Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Renegade Statman says... 11:48 - Mar 22 with 4177 viewsOriginalMarkyP

KD will tell all on his youtube page?

Interesting clickbait.

Seems from the clip he shared KD is right behind the club pushing for playoffs. So I imagine he wouldn't say anything to hurt the club.

Well, we'll see I guess.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:15 - Mar 22 with 3485 viewsParsley

I don't think it's clickbait as the video is what is being described (I assume so anyway)

If the title was 'You won't believe Keiron Dyer's top 10 SHOCKING reasons why he was forced out of his boyhood club' then I'd agree
So Renegade Statman says... on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 3443 viewsSheffordBlue

I know it was a teaser but he did say it was to dispell the 'health reasons' are behind it rumours that had sprung up.

Not sure why he couldn't put up the whole video straight way - maybe editing it a bit - but he did say it was just that he didn't have the time.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:28 - Mar 22 with 3368 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:19 - Mar 22 by SheffordBlue

I know it was a teaser but he did say it was to dispell the 'health reasons' are behind it rumours that had sprung up.

Not sure why he couldn't put up the whole video straight way - maybe editing it a bit - but he did say it was just that he didn't have the time.

Or more likely he’s just trying to build it up a bit. Loves a bit of attention does that bloke

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:37 - Mar 22 with 3289 viewstextbackup

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:19 - Mar 22 by SheffordBlue

He’s doing it for the same reason the TT prat’s are biggin up an arguement, they want attention, and people viewing what they saying.

It scares me anyone with any brain cells gives these guys the time of day.
Shame Watson etc didn’t get hold of KD first to interview him, as trained skilled journalists, they would have done a job 10 times better than these other drips

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:41 - Mar 22 with 3221 viewsFPL_Tractor

So Renegade Statman says... on 12:37 - Mar 22 by textbackup

He’s doing it for the same reason the TT prat’s are biggin up an arguement, they want attention, and people viewing what they saying.

Shame Watson etc didn’t get hold of KD first to interview him, as trained skilled journalists, they would have done a job 10 times better than these other drips

I thought Watson and Dyer were relatively close too.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:01 - Mar 22 with 3090 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Bit strange of KD to do this with RS, particularly as Stat no longer involved in a podcast.
Having said that he did a good job with the Jim Magilton interview a while back.
Unfair to compare him with TT though

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:02 - Mar 22 with 3077 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Yeah it's literally that isnt it. Only player interviews ill listen to are from KOA or blue monday, the rest just do it so that someone else can't
So Renegade Statman says... on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 3022 viewsitfcjoe

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:02 - Mar 22 by abracaDOBRA_

Yeah it's literally that isnt it. Only player interviews ill listen to are from KOA or blue monday, the rest just do it so that someone else can't

The one that Statman did with Jim Magilton was fantastic, he definitely deserves a chance based on that - if he does half as good a job with Dyer it will be well worth listening to.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:46 - Mar 22 with 2795 viewsstarofanglia

Bit embarrassing for the local pro journalists to be beaten to this by a YouTube vlogger tbh
So Renegade Statman says... on 14:23 - Mar 22 with 2578 viewshomer_123

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:46 - Mar 22 by starofanglia

Bit embarrassing for the local pro journalists to be beaten to this by a YouTube vlogger tbh

Really - I don't think so at all. More a sign of the times - it's is easily possible that a blogger/vlogger would have a greater reader/viewership than a local journo these days.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So Renegade Statman says... on 14:31 - Mar 22 with 2516 viewsberkstractorboy

So Renegade Statman says... on 14:23 - Mar 22 by homer_123

Really - I don't think so at all. More a sign of the times - it's is easily possible that a blogger/vlogger would have a greater reader/viewership than a local journo these days.

The latest snippet from RS is KD talking about Simpson and not liking the negativity and speculation from fans on social media as that would impact a young lad. I wonder if fan negativity is anything to do with this, we will find out from 6pm and it says a 90 min interview!! But negativity comes with any set of fans.
So Renegade Statman says... on 15:05 - Mar 22 with 2298 viewsVaughan8

Maybe its a sign of the times and i'm not up with it yet, but why the "big secret" and now the "big reveal".

Why not just put out a statement when the club did saying the reasons, or am I missing something?

From the clips sounds like could be related to treatment of Simpson? I can't believe its due to "negativity" as that is at every club.
So Renegade Statman says... on 15:21 - Mar 22 with 2193 viewsParky

Don’t think he’d ever publicly badmouth the club, he’s very intelligent and also a local lad, so will still have our best interests at heart.

From what I was told, he asked a little while ago what progression there was for him at Ipswich and if there was ever a chance for him to ever step-up into the first team. Ashton apparently told him no and the club have a long-term plan already in place.

It’s a shame we’re letting somebody thought of so highly just leave the building and no doubt, he will go on to do well somewhere else. Fair play to him for wanting to better himself and wherever he ends up, I wish him great success.
So Renegade Statman says... on 15:43 - Mar 22 with 2032 viewsSitfcB

Harsh. Statman gets some hard bad press from people imo. He’s not like Cruncher and the like at all.

He knows his stuff and think his YouTube channel will be a success with interviews etc won’t be half as much content as talking town but it’ll be a lot better!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So Renegade Statman says... on 15:45 - Mar 22 with 2018 viewsberkstractorboy

So Renegade Statman says... on 15:21 - Mar 22 by Parky

Don’t think he’d ever publicly badmouth the club, he’s very intelligent and also a local lad, so will still have our best interests at heart.

From what I was told, he asked a little while ago what progression there was for him at Ipswich and if there was ever a chance for him to ever step-up into the first team. Ashton apparently told him no and the club have a long-term plan already in place.

It’s a shame we’re letting somebody thought of so highly just leave the building and no doubt, he will go on to do well somewhere else. Fair play to him for wanting to better himself and wherever he ends up, I wish him great success.

Seems a strange one from Ashton to say that and I think he would as likes to have his own people around. Ashton is big on community connections, what better way than a club legend like KD to help foster those connections. To simply rule out that KD could make it into the first team set-up seems short-sighted IMO keep him on and give him hope and see how we develops further as a coach/manager.
So Renegade Statman says... on 16:09 - Mar 22 with 1939 viewsParky

So Renegade Statman says... on 15:45 - Mar 22 by berkstractorboy

Seems a strange one from Ashton to say that and I think he would as likes to have his own people around. Ashton is big on community connections, what better way than a club legend like KD to help foster those connections. To simply rule out that KD could make it into the first team set-up seems short-sighted IMO keep him on and give him hope and see how we develops further as a coach/manager.

It’s a tricky one, because if there isn’t any chance of progression here, then I’m sure Dyer would rather Ashton being honest rather than stringing along in false hope. That said, it seems a great shame to see someone who is clearly very highly thought of, just walk out the door.
So Renegade Statman says... on 16:41 - Mar 22 with 1843 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Renegade Statman says... on 13:10 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

The one that Statman did with Jim Magilton was fantastic, he definitely deserves a chance based on that - if he does half as good a job with Dyer it will be well worth listening to.

I've watched bits and pieces in between work and it's a good interview.

Stat has a very good interview technique. He puts his subject at ease and remembers that he has two ears and one mouth, so uses them proportionately.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Renegade Statman says... on 16:56 - Mar 22 with 1787 viewstextbackup

So Renegade Statman says... on 15:43 - Mar 22 by SitfcB

Harsh. Statman gets some hard bad press from people imo. He’s not like Cruncher and the like at all.

He knows his stuff and think his YouTube channel will be a success with interviews etc won’t be half as much content as talking town but it’ll be a lot better!

I hope it is a success for him, got nothing against him, as I said in Twitter to him.

Did we need a negative story from an ex under 23 coach? At a time when PO seem out of reach and the feel good factor could be a bit on edge? Personally no I don’t think we did.

That’s why I’m more annoyed.

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:16 - Mar 22 with 1728 viewsN2_Blue

So Renegade Statman says... on 16:56 - Mar 22 by textbackup

I hope it is a success for him, got nothing against him, as I said in Twitter to him.

Did we need a negative story from an ex under 23 coach? At a time when PO seem out of reach and the feel good factor could be a bit on edge? Personally no I don’t think we did.

That’s why I’m more annoyed.

100% agree with this.

I love KD, a proper Town player and local lad. I understand he may be disappointed not to have been given a chance here but im sure he can also understand why considering he has no first team management experience.

I'm very surprised at the timing of why he has done this and it's a real shame to potentially put anything out negative. It's a poor from KD in my person experience and does leave a bad taste which is a bit unfortunate.

He should have waited until end of season. If he had to resign now due to potential work prospects elsewhere, he could have made a statement saying the decision was nothing to do with health and just for personal aspirations and that he'd reveal more in a full piece when the season was over. Then he could say all this without damaging morale and feel good factor about the club during the playing season.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 17:22]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:21 - Mar 22 with 1699 viewsDyland

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:16 - Mar 22 by N2_Blue

100% agree with this.

I love KD, a proper Town player and local lad. I understand he may be disappointed not to have been given a chance here but im sure he can also understand why considering he has no first team management experience.

I'm very surprised at the timing of why he has done this and it's a real shame to potentially put anything out negative. It's a poor from KD in my person experience and does leave a bad taste which is a bit unfortunate.

He should have waited until end of season. If he had to resign now due to potential work prospects elsewhere, he could have made a statement saying the decision was nothing to do with health and just for personal aspirations and that he'd reveal more in a full piece when the season was over. Then he could say all this without damaging morale and feel good factor about the club during the playing season.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 17:22]

I think some of you are being massive fannies, extrapolating and hand wringing like a bunch of neurotic 14 year olds :)

It's just an interview.

Good effort by Statman as well, he's good.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 1668 viewstextbackup

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:21 - Mar 22 by Dyland

I think some of you are being massive fannies, extrapolating and hand wringing like a bunch of neurotic 14 year olds :)

It's just an interview.

Good effort by Statman as well, he's good.

How would that be anyone being a Fanny?

Loves the club so much that he’ll do a bit of a negative interview when club is on a high.

Personally just don’t get it

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:25 - Mar 22 with 1671 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's thrown his toys out the pram to quit suddenly over this imo. Showing his mentality from his younger days are not in the past, he will lose alot of the credit he was gaining as u23 manager imo.

Some things are best kept secret or when released do so at the right time this isn't it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:31 - Mar 22 with 1629 viewsDyland

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:25 - Mar 22 by textbackup

How would that be anyone being a Fanny?

Loves the club so much that he’ll do a bit of a negative interview when club is on a high.

Personally just don’t get it

It's only negative in the sense he's leaving the club. I don't think there's anything that casts aspersions on the current set-up. It's just a difference of opinion, if you take the the emotional ties with KD out of it.

All this 'fly on the wall' immediate news and interview stuff is still anathema to me tbh, so actually I hate this! But you have to contextualise it innit.

Dear oh dear on 17:41 - Mar 22 with 1583 viewsDyland

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:25 - Mar 22 by FrimleyBlue

He's thrown his toys out the pram to quit suddenly over this imo. Showing his mentality from his younger days are not in the past, he will lose alot of the credit he was gaining as u23 manager imo.

Some things are best kept secret or when released do so at the right time this isn't it.

Not over-dramatic at all.

So Renegade Statman says... on 17:44 - Mar 22 with 1567 viewsstarofanglia

So Renegade Statman says... on 14:23 - Mar 22 by homer_123

Not disputing that at all but a full time professional journalist should have more connections and therefore better access to info in order to break these news stories before a xlogger.

Fair play to Statman though, I like his work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024