Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Updated: Just 16 tickets left for today 14:42 - Sep 30 with 3233 viewsParisBlue

190! Cobbold and North Stand sold out, with just 8 left in the South Stand

Updated - 16 left!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 10:02]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:47 - Sep 30 with 2966 viewsclive_baker

Going to be some atmosphere.

Not much better than a packed out Portman Road for a big, meaningful league match. Proper Autumn football weather too, bit of a chill in the air, cool temperatures but dry.

Few pints in Town pre-match tomorrow with a couple of mates, stroll to the ground, soak up that smell of fried onions wafting its way across the car park opposite the Cobbold. Big and vocal away following. These are what football days are all about, forget the league that doesn't really matter.

Here's hoping for 3 points.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:48 - Sep 30 with 2956 viewstextbackup

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:47 - Sep 30 by clive_baker

Not much better than a packed out Portman Road for a big, meaningful league match. Proper Autumn football weather too, bit of a chill in the air, cool temperatures but dry.

Few pints in Town pre-match tomorrow with a couple of mates, stroll to the ground, soak up that smell of fried onions wafting its way across the car park opposite the Cobbold. Big and vocal away following. These are what football days are all about, forget the league that doesn't really matter.

"that smell of fried onions wafting"

if i was told you can smell 1 thing in heaven your entire afterlife, it would be this.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:50 - Sep 30 with 2944 viewsCityBlue

you just described paradise

I T I D

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:53 - Sep 30 with 2930 viewsIllinoisblue

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:48 - Sep 30 by textbackup

if i was told you can smell 1 thing in heaven your entire afterlife, it would be this.

That and sugar beet wafting in from Sproughton.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 15:17 - Sep 30 with 2829 viewsITFC_Forever

Exactly the sort of match we fluff our lines and lose 0-2.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 16:52 - Sep 30 with 2666 viewshomer_123

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 14:48 - Sep 30 by textbackup

No, creosote.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 19:50 - Sep 30 with 2483 viewsdebenhamblue

Last really big crowd I was in was ueafa cup final first leg. 27532. What was reckoned to be Robsons best team and most important matches.

This crowd for a third tier league game is fantastic- shows how far the club has come in a short time
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 19:55 - Sep 30 with 2464 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If anyone has an U18 desperate to get in then Junior can't make it so her seat in Cobbold is available.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 20:18 - Sep 30 with 2414 viewsblueislander

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 19:50 - Sep 30 by debenhamblue

Last really big crowd I was in was ueafa cup final first leg. 27532. What was reckoned to be Robsons best team and most important matches.

This crowd for a third tier league game is fantastic- shows how far the club has come in a short time

Some of us were at Portman Road among the 38,000+ for the Leeds FA Cup match. The pre-match atmosphere was febrile with Leeds fans taking half the North Stand. The match itself wasn’t that great though.
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:13 - Sep 30 with 2342 viewsRonFearonsHair

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 19:50 - Sep 30 by debenhamblue

Bit nuts that the crowd tomorrow will be bigger than for the UEFA Cup final.
Was there an option or any talk of it being moved to a larger venue at the time or was it never in question?
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:21 - Sep 30 with 2312 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wtf is going on? We’re in L1. The last time it was this hard to get tickets we were challenging for the European places in the PL.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:23 - Sep 30 with 2311 viewsbluefunk

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:13 - Sep 30 by RonFearonsHair

Bit nuts that the crowd tomorrow will be bigger than for the UEFA Cup final.
Was there an option or any talk of it being moved to a larger venue at the time or was it never in question?

If we couldn’t fill the ground then there was no need to move it, remember this was an era of pay at the gate, at least for the standing areas.
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:47 - Sep 30 with 2209 viewsRonFearonsHair

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:23 - Sep 30 by bluefunk

If we couldn’t fill the ground then there was no need to move it, remember this was an era of pay at the gate, at least for the standing areas.

Of course, I hadn't considered it would have been below capacity.
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:57 - Sep 30 with 2173 viewsxrayspecs

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:23 - Sep 30 by bluefunk

Town put the prices up for the final. We had bigger attendances earlier in the competition - St Ettienne was over 30k. We also had more in the league games for Man U (28k), Liverpool (32k), Norwich (27k), Spurs (32k), and Arsenal (31k) .
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 22:22 - Sep 30 with 2114 viewsVic

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:57 - Sep 30 by xrayspecs

Town put the prices up for the final. We had bigger attendances earlier in the competition - St Ettienne was over 30k. We also had more in the league games for Man U (28k), Liverpool (32k), Norwich (27k), Spurs (32k), and Arsenal (31k) .

Crazy that some chose NOT to go to the most important game we’ve ever played!

I guess the way the average football fan follows football has changed a good deal since then - or the amount we choose to spend on leisure has gone up!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 08:54 - Oct 1 with 1714 viewsDJR

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 20:18 - Sep 30 by blueislander

Some of us were at Portman Road among the 38,000+ for the Leeds FA Cup match. The pre-match atmosphere was febrile with Leeds fans taking half the North Stand. The match itself wasn’t that great though.

Yes, that game was 3,000 over capacity, and those 3000 people were all in the North Stand, the result being at least one broken steel stanchion. The squeeze was so bad that my friends and I went to the Churchmans for the second half, being allowed to do so along the pitch, where there was much more room.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 9:16]
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 09:21 - Oct 1 with 1645 viewsxrayspecs

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 22:22 - Sep 30 by Vic

Crazy that some chose NOT to go to the most important game we’ve ever played!

I guess the way the average football fan follows football has changed a good deal since then - or the amount we choose to spend on leisure has gone up!

Iirc, the match was all ticket. Normally you could pay on the gate. This is pre-internet where buying tickets in advance was a real pain as you had to go to the ground or use the post to buy tickets. Suspect it put off some of the out of town fans.
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 09:35 - Oct 1 with 1600 viewsbrazil1982

So the attendance today will give us a good indication of our much questioned capacity.

Or will it?...
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:00 - Oct 1 with 1527 viewsParisBlue

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 09:35 - Oct 1 by brazil1982

So the attendance today will give us a good indication of our much questioned capacity.

Or will it?...

19 short now.

Do they report tickets sold or bums on seats? What about giveaways?

Anyway, a good question for the next fans forum (once we've dealt with the parking tickets issues of course)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:02 - Oct 1 with 1502 viewsNthQldITFC

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 09:35 - Oct 1 by brazil1982

Or will it?...

It's gonna give me an indication of my much questioned capacity to sink ale!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:57 - Oct 1 with 1330 viewsbrazil1982

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:02 - Oct 1 by NthQldITFC

It's gonna give me an indication of my much questioned capacity to sink ale!

Can you hold it for 45 minutes plus stoppage time?...
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:58 - Oct 1 with 1326 viewsbrazil1982

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:00 - Oct 1 by ParisBlue

19 short now.

Do they report tickets sold or bums on seats? What about giveaways?

Anyway, a good question for the next fans forum (once we've dealt with the parking tickets issues of course)

Tickets sold I believe
Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 11:02 - Oct 1 with 1308 viewsbluelagos

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 10:58 - Oct 1 by brazil1982

Tickets sold I believe

Nah, just looked and there's 5 unsold tickets.

Sort it out Towen, too many arm chair fans imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 11:07 - Oct 1 with 1291 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Just 190 tickets left for tomorrow on 21:57 - Sep 30 by xrayspecs

Also, there weren’t many fans over from Holland. The away fans section was more than half empty. Had that been full the numbers would have been higher, which would’ve been the case with most of the other games you’ve mentioned.
Updated: Just 16 tickets left for today on 11:31 - Oct 1 with 1203 viewsHarlestonblue

Just looked at the stadium graphic on itfc.tickets and there is one left in G block of the Magnus. We need a bigger stadium!
If you are travelling from the west of Ipswich on the A14 find another route or leave early, the A14 was blocked in both directions due to a crash between a car and a tractor. This on top of the rail strike. Leave early!
hopefully they can reopen the route. Thoughts and prayers for those involved in the accident.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024