Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices 16:36 - Jan 12 with 1978 viewsWoolfenthen

Got through on the ballot for tickets to the One Day Int. vs New Zealand in September at the Oval. However £95.00 a ticket is a bit steep, is this normal??
Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1928 viewsSteve_M

Absolutely standard. Lord's have pushed the prices up against Australia to levels that are downright greedy and I still didn't get any tickets in the ballot.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 16:54 - Jan 12 with 1858 viewsgringoblue

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 16:42 - Jan 12 by Steve_M

Absolutely standard. Lord's have pushed the prices up against Australia to levels that are downright greedy and I still didn't get any tickets in the ballot.

worth checking to see if any of the venues you can get to do a ticket exchange. I missed out on the Edgbaston ballot but a couple of months later picked 2 up on their exchange. They have some single tickets up for most days right now.

https://ticketexchange.edgbaston.com/list/resaleProducts/?

but yes, very expensive!
Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 1846 viewsZx1988

Completely normal.

Contrast that price to go and see a day of top-class international cricket, with the £125 to go and watch T20 finals day at Edgbaston...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 1809 viewsSteve_M

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 16:54 - Jan 12 by gringoblue

worth checking to see if any of the venues you can get to do a ticket exchange. I missed out on the Edgbaston ballot but a couple of months later picked 2 up on their exchange. They have some single tickets up for most days right now.

https://ticketexchange.edgbaston.com/list/resaleProducts/?

but yes, very expensive!

Yes, suspect there might be odd ones available nearer the time. I'm annoyed with The Oval as well, lost the tickets I had last year after the Queen died but was promised priority in the ballot - only to get an option to buy Day 5 tickets only.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1718 viewsSWGF

I ended up going for Ireland tickets at Lord's, and Ashes at Edgbaston.

Also just picked up two Day Five Ashes tickets at the Oval for £20 each. You never know...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:39 - Jan 12 with 1702 viewsSWGF

7-8 hours of top-level sport and a day in the sunshine, supping at one of the best grounds in the world. Bargain!

Also, if you got in the ballot for those ODI tickets, you might be able to get Day Five Ashes tickets for £20.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 17:40]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 1576 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seems normal from what people say.

But also the price point does make it elitist at the same time.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 1369 viewsbournemouthblue

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:51 - Jan 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Seems normal from what people say.

But also the price point does make it elitist at the same time.

Which is a shame, it forces people into a Sky Subscription and not watching Cricket in the flesh

The Hundred not that it's particularly local, is well priced at least

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 20:43 - Jan 12 with 1260 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:02 - Jan 12 by Steve_M

Yes, suspect there might be odd ones available nearer the time. I'm annoyed with The Oval as well, lost the tickets I had last year after the Queen died but was promised priority in the ballot - only to get an option to buy Day 5 tickets only.

Day five tickets with this England team? Good luck!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 20:45 - Jan 12 with 1254 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Last year I got to the Oval and Edgbaston on pretty much the only two rain days of summer. Think I saw about 2 hours.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 23:20 - Jan 12 with 1134 viewsstonojnr

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 17:39 - Jan 12 by SWGF

7-8 hours of top-level sport and a day in the sunshine, supping at one of the best grounds in the world. Bargain!

Also, if you got in the ballot for those ODI tickets, you might be able to get Day Five Ashes tickets for £20.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 17:40]

not based on the prices it used to be not that long ago, but they sell out so people must have got the money.

though its probably why the away tours are so much more popular these days
Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 23:39 - Jan 12 with 1110 viewsMelford

I got day one at Headlingley, I got mine months ago through YCCC. £90 this year, was £60 last year for NZ.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 01:22 - Jan 13 with 1039 viewscharlie1

That’s criminal.

Bought a family ticket (2 adults, 2 kids) to Days 1 to 4 of the 2021 Adelaide Oval Ashes Test for $80 AUD per day (£40 ish).

The difference between encouraging people to attend and exploiting those who do.
Elitist Cricket Ticketing Prices on 08:48 - Jan 13 with 906 viewsJosebadleg

I got two tickets for day one at Lords for the ashes. £120 each for the compton stand

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024