Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn 07:53 - Feb 13 with 1893 viewsTractorJack

Not saying he's on the verge of the sack but risk of things going a bit stale a la MM here.

Something to keep an eye on perhaps...
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:12 - Feb 13 with 1825 viewsChrisd

6 points and two places outside the Championship play offs and under pressure? Mowbray is a solid pair of hands, he’s done a very decent job in most of his managerial roles and he would be a very decent option for us. However, I doubt very much whether his position at Blackburn is under any real threat. He’s done a very good job at Ewood Park with little money and plenty of shrewd signings.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:21 - Feb 13 with 1786 viewsTractorJack

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:12 - Feb 13 by Chrisd

6 points and two places outside the Championship play offs and under pressure? Mowbray is a solid pair of hands, he’s done a very decent job in most of his managerial roles and he would be a very decent option for us. However, I doubt very much whether his position at Blackburn is under any real threat. He’s done a very good job at Ewood Park with little money and plenty of shrewd signings.

No denying he's done a good job but fans aren't too happy.
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:22 - Feb 13 with 1783 viewsChurchman

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:12 - Feb 13 by Chrisd

He’d never work for a dork like Evans and he is a far better manager with far better credentials than managing Division One Ipswich, sadly. There’s nothing in it for him.

I wish our saviour had gone all out to bring him in a few managers ago when we might have had a chance. He was a perfect fit then. Oh well.
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:30 - Feb 13 with 1758 viewsChrisd

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:21 - Feb 13 by TractorJack

No denying he's done a good job but fans aren't too happy.

Dare I say it, ‘be careful what you wish for,’ to Blackburn fans.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:09 - Feb 13 with 1664 viewsGarv

Someone in my family met him last summer and asked him about the job and he basically said his remit was managing expectations of fans (having no money to spend) as much as anything else.

You'd love to see him back here wouldn't you? Just can't see it happening anytime soon.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 1628 viewsCoastalblue

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:22 - Feb 13 by Churchman

He’d never work for a dork like Evans and he is a far better manager with far better credentials than managing Division One Ipswich, sadly. There’s nothing in it for him.

I wish our saviour had gone all out to bring him in a few managers ago when we might have had a chance. He was a perfect fit then. Oh well.

He's never shown the slightest inclination to want to come here though has he? Maybe an Evans thing, maybe just doesn't fancy being Town Manager?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:39 - Feb 13 with 1557 viewsChurchman

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:13 - Feb 13 by Coastalblue

He's never shown the slightest inclination to want to come here though has he? Maybe an Evans thing, maybe just doesn't fancy being Town Manager?

He’s been at M’boro, Blackburn and West Brom and there was a time when the Ipswich job was more attractive than any of those. He was married in his time here to somebody local so has a feel for the area.

I think under different circumstances he’d have come here and probably have done well.
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:52 - Feb 13 with 1507 viewsMonkeyAlan

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:39 - Feb 13 by Churchman

He’s been at M’boro, Blackburn and West Brom and there was a time when the Ipswich job was more attractive than any of those. He was married in his time here to somebody local so has a feel for the area.

I think under different circumstances he’d have come here and probably have done well.

It could be an Evans thing. He must be getting a name in the game now. Who wants to manage under his ownership? He can't have the best reputation in the game. Yes he leaves his managers alone, but they literally get no help at all from top to bottom.
Login to get fewer ads

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 11:19 - Feb 13 with 1373 viewsdavblue

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 09:09 - Feb 13 by Garv

Someone in my family met him last summer and asked him about the job and he basically said his remit was managing expectations of fans (having no money to spend) as much as anything else.

You'd love to see him back here wouldn't you? Just can't see it happening anytime soon.

After his boro spell on here I said I wouldn’t take him. I was wrong, it feels like that’s the sort or appointment we could do with right now.

But as always unless things change in the structure I think he’s on a hiding to nothing unless he can do an absolutely outstanding job and cover over cracks.
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 12:37 - Feb 13 with 1264 viewsCrayonKing

Watch his comments at 42:30. I reckon he could be tempted!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 12:51]
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 13:27 - Feb 13 with 1183 viewsstrikalite

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 08:22 - Feb 13 by Churchman

The only thing is if he was to get sacked at Rovers I'm not sure where else he could go, no chance of a Prem Job, and going through the list of Championship Clubs I'm struggling to see a fit....he has a connection here obviously, with the players we have he might think we are way off where we should be, he'll get time, that is a big draw no doubt, and he'll get to be left alone to manage things with a good fanbase behind him...it's not a total no go for me, timing no doubt wouldn't work out, and Blackburn would be mad to sack him, but daft things do happen in football..
Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 1147 viewsBlueyandCrazy

To the contrary I think a lot of managers are attracted to work for Evans, given he gives you time. Re Mogga, the reason he has not come here, are probably less to do with Evans, but more to do with timing (when job available versus when he has been available) and his personal circumstances; children at school in North East, and he's settled, kept the family home there whilst doing all his recent jobs........commuting to Ipswich from Teeside, is a whole different proposition to Blackburn..

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 14:30 - Feb 13 with 1095 viewswkj

Wasn't Mogga approached and supposedly said he wasn't interested? I have a sneaky feeling I read that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mowbray under a bit of pressure at Blackburn on 21:23 - Feb 24 with 806 viewsTractorJack

About to be 5 defeats on the bounce!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024