Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Henderson 01:11 - Sep 7 with 5637 viewsdominiciawful

He’s a proper thicko, isn’t he?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Jordan Henderson on 07:51 - Sep 7 with 3812 viewsMetal_Hacker

He'd give a few a good run for their money on here

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jordan Henderson on 07:55 - Sep 7 with 3800 viewstextbackup

Should have just said what we all would

‘I’ve come here for the money, and honestly, I don’t care’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jordan Henderson on 08:05 - Sep 7 with 3753 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jordan Henderson on 07:55 - Sep 7 by textbackup

I'd assume the issue of carrying his wallet due to the weight of it made him forget

Jordan Henderson on 08:30 - Sep 7 with 3667 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Exactly. 700k a week or whatever at his age - incredible and I’d be doing the same if I was him unfortunately.

So easy to take the high-ground with all of this stuff but how many of us work for companies with very strong links in Saudi/parts of the world with questionable human rights records. It’s obviously much more complicated than that but we all know why he’s there, and he should have just been more straightforward about that.
Jordan Henderson on 09:29 - Sep 7 with 3538 viewsChurchman

Agreed. If he’d said it as it is, I’d have thought ‘fair enough, wouldn’t we all pile in on £600k, £700k whatever it is’.

Trying to dress it up as something it isn’t makes him as thick as mince in my view.

Edit: being that dim, he may well lose all the money he makes in no time anyway. I was reading how high the percentage is of NFL players, who make millions, lose the lot - about 80% are bankrupt three years after retirement according to Sports Illustrated.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 9:35]
Jordan Henderson on 09:32 - Sep 7 with 3504 viewsnodge_blue

It does seem a tad unfair that he gets all the scrutiny and criticism when Gerrard got off pretty much scot free.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Jordan Henderson on 09:34 - Sep 7 with 3500 viewsWeWereZombies

Thick enough to lend another ex-Liverpool player £238,000 now that he is rolling in filthy lucre ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66728843

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Jordan Henderson on 09:38 - Sep 7 with 3476 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Although he's making a few quid, his legacy would have been better if he'd gone back to Sunderland and helped them win promotion, giving back something to his home and the club that made him. It's a bit old school now, but he's a wealthy man already, but taking Sunderland back to the top flight before retirement is something money couldn't buy.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Henderson on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 3393 viewsArnoldMoorhen

He should have just said:

"My agent said a couple of years ago to wear a rainbow armband and sign off on a press release because it would be good for my brand.

But I also had to pretend to use a shampoo that you lot buy in Superdrug, so, you know..."
Jordan Henderson on 10:15 - Sep 7 with 3372 viewsMattinLondon

He’s not a thicko at all - simply doubling down on why he left for Saudi Arabia. As others have said, if he was simply honest and said that the money was too good to turn down then many would have reluctantly agreed with him.

He shouldn’t be in the England team and it’ll be interesting what sort of reaction he’ll get if he plays on Saturday.
Jordan Henderson on 10:57 - Sep 7 with 3289 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Shock horror, footballer goes where the money is !
Get off his back, for that money you would go,so he stood up for a few causes, doesnt mean he cant go and make a living, he still doesnt have to agree with their culture,just do his job, its what he is being paid for. What a storm in a tea cup.
Jordan Henderson on 11:05 - Sep 7 with 3268 viewsMattinLondon

Jordan Henderson on 10:57 - Sep 7 by Naylorsrightboot

Get off his back, for that money you would go,so he stood up for a few causes, doesnt mean he cant go and make a living, he still doesnt have to agree with their culture,just do his job, its what he is being paid for. What a storm in a tea cup.

JH contract at Liverpool was due to expire in 2025 and he was earning a reported basic £200k per week. This does not include win bonuses or other bonuses for appearances, winning trophies, goals etc etc. He would still have earned £20 million if he had stayed at Liverpool. It’s not like he’s working an ordinary job and earning a lot to live off on his retirement.

He didn’t need to go over there in order to ‘make a living’. Also, due to his support for equal rights etc he was seen by many as a role model and now that legacy has been destroyed. He might well have been ‘hurt’ by the criticism that had come his way but it’s fully deserved.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 14:35]
Jordan Henderson on 11:10 - Sep 7 with 3246 viewstextbackup

Jordan Henderson on 11:05 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

JH contract at Liverpool was due to expire in 2025 and he was earning a reported basic £200k per week. This does not include win bonuses or other bonuses for appearances, winning trophies, goals etc etc. He would still have earned £20 million if he had stayed at Liverpool. It’s not like he’s working an ordinary job and earning a lot to live off on his retirement.

He didn’t need to go over there in order to ‘make a living’. Also, due to his support for equal rights etc he was seen by many as a role model and now that legacy has been destroyed. He might well have been ‘hurt’ by the criticism that had come his way but it’s fully deserved.

Who wouldn’t want to watch their bank account from by £600k a week, instead of ‘only’ £200k… not even taking into consideration tax.

Grab it with both hands, so what. We’d all do it in a heart beat

Jordan Henderson on 11:10 - Sep 7 with 3248 viewsHighgateBlue

But your post totally undermines what Henderson himself is claiming. Henderson has claimed that he is NOT going there for the money.

It is mainly for that absurd claim that he has been criticised on here following his interview. First it's patently untrue, as you seem to acknowledge. Secondly, he must think we're idiots to be spouting such nonsense.

There is then of course the issue of the Saudi regime and whether he is right/justifiable in going there. That is a big question. But it is a different question to whether his interview shows him to be one of the less sharp tools in the box.
Jordan Henderson on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 3218 viewspointofblue

Jordan Henderson on 09:32 - Sep 7 by nodge_blue

It does seem a tad unfair that he gets all the scrutiny and criticism when Gerrard got off pretty much scot free.

The reason why this is is because Gerrard didn’t profess to be a key ally of the LGBTQIA+ community and then take the money off a country where it’s illegal. The hypocrisy is behind the criticism.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jordan Henderson on 12:44 - Sep 7 with 3153 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Jordan Henderson on 11:10 - Sep 7 by textbackup

Who wouldn’t want to watch their bank account from by £600k a week, instead of ‘only’ £200k… not even taking into consideration tax.

Grab it with both hands, so what. We’d all do it in a heart beat

No, I wouldn't. And lots of other people wouldn't either.

I wouldn't even change plane in Saudi or any of the Gulf States. The whole "building a playground for the rich" somewhere patently unsuitable at a time of global climate crisis is utterly stupid as well as completely immoral. That Bangladeshi and Filipino etc migrant workers are treated like slaves to build it, and gay people, women generally, journalists, and others, are treated appallingly, are additional symptoms of vile regimes that I could not support.
Jordan Henderson on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 3026 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Jordan Henderson on 12:44 - Sep 7 by ArnoldMoorhen

I wouldn't even change plane in Saudi or any of the Gulf States. The whole "building a playground for the rich" somewhere patently unsuitable at a time of global climate crisis is utterly stupid as well as completely immoral. That Bangladeshi and Filipino etc migrant workers are treated like slaves to build it, and gay people, women generally, journalists, and others, are treated appallingly, are additional symptoms of vile regimes that I could not support.

You Sir are a fool then. Because most would be off in a heart beat. If you really had it offered to you, you would too. Because at the end of the day you have your families future to think of. Or don’t you want a better life for them too ?
Jordan Henderson on 14:24 - Sep 7 with 3005 viewstractor_lady

Jordan Henderson on 11:05 - Sep 7 by MattinLondon

This is my point exactly, people saying can’t blame him for going for money, if he was a teacher on 30k a year offered that a week or month even I get it, but he is already loaded on serious money many of dream of so I’m sorry it’s not excuse. I was a massive Henderson fan, wouldn’t give him the time of day now. There is surely only so much money one can spend in a lifetime????
Jordan Henderson on 14:34 - Sep 7 with 2978 viewsJ2BLUE

Jordan Henderson on 14:18 - Sep 7 by Naylorsrightboot

You Sir are a fool then. Because most would be off in a heart beat. If you really had it offered to you, you would too. Because at the end of the day you have your families future to think of. Or don’t you want a better life for them too ?

He could have set his entire family up forever on £200k per week.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jordan Henderson on 14:37 - Sep 7 with 2965 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Edit, point had already been made.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 14:38]

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Jordan Henderson on 14:51 - Sep 7 with 2892 viewsiamatractorboy

Well said (cue accusations of 'virtue signalling'!!)

In my opinion, taking a job with unsavoury employers if it doubles your salary (or whatever it is) is one thing when you're on an average wage. I would still have some serious qualms about that one if I was in that position. Doing it when you're a millionaire many times over already is quite another frankly.
Jordan Henderson on 14:58 - Sep 7 with 2849 viewsMetal_Hacker

I could've set my family and their family up for life "surviving" on £200k a week and could have negated any sort of criticism for spouting contradictory type waffle.

He set himself up for the fall and spoke of beliefs perhaps under bad advise BUT he still made these claims supporting the gay community etc . You reap what you sow

The criticism is IMHO , very much worthy

Pure greed over morals and "beliefs"

Jordan Henderson on 15:02 - Sep 7 with 2829 viewsmylittletown

There we go - modern society in the UK.
Anyone who who values morals and decency above money is a fool.

And if Henderson's family are having to think about their financial future, they should be asking what he has been doing with his £10.5m a year.
Jordan Henderson on 15:23 - Sep 7 with 2760 viewstextbackup

Bull

Sht

Jordan Henderson on 15:27 - Sep 7 with 2745 viewsitfcsuth

Think it is harsh to call him thick, I think he probably far from it.

Just a PR blunder really with the interview, and guided probably by a PR team that thought his line of answers could pull wool over peoples eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024