Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there 17:09 - Dec 26 with 2255 viewsMullet

A shame we didn't finish top of the league today, but it's fairly irrelevant. A slow start and you can see how we not only managed the game but made in-game changes to secure the win and exploit Oxford all over the park.

So refreshing to see a manager who can tweak personnel and has trust in his players to stick to a gameplan and today felt like the fruits of that paid off. Davis was absolutely superb down the left and using KVY as a mirror image at the end on the right made it an impossible task for their defenders.

Felt like their keeper was going to spill everything and one of their fans said it was his first league start, which makes sense. Targeting him like we did and the way Aluko came into the game to keep possession were two real highlights.

Been a long time since we had a defeat or started a game slowly and you can trust the manager and players not to amble along and hope something comes off.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:10 - Dec 26 with 2213 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah, Kieran is good and wants to win matches.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 2043 viewsLeoMuff

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:10 - Dec 26 by Swansea_Blue

Well when a gets a team promotion to the prem, hopefully us, then he may be as good as MM 😉

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:39 - Dec 26 with 1954 viewsBroadhill

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:10 - Dec 26 by Swansea_Blue

Mick did it at a higher level and for a long time. Kieran is only just starting out. Let's not get too ahead yet.
Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 1845 viewsMattinLondon

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:28 - Dec 26 by LeoMuff

Well when a gets a team promotion to the prem, hopefully us, then he may be as good as MM 😉

It’ll be an interesting match-up for sure. KM in the championship with the clubs resources and Mick at a decent championship club.

It won’t happen - Mick is probably considered by many fans and clubs to be yesterdays man. Ok, he has a couple of promotions under his belt but that was years ago. A shame has he’s a very good man manager who hasn’t adapted to the times.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 17:49]
Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 1657 viewsMullet

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:39 - Dec 26 by Broadhill

Mick did it at a higher level and for a long time. Kieran is only just starting out. Let's not get too ahead yet.

It'd be great to return to that level after far too long down here, should be nothing but positivity after today.

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 18:24 - Dec 26 with 1540 viewsITFCed

The only thing they have in common is being the manager of ITFC

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 18:32 - Dec 26 with 1467 viewsSamWhiteUK

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 17:39 - Dec 26 by Broadhill

I think it might have been a little tongue-in-cheek, somehow...
Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 19:48 - Dec 26 with 1196 viewsStewart27

Weird Mick link. I know he divides the fan base. Personally I try to forget about him as I was one of the 20,000 people today who voted with their feet.

But yeah, McKenna is the real deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 19:58 - Dec 26 with 1143 viewsMullet

Kieran McKenna approaching Mick levels of managerial quality there on 19:48 - Dec 26 by Stewart27

Weird Mick link. I know he divides the fan base. Personally I try to forget about him as I was one of the 20,000 people today who voted with their feet.

But yeah, McKenna is the real deal.

Come again? I don't think we should forget about being a top Championship side or how important it is to have a manager who can impact games positively etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024