Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs 21:37 - May 15 with 4034 viewscarlisleaway

for the Championship…….tired of hearing Norwich songs unless we are playing them. About time Ipswich had a song of our own, worth pushing EEJB next year.
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 21:54 - May 15 with 3522 viewsMullet

EEJB had great showings at Barnsley and Posh - Blue Army on repeat like we had it at Barnsley is a must from now on.

While we still have fans pushing the same old Delia bobbins it'd be great to go back to basics. The Ladapo one is great but sung way too fast once it gets going for example.

All fans not just BA can help.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 21:57 - May 15 with 3514 viewsSitfcB

Plenty in the catalogue. Not even that many core Norwich ones.

You’re welcome to sing as well

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 22:05 - May 15 with 3486 viewsYallop2

Nathan Broadhead song was superb. I had a car load singing it for 3 hours on the journey back from Barnsley.
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 22:25 - May 15 with 3448 viewsFtnfwest

Well I’ve given them one for Davis although the tune might be a bit old for them
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 00:18 - May 16 with 3337 viewsnorfsufblue

I've said it before and I'll say it again......this chorus would be great sung as an ITFC anthem...

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 03:21 - May 16 with 3277 viewsIllinoisblue

This is where #17 needs to show his worth. *+_= terrace anthem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 09:31 - May 16 with 3082 viewsCityBlue

as much as I like EEJB it doesn't lend itself to being sung as an anthem - despite our best efforts.

Little known fact - first team to adopt the Gerry and the Pacemakers YNWA was in fact us (my dad recalls singing it in the then Churchman's End) in the season following our title win, and it was then quickly picked up by the Kop who set it as their official anthem. (It had also been previously sung by Manchester United fans in the last few years of the 50s.

It is hard to now establish a new anthem and there are in fact only a handful of clubs who have dedicated songs that no one else really sings to any great effect.

I always likes the Brum edition of Keep Right On to the End of the Road

I T I D

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 10:25 - May 16 with 2985 viewsPinewoodblue

Only Norwich chant for next season is “we’re coming for you Norwich City we’re coming for you” especially after we take the lead in our televised games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 10:36 - May 16 with 2964 viewsmonty_radio

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 09:31 - May 16 by CityBlue

as much as I like EEJB it doesn't lend itself to being sung as an anthem - despite our best efforts.

Little known fact - first team to adopt the Gerry and the Pacemakers YNWA was in fact us (my dad recalls singing it in the then Churchman's End) in the season following our title win, and it was then quickly picked up by the Kop who set it as their official anthem. (It had also been previously sung by Manchester United fans in the last few years of the 50s.

It is hard to now establish a new anthem and there are in fact only a handful of clubs who have dedicated songs that no one else really sings to any great effect.

There was a day when we won the league when "Keep Right On to the End of the Road" was ours, as much as it was Birmingham's. We even played the (1917?) Harry Lauder original 78 over the tannoy.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 14:31 - May 16 with 2797 viewsDinnernotTea

We need to piggy back on Ed Sheeran hundreds of songs. Whether you like his stuff or not, he's attached to our name possibly forever more. Stoke has Delilah etc, so we need to adapt one for Uncle Ed and that's our anthem forever more. God knows which as I don't know all his songs but surely you can turn one into being able to used at games?

Still gutted we never kept KRO. It's my favourite football chant. In the 2001 League Cup semi final at St. Andrews it sounded outrageous.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 14:38 - May 16 with 2788 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What happened to the "never lost at home" chant.

I liked that one

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 15:20 - May 16 with 2728 viewsnrb1985

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 22:05 - May 15 by Yallop2

Nathan Broadhead song was superb. I had a car load singing it for 3 hours on the journey back from Barnsley.

That song misses and enormous open goal - one of the lines should celarly be:

"Could've stayed a scouser but he said get f* and I just can't seem to get enough of..."
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:03 - May 16 with 2660 viewsKropotkin123

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 10:25 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

Only Norwich chant for next season is “we’re coming for you Norwich City we’re coming for you” especially after we take the lead in our televised games.

Will that make much sense next season when they are in their relegation battle and we are top two?

Would feel a bit strange having surpassed them!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:10 - May 16 with 2638 viewsDouble_Dutch

Ipswich to the tune of Amazing Grace, job done. Just need to educate the younger generation in the speed in which it is to be sung!
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:35 - May 16 with 2594 viewsKropotkin123

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 14:38 - May 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

What happened to the "never lost at home" chant.

I liked that one

I like that one too, as it is unique to us.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:55 - May 16 with 2559 viewslazyblue

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:10 - May 16 by Double_Dutch

Ipswich to the tune of Amazing Grace, job done. Just need to educate the younger generation in the speed in which it is to be sung!

Ipswich to the Amazing Grace tune is a must!
[Post edited 16 May 2023 16:55]
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 18:31 - May 16 with 2464 viewsjaykay

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:10 - May 16 by Double_Dutch

1975 f.a. cup semi final at villa park. it was done to perfection even john mortson was in awe when we sung that

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 18:44 - May 16 with 2448 viewsSlambo

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 16:35 - May 16 by Kropotkin123

I like that one too, as it is unique to us.

I always dreamt of incorporating Widzew Lodz into a viable Ipswich chant, but alas, it wasn't meant to be...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 19:09 - May 16 with 2400 viewsStewart27

I’ll never, ever, ever get fed up of singing anti Norwich songs.

Bring back the good old days when football chants didn’t get over analysed on the internet.
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 19:21 - May 16 with 2366 viewshjerman

Highfield Road 1981 4 -0 victory on Steve McCall’s debut ‘We Shall Overcome’ the 60s spiritual and moving anthem was sung with passion albeit from an open terrace. Don’t wish to decry the original meaning of the song sung in the US and its heritage meanings,but a very powerful ballad!! A rousing 29k singing that before a game would get the players taking notice!.
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 19:37 - May 16 with 2329 viewslizzibee

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 21:54 - May 15 by Mullet

EEJB had great showings at Barnsley and Posh - Blue Army on repeat like we had it at Barnsley is a must from now on.

While we still have fans pushing the same old Delia bobbins it'd be great to go back to basics. The Ladapo one is great but sung way too fast once it gets going for example.

All fans not just BA can help.

Love EEJB but Blue Army really grates with me - I think it's just that it's so generic. And as for Singing the Blues....Definately need some new songs though
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 20:05 - May 16 with 2282 viewstroyparrotsleftear

dont like blue action and their ilk personally
Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 03:15 - May 17 with 2136 viewsKropotkin123

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 20:05 - May 16 by troyparrotsleftear

dont like blue action and their ilk personally

Div listed. Can't be bothered to wait until you are banned for trolling

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 07:35 - May 17 with 2048 viewsBeattie78

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 19:21 - May 16 by hjerman

Highfield Road 1981 4 -0 victory on Steve McCall’s debut ‘We Shall Overcome’ the 60s spiritual and moving anthem was sung with passion albeit from an open terrace. Don’t wish to decry the original meaning of the song sung in the US and its heritage meanings,but a very powerful ballad!! A rousing 29k singing that before a game would get the players taking notice!.

"We shall not be moved" also sounds great when sung by many

LexdenBlue62

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 08:24 - May 17 with 1993 viewsITFC_Forever

Blue Action have got 3 months to come up with some new songs on 09:31 - May 16 by CityBlue

EEJB would work better if people could be bothered to learn the second verse, then when that ends we can back to the beginning of the first verse.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024