Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. 10:12 - Mar 23 with 3913 viewsunstableblue

… look at the massive away support for the top of the table team!?

With a stadium capacity of 5200.

Good on them I say. But we really are in the lower leagues.

PS - this will remain a bloody hard league to get out of next season, confident in McKenna, especially with some attacking additions, but it won’t be a given, and we’ll need to come out of the blocks flying, and teams will play very deep against us

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 14:11 - Mar 23 with 558 viewsKeno

Nice new ground

looking forward too trying a steak pie there

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 14:31 - Mar 23 with 544 viewsclive_baker

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 13:23 - Mar 23 by itfc_bucks

If Dobra, Simpson, Harper and el Miz are anywhere near the picture next season, I'll be beyond stunned.

Holy is a lovely bloke but is probably a goner. Kenlock and Nors are probably both done for as well. Not sure if Carroll is out of contract, is that confirmed? In any case, I suspect he'll get another 12 months out of McKenna. Like you, I'd like to see Aluko retained. It'd have to be a good deal to take on Celina - I just don't see enough consistency or desire to do the dirty work.

And it's the grafting, dirty work that gets you out of shthole leagues like this.

Wouldn't surprise me if Harper, Pigott and Hladky moved on, assuming there were suitors willing to pay their wages and a bit of a transfer fee to recoup some of what we spent on them (well, 2 of them).

Carroll I think signed a 1 year deal when he joined, and while he's done OK I'm not sure he'll stay, but guess that depends on his salary expectations.

I think Holy, Kenlock and Norwood are almost certainly off, I can't see a case for any of them getting an extension given how little chance they've been given under KM. Jackson is debatable and maybe depends on the injury to some extent, and who else might be available.

While nothing like last summer, it could still see some change. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 out (including loans).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 14:59 - Mar 23 with 487 viewstractorboy1978

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 13:23 - Mar 23 by itfc_bucks

If Dobra, Simpson, Harper and el Miz are anywhere near the picture next season, I'll be beyond stunned.

Holy is a lovely bloke but is probably a goner. Kenlock and Nors are probably both done for as well. Not sure if Carroll is out of contract, is that confirmed? In any case, I suspect he'll get another 12 months out of McKenna. Like you, I'd like to see Aluko retained. It'd have to be a good deal to take on Celina - I just don't see enough consistency or desire to do the dirty work.

And it's the grafting, dirty work that gets you out of shthole leagues like this.

Your comment about Celina is absolutely laughable.
We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 16:16 - Mar 23 with 445 viewspeterleeblue

I'm looking forward to the Vegan Burgers.
We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 16:31 - Mar 23 with 439 viewsOsborneOneNil

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 14:59 - Mar 23 by tractorboy1978

Your comment about Celina is absolutely laughable.

Frightening, isn’t it.
We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 375 viewsStewart27

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 12:31 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

We SHOULD have been pissing it. Those 'underachievers' managed long unbeaten runs and were sat close to the top despite the drag factors of Lambert and Cook.

The fact that we DIDN'T piss the league is a testimony to how badly we've been managed and run over the past 4 years.

Nah.

They were sh1te.

Most are close to dropping out of league 2 now.
We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 05:02 - Mar 24 with 301 viewsbournemouthblue

They're one of these nouveau riche clubs with no real pedigree but they are run so well, they can outperform far bigger and more established clubs

See also Salford, Fleetwood who are perhaps the best example of any club of this scale and maybe the larger version is Brentford who have developed into a genuine force
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 5:03]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 07:13 - Mar 24 with 286 viewsLeaky

We’re probably going to be playing Forest Green Rovers next season…. on 12:35 - Mar 23 by Radlett_blue

I won't echo "good on them" because they've risen up through the leagues largely by spending more than they earn every season, backed by a rich man or man pursuing his dream ,whatever your point of view. Once he loses interest, they will go into admin and/or collapse back through the leagues, or be dissolved like Rushden & Diamonds.

I agree the similarity with Rushden & Diamonds though from the past you can include Boston & Histon all being simila.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024