits from all over the south east and East Anglia (with the exception of the Met) did their initial training. John Peddelty was on one of the courses he taught, would have been about 83/84.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:47 - Jun 6 with 5862 viewsbrazil1982

I used to work with John Peddelty when he was in the Police (not the band).
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:48 - Jun 6 with 5860 viewsbrazil1982

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:28 - Jun 6 by linhdi

Mick Stockwell recently fitted me a new kitchen. Superb job at a good price. And awesome to be able to talk football with him for a couple of weeks!

So jealous.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 12:58 - Jun 6 with 5643 viewsActionMan

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 08:28 - Jun 6 by linhdi

There is a true Ipswich icon right there. A man who once scored a Premier League hat trick now fitting kitchens while people like Plug who in reality did f'all in the Prem made themselves multi-millionaires warming benches.

Modern football.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 13:19 - Jun 6 with 5586 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 13:43 - Jun 6 with 5505 views66notout

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:41 - Jun 6 by soupytwist

My father used to work at the police training college in Ashford, Kent where recruits from all over the south east and East Anglia (with the exception of the Met) did their initial training. John Peddelty was on one of the courses he taught, would have been about 83/84.

Couldn’t have been John Peddelty, he’s nowhere near as old as that.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 14:07 - Jun 6 with 5467 viewsreusersfreekicks

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 13:43 - Jun 6 by 66notout

Yes it could and yes he is
Last game for Plymouth in 78
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 14:57 - Jun 6 with 5395 views66notout

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 13:43 - Jun 6 by 66notout

Woosh, straight over the head.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 15:00 - Jun 6 with 5389 viewsGeoffSentence

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:26 - Jun 6 by monty_radio

Went to a music evening at Ipswich School last year - Roger Osborne seemed to have the half-time drinks franchise and had a small team of people working for him.

I have met Roger Osborne in his capacity as sports centre manager.

He banned one of our group from the sports centre.

Tsk tsk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 15:24 - Jun 6 with 5331 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 15:00 - Jun 6 by GeoffSentence

I have met Roger Osborne in his capacity as sports centre manager.

He banned one of our group from the sports centre.

Tsk tsk.

I think I might have been his paperboy shortly after he left us. At least I think it was him; it was definitely a Town player but my memory isn't the best. It was over in IP3 on, or near, Arundel Way.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 16:46 - Jun 6 with 5210 viewsBlue_Moses

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 15:24 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

I think I might have been his paperboy shortly after he left us. At least I think it was him; it was definitely a Town player but my memory isn't the best. It was over in IP3 on, or near, Arundel Way.

Probably was, he definitely lived up that way for a while.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 16:56 - Jun 6 with 5185 viewslinhdi

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 09:47 - Jun 6 by brazil1982

I used to work with John Peddelty when he was in the Police (not the band).

John Peddelty has been really supportive of ITFC's work with older fans / people living with dementia. Shout out to Allan Hunter in this regard too.

And Terry Butcher has done a lot of unsung work with regional Sporting Memories groups lately.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 17:00 - Jun 6 with 5170 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 16:46 - Jun 6 by Blue_Moses

Probably was, he definitely lived up that way for a while.

Cheers, likely then. I'm fairly sure it was him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 17:12 - Jun 6 with 5132 viewsOsborneOneNil

I recently helped Adam Tanner get into the Mortgage Advice profession. I see him a lot though, old school mates.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 18:07 - Jun 6 with 5059 viewsLiquidPaz

Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 14:07 - Jun 6 by reusersfreekicks

Yes it could and yes he is
Last game for Plymouth in 78

Peds is still working for the police, retired but still working.
Any one met any ex Ipswich football players in other jobs? on 18:40 - Jun 6 with 5002 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One of my relatives used to work in a factory Trevor Whymark used to drive a delivery van and another was in the hospital bed next to Sir Alf when he was senile.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024