Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung 15:05 - Aug 24 with 6432 viewshatch

In response to the funny chant thread.

It always riled me when fans would sing ‘You’re just a bus stop in Villa’ at Birmingham City away. Makes no sense.

I’m also not sure ‘England till I die’ works as generally you support your nationality all your life so you don’t have much choice
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:35 - Aug 24 with 2691 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 19:02 - Aug 24 by north_stand77

Yes, maybe those statements are true but I still don't think its acceptable to wish someone die or its right singing crude songs about an elderly lady.

Believe me, I'm definitely no fan of hers but cringe every time they're sung. It's not even funny

But the lines:

"She mashes potater
And we fckin hate her"

Are amongst the most original ever sung at a football match.
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:39 - Aug 24 with 2668 viewshatch

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:35 - Aug 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

But the lines:

"She mashes potater
And we fckin hate her"

Ah.

I’ve been singing ‘she cooks mashed potatah’
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:40 - Aug 24 with 2666 viewsTractorCam

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:39 - Aug 24 by hatch

Ah.

She makes mashed potato, is what i've always gone with.

Wouldn't be an Ipswich song with us all singing different words I guess!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 21:39 - Aug 24 with 2586 viewsnorth_stand77

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:35 - Aug 24 by ArnoldMoorhen

But the lines:

"She mashes potater
And we fckin hate her"

But that's fine...and funny. The other chants are not.
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 21:42 - Aug 24 with 2585 viewsBellevueblue

"You've never won fook all"

Makes no sense at all.

Anything about Norwich or Delia too
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 21:46 - Aug 24 with 2577 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Edward Ebeneezer is pony

Gus Uhlenbeek

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 22:05 - Aug 24 with 2559 viewshatch

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 21:46 - Aug 24 by ShropshireBluenago09

Edward Ebeneezer is pony

Take that back right now
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 23:22 - Aug 24 with 2505 viewsMattinLondon

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 16:35 - Aug 24 by strikalite

Oh the cheerleaders give us an "I" is utterly pathetic, we went to Leeds a few years back and they were all pi$$$ing themselves over it..

Considering Leeds spend a fair bit of time singing We are Leeds, we are Leeds’, they really haven’t got a right to take the Micky out of other clubs chants.
Login to get fewer ads

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 02:18 - Aug 25 with 2451 viewsdominiciawful

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 19:15 - Aug 24 by Leaky

If everyone hates what we sing, we could all stand/sit quitely applaud ever opposition goal as well as our own. The stadium then becomes like the Royal Opera House. For fecks sake what are supporter's becoming lets just sing what we want, if some people get affended perhaps they iether move to quieter part of the ground or stay away, things are getting rediculas.

rediculas

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 03:02 - Aug 25 with 2444 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:08 - Aug 24 by Hipsterectomy

Hull City's, 'you're getting mauled by the tigers', complete with moving hand gestures, is factually the correct answer

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Although the ‘we’re the left side’ chant makes me physically ill.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 03:05 - Aug 25 with 2443 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Millwalls ‘no one likes us’ chant is genuinely irritating in the sense that they genuinely believe the EFL, sky etc have a conspiracy against them. Which they spend every game moaning and singing about with the ironic suggestion that ‘we don’t care’. I mean.. they obviously do as that’s there only noise every time we play them.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 03:15 - Aug 25 with 2437 viewsRyorry

If you were in London c. the late 60s, when the orange chanters were doing their thing down Oxford St. etc., you'd never want to hear "Hare Krishna" again ...
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 3:20]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 06:24 - Aug 25 with 2380 viewsBluefish

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 20:39 - Aug 24 by hatch

Ah.

I think it is she makes mash potater

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 06:35 - Aug 25 with 2379 viewsbrogansnose

Chants about a player or manager being a paedophile.
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 07:07 - Aug 25 with 2361 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 03:05 - Aug 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Millwalls ‘no one likes us’ chant is genuinely irritating in the sense that they genuinely believe the EFL, sky etc have a conspiracy against them. Which they spend every game moaning and singing about with the ironic suggestion that ‘we don’t care’. I mean.. they obviously do as that’s there only noise every time we play them.

Each to their own, i quite like it. Born out of a sense of injustice long before Sky was a thing. Regardless if the feelings that shaped it are still (or ever were) relevant, real or imagined it’s original and I can see why it’s become their anthem.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 07:31 - Aug 25 with 2347 viewswitchdoctor

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 18:33 - Aug 24 by wkj

The only reason we still do this is because of the "wubble you"

they don’t do that any more..🙄
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 07:41 - Aug 25 with 2333 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 06:35 - Aug 25 by brogansnose

Chants about a player or manager being a paedophile.

Would you make an exception for the Adam Johnson song? God only knows why we sung it about Bradley Johnson.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 11:05 - Aug 25 with 2243 viewsRyorry

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 21:39 - Aug 24 by north_stand77

But that's fine...and funny. The other chants are not.

She's a football woman NorthStand, she knows the difference between football digs & real-life malicious intent.

She's actually being treated no differently than other genders/age groups, which speaking as a 70-something female myself, is how I want it anyway.

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 14:33 - Aug 25 with 2170 viewsnorth_stand77

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 11:05 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

She's a football woman NorthStand, she knows the difference between football digs & real-life malicious intent.

She's actually being treated no differently than other genders/age groups, which speaking as a 70-something female myself, is how I want it anyway.

Wishing someone (anyone) to 'Die' is not acceptable in my book.
I'm surprised that you of all people Ryorry think that it is.
By the way Delia lives near me, I see her about often and I can't imagine she thinks it's very funny, football 'bantz' or not. As well as all the crude stuff.

The same as singing about players being paedophiles- it's what 13 year old schoolkids are likely to do. Can't we come up with something better than that?
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 14:54 - Aug 25 with 2161 viewsSamWhiteUK

On a related note, I think MK Dons fans should be hereby banned from singing, "Your support is f**king sh*te," "is this a library?" "shall we sing a song for you" and the like. The bloody cheek of it when you see their crowd at home
Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 2153 viewsRyorry

Terrible chants that shouldn’t be sung on 14:33 - Aug 25 by north_stand77

Wishing someone (anyone) to 'Die' is not acceptable in my book.
I'm surprised that you of all people Ryorry think that it is.
By the way Delia lives near me, I see her about often and I can't imagine she thinks it's very funny, football 'bantz' or not. As well as all the crude stuff.

The same as singing about players being paedophiles- it's what 13 year old schoolkids are likely to do. Can't we come up with something better than that?

Wasn't aware anyone had been wishing/chanting for her to "die" - you're right, I agree that's not acceptable to/for anyone.

Edited to add - nor of course is the paedophilia one acceptable; & re both of those, I mean that irrespective of anyone's age or gender.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 17:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024