Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan 08:48 - Aug 28 with 19342 viewsitfcjoe

Turned up for the team photo yesterday, told that they aren't in it.

Then subsequently told that they won't be taking part in the Cambridge friendly on Saturday and will be playing for the U23s tonight against Norwich instead.

Tough love? Or just an indication that they aren't going to be involved very much and we'll be going with same senior players again.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

thanks Phil.... on 11:59 - Aug 28 with 3251 viewsJDB23

thanks Phil.... on 11:55 - Aug 28 by unstableblue

That story needed some context from the EADT positioning...

I think in general Lamberts is a OK to good man manager (Hurst being terrible, Mick good)

To suggest he wouldn’t have had very clear messaging to the players on being left out of the photo call and it was last minute.com is scaremongering

Surely there is an element of sheer numbers of the squad as well..?

McGavin was surely not going to make it this season, and Ndaba did not progress last.

Great to hear they will travel tomorrow.

Would have liked El Mizouni in the team photo as I think he has a real chance, and Dobra pace key.

But how many senior, ‘proven’ midfielders do we have? And if he’s sticking to a plan, maybe less chance for the youngsters?

Let’s judge Lambert after we’ve got some games under our belts

"Let's judge Lambert after we have some games under our belt":

P:78 W:21 D:23 L:34 W%:26.9
We've got 78 games "under our belt"..... on 12:00 - Aug 28 with 3255 viewsBloots

I think in general Lamberts is a OK to good man manager (Hurst being terrible, Mick good)

To suggest he wouldn’t have had very clear messaging to the players on being left out of the photo call and it was last minute.com is scaremongering

McGavin was surely not going to make it this season, and Ndaba did not progress last.

Would have liked El Mizouni in the team photo as I think he has a real chance, and Dobra pace key.

But how many senior, ‘proven’ midfielders do we have? And if he’s sticking to a plan, maybe less chance for the youngsters?

....with a win rate of less than 27%.

His man management is awful.

His coaching non existent.

His tactical ability sub standard.

We can judge him perfectly well right now.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:08 - Aug 28 with 3222 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:34 - Aug 28 by Dubtractor

Yeah, Joe is a renowned bullsh1t merchant on here isn't he......

And yet he was wrong, wasn't he?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:21 - Aug 28 with 3187 viewsGlasgowBlue

I can’t help but feel this wouldn’t have happened in Burley’s time at the club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:24 - Aug 28 with 3186 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:05 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan to some extent you think fair enough. All of them were miles from the first team last year. That said, he should still have had a word and explained his decision and not let them turn up and then send them home.

Dobra and El Miz for me should both be knocking on the door of the first team squad this season as they also were last season. El Miz has looked bright in preseason and was doing well on loan at Cambridge pre-injury. He clearly has something about him. Dobra looks to have a lot of talent and offers something pretty much nobody else in our squad does with his willingness to run at players and his quick passing and movement. He's not ready to play every week but he should be a good option off the bench at least. To snub these two is total farcical.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 10:24]

Maybe Lambert wants them out on loan playing every single week, why would that be an issue?

Would rather that for a season than be playing bit part now and again, hasn't helped Andre one bit that role.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:25 - Aug 28 with 3190 viewsxrayspecs

Not sure about the photo, it may simply be that they did not need everyone for the photo.

With regard to the season ahead, we can only name 22 over 21s in the squad. Drinnan, Nbada and McGavin are all classified as over 21s (as are Wright, Cotter and Folami fwiw), so it is unlikely we can include them all in the first team squad.

Dobra and Mizouni are U21s so could well feature this season. Both have looked bright pre-season but there is a lot of competition for places.

If PL is only taking 17 to Cambridge, it is better for the other players to get some game time rather than none.

Some of the responses on here are ridiculous.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:30 - Aug 28 with 3164 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:25 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

Not sure about the photo, it may simply be that they did not need everyone for the photo.

With regard to the season ahead, we can only name 22 over 21s in the squad. Drinnan, Nbada and McGavin are all classified as over 21s (as are Wright, Cotter and Folami fwiw), so it is unlikely we can include them all in the first team squad.

Dobra and Mizouni are U21s so could well feature this season. Both have looked bright pre-season but there is a lot of competition for places.

If PL is only taking 17 to Cambridge, it is better for the other players to get some game time rather than none.

Indeed. It's like an open day at a bedwetters convention.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:33 - Aug 28 with 3154 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not surprised, but its ridiculous the outbreak off this. Phil has stated in his report as well that the individuals are set to travel tomorrow to Cambridge for the final game of the pre season.

Login to get fewer ads

thanks Phil.... on 12:38 - Aug 28 with 3137 viewsunstableblue

thanks Phil.... on 11:57 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

We've had 70+ games under Lambert to judge him on, mate. The judgement is not a positive one.

I’m not disputing that

And frankly I’d have got ridden of him because I just don’t think he’s got the technical acumen to make this team progressive and improving

BUT he’s got KVY back as a key player, he’s admitted mistake last year, he’s stated there will be a change in rotation and they’re trying to cement a system

May not work, but at least back it for now

Whilst this photo story sounds poor in some respects it is not the complete cl@sterf@ck some are making out

But yes - Lambert has so far failed and failed miserably, just hope he can perform a miracle!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

thanks Phil.... on 12:52 - Aug 28 with 3105 viewsSitfcB

‘Let’s judge Lambert after we’ve got some games under our belts‘

Hahaha ffs.

He got us relegated and led us to an 11th place finish in LEAGUE ONE.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:52 - Aug 28 with 3100 viewsHerbivore

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:24 - Aug 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Maybe Lambert wants them out on loan playing every single week, why would that be an issue?

Would rather that for a season than be playing bit part now and again, hasn't helped Andre one bit that role.

If Lambert wants to shift Dobra and El Miz out rather than use them then he really hasn't learnt much from last season. Relying on the old pros and not giving our better youngsters a chance led to us finishing 11th in the third division FFS.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:58 - Aug 28 with 3080 viewsPhilTWTD

Only Wright, Cotter and Drinan are over-21s from those you mentioned.
thanks Phil.... on 13:08 - Aug 28 with 3043 viewsChrisd

thanks Phil.... on 12:38 - Aug 28 by unstableblue

I’m not disputing that

And frankly I’d have got ridden of him because I just don’t think he’s got the technical acumen to make this team progressive and improving

BUT he’s got KVY back as a key player, he’s admitted mistake last year, he’s stated there will be a change in rotation and they’re trying to cement a system

May not work, but at least back it for now

Whilst this photo story sounds poor in some respects it is not the complete cl@sterf@ck some are making out

But yes - Lambert has so far failed and failed miserably, just hope he can perform a miracle!!

Yes, lots of hysterics with some putting 2 and 2 together to make 5. We don't know the facts, just surmising. Nevertheless, it's another opportunity to dig out PL even if we don't know the whole story. Lets see what develops.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 13:10]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:11 - Aug 28 with 3030 viewsxrayspecs

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:58 - Aug 28 by PhilTWTD

Only Wright, Cotter and Drinan are over-21s from those you mentioned.

Have I got my maths wrong Phil?

Nbada date of birth is 25 Dec 99, so he will already be 21 at the point that the ages are calculated (31 December)
Folami is a few days older than Nbada, also born December 99
McGavin is already 21 (born June 99)
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:15 - Aug 28 with 3021 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:11 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

Nbada date of birth is 25 Dec 99, so he will already be 21 at the point that the ages are calculated (31 December)

They need to be over 21, i.e. 22, at that date

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:17 - Aug 28 with 3005 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:11 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

Cut-off date is New Year's Day this year.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:21 - Aug 28 with 2989 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:52 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

If Lambert wants to shift Dobra and El Miz out rather than use them then he really hasn't learnt much from last season. Relying on the old pros and not giving our better youngsters a chance led to us finishing 11th in the third division FFS.

We still have Bishop/Lankester/Dozzell/Downes/Woolfenden who will likely feature a lot more this year.

Idris did very well at a short spell out at Cambridge last year.

I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing the pair going back out on loan for a season and playing every week.

That simply wouldn’t happen here this year.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:27 - Aug 28 with 2968 viewsxrayspecs

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:15 - Aug 28 by itfcjoe

They need to be over 21, i.e. 22, at that date

Ok, so the reference to U21s not being part of the cap is a little misleading then...
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:28 - Aug 28 with 2962 viewsxrayspecs

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:17 - Aug 28 by PhilTWTD

Cut-off date is New Year's Day this year.

Jan 2020? I thought is was mid this coming season, so 31 Dec 2020/1 Jan 2021?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 13:29]
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:29 - Aug 28 with 2955 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:28 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

Jan 2020? I thought is was mid this coming season, so 31 Dec 2020/1 Jan 2021?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 13:29]

No, 21 and under on January 1st 2020 means you're not included in the cap.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:31 - Aug 28 with 2945 viewsHerbivore

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:27 - Aug 28 by xrayspecs

Ok, so the reference to U21s not being part of the cap is a little misleading then...

21 year olds have always been included as under 21s.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:38 - Aug 28 with 2919 viewsHerbivore

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:21 - Aug 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

We still have Bishop/Lankester/Dozzell/Downes/Woolfenden who will likely feature a lot more this year.

Idris did very well at a short spell out at Cambridge last year.

I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing the pair going back out on loan for a season and playing every week.

That simply wouldn’t happen here this year.

Downes and Woolfenden played almost every game last year. They are the only ones we've used consistently. Bishop is 24 now so not really a youngster. There's no evidence Dozzell and Lankester will feature regularly at this point.

Loans are very hit and miss. For every beneficial one you'll find one that isn't helpful. Dobra and El Miz were around the first team picture last season and they are now a year older and more mature. We're playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday pretty much every week this season. We should be looking to make use of them here.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 2914 viewsAce_High1

We need to clear out the squad filler, not the kids.

I would fully support such action if it was:

Nsiala
Wilson
Kenlock
Donacien
Nolan
Edwards
Norwood
Judge

and then take their places with the kids.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 14:08]
thanks Phil.... on 15:39 - Aug 28 with 2851 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Yes too many 'proven' senior wasters who had relegated us without a fight and finished 11th in this league, agree with that. But how on earth can you say : 'lets judge Lambert after a few games'. Hasn't he had enough time? It's been nearly 2 years.

He'll keep waffling about Leeds and Sheffield Utd long spells in this league as an excuse for his own ineptitude.
thanks Phil.... on 15:48 - Aug 28 with 2824 viewsITFC_96

thanks Phil.... on 15:39 - Aug 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes too many 'proven' senior wasters who had relegated us without a fight and finished 11th in this league, agree with that. But how on earth can you say : 'lets judge Lambert after a few games'. Hasn't he had enough time? It's been nearly 2 years.

He'll keep waffling about Leeds and Sheffield Utd long spells in this league as an excuse for his own ineptitude.

"No God given right to get promoted from this league" etc etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024