Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 20:58 - May 1 with 6254 viewscressi

Maybe not the brightest
But he may be a 20 goal a season striker in this league and he has that Animal in him that wants to win
So it's a yes for me for next season just need two Strikers to complement the squad as rest are poor
Norwood on 08:27 - May 2 with 1112 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 08:17 - May 2 by ArnieM

Spot on . I suppose this is what Cook is on about when says he needs to be able to trust players . Now handing Norwood the captains arm band , might, just might, be a master stroke by Cook as he’d displaying his support for the player , hoping to get the right response back . We shall see . But I also agree with Keanish post about the attributes Norwood brings to the team . Get this player right and we have our 25-30 goal striker to fire us to promotion IMO.

25-30 goals? Blimey. That looks wildly optimistic for a player with questionable fitness and limited ability.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 08:33 - May 2 with 1099 viewsDanTheMan

Leaving aside his off field "antics" for the moment, my understanding is we are trying to build a team that not only competes here but also would be able to stay in the Championship.

For me, Norwood is not good enough for that. If he got himself properly fit, maybe, but he's also not a spring chicken so if anything I'd now expect him to start getting worse not better.

I imagine we'll be bringing in at least one or two strikers anyway this summer and Norwood will stay but as backup.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Norwood on 08:50 - May 2 with 1065 viewstractorboy1978

Norwood on 07:29 - May 2 by itfcjoe

It’s on him now, go away and have a proper summer where he looks after himself and comes back flying then he and we will all be happy.

It’s his last chance really to be a footballer at a proper club, his stats ‘per 90’ minutes stack up against anyone in this league (in a poor team), but that he’s only played 1400 minutes is a lack of the right attitude and application catching up with him.

He’s for enough now to go into a summer and come out properly the other side - can get do it though?

This is the correct answer for all the extreme flouncing on both sides.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 8:50]
Norwood on 09:39 - May 2 with 1035 viewsgtsb1966

He's only got to go on Twitter and tell the world he votes Labour and 80% of this board will love him .
Norwood on 09:48 - May 2 with 1008 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 09:39 - May 2 by gtsb1966

He's only got to go on Twitter and tell the world he votes Labour and 80% of this board will love him .

Stupid post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 09:52 - May 2 with 1003 viewsgtsb1966

Norwood on 09:48 - May 2 by Herbivore

Stupid post.

And as if by magic he turns up. If you want to talk about stupid posts have a read of some your contributions in the last 24 hours. Now play nicely, I'm off to the seaside with the grandson. Toodle pip.
Norwood on 09:54 - May 2 with 993 viewsJamestownPrince

Norwood on 22:22 - May 1 by Illinoisblue

Always make sense to sell your leading scorer.

I am hoping that Owen Goal will still be helping us out next season
Norwood on 09:59 - May 2 with 982 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on 07:29 - May 2 by itfcjoe

It’s on him now, go away and have a proper summer where he looks after himself and comes back flying then he and we will all be happy.

It’s his last chance really to be a footballer at a proper club, his stats ‘per 90’ minutes stack up against anyone in this league (in a poor team), but that he’s only played 1400 minutes is a lack of the right attitude and application catching up with him.

He’s for enough now to go into a summer and come out properly the other side - can get do it though?

Reality is, probably not at his age now i expect. I imagine Norwood will be in and out of the side with persistent groin and hamstring injuries but if we get 15 goals out of him next season and he provides us a different option then all good.

I'm keen to see who Cook will bring in to push him for a place. I think Hawkins will stay but Jackson will be off so we'll definitely add to our options regardless if i'm right or wrong on these two.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 10:04 - May 2 with 962 viewsitfcjoe

Norwood on 09:59 - May 2 by Keaneish

Reality is, probably not at his age now i expect. I imagine Norwood will be in and out of the side with persistent groin and hamstring injuries but if we get 15 goals out of him next season and he provides us a different option then all good.

I'm keen to see who Cook will bring in to push him for a place. I think Hawkins will stay but Jackson will be off so we'll definitely add to our options regardless if i'm right or wrong on these two.

It's more that do you see him flicking that switch to being more professional - strikes me as someone who has the break and uses pre season to get fit.......but if he could commit to a fitness programme for next 6-8 weeks then he has a chance - he is a natural goalscorer and in a team that hasn't created chances he seems to be able to with what he does.

If he'd have played 10 more games and grabbed 5 more goals this season would likely still be alive.

We will be signing someone to lead the line next season as can't trust JN to do so consistently, but if Norwood is switched on then he will be hard to displace.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood on 10:27 - May 2 with 928 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 09:52 - May 2 by gtsb1966

And as if by magic he turns up. If you want to talk about stupid posts have a read of some your contributions in the last 24 hours. Now play nicely, I'm off to the seaside with the grandson. Toodle pip.

'I think you'll find there are people on here, and there are one or two, who scrutinise every word of certain posters and try to twist it to suit their own agenda. You've only got to look at some of the political posts to see that.'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood on 10:28 - May 2 with 931 viewsBasuco

It was notable yesterday that no defenders saw the dodgy back pass coming and he was quickly on to it. Through his entire time at Town our goal threat disappears when he is not on the pitch, I think he is a player we need to keep as he is a very good striker at this level, PC just needs to sort out a decent supply to him.
Norwood on 10:30 - May 2 with 924 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 23:18 - May 1 by Garv

Considering he clearly can and has done that, your post is somewhat off the mark.

Mate, you think that Lambert was doing a good job and was 'forced out' by entitled fans. I'm not sure I rate your insight over highly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood on 10:33 - May 2 with 922 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on 10:04 - May 2 by itfcjoe

It's more that do you see him flicking that switch to being more professional - strikes me as someone who has the break and uses pre season to get fit.......but if he could commit to a fitness programme for next 6-8 weeks then he has a chance - he is a natural goalscorer and in a team that hasn't created chances he seems to be able to with what he does.

If he'd have played 10 more games and grabbed 5 more goals this season would likely still be alive.

We will be signing someone to lead the line next season as can't trust JN to do so consistently, but if Norwood is switched on then he will be hard to displace.

Yeah agreed. If Cook brings in a few decent wide players in the same vein as Curtis at Pompey and an LB to get in the same positions KVY does, Norwood will flourish and may well have a 20 + season.

However, swapping beer for yoga and training muscle imbalances may be beyond him, If i were him, i'd be studying the Ryan Giggs approach to physical conditioning this summer rather than the Razor Ruddock. Either way, i see it being a career defining season for him.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood on 10:34 - May 2 with 919 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Norwood on 21:35 - May 1 by wkj

There are much better out there, and I sincerely hope that Cook is of the same thinking.

But of all the strikers on our books, surely he is the last one that you would bin? He’s the only one that knows where the back of the net is! He must have a role to play next season even if we improve on other striking options

Poll: Our final position

Norwood on 11:00 - May 2 with 912 viewsBlueBorn86

I know of people who have met him and think he isn’t that nice a person. I won’t say more than that as this is all second hand. But, for me if he keeps the off field antics to a minimum and can keep fit I’d have him here as I do think for this league and even championship in a team with good attacking quality he should be getting 20+ goals easily.

Different situations I know but reminds me a bit of Chopra. Could be brilliant but it’s all the other stuff that comes with him..do you take the hot for the possibility he could get you the goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024