Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson update 10:03 - Jan 28 with 15200 viewsgreyhound

From what I understand...

Tyreece was recalled as he has refused to discuss/sign new contractual terms with town.

He has been moved into the u18s to train. So don't go expecting him to be given match time any time soon.

Understand from source this is a power play/punishment for him refusing to initiay speak with town.

Haven't scanned the board in a few days so this may already be posted and will remove if covered elsewhere
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 2045 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:02 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Yes, but if he (or his agent) was clever, they would be pushing that line to the club, not refusing to talk. At the very least, it might result in another loan.

It might be the case that Swindon don't really want to offer a permanent deal, or can't afford the price we might ask. Or we might have had plans to work him into our own First Team over the next couple of seasons after this one, so not wanting him to leave at all. The deal he wants might be unrealistic, in other words.

We don't know the full details, or the tone of what communications have passed between the two sides, so it's impossible to say where blame, if any, can be apportioned.

So I think all we have to do is offer him a contract on equal or better terms than his contract and we are sue compensation wherever he goes as he is under 24. Only recent memory of this happening to us was with Cresswell and that didn't end up especially cheap.
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 2046 viewsBiGDonnie

Fcuk him. Enjoy playing with the kids for the rest of the season. Couple of goals in league two and all of a sudden you won't discuss a new contract? Silly boy.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:08 - Jan 28 with 2043 viewsgreyhound

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:02 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Yes, but if he (or his agent) was clever, they would be pushing that line to the club, not refusing to talk. At the very least, it might result in another loan.

It might be the case that Swindon don't really want to offer a permanent deal, or can't afford the price we might ask. Or we might have had plans to work him into our own First Team over the next couple of seasons after this one, so not wanting him to leave at all. The deal he wants might be unrealistic, in other words.

We don't know the full details, or the tone of what communications have passed between the two sides, so it's impossible to say where blame, if any, can be apportioned.

He shares an agency with mesut ozil according to transfer market.

Make of that what you will.

This whole situation is about the club showing who is in control as such.
That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 11:08 - Jan 28 with 2033 viewsDarth_Koont

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 11:04 - Jan 28 by mrshallisfit

What about fingering centipedes?

No money in that game. Believe me.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:09 - Jan 28 with 2039 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Disappointing news but sounds like it's just business from the club's perspective. Wonder why he would refuse to sign a new contract when he is clearly making progress? Ideas of starting for a different team in League One perhaps?
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:10 - Jan 28 with 2024 viewsGuthrum

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:48 - Jan 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

No benefit in cutting a successful loan short.

None at all*. Hence why I say things have already arrived in a bad place.

* Unless to bring them into the First Team setup. Clearly not, in this case.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 11:12]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:11 - Jan 28 with 2015 viewstractorboy1978

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:52 - Jan 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats a very old fashioned view.

Treat all players like adults and treat them well.

If he doesnt want to commit, sell him at the end of the season after a successful loan.

Must admit, I don't really see what we gain from him disappearing off the radar for the next 4 months if we want to ultimately sell him. Perhaps if we don't get a suitable permanent offer from Swindon then he will go back there on loan on deadline day.
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:13 - Jan 28 with 1992 viewsitfcsuth

If he is refusing, then I have no issue with leaving him with U18's for the time being.

Hopefully find a solution soon, but suspect we will look to move him on permanently.

A shame, but can't say it would be a huge loss at this stage.
Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:19 - Jan 28 with 1933 viewsEJP

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:53 - Jan 28 by hoppy

I know... it's always the same with this one, isn't it?!

Yeah, what has greyhound ever done for us?!
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:24 - Jan 28 with 1869 viewsitfcsuth

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:45 - Jan 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats nonsense.

If you get a reputation for treating young players like that, you wont get good young players.

On the flip, if you allow people to play games with you over contracts, it will happen time and time again.

You have to be firm with it send the message. To not even come to the table and talk us - what else do you expect us to do.

He stays with the U18's.
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:24 - Jan 28 with 1881 viewsdirtyboy

All seems very strange and whilst there are two sides to every story, supposedly deleting all Ipswich media is petulant and smacks of burning birdges which in my experience, haunts people for a long long time.

If that's what he's being advised, i'd be amazed, but he's young and we all thought we knew best back then!

I'd snap up his 1 year extension as his performances appear to have warranted so much and stick him back out on load for the remainder of the season.

If that's back at Swindon, all well and good...

Carry on doing what he does and we have a decent asset to sell (or indeed he may come good in a pre-season with McK).

All seems very short sighted, but i'm sure more details will be drip fed out of the coming weeks.
Tyreece Simpson update on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 1817 viewsBlueBlood90

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:24 - Jan 28 by dirtyboy

All seems very strange and whilst there are two sides to every story, supposedly deleting all Ipswich media is petulant and smacks of burning birdges which in my experience, haunts people for a long long time.

If that's what he's being advised, i'd be amazed, but he's young and we all thought we knew best back then!

I'd snap up his 1 year extension as his performances appear to have warranted so much and stick him back out on load for the remainder of the season.

If that's back at Swindon, all well and good...

Carry on doing what he does and we have a decent asset to sell (or indeed he may come good in a pre-season with McK).

All seems very short sighted, but i'm sure more details will be drip fed out of the coming weeks.

I've just had a thought, didn't Armando Dobra do the same thing and deleted all mention of ITFC on his social media etc during Cook's 'Demolition' phase?

Hopefully when tension has calmed down we can come to some sort of agreement where Simpson gets to rejoin Swindon on loan if he puts pen to paper on a new deal which protects us.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 11:42 - Jan 28 with 1764 viewsNthQldITFC

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 11:08 - Jan 28 by Darth_Koont

No money in that game. Believe me.

I got badly burned in that game once. It cost me an arm and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg, and a leg.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:56 - Jan 28 with 1688 viewsFixed_It

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:35 - Jan 28 by BlueBlood90

I've just had a thought, didn't Armando Dobra do the same thing and deleted all mention of ITFC on his social media etc during Cook's 'Demolition' phase?

Hopefully when tension has calmed down we can come to some sort of agreement where Simpson gets to rejoin Swindon on loan if he puts pen to paper on a new deal which protects us.

Well he's not got long to change his mind if he wants to go back this season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:58 - Jan 28 with 1671 viewsSharkey

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:20 - Jan 28 by GlasgowBlue

Why would a young player who is doing moderately well in a League 2 team not want to commit his future to a club that has attracted Premier League and Championship players under very ambitious owners?

I don't get the 'Premier League' player bit. It feels like unnecessary exaggeration if you mean Walton, who seems to be a decent Championship standard. Does anyone in the squad have Premier League experience? I mean Colchester fans don't pretend that Sears and George (who signed from Liverpool) are premiership players dropping down a notch or three because they're excited by the prospect.
Tyreece Simpson update on 12:03 - Jan 28 with 1630 viewsOriginalMarkyP

His agent has probably been telling him he's had some big scouts watching at Swindon and he's destined for greater things.

He's drunk the kool aid and bought into that narrative.

For me it's pretty simple. He's scored 11 odd goals in a divison that Freddie Sears has got 12 in and Aaron Drinan has 13 in. Even Oli Hawkins has 6 and he's made of wood and spent half his games at CB.

He's having a good season but he's not the next Mbappe.

If he doesn't want to play for us get rid.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:11 - Jan 28 with 1585 viewsJ2BLUE

I think calling it a punishment is a bit harsh.

If he doesn’t want to be here then we need to get a fee for him while we can. Even if we have an option his stock is probably quite high right now so we need to get a few hundred K to let him leave.

No negative option of Simpson at all, he’s a young player who wants to play. I wish him all the best but the club comes first. Ashton’s alleged £600k a year soon pays for itself with good decisions for the club.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 12:18]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:15 - Jan 28 with 1592 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm told that's not true re U18s. Clearly a public negotiation going on re contract. Won't play for the first team before Monday I would guess as that would limit his loan availability to the three-club rule.

This post has been edited by an administrator
That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 12:17 - Jan 28 with 1538 viewsBlueandTruesince82

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:07 - Jan 28 by Menton

Seems harsh on the guy but Ashton isn’t paid to f@ck spiders.

Lol. That's a phrase I shall be adopting

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:21 - Jan 28 with 1495 viewsclive_baker

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:35 - Jan 28 by BlueBlood90

Seem to remember Woolfenden doing something like that, but I don't take much notice of social media so might be wrong on that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 12:36 - Jan 28 with 1382 viewsArnieM

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:12 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

don't see why it's harsh.

Tyreece (or probably his agent) is being rather foolish here. Why would you not even sit down and discuss with Town.

Don't see what else Town can do in this situation.

He’s Gone down in my estimation now I’m afraid . Yet another example of a young player thinking they’re bigger than the club and forgetting who it was that has got them to where they are now .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:53 - Jan 28 with 1336 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson update on 10:48 - Jan 28 by clive_baker

It's not like he's asking to start on Saturday (I presume). To use your anaolgy, in any other organisation that 18 year old would be allowed to leave if they didn't enjoy where they were working. They wouldn't be demoted to cleaning the bogs and tied in for 18 months.

It's not altruism when clubs invest in young players, they do so to get a return and are more than happy to release players when it doesn't work out the other way. There are rules in place that protect clubs in the event players move on, if he did get offered terms and decided to leave on a free, whether it be in 18 months time, it would go to a tribunal and the club would be compensated.

It's a difficult one but I imagine he's just had a bit of smoke blown up him at Swindon, really enjoyed it, and wants to move there on a permanent deal at the soonest opportunity. I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign an extension in that situation either, he needs to do what's right for him.

Don’t get many 18 year olds scoring a dozen goals in L2 and leading the line for a decent side - if he’s going to go anywhere permanently it’d certainly be upwards from here - prob a Brighton or a Brentford would snap him up

Both sides just flexing muscles but ultimately we have the cards to win this round of poker

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:52 - Jan 28 with 1140 viewsChurchman

Don’t know the bloke. Might be the sharpest chisel in the box, great lad etc or he might not be. It’s irrelevant. If he doesn’t want to be here, trigger his additional contract year and get shot of him as soon as possible.
That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 14:03 - Jan 28 with 1082 viewsArnieM

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 10:12 - Jan 28 by N2_Blue

don't see why it's harsh.

Tyreece (or probably his agent) is being rather foolish here. Why would you not even sit down and discuss with Town.

Don't see what else Town can do in this situation.

It’s down to greed once spect I suspect. If his counteract runs out in the summer and he’s not signed an extension he probably gets a much bigger signing on fee when he signs for Swindon. Stinks of agent intervention .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 14:06 - Jan 28 with 1071 viewsDarth_Koont

That was the suggestion on the Kings of Anglia podcast too on 14:03 - Jan 28 by ArnieM

It’s down to greed once spect I suspect. If his counteract runs out in the summer and he’s not signed an extension he probably gets a much bigger signing on fee when he signs for Swindon. Stinks of agent intervention .

To be fair, I think it could also be about his future career.

A club’s interests aren’t always aligned with a player’s interests. Especially when they’re realistically nowhere near our first team.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024