Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Officially a three horse race.. 18:00 - Dec 26 with 5470 viewsWallingford_Boy

Play off heartbreak anyone?

RIP Sir Bobby

Officially a three horse race.. on 00:33 - Dec 27 with 1264 viewscressi

Officially a three horse race.. on 20:36 - Dec 26 by Churchman

I can see us doing that. By points with half the season gone, Plymouth are the best team in the division. But they’re not. We are.

It will come down to how well we buy and deal in January
I believe we will deregister Ball and Camara and sent Ahadme out on loan enabling us to bring in 3 /4 good players to get over the line with a couple of games still left
The Owners want this club in the top league Not playing Accrington Fleetwood and Morecambe without being disrespectful.
Officially a three horse race.. on 10:46 - Dec 27 with 1058 viewstractorboy1978

Officially a three horse race.. on 23:01 - Dec 26 by Ryorry

100% this.

And the continuing confident assumption by some on here that Plymouth will drop away, & we'll be in the top two come end of the season, seems to me a bit arrogant, giving potentially added motivation for PA, SW, & Barnsley to prove those people wrong.

Over the last 46 games in this league, Sheff Wed have 91 points, Plymouth 90 points and we have 89 points. We are comfortably the three best sides and I honestly think there is going to be minimal margin for error. MK missed out with 89 points last year and it'll be similar this year.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2
Officially a three horse race.. on 11:48 - Dec 27 with 1000 viewsSonOfSpock

Officially a three horse race.. on 20:08 - Dec 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I like the idea that it could be a 3-horse race for second ... while we romp to the title.

As for the play-offs, I heard an interesting idea mooted today:

5th should play at home against 6th one-off match. Winner goes through.
4th then plays winner of the above match again at home. Winner goes to Wembley
Wembley final where 3rd place are automatically there. 4th would have had to win 1 home match to get there, 5th 2 matches (the second one away) and 6th would need to have won 2 away matches.

We could always go old fashioned and have the top 3 go up and dispense with the playoffs.
Officially a three horse race.. on 12:00 - Dec 27 with 968 viewsTractorWood

Destined to finish 3rd and lose in the playoffs.

Ipswich innit.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:09 - Dec 27 with 957 viewscbower

Officially a three horse race.. on 20:08 - Dec 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I like the idea that it could be a 3-horse race for second ... while we romp to the title.

As for the play-offs, I heard an interesting idea mooted today:

5th should play at home against 6th one-off match. Winner goes through.
4th then plays winner of the above match again at home. Winner goes to Wembley
Wembley final where 3rd place are automatically there. 4th would have had to win 1 home match to get there, 5th 2 matches (the second one away) and 6th would need to have won 2 away matches.

Always thought that would be so much fairer and nobody would take their foot off the gas with three games to go as they were in play offs but couldn't make top two. Rewards league position as it should fo, it's a league after all!

bluescouser

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:18 - Dec 27 with 942 viewsjeera

Officially a three horse race.. on 11:48 - Dec 27 by SonOfSpock

We could always go old fashioned and have the top 3 go up and dispense with the playoffs.

Quite.

That West Ham got to up via the play-offs despite Town having a significant higher points tally at the end of a long season stuck in the throat.

I've never felt more strongly against the play-offs concept as I did then.

Something like 13 points difference wasn't it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:30 - Dec 27 with 925 viewscbower

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:18 - Dec 27 by jeera

Quite.

That West Ham got to up via the play-offs despite Town having a significant higher points tally at the end of a long season stuck in the throat.

I've never felt more strongly against the play-offs concept as I did then.

Something like 13 points difference wasn't it?

It was a sickener. Unfortunately it will never go back to top 3 promoted in a pure league format as it should be. Simply too much money and TV influence. The suggestion outlined in earlier posts is the best for a play off format though imho. At least we would have been straight in the final a few times!

bluescouser

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:53 - Dec 27 with 861 viewsbilllm

Officially a three horse race.. on 18:16 - Dec 26 by ArnieM

I think it’ll be which team handles the games against the other two promotion contenders, best.

Agree, we have Plymouth and sheff at home onus is on us, not lose to them good, beat them and it could well be us and who top two,
Login to get fewer ads

Officially a three horse race.. on 14:34 - Dec 27 with 779 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Officially a three horse race.. on 12:30 - Dec 27 by cbower

It was a sickener. Unfortunately it will never go back to top 3 promoted in a pure league format as it should be. Simply too much money and TV influence. The suggestion outlined in earlier posts is the best for a play off format though imho. At least we would have been straight in the final a few times!

Exactly. The top 3 promoted is clearly the fairest system but it isn't going to return to that. The suggestion here is a fairer compromise but has the disadvantage of fewer play-off matches and so less revenue raised.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Officially a three horse race.. on 16:04 - Dec 27 with 724 viewsjeera

Officially a three horse race.. on 14:34 - Dec 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Exactly. The top 3 promoted is clearly the fairest system but it isn't going to return to that. The suggestion here is a fairer compromise but has the disadvantage of fewer play-off matches and so less revenue raised.

I wasn't knocking your suggestion btw.

I'm still annoyed that it was WH who were promoted at our expense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024