Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 23:31 - Aug 16 with 5000 viewsjoey_itfc

Left out of QPR squad tonight and confirmed he wasn’t injured. Beale didn’t exactly shut it down when asked if Bonne could leave… have we been in discussions with QPR at all, Phil?
Macauley Bonne on 23:33 - Aug 16 with 3685 viewsJ2BLUE

I was just looking at the same. Hirst looks to be signing a new deal and then this.

Mildly interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Macauley Bonne on 01:24 - Aug 17 with 3319 viewsibbleobble

I hope so. He’d be an excellent alternative to Ladapo and one is rather see start.
Macauley Bonne on 08:32 - Aug 17 with 2777 viewsStokieBlue

I really don't understand the pining for Bonne.

The purple patch at the start of the season aside, he didn't actually look very good and was as complicit as Norwood at missing all the chances Celina laid on for him.

It's great he's a fan but I don't really want him back as a player.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Macauley Bonne on 08:35 - Aug 17 with 2738 viewsportmanking

Macauley Bonne on 01:24 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

I hope so. He’d be an excellent alternative to Ladapo and one is rather see start.

He'd be a dreadful alternative to Ladapo.

If we're persisting with two 10s, we need someone that'll make the ball stick up top. Bonne is not that man. In fact, you can see why McKenna is so keen on Hirst for that role because he would definitely be the perfect foil for the likes of Chaplin and Harness.
Macauley Bonne on 08:43 - Aug 17 with 2673 viewsstopmoaning

Bring Pablo back, imagine him holding up the ball for Chaplin, Harness etc.
Macauley Bonne on 09:00 - Aug 17 with 2560 viewsibbleobble

Macauley Bonne on 08:35 - Aug 17 by portmanking

If we're persisting with two 10s, we need someone that'll make the ball stick up top. Bonne is not that man. In fact, you can see why McKenna is so keen on Hirst for that role because he would definitely be the perfect foil for the likes of Chaplin and Harness.

Bonne’s hold up play is fine and he’s far better in the air than people give him credit for. His Achilles heel is timing his runs properly. I’d argue he’s better than Ladapo but that ship has sailed.
Macauley Bonne on 09:35 - Aug 17 with 2374 viewsWallingford_Boy

Macauley Bonne on 08:32 - Aug 17 by StokieBlue

I really don't understand the pining for Bonne.

The purple patch at the start of the season aside, he didn't actually look very good and was as complicit as Norwood at missing all the chances Celina laid on for him.

It's great he's a fan but I don't really want him back as a player.

SB

But, but.... he's one of our own!

RIP Sir Bobby

Macauley Bonne on 09:38 - Aug 17 with 2335 viewshoppy

Macauley Bonne on 08:35 - Aug 17 by portmanking

I'm sure someone has probably posted it somewhere, sometime already... but what are the combined stats for Harness and Hirst in their games together last season for Pompey, in terms of assists and goals, and how many of them were an assist for the other etc?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 09:41 - Aug 17 with 2307 viewsportmanking

Macauley Bonne on 09:38 - Aug 17 by hoppy

I'm sure someone has probably posted it somewhere, sometime already... but what are the combined stats for Harness and Hirst in their games together last season for Pompey, in terms of assists and goals, and how many of them were an assist for the other etc?

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. However, there was a Hirst YouTube compilation and he and Harness linked up on numerous occasions on that vid.
Macauley Bonne on 09:46 - Aug 17 with 2248 viewsMach_foreignBlue

If he hadn't said he was a Town fan people wouldn't be doing threads like this. Time and time again it is all about sentiments for some as the sentiments are one of the main traits of this fanbase.

He did nothing between January and April so it has got to be firm NO. We need a proper striker.
Macauley Bonne on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 2223 viewsJ2BLUE

Macauley Bonne on 09:46 - Aug 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

If he hadn't said he was a Town fan people wouldn't be doing threads like this. Time and time again it is all about sentiments for some as the sentiments are one of the main traits of this fanbase.

He did nothing between January and April so it has got to be firm NO. We need a proper striker.

Threads like this? The OP is asking if we could be in for him not saying we should be bringing him back.

Truly impaired.

Macauley Bonne on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 2191 viewsFunge

Sentiments are the main traits of every fanbase; naturally people cut Bonne a little more slack as he's a Chantry boy, who loves the club.

Is he right for where we're going? Probably not. If he comes back, though, I hope that he tears it up.
Macauley Bonne on 09:50 - Aug 17 with 2188 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Macauley Bonne on 09:48 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

Threads like this? The OP is asking if we could be in for him not saying we should be bringing him back.

There have been a few threads about him this summer and it is just another one.
Macauley Bonne on 09:51 - Aug 17 with 2164 viewsportmanking

Macauley Bonne on 09:00 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

Bonne’s hold up play is fine and he’s far better in the air than people give him credit for. His Achilles heel is timing his runs properly. I’d argue he’s better than Ladapo but that ship has sailed.

It really isn't fine. It's nowhere near his strongest attribute - and we NEED our number 9 to be an exceptional hold up player. It keeps play in the opposition's half and allows our defensive line to shift higher.

For McKenna to label Bonne as a "Bash Brother" along with Norwood tells you all you need to know. There's no deftness to his game. He'll work the channels and get in behind, but he won't link play.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 9:52]
Macauley Bonne on 09:55 - Aug 17 with 2123 viewsFunge

Macauley Bonne on 09:51 - Aug 17 by portmanking

It really isn't fine. It's nowhere near his strongest attribute - and we NEED our number 9 to be an exceptional hold up player. It keeps play in the opposition's half and allows our defensive line to shift higher.

For McKenna to label Bonne as a "Bash Brother" along with Norwood tells you all you need to know. There's no deftness to his game. He'll work the channels and get in behind, but he won't link play.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 9:52]

Sorry - his goals against MK and Wycombe last year were as deft as they come, albeit in different styles.

People don't want him here, and it seems unlikely he'll come - but he's a fair player.
Macauley Bonne on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 2107 viewsJ2BLUE

Macauley Bonne on 09:50 - Aug 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

There have been a few threads about him this summer and it is just another one.

It's about something specific. Also the thread title is literally 'Macauley Bonne'. If you don't want to read about Macauley Bonne don't click a thread with the title 'Macauley Bonne'.

Truly impaired.

Macauley Bonne on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 2101 viewsibbleobble

Bit of a basic assessment that though surely? McKenna could barely get anything out of Pigott, Jackson, Norwood or Bonne. He’s jogged three of them on and replaced them with John-Jules and Ladapo who are yet to find the net, competitively.

Bonne’s goals dried up when we stopped doing the things he thrived off ie: balls across the box from getting in behind the full backs, early balls into the box to feed off or quick counter balls over the top. Dismissing a purple patch just as a purple patch is also a bit simplistic and the addition of Thompson was counter-productive.

I’m a Bonne fan and would like to see him back. He’ll miss a few but his opportunism makes up for those misses. If Ladapo doesn’t start scoring soon, I can see the confidence draining from him quickly so here’s he hoping he does.
Macauley Bonne on 09:56 - Aug 17 with 2086 viewsportmanking

Macauley Bonne on 09:55 - Aug 17 by Funge

Sorry - his goals against MK and Wycombe last year were as deft as they come, albeit in different styles.

People don't want him here, and it seems unlikely he'll come - but he's a fair player.

He won't score another goal like that MK one in his career ever again - outstanding first touch and finish, granted.

He's still not the deft number 9 that we need, though.
Macauley Bonne on 09:58 - Aug 17 with 2066 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Macauley Bonne on 09:56 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

It's about something specific. Also the thread title is literally 'Macauley Bonne'. If you don't want to read about Macauley Bonne don't click a thread with the title 'Macauley Bonne'.

How smart you are. Thank you for lecturing me as to what I should do but I will make my own choice.
Macauley Bonne on 10:00 - Aug 17 with 2041 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Macauley Bonne on 09:56 - Aug 17 by ibbleobble

Bit of a basic assessment that though surely? McKenna could barely get anything out of Pigott, Jackson, Norwood or Bonne. He’s jogged three of them on and replaced them with John-Jules and Ladapo who are yet to find the net, competitively.

Bonne’s goals dried up when we stopped doing the things he thrived off ie: balls across the box from getting in behind the full backs, early balls into the box to feed off or quick counter balls over the top. Dismissing a purple patch just as a purple patch is also a bit simplistic and the addition of Thompson was counter-productive.

I’m a Bonne fan and would like to see him back. He’ll miss a few but his opportunism makes up for those misses. If Ladapo doesn’t start scoring soon, I can see the confidence draining from him quickly so here’s he hoping he does.

New strikers are yet to find a net and it is an issue. Not worried about Ladapo as he is a proven striker at this level but we certainly need another one or two proven ones.
Macauley Bonne on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 2037 viewsFunge

Macauley Bonne on 09:58 - Aug 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

How smart you are. Thank you for lecturing me as to what I should do but I will make my own choice.

Mach why do you get so angry about literally nothing.
Macauley Bonne on 10:07 - Aug 17 with 1959 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Macauley Bonne on 10:01 - Aug 17 by Funge

Mach why do you get so angry about literally nothing.

Angry? Over what? It is an answer for J2Blue and his lecturing.

Why are you so worked up? Nowt to do with you.
Macauley Bonne on 10:08 - Aug 17 with 1953 viewsFunge

Macauley Bonne on 10:07 - Aug 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Angry? Over what? It is an answer for J2Blue and his lecturing.

Why are you so worked up? Nowt to do with you.

Thanks Mach for clearing that up, looks like I got it completely wrong.
Macauley Bonne on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 1926 viewsgeg1992

I really hope we can do better than Bonne.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Macauley Bonne on 10:31 - Aug 17 with 1810 viewshoppy

Macauley Bonne on 10:00 - Aug 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

New strikers are yet to find a net and it is an issue. Not worried about Ladapo as he is a proven striker at this level but we certainly need another one or two proven ones.

Pigott was a 'proven striker at this level' before we signed him.

Just saying.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024