Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! 03:56 - Oct 27 with 7834 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Was using boardreader to see what a few championship clubs forums thought of our start but boy did I not expect to see a 9 page thread on us on Man Citys forum!

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/youre-the-weakest-link-goodbye.362225

I don't know whether to be annoyed or amused that the oil barons still care.

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 05:35 - Oct 27 with 4825 viewsVic

I guess it shows that for all the oil money (shall we say ‘franchise money’?) that’s gone into them that there are still proper fans following them? Looking at the length of time some of those posters have been part of that sight it’s plain to see that many of them pre dated Saudi oil. So good for them.

Funny that a banner still winds them up! What is it about us and bedsheets?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 05:39 - Oct 27 with 4808 viewsTresBonne

Haha that is actually hilarious.
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 06:24 - Oct 27 with 4729 viewsiamatractorboy

That is very amusing. The phrase 'get over it' as a thread.
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 07:08 - Oct 27 with 4608 viewsPendejo

Holding a grudge that long despite recent history is proper football fandom, but to then state that we finished too half, erm it was 5th, despite being relegation candidates just adds to it.

I lived in Manchester from 96-2000 and developed a dislike of Massive Citeh fans, way less knowledgeable about football in general than those of Manure.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 07:25 - Oct 27 with 4511 viewsle2blue

That's a blast from the past, back around 2000 - 2002 Bluemoon was the go-to oppo site for checking in and banter, much like Owlstalk and Pasoti last year, how things changed!

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned how we sang "...Blue Moon, you got promoted too soon, and now you're going back down and Europe is coming to town..."

Look forward to being a frequent site we visit over the coming years.
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 07:36 - Oct 27 with 4451 viewsChurchman

That surprised the heck out of me. I’m amazed given their success and our years in the weeds that any of them remember our existence let alone hold a grudge. Funny.
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 07:40 - Oct 27 with 4416 viewsGavTWTD

That is proper footy fans behaviour. Love that.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:01 - Oct 27 with 4313 viewsnorfsufblue

Wow...I'm quite proud we mean so much too them, and they are right.. i personally have never forgiven Gerry Gow and Paul Power for 1981. They are going to love it if KMc goes on to out-Pep Pep!
Login to get fewer ads

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:03 - Oct 27 with 4288 viewsHerbivore

Wow, that's quite something. I guess some of these tinpot clubs without our rich history hold grudges for a long time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:07 - Oct 27 with 4267 viewsArnieM

The way the original poster on that thread refers to us as “ ipsh1t” makesme think he’s a narwich fan and not Man City. Sounds a VERY narwich grip to me.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:25 - Oct 27 with 4160 viewsnodge_blue

So we had a banner that said goodbye you are the weakest link?

Good job we didn’t say something really offensive then, judging by their bitterness. I think a few of them really are loving a fond reminisce about being an ordinary football club rather than competing for the richest most powerful club in the world badge.

I mean yeah f Stockport as well hey. We are real citaaa fans. We would thrash them.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:33 - Oct 27 with 4100 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha that’s brilliant. Proper fans, good on em

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:35 - Oct 27 with 4084 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally fair. I once briefly had a flat mate who was a Coventry fan and an arrogant a-hole to boot. I’ve disliked them ever since, which is quite easy given the state of some of their fans these days.

Bit of an embarrassing bedsheet isn’t it, especially given the divergent paths since. Although it’s better done than most. No having to squeeze in letters at the end of a line, no spelling mistakes. I’ve seen a lot worse. Some thought went into that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:35 - Oct 27 with 4074 viewswkj

One of the comments there mention he mini rivalry we had with them for promotion - and that was correct. Man City and Ipswich we two of the best teams outside of the premier league and we both scuppered one another in critical games on occasions. There was also the fact that Nicky Weaver and Richard Wright were both candidates for the England team. I still hold the grudge towards Man City because of a terrible away experience at Maine Road (non-footballing reason) as well as this rivalry we had.

So, when I revel in Man City's misfortune now it is nothing to do with spending their way to victory but more due to the former. Sadly for me, Man City rately have misfortune to revel in.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:42 - Oct 27 with 4015 viewsMullet

Absolutely baffling levels of dislike. I don't even remember the banner if I'm honest.

Not sure City fans should be looking beyond their own fanbase these days though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:52 - Oct 27 with 3968 viewspatrickswell

Interesting thread that. There are some on there who remember the context behind the banner. I find myself agreeing with the fan who says he could never understand why there was animosity given that both teams went up.

One fan admitted to looking out for our results and Luton’s, and hoping we both lose. Strange to think that we’ve only given them one opportunity to crow over the last 6 months, while they could lose league games to Luton this season. One of them says that they don’t even know where we are now. Very tempting to post the current Championship table and say, “Here’s where we currently are. Potentially 30 odd games away from playing you again.”
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:53 - Oct 27 with 3946 viewsMK1

Sad little people who really should get out more. After all the success they have had since. Beggars belief.
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:54 - Oct 27 with 3934 viewsgainsboroughblue

Also in a relegation battle? Erm we finished 5th.

Sign of the times really, a half arsed banner with a play on what was probably the number one catchphrase in the UK around 2001 and it probably seemed funny in the moment.

Odd how the actions of one person with a bed sheet and a pen can lead to two decades worth of grudge.

I recall being annoyed at the 'pitch invasion' at their Brum game but was totally over it by the end of that month, let alone 23 years later.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:58 - Oct 27 with 3898 viewsSteve_M

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:42 - Oct 27 by Mullet

Absolutely baffling levels of dislike. I don't even remember the banner if I'm honest.

Not sure City fans should be looking beyond their own fanbase these days though.

Oh I do now, it was pretty sh1t at the time really.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 3773 viewswkj

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:58 - Oct 27 by Steve_M

Oh I do now, it was pretty sh1t at the time really.

We've not had a great history with banners

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 3756 viewsGarv

That's a rivalry I didn't know we had.

Because of a banner?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:21 - Oct 27 with 3678 viewsTractorCam

That is quite incredible. Fans banter other fans for getting relegated, shocking behaviour!

Leeds spent 90 minutes chanting about us on the final day when we got relegated, who honestly cares that much?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:28 - Oct 27 with 3634 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 08:35 - Oct 27 by Swansea_Blue

Totally fair. I once briefly had a flat mate who was a Coventry fan and an arrogant a-hole to boot. I’ve disliked them ever since, which is quite easy given the state of some of their fans these days.

Bit of an embarrassing bedsheet isn’t it, especially given the divergent paths since. Although it’s better done than most. No having to squeeze in letters at the end of a line, no spelling mistakes. I’ve seen a lot worse. Some thought went into that.

Pretty funny from their old guard, particularly as an entire generation of their fanbase won't even know what a Championship is, much less an Ipswich.

I wouldn't think too much on the divergent paths, we too could have a treble if we had 115 charges against us.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:30 - Oct 27 with 3608 viewsReus30

Cockney wannabes! What a load of tosh.

Time and success seems to have eroded their brain cell.

I remember that day well, it was when my curse began as it was the final time I saw Town win at home for about 25 games in a row in the early 2000s. Don't remember the banner though...
Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:36 - Oct 27 with 3566 viewsJohnTy

Man City fans still hold a grudge against us! on 09:30 - Oct 27 by Reus30

Cockney wannabes! What a load of tosh.

Time and success seems to have eroded their brain cell.

I remember that day well, it was when my curse began as it was the final time I saw Town win at home for about 25 games in a row in the early 2000s. Don't remember the banner though...

Live in Manchester. The only City fan I know who ever mentions us used to be an Ipswich supporter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024