Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mckenna Forest Rumour 12:37 - Apr 19 with 8978 viewsGaryBirtles

Good Afternoon. Please don't shoot the messenger but there's a rumour flying around Nottingham that Forest want KM to replace Cooper. Forest have apparently made tentative enquires and Mark Ashton is not happy about it. Personally i hope not as Copper has done a great job for us. Has any Blues fans heard anything similar?

All the best for the rest of the season i have no doubt we'll be playing you again next season.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:23 - Apr 19 with 1305 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:09 - Apr 19 by NthQldITFC

Strangely this rumour doesn't seem to be mentioned on any Forest forum, or on Twitter, as far as I can see. It's an odd one, that's for sure.

First I saw of it was on the comments of last night's match report on BBC Sport. Maybe that's the extent of it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:24 - Apr 19 with 1304 viewschicoazul

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:19 - Apr 19 by ITFC_Forever

There were clubs interested in KMc last summer, that’s only going to intensify over the next few months.

Yes indeed. I think it might be a lot more difficult to keep him if we stay down though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:24 - Apr 19 with 1294 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 12:59 - Apr 19 by Sharkey

I don't understand the 'showed no loyalty last summer' comment, What did they do?

They got promoted and signed 20 odd players no? Someone will no doubt comment that we signed 19 the summer before. Quite different to clear out the dead wood when you have been languishing in the third tier for several seasons compared to telling the team that got you up that they are categorically not good enough.

I should have also added "lack of strategy" as can be seen by some of the staff appointments and sackings they have made. I have a soft spot for Forest but their promotion seems more of a fluke than the result of good planning.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:25 - Apr 19 with 1289 viewsclive_baker

Not heard anything myself but wouldn't surprise me at all if he's being linked with bigger clubs. I wouldn't have thought anything will happen right now, but if at the end of the season we're still in L1 and you're in the Premier League then I dare say our position would be a little perilous. He's a very astute and fastidious manager who will, IMO, manage at the top level before too long.

If we go up to the Championship then I think the case for him staying strengthens greatly and I don't see any clubs at the level above that would be worth leaving for, even Forest (if you go down).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:27 - Apr 19 with 1250 viewsJ2BLUE

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:25 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

Not heard anything myself but wouldn't surprise me at all if he's being linked with bigger clubs. I wouldn't have thought anything will happen right now, but if at the end of the season we're still in L1 and you're in the Premier League then I dare say our position would be a little perilous. He's a very astute and fastidious manager who will, IMO, manage at the top level before too long.

If we go up to the Championship then I think the case for him staying strengthens greatly and I don't see any clubs at the level above that would be worth leaving for, even Forest (if you go down).

This.

If we go up he will be well backed and has a good chance to become a legend here. Forest will likely have big problems having spent so much in the Prem. The pressure there would be huge to return to the Prem at the first opportunity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:30 - Apr 19 with 1205 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I heard KM is a big fan of Hooters and that could lead to the deal being done.
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:32 - Apr 19 with 1206 viewsgiant_stow

Hi Gary, Norwich fan here. I haven't heard that one, but have heard that Forest are looking into a manager swap deal with the Canaries, owing to Wagner's experience of a relegation fight with Huddersfield..

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 1181 viewsblueasfook

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:32 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

Hi Gary, Norwich fan here. I haven't heard that one, but have heard that Forest are looking into a manager swap deal with the Canaries, owing to Wagner's experience of a relegation fight with Huddersfield..

Seems more likely than an approach for McKenna I have to say. I couldn't see them going for a L1 manager with one season under his belt to rescue them from premier league relegation

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 1174 viewsLord_Lucan

I’ve no doubt he’s on other clubs radar but why would he go to a smaller club?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:35 - Apr 19 with 1178 viewsclive_baker

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:27 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

This.

If we go up he will be well backed and has a good chance to become a legend here. Forest will likely have big problems having spent so much in the Prem. The pressure there would be huge to return to the Prem at the first opportunity.

I would think if we stay down in L1 there's probably the best part of 25 clubs that might be tempting. 20 in the Premier League and the top 5 or so outside it. He won't want another year of his career at this level as much as us fans don't, and who could blame him. Equally if he doesn't get us up then his appeal isn't where it would be if he does.

If we go up to the Championship that 'risk level' probably reduces to what, 15 clubs? All in the Premier League, and the majority of those wouldn't look at him yet. He's not going to get a Villa or Spurs.

If he gets us up, has us competing at the right end of the Championship and gets an offer like that then good on him, I don't think many would resent him taking it. But I don't see him leaving Championship Ipswich with, as you say, the level of ambition and funding we have, for another Championship or YO-YO club who are looking to sack their most successful manager in decades because he couldn't quite keep them up.

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:38 - Apr 19 with 1165 viewsxrayspecs

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:25 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

KM will also choose his next club very carefully.

He was attracted to Ipswich as it is a long-term project and he would get time and lots of support from the club to create a successful team. Very significant investment in support staff and training ground and pitch are important to KM.

Why would he choose to go to a trigger happy club like Forest, especially at this stage of his career?
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:38 - Apr 19 with 1157 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s GARRY Birtles.

Strange to get that wrong ...

Pronouns: He/Him

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:40 - Apr 19 with 1145 viewsFtnfwest

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:38 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

It’s GARRY Birtles.

Strange to get that wrong ...

Garry Birtles has that already
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:42 - Apr 19 with 1142 viewsMaySixth

Fair enough, he is going to attract interest as he is a fantastic coach and manager.

I don't think he would want to work with Marinakis, you could argue that Ipswich are the more progressive and better run club on an upward curve.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:53 - Apr 19 with 1099 viewsDarth_Koont

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:40 - Apr 19 by Ftnfwest

Garry Birtles has that already

No, he’s Barry Girtles.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:00 - Apr 19 with 1077 viewsFtnfwest

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:53 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

No, he’s Barry Girtles.

or Barry Girdles....oooer (sorry late night, can't remember what i was doing..)
Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:11 - Apr 19 with 1041 viewshype313

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:13 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

Treble his money?

Lol, Evans isn't in charge anymore.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:21 - Apr 19 with 1014 viewsGavTWTD

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:11 - Apr 19 by hype313

If we get promoted he'll certainly be offered a new contract. Just hope he takes it.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:24 - Apr 19 with 989 viewsBiGDonnie

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 13:32 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

Norwich fan, haha. Course you are.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:25 - Apr 19 with 989 viewsusm

If we go up there's not much point him moving sideways (assuming NF are relegated)
If we dont go up he wont be that attractive
Hes a sensible guy and will move on, but not yet - he has not proved anything yet and he'll know that ITFC is a great grooming ground for him, but he'll need to get us promoted first and then he'll need to prove himself at a higher level.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:55 - Apr 19 with 893 viewsclive_baker

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:25 - Apr 19 by usm

If we go up there's not much point him moving sideways (assuming NF are relegated)
If we dont go up he wont be that attractive
Hes a sensible guy and will move on, but not yet - he has not proved anything yet and he'll know that ITFC is a great grooming ground for him, but he'll need to get us promoted first and then he'll need to prove himself at a higher level.

Agree with that, it would potentially be career suicide to leave us now for a club like Forest.

Best thing KM can do is get us up, get us competing in the top 6 of the Championship and see where he thinks the ceiling is. If a West Ham or decent PL club come sniffing I'm sure he would have a decision to make, but leaving an upwardly mobile Ipswich for a Championship club doesn't make any sense.

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:59 - Apr 19 with 875 viewschicoazul

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:11 - Apr 19 by hype313

What’s that got to do with anything? Going to Forest or Southampton for eg would treble his money easy, this is in no way controversial and nothing to do with whoever owns this club. We trebled Hirst’s money when he joined us. That’s what happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 15:01 - Apr 19 with 872 viewshype313

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:55 - Apr 19 by clive_baker

Agree with that, it would potentially be career suicide to leave us now for a club like Forest.

Best thing KM can do is get us up, get us competing in the top 6 of the Championship and see where he thinks the ceiling is. If a West Ham or decent PL club come sniffing I'm sure he would have a decision to make, but leaving an upwardly mobile Ipswich for a Championship club doesn't make any sense.

I also know his Wife and Children absolutely love living in the area and are very settled.

My sister was chatting with Mrs McKenna, blissfully unaware of who she was, and she said she moved down here last year because her husband got work down here, wasn't until my sister got pointed out by someone else did she realise who she was.

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 15:03 - Apr 19 with 860 viewshype313

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 14:59 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

What’s that got to do with anything? Going to Forest or Southampton for eg would treble his money easy, this is in no way controversial and nothing to do with whoever owns this club. We trebled Hirst’s money when he joined us. That’s what happens.

Why would he go to Forest or Southampton if we were all in the Championship? Makes no sense at all.

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 15:08 - Apr 19 with 830 viewschicoazul

Mckenna Forest Rumour on 15:03 - Apr 19 by hype313

Why would he go to Forest or Southampton if we were all in the Championship? Makes no sense at all.

Because….they will treble his money. And both are bigger clubs and more attractive draws than us, arguably.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024