Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan 08:48 - Aug 28 with 19343 viewsitfcjoe

Turned up for the team photo yesterday, told that they aren't in it.

Then subsequently told that they won't be taking part in the Cambridge friendly on Saturday and will be playing for the U23s tonight against Norwich instead.

Tough love? Or just an indication that they aren't going to be involved very much and we'll be going with same senior players again.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 2417 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 19:07 - Aug 28 by ITFCBlues

Lankester, Hawkins & a fully fit Bishop may have something to say about that

You can add a fully fit Norwood, KVY, Huws and Sears to that list. It’s a big if I know, but I honestly believe that some luck on the injury front would have a massive impact on our season.

Poll: Our final position

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 03:19 - Aug 29 with 2317 viewsharlingblue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:34 - Aug 28 by NWSixto

Compare and contrast with Paul Warne's management style:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/paul-warne-leading-with-emotional-intellige

"...The message is, ‘We will treat you with the utmost respect as a staff and expect you to treat us the same way’. That’s the way I always wanted it as a player."

Seems to be working pretty well at Rotherham...

This is from Lambert is just sh!t isn't it? Hack motivation tactics from the 1980s.

Paul Warne, Rotherham Manager, (still in The Championship), ex Diss Town player prior to exploits in the football league with Wigan, Rotherham etc. He has the art of treating players the right way.
Paul Lambert, despite having a far more illustrious career as a player, has not learnt the art of getting the best out of young players, or selecting a formation good for Ipswich Town.
As a Football team Manager, Paul Lambert has not got the drawing power of players that Mick McCarthy had, or the nonce of Paul Warne.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:26 - Aug 29 with 2268 viewsDubtractor

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 03:19 - Aug 29 by harlingblue

Paul Warne, Rotherham Manager, (still in The Championship), ex Diss Town player prior to exploits in the football league with Wigan, Rotherham etc. He has the art of treating players the right way.
Paul Lambert, despite having a far more illustrious career as a player, has not learnt the art of getting the best out of young players, or selecting a formation good for Ipswich Town.
As a Football team Manager, Paul Lambert has not got the drawing power of players that Mick McCarthy had, or the nonce of Paul Warne.

I think that might be the most unfortunately brilliant misspelling of nous that I've ever seen.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:32 - Aug 29 with 2252 viewsGlasgowBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:26 - Aug 29 by Dubtractor

I think that might be the most unfortunately brilliant misspelling of nous that I've ever seen.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:05 - Aug 29 with 2189 viewsChrisd

Yes, a little unfortunate!! 🤣

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 23:57 - Aug 29 with 2087 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Well this turned out to be wide of the mark.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 06:45 - Aug 30 with 2019 viewstextbackup

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 23:57 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Well this turned out to be wide of the mark.

Only if u believe the arm waving tw@t. My money is on him sticking up for his mate and trying to make it seem all the papers fault.

Unsure where you live, but Ipswich is a small place, and people talk. Too many stories about discontent coming out for there to be no smoke without fire

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:18 - Aug 30 with 2004 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 06:45 - Aug 30 by textbackup

Only if u believe the arm waving tw@t. My money is on him sticking up for his mate and trying to make it seem all the papers fault.

Unsure where you live, but Ipswich is a small place, and people talk. Too many stories about discontent coming out for there to be no smoke without fire

Phil confirmed long before this that the story was incorrect, and has heard this from both official and unofficial sources. I think you need to let this one go now.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:23 - Aug 30 with 1998 viewsblueconscience

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 12:30 - Aug 28 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed. It's like an open day at a bedwetters convention.

Maybe. But you just know all the “bedwetters” concerns will become reality as long as Evans owns this club.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:29 - Aug 30 with 1989 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:23 - Aug 30 by blueconscience

Maybe. But you just know all the “bedwetters” concerns will become reality as long as Evans owns this club.

No, that doesn't follow. We already know many of the bedwetters concerns are made up nonsense.

Ultimately Lambert will probably get sacked, but that doesn't make the bedwetters right. Pretty much every manager gets sacked eventually.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:16 - Aug 30 with 1944 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:18 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

Phil confirmed long before this that the story was incorrect, and has heard this from both official and unofficial sources. I think you need to let this one go now.

BlueAllOver, why are you downarrowing everything I post? If it's opinion stuff, fair enough, fill your boots. But I've literally posted facts here and you're still downarrowing!

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:30 - Aug 30 with 1925 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:29 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

No, that doesn't follow. We already know many of the bedwetters concerns are made up nonsense.

Ultimately Lambert will probably get sacked, but that doesn't make the bedwetters right. Pretty much every manager gets sacked eventually.

You do realise that exactly how the players were told being wrong in the EADT report doesn’t make the crux of the story incorrect - eg. that they were left out in order to send a message and that it appears the same senior players will once again be relied upon when the season starts?

Also I’m pretty sure the main concern of the ‘bedwetters’ is us winning very few games under Lambert, which is evidently not made up nonsense as evidenced by us winning very few of his 70+ games in charge

In fact after we failed to beat AFC Wimbledon in February you yourself posted a massive ‘apology’ to those that had been critical of him. Since then we have won 2 whole games (1 of which was a pre season friendly against a League Two side), so I’m really confused as to what you have seen since to change that again?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 8:46]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:42 - Aug 30 with 1909 viewsDubtractor

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:30 - Aug 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You do realise that exactly how the players were told being wrong in the EADT report doesn’t make the crux of the story incorrect - eg. that they were left out in order to send a message and that it appears the same senior players will once again be relied upon when the season starts?

Also I’m pretty sure the main concern of the ‘bedwetters’ is us winning very few games under Lambert, which is evidently not made up nonsense as evidenced by us winning very few of his 70+ games in charge

In fact after we failed to beat AFC Wimbledon in February you yourself posted a massive ‘apology’ to those that had been critical of him. Since then we have won 2 whole games (1 of which was a pre season friendly against a League Two side), so I’m really confused as to what you have seen since to change that again?

"eg. that they were left out in order to send a message and that it appears the same senior players will once again be relied upon when the season starts?"

And on that note, almost the only positivity on here this Summer has been the thought that the likes of Dobra, El Mizouni etc would be given more of a role this season, adding much needed spark and creativity to our moribund attacking play.

Take that away and as you state, it is just more of the same.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:50 - Aug 30 with 1892 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:42 - Aug 30 by Dubtractor

"eg. that they were left out in order to send a message and that it appears the same senior players will once again be relied upon when the season starts?"

And on that note, almost the only positivity on here this Summer has been the thought that the likes of Dobra, El Mizouni etc would be given more of a role this season, adding much needed spark and creativity to our moribund attacking play.

Take that away and as you state, it is just more of the same.

Well quite

I don’t think I can recall ever feeling this pessimistic going into a season, even in the Keane & Jewell days there was enough activity to convince myself we may turn the corner. This time around we all know it’s going to be more of the same, that Lambert will be gone before the season is out but too late to change things and that ultimately it’ll be another wasted season at a time when we can really ill afford to fail

Thoroughly depressing

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:58 - Aug 30 with 1862 viewsFunge

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:30 - Aug 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And, of course, the wider sense of ennui and stagnation that permeates the wider club- which is to say -

- An inept owner, who, other than appointing MM, has managed to get every other major decision in respect of the running of the club wrong over the last 11 years (Chico's banter-era thread refers, in particularly bleak fashion)

- A woeful husk of a manager, unable to motivate, inspire or lead, with suspicions abounding that he is thoroughly disliked by his staff, with whom we are now, ostensibly at least, stuck with for the next 4 years.

- A disinterested rabble of players, apparently too good and important to actually produce last year, thus leading us to our worst finish in 60 years, despite being better paid, serviced and treated than 95% of their divisional rivals.

We've managed to find ways of getting worse and worse these past 3 years, and I fully expect this season to continue this gloomy trend.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend!
Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:03 - Aug 30 with 1849 viewstextbackup

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 07:18 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

ill let it go, then ill turn a blind eye to how sht the manager is. then ill accept us a mid table L1 team.
that work?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:03 - Aug 30 with 1842 viewsNthQldITFC

That's the trouble with using autocorrect, there's very little to pervert you from making an unfortunate piss-take.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:06 - Aug 30 with 1826 viewstextbackup

coooooor he wont like that, cant wait to see the reply

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:17 - Aug 30 with 1803 viewsChrisd

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:50 - Aug 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite

I don’t think I can recall ever feeling this pessimistic going into a season, even in the Keane & Jewell days there was enough activity to convince myself we may turn the corner. This time around we all know it’s going to be more of the same, that Lambert will be gone before the season is out but too late to change things and that ultimately it’ll be another wasted season at a time when we can really ill afford to fail

Thoroughly depressing

If it's more of the same, then that will force a managerial change. So not thoroughly depressing.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:51 - Aug 30 with 1767 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:17 - Aug 30 by Chrisd

If it's more of the same, then that will force a managerial change. So not thoroughly depressing.

That change will likely be too late for this season though, and if we don’t go up we will then be hamstrung by the salary cap which will both wipe out our natural advantage at this level and cripple us if/when we do finally go up. And that it is going to pan out that way is obvious to anyone with eyes

So yes, it is thoroughly depressing*

*in the football sense, I’m not sad enough to let football actually bother me that much which is probably why I’m not so desperate to make out like everything is brilliant

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:14 - Aug 30 with 1738 viewsChrisd

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:51 - Aug 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That change will likely be too late for this season though, and if we don’t go up we will then be hamstrung by the salary cap which will both wipe out our natural advantage at this level and cripple us if/when we do finally go up. And that it is going to pan out that way is obvious to anyone with eyes

So yes, it is thoroughly depressing*

*in the football sense, I’m not sad enough to let football actually bother me that much which is probably why I’m not so desperate to make out like everything is brilliant

I’m not convinced he’s going to get too long, he’s not got much in the bank based on the last 18 months. If it is the first 10 league games, then that still gives plenty of time for the ‘right’ manager to turn things around. That’s my concern, getting the right man in, ME’s track record with his appointments has been appalling.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 10:56]

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:45 - Aug 30 with 1709 viewsBrixtonBlue

So many assumptions and mistruths here.

Firstly, yes I do know what the crux of the story is - as I've posted several times. Whether keeping the youngsters hungry is a good idea or not is not my point - the sensationalist bit about them turning up and then being told is what bothered me, because it simply wasn't true (and is what made this such a big story). Otherwise it's just a 'young players not in official photo' story which happens up and down the country at every club and most people don't bat an eyelid.

It also has nothing to do with my views on Lambert, which haven't changed.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:54 - Aug 30 with 1699 viewsBrixtonBlue

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 09:03 - Aug 30 by textbackup

ill let it go, then ill turn a blind eye to how sht the manager is. then ill accept us a mid table L1 team.
that work?

No, no, just let the fake news go.

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:56 - Aug 30 with 1697 viewsDyland

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 10:45 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

So many assumptions and mistruths here.

Firstly, yes I do know what the crux of the story is - as I've posted several times. Whether keeping the youngsters hungry is a good idea or not is not my point - the sensationalist bit about them turning up and then being told is what bothered me, because it simply wasn't true (and is what made this such a big story). Otherwise it's just a 'young players not in official photo' story which happens up and down the country at every club and most people don't bat an eyelid.

It also has nothing to do with my views on Lambert, which haven't changed.

What are your views on Lambert dear Jerseys? Genuine question, I don't know, except that you have generally been supportive for a lot longer than me :)

I'm pretty patient re football cos I understand I'm not an expert. I give the benefit of the doubt simply because I know I should doubt my assessment of the situation. I didn't scoff at the comments in relegation (from Champ) season about playing some "better" football. I thought we did. And the cataclysmic disaster of Hurst kind of gave Lambert a free hit in my eyes. Helped by his good PR. I certainly didn't slag him off for his good PR, it was a good thing.

I can't deny what I see though. Since our good run at the beginning of last season (and we only played "well" on occasion imo) it seems obvious. I get there's been some bad luck, e.g. KVY, but that doesn't hide the blatant incompetence of tea, selections and tactics, and the defensive drivel that crept into Lambert's pressers. He sounded delusional.

Occam's razor = he is, or has become if you prefer, a totally incompetent manager.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

WOOHOO! on 10:58 - Aug 30 with 1686 viewsDyland

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, McGavin and Drinan on 08:58 - Aug 30 by Funge

And, of course, the wider sense of ennui and stagnation that permeates the wider club- which is to say -

- An inept owner, who, other than appointing MM, has managed to get every other major decision in respect of the running of the club wrong over the last 11 years (Chico's banter-era thread refers, in particularly bleak fashion)

- A woeful husk of a manager, unable to motivate, inspire or lead, with suspicions abounding that he is thoroughly disliked by his staff, with whom we are now, ostensibly at least, stuck with for the next 4 years.

- A disinterested rabble of players, apparently too good and important to actually produce last year, thus leading us to our worst finish in 60 years, despite being better paid, serviced and treated than 95% of their divisional rivals.

We've managed to find ways of getting worse and worse these past 3 years, and I fully expect this season to continue this gloomy trend.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend!

Arf :)

Word up btw.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024