Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going 19:29 - Feb 6 with 2466 viewsunstableblue

... ahead

Real feel temp at Tuesday kick-off of -8c in Peterborough

So perhaps a chance for wins against lowly shrews and Northampton ahead of being found out again by in form Oxford

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 2391 viewsJ2BLUE

It probably won't be -8 when you take the wind out by being inside a stadium. Can't see why it wouldn't go ahead if the pitch is ok and the roads are ok.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 19:43 - Feb 6 with 2358 viewsMaySixth

Oxford also struggle against the better teams - draw banker

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 19:44 - Feb 6 with 2359 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'll be ok. A bit chilly hovering around just below zero, but if they've got covers the pitch should hold up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:07 - Feb 6 with 2248 viewsPhilTWTD

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 19:40 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

It probably won't be -8 when you take the wind out by being inside a stadium. Can't see why it wouldn't go ahead if the pitch is ok and the roads are ok.

Heard talk at the ground that it is in some danger.
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:20 - Feb 6 with 2184 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:07 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

Heard talk at the ground that it is in some danger.

Not sure it will make a lot of difference to whether it goes ahead but their pitch looked shocking today. Hardly a blade of grass on it and US football markings or something - I guess they must have played on it this week. It will be like playing on a ploughed field if it does go ahead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:25 - Feb 6 with 2151 viewsPhilTWTD

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:20 - Feb 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure it will make a lot of difference to whether it goes ahead but their pitch looked shocking today. Hardly a blade of grass on it and US football markings or something - I guess they must have played on it this week. It will be like playing on a ploughed field if it does go ahead.

The weather app I just looked at says it's going to be below freezing all day on Tuesday, pitch will probably freeze as soon as they take the covers off, a bit like the Boro game down here a few years back.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:51 - Feb 6 with 2041 viewsmr_bean

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:25 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

The weather app I just looked at says it's going to be below freezing all day on Tuesday, pitch will probably freeze as soon as they take the covers off, a bit like the Boro game down here a few years back.

Wasn't the temperature something like -13°C on the day of that Boro game, though? I seem to remember that it was exceptionally cold.
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 21:18 - Feb 6 with 1935 viewsGeorge25

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:25 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

Especially given the state of Peterborough pitch, their is more mud covering than grass covering.
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 21:30 - Feb 6 with 1896 viewsjeera

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:51 - Feb 6 by mr_bean

Wasn't the temperature something like -13°C on the day of that Boro game, though? I seem to remember that it was exceptionally cold.

I'd put on umpteen layers of clothes and I was too hot at times.

Then the wind swung round here and there and was full on at me from the front and I was freezing.

Then too hot again, then freezing again...

I was actually happy when it was called-off and I could go home!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 22:21 - Feb 6 with 1782 viewshatch

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 21:18 - Feb 6 by George25

Especially given the state of Peterborough pitch, their is more mud covering than grass covering.

Yes saw their highlights today and it’s arguably the worst in the league at the moment - a mud bath.
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:33 - Feb 6 with 1645 viewsPSGBlue

The main problem for Tuesday night will be the snow which is forecast for Monday and Tuesday at Peterborough. As some have already said temperatures barely above zero. We will be lucky to get this on and also next weekend with a frozen pitch.

What a difference from last year at London Road. Sunny, warm and 4000 away fans pre Covid and still unbeaten if I remember rightly. Where’s it all gone wrong?
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:52 - Feb 6 with 1610 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:33 - Feb 6 by PSGBlue

The main problem for Tuesday night will be the snow which is forecast for Monday and Tuesday at Peterborough. As some have already said temperatures barely above zero. We will be lucky to get this on and also next weekend with a frozen pitch.

What a difference from last year at London Road. Sunny, warm and 4000 away fans pre Covid and still unbeaten if I remember rightly. Where’s it all gone wrong?

Doesn't covering the pitch mean snow is only a problem if so much settles there is not room to clear it off the covers? Presumably they can clear it off into the stands as they will not be being used. Therefore the issue will be either: so much snow they physically cannot move it off the covers or the temperature so low that when the covers are removed the pitch still freezes or if the team cannot get to the ground.

Judging by the state of their pitch I don't think it would do any harm for it to be postponed. We then don't have a gap in our fixtures until 23 March by which time their pitch may have dried out a little.

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:58 - Feb 6 with 1604 viewschrismakin

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/peterborough-united/

No hope this game with go ahead, as soon as it's frozen jesus it's gonna be dangerous

BTW, do they allow American Football on that pitch? or Rugby
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 0:07]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 00:14 - Feb 7 with 1576 viewsbilllm

Can see us drawing at shrewsbury, and I do think we will win against northampton and oxford, need not to lose to posh
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 01:08 - Feb 7 with 1536 viewsStenvict

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:33 - Feb 6 by PSGBlue

Well it was only the 2nd game of the season, but yes, we were unbeaten at the time.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 08:37 - Feb 7 with 1358 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 08:55 - Feb 7 with 1309 viewsBent_double

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 08:37 - Feb 7 by BryanPlug

You don't think they're worried about little old Ipswich do you? They've probably got the best home record in the league, and we haven't beaten them for about 10 years, so I doubt they'll push for a postponement.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 09:00 - Feb 7 with 1297 viewsBryanPlug

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 08:55 - Feb 7 by Bent_double

You don't think they're worried about little old Ipswich do you? They've probably got the best home record in the league, and we haven't beaten them for about 10 years, so I doubt they'll push for a postponement.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 09:34 - Feb 7 with 1241 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 08:37 - Feb 7 by BryanPlug

Posh's home form this season is W9 D2 L1.

I'm sure we are desperate to cancel the game considering your mini renaissance of one win in 4.
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 09:51 - Feb 7 with 1190 viewsPhilTWTD

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 20:51 - Feb 6 by mr_bean

That sounds familiar but I reckon that was probably overnight rather than at the game.
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 10:15 - Feb 7 with 1120 viewsEdwardStone

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:58 - Feb 6 by chrismakin

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/peterborough-united/

No hope this game with go ahead, as soon as it's frozen jesus it's gonna be dangerous

Ploughing Competitions

Deff info
Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 14:13 - Feb 7 with 972 viewsRadlett_blue

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 19:40 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

As there won't be any fans, I can't see roads around the ground being relevant.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Our mini renaissance". Lol.

I suppose everyone is as good as their last game.

Is that renaissance the 1 win in 4 (4 points from 4 games) or the 2 wins in 6 (7 points from 6 games) or the unbeaten in 4 away games (after losing 4 on the trot including against Crawley)?

Whatever way you dress it up our "mini renaissance" consists of 45 minutes of football against a side in the bottom half of League 1 and missing their best player. It is nothing like what you seem to imagine it is.

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 14:24 - Feb 7 with 937 viewsJ2BLUE

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 14:13 - Feb 7 by Radlett_blue

As there won't be any fans, I can't see roads around the ground being relevant.

I meant for the squad traveling.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 14:34 - Feb 7 with 910 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Peterborough invested in pitch frost covers... but still can’t see match going on 23:58 - Feb 6 by chrismakin

It was interesting to look up to find out. They do not appear to have had any other sport on it. What looked like markings are probably where the players warmed up and wore patches in the mud in the shape of figure zeroes.

If we do have to play on that pitch we should play very direct but I bet we wouldn't. There would be no point in trying to pass the ball around on that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024