Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? 20:45 - Dec 20 with 5697 viewsDubtractor

I'm hoping to see a 'favour based' loan system similar to the one that saw Lampard get some of Chelsea's best kids at Derby.

Obviously we're a division lower, so need to temper expectations, but I'd put money on it that McKenna has an idea of the players he could go back and raid.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 10:56 - Dec 21 with 1727 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 00:13 - Dec 21 by DropCliffsNotBombs

A fine point well made.

He has been superb for me on FM22 though on my Ipswich save. So it must be fate..

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 1722 viewsWallingford_Boy

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 21:31 - Dec 20 by Metal_Hacker

I don’t know who because I don’t know them well enough but a proper box to box midfield menace would be ideal

Like Morsy you mean?

I did have him down as a more traditional CDM, but am enjoying his forward runs, shots from edge of the box, etc.

He has quite the close control, for a CDM!

RIP Sir Bobby

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:08 - Dec 21 with 1633 viewsMetal_Hacker

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 10:57 - Dec 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Like Morsy you mean?

I did have him down as a more traditional CDM, but am enjoying his forward runs, shots from edge of the box, etc.

He has quite the close control, for a CDM!

Perhaps someone like Morsy but someone more consistent with their forward thinking alongside Morsy as opposed to Evans

Poll: If it were one or the other

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 15:57 - Dec 21 with 1566 viewsmarkchips

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:08 - Dec 21 by Metal_Hacker

Perhaps someone like Morsy but someone more consistent with their forward thinking alongside Morsy as opposed to Evans

Depends on whether Nolan is fit I suppose ?
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 17:58 - Dec 21 with 1502 views44_not_out

We have too many players as it is! This has been an issue for a while.

If we’re to recruit more, we will then need to off load some.

And as other have pointed out, young loanees will not get you out of this league.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 19:04 - Dec 21 with 1460 viewsRonFearonsHair

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 09:57 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

Robbie Savage's son? Or Richie Wellens son. His old man was good for us, albeit briefly.

Amazing isn’t it that Wellens called out the apathy and acceptance of mediocrity at the club during his time here, yet it still hasn’t been fixed in time for his son to potentially play for us.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:10 - Dec 21 with 1403 viewsNaim1995

Hi. Utd fan here with a soft spot for Ipswich since it’s my dad’s team. I follow Ipswich quite a bit tbh.

Depends on what position u are looking for. If it’s left back as I’ve seen quite a few times, then there’s an exquisite young Spaniard called Alvaro Fernandez. Can play LCB but is mainly a LB.

If u want a winger, there’s Elanga but Shoretire seems more attainable. I’ve always likened Shoretire to Sancho in play style. More of a creative, skilful winger rather than your classic pace merchant.

Creative midfielder - Mejbri stands out and I don’t see him getting any game time in the first team tbh. Probably deserves a higher level loan but u never know. One thing I do know is u would absolutely love him.

Everyone else either too young or already out on loan.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:16 - Dec 21 with 1389 viewsMetal_Hacker

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:10 - Dec 21 by Naim1995

Hi. Utd fan here with a soft spot for Ipswich since it’s my dad’s team. I follow Ipswich quite a bit tbh.

Depends on what position u are looking for. If it’s left back as I’ve seen quite a few times, then there’s an exquisite young Spaniard called Alvaro Fernandez. Can play LCB but is mainly a LB.

If u want a winger, there’s Elanga but Shoretire seems more attainable. I’ve always likened Shoretire to Sancho in play style. More of a creative, skilful winger rather than your classic pace merchant.

Creative midfielder - Mejbri stands out and I don’t see him getting any game time in the first team tbh. Probably deserves a higher level loan but u never know. One thing I do know is u would absolutely love him.

Cheers for that

How do you see McKenna getting on then ? What’s his style of play of known ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:50 - Dec 21 with 1365 viewshatch

Might be lazy journalism but we’ve been linked with Teden Mengi (centre back) already

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-manch
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 21:32 - Dec 21 with 1324 viewsOwainG1992

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 21:34 - Dec 20 by JakeITFC

The young lad who has torn up the Arab Cup for Tunisia would be good, Hannibal something.

Lecter?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 21:56 - Dec 21 with 1284 viewsNaim1995

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:16 - Dec 21 by Metal_Hacker

Cheers for that

How do you see McKenna getting on then ? What’s his style of play of known ?

Well when he managed the u18s to a title win they played some outstanding stuff.

That team had the likes of Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner, Laird, Williams, and Mengi (who is another loan option at CB).

One thing is for sure is that if all goes well, Ipswich Town will be playing some very exciting, expansive stuff.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 22:51 - Dec 21 with 1234 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 20:10 - Dec 21 by Naim1995

Well given that the loans are 6 mths we may be able to get 2 or 3 .
Under 21 doesn’t count in th wage bill.
Then getting a season loan for them next yr in the championship!
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 08:02 - Dec 22 with 1135 viewsElephantintheRoom

Time was when supoporters liked to see Ipswich players playing for Ipswich.

Now some apparently want some florida franchise players borrowed fto moonlight for an Ohio franchise.

Personally I'd like the new man to weed out the pointless loans and start building a sustainable team.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 09:41 - Dec 22 with 1090 viewsMattinLondon

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 08:02 - Dec 22 by ElephantintheRoom

Time was when supoporters liked to see Ipswich players playing for Ipswich.

Now some apparently want some florida franchise players borrowed fto moonlight for an Ohio franchise.

Personally I'd like the new man to weed out the pointless loans and start building a sustainable team.

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:24 - Dec 22 with 1028 viewsFevsBCFC

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 22:51 - Dec 21 by BtreeBlueBlood

Well given that the loans are 6 mths we may be able to get 2 or 3 .
Under 21 doesn’t count in th wage bill.
Then getting a season loan for them next yr in the championship!

SCMP rules - loans do count

Player Wages and deductions
Under SCMP, 'Wages' relates to player wages only (director remuneration and general club staff wages are not included in the SCMP calculation). Player wages included in the SCMP calculation relate to all contract players (full contract, non-contract, multiplicity etc.) and loan players.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:28 - Dec 22 with 1001 viewsportmanking

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:24 - Dec 22 by FevsBCFC

SCMP rules - loans do count

Player Wages and deductions
Under SCMP, 'Wages' relates to player wages only (director remuneration and general club staff wages are not included in the SCMP calculation). Player wages included in the SCMP calculation relate to all contract players (full contract, non-contract, multiplicity etc.) and loan players.

That's only if the club is required to cover wages of said loanees....
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:30 - Dec 22 with 993 viewsitfcjoe

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:28 - Dec 22 by portmanking

Which we would be, Man U will give us nothing but the market rate - when Alex Ferguson was in charge even Peterborough had to pay full whack for Man U loanees to his son

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:33 - Dec 22 with 978 viewsportmanking

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:30 - Dec 22 by itfcjoe

Which we would be, Man U will give us nothing but the market rate - when Alex Ferguson was in charge even Peterborough had to pay full whack for Man U loanees to his son

Christ. Well, we can safely say we won't be getting boatloads down from Carrington then. I imagine even Mengi must be on £5-£10k per week?
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:35 - Dec 22 with 972 viewsitfcsuth

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:28 - Dec 22 by portmanking

This is the issue I have with Coulson prolonging his stay beyond Jan, when he isn't fit enough.

We are paying 50/50 with Boro on that deal, I'd much rather use that to bring in a fully fit wing-back/full-back.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:35 - Dec 22 with 971 viewsBseaBlue

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:30 - Dec 22 by itfcjoe

I've never understood that with the prem clubs. I understand they are 'businesses' but surely it is in their own interests for the players to develop within the pyramid?

Look at the likes of Mount, Chalobah and James at Chelsea as good examples of players that have really pushed on because of their spells in the EFL.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 12:35 - Dec 22 with 970 viewsFevsBCFC

What he said. The bigger the club, the less of a charity they seem to be!!!
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 910 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Whilst this is true, presumably there is scope to pay higher loan fees in order to reduce the wage burden. That comes at risk unless there is some refund option should the player go back, though. I am sure there are often ways around some of these things. Although I am not sure we want any loans for half a season now unless they are highly likely to be with us next season too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 14:19 - Dec 22 with 901 viewsITFC_96

We already have a bunch of our youngsters out on loan and our squad is already big.
What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 14:43 - Dec 22 with 875 viewsFevsBCFC

What highly rated Man U youngsters are going to join us in January then? on 14:16 - Dec 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whilst this is true, presumably there is scope to pay higher loan fees in order to reduce the wage burden. That comes at risk unless there is some refund option should the player go back, though. I am sure there are often ways around some of these things. Although I am not sure we want any loans for half a season now unless they are highly likely to be with us next season too.

Some loaning clubs like Liverpool have penalty clauses if their players don’t play enough minutes. So the complete opposite of a refund. Bonkers, but that’s the way they operate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024