Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 20:58 - May 1 with 6255 viewscressi

Maybe not the brightest
But he may be a 20 goal a season striker in this league and he has that Animal in him that wants to win
So it's a yes for me for next season just need two Strikers to complement the squad as rest are poor
Norwood on 22:31 - May 1 with 1385 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood on 22:29 - May 1 by chrismakin

And people said i was being slanderous by saying he likes a drink

I'd say you were being entirely factual!

The thing is, I love a drink too. I just don't do it and then drive home when my salary allows for me to have someone else, someone sober, drive me home.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 with 1385 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 22:22 - May 1 by Illinoisblue

Always make sense to sell your leading scorer.

With his incredible tally of, what, 8 goals is it now? That's such a piss weak argument for keeping him. Everyone agrees this squad has been a massive failure these past 2 years, he's been a big part of that failure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 with 1375 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Norwood on 22:24 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

It's not exactly without reason though is it? The bloke needs to grow up and get his head down. I'm all up for giving him that opportunity next season, but he needs to stop embarrassing us - and himself.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 22:29]

Thanks Dad!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 with 1376 viewschrismakin

Norwood on 22:27 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

And let's not even get started on that 'hilarious' Blackface costume business.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 22:28]

I don't know him personally, but from everything ive seen from him, It only shows me that he's a pri ck

I may be wrong, but i doubt it on this occasion.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Norwood on 22:33 - May 1 with 1375 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood on 22:28 - May 1 by StokieBlue

Yes.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/9889632.forest-green-striker-james-n

2012 when playing for Forest Green.

SB

What a clown.

He's definitely up there with Chopra and Taylor in the ITFC Bums club.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Norwood on 22:34 - May 1 with 1367 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood on 22:28 - May 1 by StokieBlue

Yes.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/9889632.forest-green-striker-james-n

2012 when playing for Forest Green.

SB

Didn't know that.

He has pleaded not guilty this time so we do not know the full circumstances but that does not look good for sure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood on 22:35 - May 1 with 1371 viewsFtnfwest

Norwood on 22:24 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

It's not exactly without reason though is it? The bloke needs to grow up and get his head down. I'm all up for giving him that opportunity next season, but he needs to stop embarrassing us - and himself.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 22:29]

Won’t disagree but 9 goals from 17 starts in this team makes me wonder what he might do in a decent side
Norwood on 22:35 - May 1 with 1359 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks Dad!

Well, that was worth logging in to post wasn't it!?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 22:38 - May 1 with 1358 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood on 22:35 - May 1 by Ftnfwest

Won’t disagree but 9 goals from 17 starts in this team makes me wonder what he might do in a decent side

I understand your point of view completely.

But personally I'm done with him. He's a bum. I think we could get those goals from elsewhere without all the extra shît that he adds on.

Norwood on 22:38 - May 1 with 1353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He is a good striker but Cook needs to sort him out off the pitch or ship him out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood on 22:46 - May 1 with 1340 viewsHerbivore

On the flip side, might we have been a more effective side if he could actually hold the ball up and genuinely keep CBs occupied rather than just pissing about and wrestling with them? His link up play isn't great, especially when asking him to play as a lone striker.

Norwood on 22:54 - May 1 with 1331 viewsSteve_M

Exactly. There are definitely valid questions about his fitness and off-field behaviour but he’s a decent striker at this level. He basically makes this lot look like a team.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood on 22:58 - May 1 with 1327 viewsBiGDonnie

It's a no brainer that he stays. He's our best striker and under contract. Whether he'll be a regular starter or more of a squad player after the summer remains to be seen.

He's got a bit of a personality and people don't like it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Norwood on 23:00 - May 1 with 1322 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 22:58 - May 1 by BiGDonnie

It's a no brainer that he stays. He's our best striker and under contract. Whether he'll be a regular starter or more of a squad player after the summer remains to be seen.

He's got a bit of a personality and people don't like it.

'He's our best striker' is quite the high standard you're setting there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood on 23:00 - May 1 with 1320 viewsChurchman

Norwood on 21:35 - May 1 by wkj

There are much better out there, and I sincerely hope that Cook is of the same thinking.

Exactly this.

Norwood is 30 years old and is not going to get any better. What you see is what you get. He’s played most of his career at Conference level. He did well one season at League 2 level. He managed 28 games last year, 24 so far this. He has fitness issues and needs a good few chances to score a goal, as all lower league players do.

That’s an objective take on what he’s done and excludes the personal; Twitter etc side. He might be the life and soul of the party, the one the manager can trust, the one the youth players have been told to emulate. I don’t know the bloke, but model Matt Holland-esque professional? I doubt it.

Purely on football merit terms, if this club wants to progress surely it has to try and find better than Norwood. My solution is that unless he’s trouble, if he’s under contract, hang onto him in case we can’t find somebody decent and if we do, let him go at Christmas or keep him as back up till seasons end.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 23:01]
Norwood on 23:02 - May 1 with 1320 viewsFtnfwest

Norwood on 22:46 - May 1 by Herbivore

On the flip side, might we have been a more effective side if he could actually hold the ball up and genuinely keep CBs occupied rather than just pissing about and wrestling with them? His link up play isn't great, especially when asking him to play as a lone striker.

Well we’ll soon see whatever. His return in the games he’s played (the lack of which is the main problem that I have with him) suggests that for a club that’s desperate for performers of any quality at all, he’s worth keeping. But frankly overall as we’ve all been saying there’s very few beyond the younger players that I would keep (none of the other strikers for a start).
Norwood on 23:06 - May 1 with 1310 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 by Herbivore

With his incredible tally of, what, 8 goals is it now? That's such a piss weak argument for keeping him. Everyone agrees this squad has been a massive failure these past 2 years, he's been a big part of that failure.

9 goals. In a woeful team that creates little to nothing. Not saying he’s the best we can do, just don’t understand the need to dismiss him so quickly.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood on 23:11 - May 1 with 1300 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on 22:32 - May 1 by Herbivore

Ironic you talk about “piss weak” arguments when Norwood has only started approximately 16 games this season. I’d say 1 in 2 in an injury hit season playing for a dross side is perfect reason to keep him. Your bias against Norwood makes you look a bit silly when his goals to minutes ratio is very commendable, as also pointed out by Atkins today.

You know best though...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood on 23:13 - May 1 with 1291 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 23:06 - May 1 by Illinoisblue

9 goals. In a woeful team that creates little to nothing. Not saying he’s the best we can do, just don’t understand the need to dismiss him so quickly.

I missed the cup goal, my bad. Still not exactly great. And I just don't think he's very good based on his 2 years here, and he has fitness issues, and he seems to be a knob, and we're paying him a fortune by League 1 standards for not much return.

Everyone has been panning the squad and 2 years of underperformance in which Norwood has played his part, a couple of goals against a hopeless Swindon side and now he's the answer all of a sudden. I struggle to see why anyone wants to keep him personally.

Norwood on 23:18 - May 1 with 1273 viewsFixed_It

Norwood on 23:13 - May 1 by Herbivore

I missed the cup goal, my bad. Still not exactly great. And I just don't think he's very good based on his 2 years here, and he has fitness issues, and he seems to be a knob, and we're paying him a fortune by League 1 standards for not much return.

Everyone has been panning the squad and 2 years of underperformance in which Norwood has played his part, a couple of goals against a hopeless Swindon side and now he's the answer all of a sudden. I struggle to see why anyone wants to keep him personally.

He played regularly when not fully fit last season until he eventually needed an operation. People are clearly biased against him because of his social media antics. But on the pitch, when fully fit, he is an asset.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Norwood on 23:18 - May 1 with 1271 viewsGarv

Norwood on 22:46 - May 1 by Herbivore

Considering he clearly can and has done that, your post is somewhat off the mark.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on 23:21 - May 1 with 1272 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood on 23:18 - May 1 by Fixed_It

He played regularly when not fully fit last season until he eventually needed an operation. People are clearly biased against him because of his social media antics. But on the pitch, when fully fit, he is an asset.

It's interesting that the folk who defend him always reference his social media antics as being the thing people are bothered by, but rarely do they mention the double drink driving arrests, the pissing about while injured or the Blackface stuff.

I think y'all know he's a wrong 'un. People just get split into two camps. Those who are fine with it so long as he's knocking in goals, and those who aren't.

Norwood on 23:26 - May 1 with 1263 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 23:18 - May 1 by Fixed_It

How do you know he'd be an asset when fully fit given you're claiming he's never really been fully fit here? What are you realistically expecting from a 30 year old journeyman playing at the highest level he's ever played at who seems to have fitness issues?

Norwood on 23:27 - May 1 with 1254 viewsGarv

Norwood on 23:13 - May 1 by Herbivore

'I struggle to see why anyone wants to keep him personally.'

If this is true then you are clueless. Sorry, but really clueless.

We can't literally buy a whole new playing squad, as much as everyone wants to. Being so casually happy to let our best striker leave is plain odd.

No one has said he is the answer. It's quite possible he might be replaced in the summer as first choice. People just point out what he is, and that's quite clearly a striker who will score goals at this level when he is given chances, and sometimes not even then, as we've seen this season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on 23:31 - May 1 with 1240 viewsFixed_It

Norwood on 23:26 - May 1 by Herbivore

How do you know he'd be an asset when fully fit given you're claiming he's never really been fully fit here? What are you realistically expecting from a 30 year old journeyman playing at the highest level he's ever played at who seems to have fitness issues?

He was fully fit (ie not carrying an injury) at the start of last season and was scoring goals. In the previous season at Tranmere he was fully fit - and scoring goals. Therefore, I am expecting him to score goals next season if he is fully fit, as he has done to an extent this season despite hamstring issues.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 23:33]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024