Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Grant joining as a coach 15:10 - May 26 with 4290 viewsTomTheWriter

https://theathletic.com/news/lee-grant-to-join-ipswich-town/8Ct02e8fweCY/?source

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:12 - May 26 with 3214 viewsKieran_Knows

Interesting move. Wonder whether he'll help out with keepers as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:19 - May 26 with 3120 viewsBonneNIL

Manure is a club rotten to the core and is failing utterly. I am not particularly confident that hiring their ex-players as coaches, or bringing in their kids is going to benefit us.

Grant played just a couple of games for Manure and was only ever a lower league stopper himself. It's a bit like the Gary Roberts thing, just what is this guy bringing to the table other than needing a job and McKenna giving him one? Who's looking at this? Paul Cook brought in a vastly underqualified coaching team and it hurt badly, if we aren't going to learn from that then we will run into the same problems.

No more jobs for the boys, and that's including our own. We should be going out and getting the best coaches, not hiring an ex Manure reserve keeper because he needs a job now.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:20 - May 26 with 3088 viewsSheffordBlue

Interesting article here about him working on his coaching badges.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/lee-grant-putting-in-the-work-to-become-a-

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:20 - May 26 with 3072 viewsKieran_Knows

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:23 - May 26 with 3011 viewsScottCandage

It seems a little weird that a keeper is going to be working mainly with the forwards. I'm sure that Grant will be familiar with the strategies that McK knows from ManU, and can help implement them. But I would have thought Grant would work with the goalies.

It is interesting.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 1:08]
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:24 - May 26 with 2988 viewsBlueStreak

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:19 - May 26 by BonneNIL

Manure is a club rotten to the core and is failing utterly. I am not particularly confident that hiring their ex-players as coaches, or bringing in their kids is going to benefit us.

Grant played just a couple of games for Manure and was only ever a lower league stopper himself. It's a bit like the Gary Roberts thing, just what is this guy bringing to the table other than needing a job and McKenna giving him one? Who's looking at this? Paul Cook brought in a vastly underqualified coaching team and it hurt badly, if we aren't going to learn from that then we will run into the same problems.

No more jobs for the boys, and that's including our own. We should be going out and getting the best coaches, not hiring an ex Manure reserve keeper because he needs a job now.

You think he actually needs a job?

McKenna has hardly been a failure. Chill out. Typical fan being negative before knowing anything about it all. Pathetic.

Btw - utterly failing? I wish we were utterly failing like Man United have over the last 30 years.
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:26 - May 26 with 2961 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe, just maybe, McKenna knows more than you do.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:27 - May 26 with 2931 viewsitfcjoe

He’s already got his A Licence, was hoping to be on next cohort of Pro Licence and is doing the LMA qualification in football management and working towards a Business degree currently

That’s hardly jobs for the boys like we saw last season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:27 - May 26 with 2917 viewsSTYG

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:23 - May 26 by ScottCandage

It seems a little weird that a keeper is going to be working mainly with the forwards. I'm sure that Grant will be familiar with the strategies that McK knows from ManU, and can help implement them. But I would have thought Grant would work with the goalies.

It is interesting.

What's this got to do with Evans?

I assume you meant Grant!

I read an article a few years back that more and more top clubs were allowing goalkeeper coaches to spend times with the forwards to help them identify how the goalkeeper would see things, position themselves, when they would gamble etc and this was to help the forwards gain narrow margins in their decision making.

I would imagine it's incredibly helpful to have a top young coach with all the badges, who has been a goalkeeper at both the highest level and lower leagues and is praised for his character and communication, helping our forwards determine where they may have a 10% higher chance of converting a chance.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 15:30]
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:28 - May 26 with 2908 viewsmo_itfc

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:26 - May 26 by Illinoisblue

Maybe, just maybe, McKenna knows more than you do.

Maybe not??

Has anyone thought about hiring the collective minds of TWTD as first-team coaches?!

Imagine the carnage...

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:28 - May 26 with 2892 viewsFBI

1. Nope. Not this.
2. Manure? How old are you?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:30 - May 26 with 2838 viewsclive_baker

That's a little unfair given Grant wouldn't have signed for United to be anything more than a back up, and probably had half an eye on his path into coaching when moving there. Also you don't sign a goalkeeping coach based on their credentials as a goalkeeper, or David Seaman would be taking more calls from Premier League clubs than he does from Dancing on Ice. That said, lets not forget Grant spent his whole career at a higher level than we're currently operating at.

He's clerly been recruited because McKenna rates him as a coach having worked with him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:30 - May 26 with 2837 viewssaffers12

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:27 - May 26 by itfcjoe

He’s already got his A Licence, was hoping to be on next cohort of Pro Licence and is doing the LMA qualification in football management and working towards a Business degree currently

That’s hardly jobs for the boys like we saw last season

Joe you know so much more about coaching qualifications, if so many are getting their A Licences does that not mean we have so many with the same level of knowledge, where is are the different coaches, if the curriculum is the same for all?
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:32 - May 26 with 2802 viewsGarv

Maybe McKenna (and the club) has more to go on than your wild theory that Lee Grant is a clone of Gary Roberts.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:32 - May 26 with 2802 viewsKieran_Knows

Clearly it didn't work for Cook, regarding his staff, but you can see why he initially had Roberts with him, he had signed him 2/3 times previous and obviously wanted someone with him who he could trust, whilst he couldn't get his assistant.

Craney, for as much as people will go 'duh, kitman', was a very good coach and well liked by the players from what I heard, so think there's been some really unfair criticism on him.

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:33 - May 26 with 2767 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:30 - May 26 by saffers12

Joe you know so much more about coaching qualifications, if so many are getting their A Licences does that not mean we have so many with the same level of knowledge, where is are the different coaches, if the curriculum is the same for all?

They teach you how to coach, how to run engaging sessions, how to manage people and the like - not what to coach. How to prepare sessions, different facets of it all.

To have his A license he must have had to do significant time on the grass

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:33 - May 26 with 2745 viewsBlueandTruesince82

He spent most of his career in the Championship and PL though didn't he

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:34 - May 26 with 2728 viewssaffers12

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:33 - May 26 by itfcjoe

They teach you how to coach, how to run engaging sessions, how to manage people and the like - not what to coach. How to prepare sessions, different facets of it all.

To have his A license he must have had to do significant time on the grass

ah ok thanks for information
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:40 - May 26 with 2640 viewshomer_123

It is interesting.

Not weird at all. Defenders for example can make very good coaches for forwards, helping them to understand how to make their runs, movements and positioning more difficult for defenders.

No different for Keepers to be able to provide similar advice etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:40 - May 26 with 2639 viewsStokieBlue

You an Elephant should have your own thread and we can all see how negative it can get with you feeding each other.

A small possibility that it could even generate it's own gravity and become a negativity singularity.

SB
[Post edited 26 May 2022 15:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:40 - May 26 with 2641 viewsITFC_Josh

It is interesting.

How’s it weird? It makes perfect sense. Who knows about the weakness of a GK to improve strikers and give them tips on how and where to finish….a GK. He’s gone through all of his qualifications like the rest of all the coaches, he just happened to be a good GK during his career.
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:47 - May 26 with 2528 viewsBiGDonnie

Shut up

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:52 - May 26 with 2471 viewsMookamoo

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:40 - May 26 by ITFC_Josh

How’s it weird? It makes perfect sense. Who knows about the weakness of a GK to improve strikers and give them tips on how and where to finish….a GK. He’s gone through all of his qualifications like the rest of all the coaches, he just happened to be a good GK during his career.

Pretty common in the NFL. They will look for ex-defensive players to coach the offence and vice versa.
Lee Grant joining as a coach on 15:55 - May 26 with 2411 viewschicoazul

As long as he can carry out the important dual roles of baker and kit man he’ll be fine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lee Grant joining as a coach on 17:17 - May 26 with 2019 viewsFrimleyBlue

A potentially interesting development this.

Yes I know non league is nothing compared to higher levels, but even so there's been a big increase in gks working with strikers compared to previous years. It should also help abit with set pieces, helping strikers to understand the restrictions a GK has during a corner and what the danger areas for the strikers are.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024