Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful 17:02 - Jan 14 with 5056 viewsNeedhamChris

Just took on more and more pressure after those changes.

Good young manager, but by no means perfect and needs to learn how to manage out a game sharpish or we're going nowhere.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 3920 viewsGuthrum

I would have said the long Plymouth injury break was more damaging. We were pushing, on the front foot. Then all the momentum went.

Edit: Plus some of the changes were forced.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:04]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:06 - Jan 14 with 3801 viewscoote

Agree.

Ladapo should never have been withdrawn.
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 3693 viewsDavoIPB

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:06 - Jan 14 by coote

Agree.

Yep hirst's touch awful. Looked similar player to ladapo without the ability to hold the ball up.
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:10 - Jan 14 with 3646 viewsNeedhamChris

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:08 - Jan 14 by DavoIPB

Yep hirst's touch awful. Looked similar player to ladapo without the ability to hold the ball up.

Think that's harsh as clearly not fully fit. Jackson would have at least offered an outlet with his pace.

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:14 - Jan 14 with 3562 viewsbobbyramsey

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:10 - Jan 14 by NeedhamChris

Think that's harsh as clearly not fully fit. Jackson would have at least offered an outlet with his pace.

If he’s not fit he shouldn’t replace Ladapo
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:15]
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:15 - Jan 14 with 3527 viewsNeedhamChris

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:14 - Jan 14 by bobbyramsey

I agree but do you think he subbed himself on?

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:16 - Jan 14 with 3491 viewsbobbyramsey

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:15 - Jan 14 by NeedhamChris

I agree but do you think he subbed himself on?

Of course not, it’s on KM….
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:26 - Jan 14 with 3374 viewsNeedhamChris

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:03 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

I would have said the long Plymouth injury break was more damaging. We were pushing, on the front foot. Then all the momentum went.

Edit: Plus some of the changes were forced.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:04]

I rate McKenna, but there's always an excuse isn't there.

Oh well, just another one off....

Login to get fewer ads

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 3035 viewsjohnewark

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:06 - Jan 14 by coote

Agree.

Just looking at the comments about Ladapo vs Hirst. Is this irony or are you genuinely off your tits? I can't think of a more striking contrast in players.
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 22:55 - Jan 14 with 2948 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

FWIW I think the substitution McKenna got wrong was KVY for Burns. Edwards for Burns for me was the better option.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 2868 viewsEly_Blue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:14 - Jan 14 by bobbyramsey

He did more in 30 minutes than Ladapo did in 67? He won more headers and got himself into better positions, chased back, he jumped for a header which is something Ladapo NEVER does

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:24 - Jan 14 with 2838 viewsFrimleyBlue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:22 - Jan 14 by Ely_Blue

He did more in 30 minutes than Ladapo did in 67? He won more headers and got himself into better positions, chased back, he jumped for a header which is something Ladapo NEVER does

Lol. What!

We completely lost control of the game when ladapo came off.

I'd like to see hirst AND ladapo together so we don't lose what Freddie is good at.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:27 - Jan 14 with 2817 viewsEly_Blue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:24 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Lol. What!

We completely lost control of the game when ladapo came off.

I'd like to see hirst AND ladapo together so we don't lose what Freddie is good at.

What game did you watch, Ladapo couldn’t control his bladder if he tried! He has the first touch of a trampoline, can’t hit a decent shot if he tried, doesn’t look up, if he had done Burns would have had a tap in in the first half, he plays blind passes where he really shouldn’t do.

He won 2 headers all game, both he had no knowledge of and they came off the back of his head. You should try going to a game once in a while, you might see the whole picture of just how bad he is

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:30 - Jan 14 with 2780 viewsFrimleyBlue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:27 - Jan 14 by Ely_Blue

What game did you watch, Ladapo couldn’t control his bladder if he tried! He has the first touch of a trampoline, can’t hit a decent shot if he tried, doesn’t look up, if he had done Burns would have had a tap in in the first half, he plays blind passes where he really shouldn’t do.

He won 2 headers all game, both he had no knowledge of and they came off the back of his head. You should try going to a game once in a while, you might see the whole picture of just how bad he is

Lol. Many people disagree with you Ely. So again pointless throwing in the I follow rubbish.

Another game where we took him off and we looked worse for it.

Waka waka eh eh

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:32 - Jan 14 with 2784 viewsbrazil1981

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:22 - Jan 14 by Ely_Blue

Sorry disagree, Hirst looked way off the pace for me, highlighted when their right back left him for dead and he ended up booked for dragging him back by the shirt! Tried a few little flicks and headers, none of which came to anything!

Not saying Lapado was great…or that Hirst won’t be good signing, but I don’t think that substitution worked out today.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 23:47]
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:45 - Jan 14 with 2739 viewsEly_Blue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:32 - Jan 14 by brazil1981

Sorry disagree, Hirst looked way off the pace for me, highlighted when their right back left him for dead and he ended up booked for dragging him back by the shirt! Tried a few little flicks and headers, none of which came to anything!

Not saying Lapado was great…or that Hirst won’t be good signing, but I don’t think that substitution worked out today.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 23:47]

I think Humphrey’s up front as a lone striker would be better than Ladapo, Harness won more headers than Ladapo did today, to say we lost control when he went or is ludicrous he never had control of anything, all balls bounce off him like a trampoline, he can’t/won’t jump for headers and misjudges so much, on top of that he has no pace

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:54 - Jan 14 with 2679 viewsFrimleyBlue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:45 - Jan 14 by Ely_Blue

I think Humphrey’s up front as a lone striker would be better than Ladapo, Harness won more headers than Ladapo did today, to say we lost control when he went or is ludicrous he never had control of anything, all balls bounce off him like a trampoline, he can’t/won’t jump for headers and misjudges so much, on top of that he has no pace

Humphreys up top?
Harness won more headers?

You sure your view wasn't restricted?

I think freddie is important to our play. I quite a few games it's not turned out great when he's been subbed

Plymouth away 1-2 subbed
Plymouth home. Subbed
Fleetwood home subbed
Portsmouth away subbed
Bolton home subbed

Of course it could just be pure coincidence that we let goals in after he's been subbed in these games and there are some we've scored when he's gone off. But I personally think we have looked better with him on the field than off it and would like to see him next to Hirst.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 0:05]

Waka waka eh eh

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:55 - Jan 14 with 2688 viewsDinnernotTea

Pathetic. At 1-0 they were firmly on the ropes. But we never made any changes to make it 2-0.

Bottom line is, other than Derby at home we haven't done anything in this league this season. Which is why we're 5 & 7 adrift.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 00:26 - Jan 15 with 2592 viewsDeano69

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 17:08 - Jan 14 by DavoIPB

Almost an assist with his first touch!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 00:33 - Jan 15 with 2568 viewsStewart27

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:55 - Jan 14 by DinnernotTea

Pathetic. At 1-0 they were firmly on the ropes. But we never made any changes to make it 2-0.

Bottom line is, other than Derby at home we haven't done anything in this league this season. Which is why we're 5 & 7 adrift.

We haven’t done anything in the league this season?

Are you off your tits?

I know we’re all gutted about being third but this is a little crazy no?
That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 00:35 - Jan 15 with 2559 viewsDinnernotTea

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 00:33 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

We haven’t done anything in the league this season?

Are you off your tits?

I know we’re all gutted about being third but this is a little crazy no?

OK maybe a little silly. And should have rephrased it as "we haven't done anything vs the top 8".

*AGAIN*

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 06:43 - Jan 15 with 2382 viewsEly_Blue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:54 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Humphreys up top?

I think freddie is important to our play. I quite a few games it's not turned out great when he's been subbed

Plymouth away 1-2 subbed
Plymouth home. Subbed
Fleetwood home subbed
Portsmouth away subbed
Bolton home subbed

Of course it could just be pure coincidence that we let goals in after he's been subbed in these games and there are some we've scored when he's gone off. But I personally think we have looked better with him on the field than off it and would like to see him next to Hirst.

Pompey away he couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo, IIRC When he was subbed off we were losing 2-1 so your argument falls apart on that one…….. maybe do your homework on the games first

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 07:52 - Jan 15 with 2242 viewsbournemouthblue

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 22:55 - Jan 14 by You_Bloo_Right

FWIW I think the substitution McKenna got wrong was KVY for Burns. Edwards for Burns for me was the better option.

He never seems to play Edwards down the right unless he switches him in the game

You'd expect Edwards to offer something down there

I do think Plymouth are the first side really to stop us down both wings, that's not really happened in any other game this season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 08:29 - Jan 15 with 2140 viewssotd78

They were all like for like changes. Not sure what any other coach would do when 1 nil up against the top team?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 08:30 - Jan 15 with 2139 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

That is all on McKenna - tactically those changes were awful on 23:54 - Jan 14 by FrimleyBlue

Humphreys up top?

Plymouth away 1-2 subbed
Plymouth home. Subbed
Fleetwood home subbed
Portsmouth away subbed
Bolton home subbed

There is something in what you're saying. Personally, I think it is gonna work out far better to start with Hirst and Broadhead, and bring Freddie on for the last 30 minutes or whatever it is, if we have a 1 goal lead. Freddie is good at staying on his feet and keeping the ball alive in the final third, bringing in other players. His shooting isn't great, seems to scuff the ball far too often, but when closing out a game, we just need to keep the ball at the other end of the pitch.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024