Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaclav Hldacky 14:47 - Jun 10 with 2150 viewsScotBlue

As a new member this board [Treat me kind please] and living North of the border unfortuantely I get to see very little of the blues. I do keep reading however that there is talk that Hldacky might move on as he does not want to stay second fiddle to Walton who I think would be one of the first names down on anyones team sheet currently. This would then lead us to finding another reserve keeper or would it? Not having seen any of the matches is there one of th U23 that could step up or is it possible that the club could convince Lee Grant to put the gloves back on again. Not sure how easy it is going to be to sign a keeper that is only going to play papa johns games. As people closer to the action what are your thoughts?
Vaclav Hldacky on 14:49 - Jun 10 with 2105 viewsmarkchips

I would expect Hayes may get involved.
Vaclav Hldacky on 14:50 - Jun 10 with 2095 viewsBlueandTruesince82

There is usually some aging but capable keepers who are happy to play 2nd fiddle, I think we'd fine someone

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Vaclav Hldacky on 14:59 - Jun 10 with 2039 viewsitfcjoe

I think having a second choice keeper who will play 6-7 cup games and on bench for every game is pretty normal and shouldn't be too difficult to find - ither a young keeper on loan who gets experience of first team football or an older more experienced head

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:14 - Jun 10 with 1946 viewsScotBlue

Vaclav Hldacky on 14:59 - Jun 10 by itfcjoe

I think having a second choice keeper who will play 6-7 cup games and on bench for every game is pretty normal and shouldn't be too difficult to find - ither a young keeper on loan who gets experience of first team football or an older more experienced head

itfcjoe - take your point but was wondering if we had anyone perhaps in the U23 that would fit the bill. This would then show progression from the academy without the costs involved with a loan.
Vaclav Hldacky on 15:21 - Jun 10 with 1898 viewsitfcjoe

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:14 - Jun 10 by ScotBlue

itfcjoe - take your point but was wondering if we had anyone perhaps in the U23 that would fit the bill. This would then show progression from the academy without the costs involved with a loan.

Nick Hayes is next in line, but at 23 he has no league experience - played a number of games in Non League, but it's a big ask to step up that much.

We tend to travel with 3 keepers so he is in and around it, but think if Hladky goes we'd get one more in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:22 - Jun 10 with 1895 viewsDJR

I've always thought it wouldn't be a bad thing to be a second-fiddle goalkeeper because you get to be part of every matchday squad, and go into every game with the possibility (however unlikely) that you will get on because the main keeper will be injured. Better that than a Bailey Clements or El Miz. Perhaps it is partly this which means that there are more decent takers for the role than you would think.
What's your favorite cheese? (n/t) on 15:29 - Jun 10 with 1839 viewsScottCandage

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:35 - Jun 10 with 1814 viewsParky

Vaclav Hldacky on 14:49 - Jun 10 by markchips

I would expect Hayes may get involved.

Apparently he’s been told he will be, if he does well in pre-season.
Login to get fewer ads

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:36 - Jun 10 with 1797 viewsGeoffSentence

Vaclav Hldacky on 14:50 - Jun 10 by BlueandTruesince82

There is usually some aging but capable keepers who are happy to play 2nd fiddle, I think we'd fine someone

Richard Wright

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:45 - Jun 10 with 1752 viewsDJR

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:35 - Jun 10 by Parky

Apparently he’s been told he will be, if he does well in pre-season.

Is he good with his feet? I imagine this is something McKenna would look for in a keeper, and it is the one thing that lets Walton down a bit.
Vaclav Hldacky on 15:46 - Jun 10 with 1740 viewsJ2BLUE

Vaclav Hldacky on 15:14 - Jun 10 by ScotBlue

I doubt the owners are going to leave us short of senior cover for the sake of a back up keeper.

Two senior keepers is an absolute minimum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vaclav Hldacky on 20:09 - Jun 10 with 1412 viewssolemio

North of the border: I assumed you meant Norfolk until I noticed your user name.

Welcome, by the way.
Vaclav Hldacky on 22:05 - Jun 10 with 1235 viewsjeera

Vaclav Hldacky on 20:09 - Jun 10 by solemio

North of the border: I assumed you meant Norfolk until I noticed your user name.

Welcome, by the way.

Not "Save yourself while you still can"?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vaclav Hldacky on 14:50 - Jun 11 with 904 viewssolemio

Vaclav Hldacky on 22:05 - Jun 10 by jeera

Not "Save yourself while you still can"?

You may have a point there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024