Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tide is turning 22:33 - Nov 23 with 4492 viewschrismakin

Clear as day on here tonight and social media alot of supporters have come away feeling extremely let down.

This pack PR campaign could be an awful event. And ruin 4 months of preparation.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tide is turning on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 3707 viewsFightingEssex

Well you can't say we didn't get the warning signs last season when he threw an alright squad under the bus, a side that even Gill could get the easy wins out of, and turned it into a dark, depressing, game over atmosphere about 2 games in to his run and it's a cloud that's not really left us since despite signing all his players and putting all his mates into coaching positions. I think the cats out of the bag now.

Evans jumped the gun too early on Lambert, largely due to negative press, which was weird given he was clearly planning to do one anyway, it makes you think all this stuff was last minute and chaotic much like his entire tenure here. He could have allowed Gamechanger to deal with Lambert, which makes me believe Cook wasn't entirely an Evans appointment and maybe Ashton had some involvement, be it very secretly, in the whole thing. Something about the handover doesn't make sense or feel right to me, I can't be the only one thinking what was the plan from Evans or Gamechanger there?

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Tide is turning on 22:43 - Nov 23 with 3659 viewsN2_Blue

Only ITFC could have all the positivity of a superb marketing campaign and pack out the stadium at a time the atmosphere risks being horrible in terms of a failing manager.

That is why I'd personally sack Cook now and get a new management team in and try begin a wave of optimism again.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tide is turning on 22:49 - Nov 23 with 3561 viewsCoastalblue

This could be an absolute travesty, all the hope and excitement that was ignited after years and years of dull dross watching us sink like a stray turd in the Orwell, and we end up straight back in the same boat.

It's so sad, if the performances and points on the board were matching the initial excitement and engagement off the pitch it could have become an irresistable force with real momentum that might have carried through to the division above, instead we're all turning back into jaded cynics.

A real chance blown., Once in a lifetime chance.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Tide is turning on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 3518 viewsN2_Blue

Tide is turning on 22:49 - Nov 23 by Coastalblue

This could be an absolute travesty, all the hope and excitement that was ignited after years and years of dull dross watching us sink like a stray turd in the Orwell, and we end up straight back in the same boat.

It's so sad, if the performances and points on the board were matching the initial excitement and engagement off the pitch it could have become an irresistable force with real momentum that might have carried through to the division above, instead we're all turning back into jaded cynics.

Absolutely spot on

What you have posted actually almost makes me tear up. It's incredibly sad the opportunity we have blown.

I'm beyond gutted.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Tide is turning on 22:53 - Nov 23 with 3485 viewspatrickswell

Not quite blown providing GameChanger keep their enthusiasm up. The next manager will be indisputably their pick and someone they are going to have to look to to implement their vision.
It’s just a shame that said manager will be the third in a row to arrive with us supposedly at our lowest ever ebb.
Tide is turning on 22:56 - Nov 23 with 3392 viewsfooters

Maybe the fourth pre-season is needed or something?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tide is turning on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 3361 viewsParky

If you’re judging by TWTD, I wouldn’t worry - half the people don’t go to games.
Tide is turning on 23:03 - Nov 23 with 3314 viewsfooters

Tide is turning on 22:59 - Nov 23 by Parky

If you’re judging by TWTD, I wouldn’t worry - half the people don’t go to games.

Neither does makin.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Tide is turning on 23:09 - Nov 23 with 3225 viewsrgp1

Tide is turning on 22:43 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

Only ITFC could have all the positivity of a superb marketing campaign and pack out the stadium at a time the atmosphere risks being horrible in terms of a failing manager.

That is why I'd personally sack Cook now and get a new management team in and try begin a wave of optimism again.

Its clearly obvious Cook is out of his depth. Interestingly how many managers in the past have done well with fcuk all then being given money they are worse? I think most posters have summed it up that Cooks inability to change will cost him in the end.
Tide is turning on 23:36 - Nov 23 with 3072 viewsITFC_Forever

Tide is turning on 22:40 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

Well you can't say we didn't get the warning signs last season when he threw an alright squad under the bus, a side that even Gill could get the easy wins out of, and turned it into a dark, depressing, game over atmosphere about 2 games in to his run and it's a cloud that's not really left us since despite signing all his players and putting all his mates into coaching positions. I think the cats out of the bag now.

Evans jumped the gun too early on Lambert, largely due to negative press, which was weird given he was clearly planning to do one anyway, it makes you think all this stuff was last minute and chaotic much like his entire tenure here. He could have allowed Gamechanger to deal with Lambert, which makes me believe Cook wasn't entirely an Evans appointment and maybe Ashton had some involvement, be it very secretly, in the whole thing. Something about the handover doesn't make sense or feel right to me, I can't be the only one thinking what was the plan from Evans or Gamechanger there?

You lost me at jumped the gun too early on Lambert.

Of all our disasters in the last 15 years or so, he outstayed his tenure by far the longest. Giving him that new 5 year deal on the first day of the decade was probably ME’s biggest abomination of all.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tide is turning on 00:07 - Nov 24 with 2928 viewstimothyeo

Tide is turning on 22:40 - Nov 23 by FightingEssex

Yep but look back on here and all the fans lapped up Cook throwing away last season like he was doing the club a massive favour.
Tide is turning on 00:18 - Nov 24 with 2889 viewsjayessess

Tide is turning on 22:59 - Nov 23 by Parky

Seemed pretty obvious it was starting to turn in the North Stand tonight. Smattering of boos at various points, people starting to do all the annoying toxic stuff (sarcastic cheering, singing "we had a shot" etc). Wasn't fully gone yet, but not far off.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 0:49]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tide is turning on 00:22 - Nov 24 with 2854 viewsRyorry

"Once in a lifetime chance"

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post but not this. Gamechanger thankfully won't have ME's grim determination to hang on to the status quo for months/years too long.

You never know what's round the corner in football sans ME, & I'm confident there'll be further chances.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Tide is turning on 00:44 - Nov 24 with 2797 viewspointofblue

Tide is turning on 00:18 - Nov 24 by jayessess

Seemed pretty obvious it was starting to turn in the North Stand tonight. Smattering of boos at various points, people starting to do all the annoying toxic stuff (sarcastic cheering, singing "we had a shot" etc). Wasn't fully gone yet, but not far off.

Agreed - the start of the tension which was there under McCarthy and Lambert. With the former it grew and grew until it bubbled over, with the latter lockdown stepped in before that could happen.

The biggest bugbear is Cook saying we should aspire to be Rotherham. He’s right, they’re exactly what we should be. But with the amount of cash and the quality of player coming in it’s almost unforgivable that we are not there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tide is turning on 05:41 - Nov 24 with 2622 viewsCoastalblue

Tide is turning on 00:22 - Nov 24 by Ryorry

"Once in a lifetime chance"

Pretty much agree with the rest of your post but not this. Gamechanger thankfully won't have ME's grim determination to hang on to the status quo for months/years too long.

You never know what's round the corner in football sans ME, & I'm confident there'll be further chances.

You are right of course, hopefully, but what I meant was we were in a unique situation which is unlikely to be repeated.

Years of the doldrums and penny pinching replaced literally overnight with engaged owners, investment and real belief we had turned a big corner. There was a wave of optimism we were riding which was enhanced by all the positive changes, it could and should have become an irresistible force at this level.

I worry now that most of us are always going to have that seed of doubt in the back of our minds again now which will always hold that back slightly, even when we do eventually start to build up some steam.

I just feel off the back of all that happened this year we could have started some momentum that might just have snowballed all the way to the upper reaches of the Championship, maybe beyond. Instead we've stalled in on the start line and are looking for a bump start.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Tide is turning on 06:21 - Nov 24 with 2532 viewsgordon

#sackoutPC
Tide is turning on 07:02 - Nov 24 with 2390 viewsphillev231069

Cook is just another in a long line of failures for ITFC over the last few years, but my biggest issue is he's had a massive budget to fail with unlike all the rest on that alone with what he has done so far he should be sacked.
Tide is turning on 07:25 - Nov 24 with 2281 viewstextbackup

Tide is turning on 00:18 - Nov 24 by jayessess

"sarcastic cheering, singing "we had a shot" etc"

i fcking hate the north stand

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Tide is turning on 07:27 - Nov 24 with 2268 viewschrismakin

Tide is turning on 07:25 - Nov 24 by textbackup

Fair play to them. Pay to sit and freeze whilst having to watch that.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tide is turning on 07:34 - Nov 24 with 2237 viewsjayessess

Tide is turning on 07:25 - Nov 24 by textbackup

I don't like that stuff and don't join in, but the support this season has been far more than the manager and players would've got anywhere else with these results.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tide is turning on 07:34 - Nov 24 with 2228 viewsChurchman

Tide is turning on 05:41 - Nov 24 by Coastalblue

You are right of course, hopefully, but what I meant was we were in a unique situation which is unlikely to be repeated.

Years of the doldrums and penny pinching replaced literally overnight with engaged owners, investment and real belief we had turned a big corner. There was a wave of optimism we were riding which was enhanced by all the positive changes, it could and should have become an irresistible force at this level.

I worry now that most of us are always going to have that seed of doubt in the back of our minds again now which will always hold that back slightly, even when we do eventually start to build up some steam.

I just feel off the back of all that happened this year we could have started some momentum that might just have snowballed all the way to the upper reaches of the Championship, maybe beyond. Instead we've stalled in on the start line and are looking for a bump start.

Agreed. A great opportunity has been tossed in the bin. Having built a couple of teams, I thought Cook knew what he was doing. I was fully supportive in him doing what he thought necessary, all on the back of the investment in organisation and structure by the owners.

He has his coaches, his squad; players that allegedly want to play for him. We’ve had the excitement and the excuses and the harsh reality is the league table. Struggling in League One. With what was available to Cook, this Mickey Mouse division should have been a stepping stone to the next level.

The owners have a problem. Do they allow Cook more time and support; a bit of January transfer wheeling and dealing? Sadly I think not. I’d try and bring in somebody who knows what they are doing - if they can find that person.

With all that’s happening at the club, I think it’s the only chance we have to gain any momentum. Surely we can’t limp along much longer like this.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 7:36]
Tide is turning on 07:35 - Nov 24 with 2224 viewsmikeybloo88

Cook is the OGS and we are the MU of League One, except we don't have a Ronaldo. Hopefully our board act like the MU board before its too late...
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 9:45]
Tide is turning on 07:36 - Nov 24 with 2214 viewstextbackup

Tide is turning on 07:27 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Fair play to them. Pay to sit and freeze whilst having to watch that.

na, fck them.

lastnight was utter sht, but stuff like that is fcking pathetic

Tide is turning on 07:56 - Nov 24 with 2150 viewstimothyeo

Tide is turning on 07:36 - Nov 24 by textbackup

na, fck them.

lastnight was utter sht, but stuff like that is fcking pathetic

Actually, its nice to hear some fans have slightly higher ambitions than blindly supporting whatever manager comes in regardless of results and performances, lapping up relegation (see PL first season), enjoying a manager completely destroying an end of season and ripping into all the players ignoring his own deficiencies (see PC first season).

Its about time fans started to demand a bit more. Every other club our size does and 95% of those clubs are above us in the football hierarchy.
Tide is turning on 08:06 - Nov 24 with 2107 viewstextbackup

Tide is turning on 07:56 - Nov 24 by timothyeo

Actually, its nice to hear some fans have slightly higher ambitions than blindly supporting whatever manager comes in regardless of results and performances, lapping up relegation (see PL first season), enjoying a manager completely destroying an end of season and ripping into all the players ignoring his own deficiencies (see PC first season).

Its about time fans started to demand a bit more. Every other club our size does and 95% of those clubs are above us in the football hierarchy.

sarcastic bo11ocks i have a problem with, because the players just think you're a cnt

passion and anger is a different story, i can get onboard with that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024