Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. 09:56 - Jul 27 with 4233 viewsWallingford_Boy

and Coulson eventually joins us.

Whats left?

tbh, that would probably be fine, but I'd say one more CM and ideally one more experienced CB.

Left back was the big one for me, but hopefully Coulson will sort that, then we are good to go!

RIP Sir Bobby

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:44 - Jul 27 with 888 viewsJ2BLUE

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:16 - Jul 27 by TractorFrog

If we get Edmundson as a first choice CB, Chaplin as LW and Coulson as LB, I would say we only need two more signings. A back-up winger who can play on either side (as we are still a little short there) and a back-up centre-midfielder who can play number 8 or 10 in case of an injury for Fraser or Evans/Harper (unless Humphreys can do this role, but I suspect he will return to the U23s once pre-season is over. That will leave us with:
GK - Hladky, Holy
CB - Edmundson, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba
RB - VincentYoung, Donacien
LB - Coulson, Penney
CM - Evans, Harper, Nolan, *one more*
CAM - Fraser, El Mizouni (interchangeable with the CM)
RW / LW - Burns, Chaplin, Dobra, *one more*
ST - Norwood, Piggott, Bonne

That is a squad of 23 - a good size.

No idea why people are assuming Ndaba is going to step up. People do this every summer with various young players and then they don’t make the bench all year.

If we could sign just one more player it would be an experienced CB for me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:45 - Jul 27 with 883 viewsitfcjoe

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:41 - Jul 27 by Johnny_Boy

“An International Clearance is needed for Edmundson to join”

Am I missing something here?

Scotland is a different country.

Even stranger is that if you sign from Cardiff or Swansea they need international clearance despite playing in English leagues!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:46 - Jul 27 with 858 viewschicoazul

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:40 - Jul 27 by SomethingBlue

Think Broja firmly out of our range but that's a good shout re Chelsea connection, quite a few there I imagine we'd be interested in.

“Graun confirms Tammy Abraham Ipswich loan deal”

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:46 - Jul 27 with 859 viewsITFC_96

Maybe a winger. I don't think Dobra is going to be playing on the wing - I imagine that he will probably play more central if he does get games.
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:49 - Jul 27 with 834 viewschicoazul

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:45 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Even stranger is that if you sign from Cardiff or Swansea they need international clearance despite playing in English leagues!

Hey you’ll probably know, does Edmundson mean Gibson isn’t happening? pabloisgod seems to think the next signing after these will be a Chambers-type, experienced and tough.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:49 - Jul 27 with 832 viewsjayessess

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:44 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

No idea why people are assuming Ndaba is going to step up. People do this every summer with various young players and then they don’t make the bench all year.

People said the same about Woolfenden stepping up in 2019 and Dobra in 2020.

I don't think it is that likely but Ndaba is 21, currently in the first team squad and had a productive loan spell last season. Not unreasonable to suggest he might be ready to be 4th choice centre back.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:50 - Jul 27 with 824 viewsSomethingBlue

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:46 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

“Graun confirms Tammy Abraham Ipswich loan deal”

Knew I'd said too much.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:57 - Jul 27 with 796 viewsJohnny_Boy

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:45 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

But he played in this country for Derby last season.
He’s effectively in the ‘system’ already having been registered.

I’m well aware of overseas players having to get International Clearance coming over from far flung places like South America on their first visit here. But doesn’t that also hinge on their possible International appearances too?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 10:58]
Login to get fewer ads

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:00 - Jul 27 with 779 viewsjayessess

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:57 - Jul 27 by Johnny_Boy

But he played in this country for Derby last season.
He’s effectively in the ‘system’ already having been registered.

I’m well aware of overseas players having to get International Clearance coming over from far flung places like South America on their first visit here. But doesn’t that also hinge on their possible International appearances too?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 10:58]

That's the visa. International clearance here refers to FIFA giving you the sign off to register with a football club under a different national football association.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/int

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 742 viewsKropotkin123

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:44 - Jul 27 by J2BLUE

Think it is more that he was included in the first team numbers, than expected to play. Think the same might be the case with El Miz (that we are unlikely to see them). Which makes those CB positions between the other three + Donacien can play centrally.

Not sure if we will see another CB on top of Edmundson, but not against it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:15 - Jul 27 with 702 viewsSimonds92

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:16 - Jul 27 by TractorFrog

If we get Edmundson as a first choice CB, Chaplin as LW and Coulson as LB, I would say we only need two more signings. A back-up winger who can play on either side (as we are still a little short there) and a back-up centre-midfielder who can play number 8 or 10 in case of an injury for Fraser or Evans/Harper (unless Humphreys can do this role, but I suspect he will return to the U23s once pre-season is over. That will leave us with:
GK - Hladky, Holy
CB - Edmundson, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba
RB - VincentYoung, Donacien
LB - Coulson, Penney
CM - Evans, Harper, Nolan, *one more*
CAM - Fraser, El Mizouni (interchangeable with the CM)
RW / LW - Burns, Chaplin, Dobra, *one more*
ST - Norwood, Piggott, Bonne

That is a squad of 23 - a good size.

Surely based on your list we need another experienced CB? Not sure how good Ndaba is and although Edmundson sounds promising I've never seen him play. I assume he's first choice, and is hopefully a leader with strong communication. If he were to get injured we suddenly have Nsiala and Woolfenden. I'm really not sold on the latter, i think he flatters to deceive and people saying in his first season he will go on to be as good as / better than Webster are very wrong. I think positionally they both need to be told where to be, and in the same team there are massive holes in our defence.
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:19 - Jul 27 with 686 viewsGarv

I want at least another winger and definitely a centre half.

Central defence is still relatively week at the minute, even assuming Edmunson is decent (I don't know).

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:21 - Jul 27 with 683 viewssuffolkpunchdrunk

For me Owen Dale & Cameron Burgess would be great additions.
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:30 - Jul 27 with 652 viewsITFC_RDM

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 09:59 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Another CB, another CM and at least 1 more attacking option as wingers is still short on depth

I'd also be tempted to try and shift Donacien and get a loanee to back up KVY, if KVY is injured for a long period - which isn't a great leap to suggest may happen - we need someone who can come in and play that role in an attacking style

Wes Burns. on that basis completely agree we need another wide attacking option.
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:31 - Jul 27 with 647 viewsitfcjoe

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 10:49 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

Hey you’ll probably know, does Edmundson mean Gibson isn’t happening? pabloisgod seems to think the next signing after these will be a Chambers-type, experienced and tough.

I'd be surprised to see both sign, both seem the same up and coming option when we need a bit of experience there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:36 - Jul 27 with 628 viewsJohnny_Boy

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:00 - Jul 27 by jayessess

That's the visa. International clearance here refers to FIFA giving you the sign off to register with a football club under a different national football association.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/int

English FA, Scottish FA & Welsh FA are all different bodies, so yes that all makes sense.

But I’d never heard of an English born player, playing in Scotland, needing an International Clearance - having literally already played in this country some 3 months ago at the end of May.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 11:38]
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 14:14 - Jul 27 with 425 viewspete81

So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 11:36 - Jul 27 by Johnny_Boy

English FA, Scottish FA & Welsh FA are all different bodies, so yes that all makes sense.

But I’d never heard of an English born player, playing in Scotland, needing an International Clearance - having literally already played in this country some 3 months ago at the end of May.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 11:38]

K.V.Y
Donacian

Coulson
Penny

Edmunson
Wolf
Toto
Ndaba

Evans
Harper
Nolan
Mcgavin

El miz
Fraser

Burns
Dobra

Chaplin
Bonner

Piggott
Norwood.

That's 20 including Dobra who I believe is underage for the 22 and Mcgavin who possibly will stay but is in the "bomb squad" . Not included Jackson or Downes or surely wont be in.

All adds up to a possible 4 more spaces for the outfield 22 with Dobra being a free spot for 23
So assuming Edmundson and Chaplin sign ok.. on 14:19 - Jul 27 with 405 viewsChrisd

If Coulsen signs, that would be it for me. Let PC and his coaching staff get on with the job in hand and start moulding that squad into promotion challengers.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024