Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buabo 11:42 - Jan 10 with 6238 viewsWickets

In the very very brief cameo's this young man has had he looks as though he might do well in time .
Buabo on 11:46 - Jan 10 with 5274 viewsBlueDouglas

Agreed, wouldn't it be great to see another youth team player come good, especially a striker
Buabo on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 5262 viewstextbackup

I have it on very good authority the academy team were gobsmacked he was picked.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Buabo on 11:53 - Jan 10 with 5156 viewsMattinLondon

Buabo on 11:47 - Jan 10 by textbackup

I have it on very good authority the academy team were gobsmacked he was picked.

In what way gobsmacked? Gobsmacked that they think that other young players were more ready for the first team? Or gobsmacked that a young player was given a chance?
Buabo on 11:56 - Jan 10 with 5109 viewsbaxterbasics

Buabo on 11:47 - Jan 10 by textbackup

Maybe because he's been out injured for so long?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Buabo on 11:59 - Jan 10 with 5043 viewsMeadowlark

"cameos"
Buabo on 12:06 - Jan 10 with 4961 viewstextbackup

Buabo on 11:53 - Jan 10 by MattinLondon

In what way gobsmacked? Gobsmacked that they think that other young players were more ready for the first team? Or gobsmacked that a young player was given a chance?

Because of his injury and length of time out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Buabo on 16:06 - Jan 10 with 4281 viewsWickets

Buabo on 11:59 - Jan 10 by Meadowlark

"cameos"

As I have said several times on here , I am dyslexic so don't expect me to be word perfect ! Have a nice day .
Buabo on 18:06 - Jan 10 with 3862 viewsNutkins_Return

Buabo on 12:06 - Jan 10 by textbackup

Because of his injury and length of time out

Understandable in that case. As McKenna said though it was 5 mins max. And even that was a bit too long. Obviously got a bit longer second time but he's got something. Attributes fit.

I guess partly just having him around and seeing how he carries himself and fits in. As soon as we sign someone I doubt he will make another appearance this season. Probably not fit e ought for a loan.
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Buabo on 18:20 - Jan 10 with 3781 viewsWickets

Buabo on 11:56 - Jan 10 by baxterbasics

Maybe because he's been out injured for so long?

Do we know just what his injury was and how long he was out ?
Buabo on 19:48 - Jan 10 with 3566 viewsjayessess

Think there's a tendency with the academy kids to assume they're going to be excellent off the back of very little, only to then tear them down if they do actually end up playing any significant amount of football for us.

The fact he's anywhere near the first team is a good sign. I thought he got a couple of good touches in against QPR but didn't really impact the game with AFC Wimbledon.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Buabo on 19:55 - Jan 10 with 3518 viewsMullet

Buabo on 19:48 - Jan 10 by jayessess

Think there's a tendency with the academy kids to assume they're going to be excellent off the back of very little, only to then tear them down if they do actually end up playing any significant amount of football for us.

The fact he's anywhere near the first team is a good sign. I thought he got a couple of good touches in against QPR but didn't really impact the game with AFC Wimbledon.

Nearly scored though!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Buabo on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 3480 viewsPhilTWTD

Buabo on 18:20 - Jan 10 by Wickets

Do we know just what his injury was and how long he was out ?

Hamstring, suffered it initially in the Youth Cup match against West Ham last season, so a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Is rated very highly. Was speaking to someone who used to work at the academy the other day and they think he's got a real chance of making it here.
Buabo on 20:02 - Jan 10 with 3431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looked good to me from what little we’ve seen

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Buabo on 22:35 - Jan 10 with 3022 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Don't want to sound harsh at all. And I hope the kid succeeds for us.

But I genuinely can't remember him touching the ball in either games. And I was at both.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Buabo on 07:05 - Jan 11 with 2598 viewsWickets

Buabo on 22:35 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

But I genuinely can't remember him touching the ball in either games. And I was at both.

Yes very little to go on so far a couple of good touches in one game for me i suppose it was just that he got on the pitch and he was right pissed off he did not get the tap in against AFC Wimb. i sort of liked that . Good luck to the lad anyway .
Buabo on 08:04 - Jan 11 with 2444 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Buabo on 22:35 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

He had 2 or 3 touches at home. Had a shot at Wimbledon which was in the, he’ll be disappointed not to have hit the target from there category.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Buabo on 12:32 - Jan 11 with 2116 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Buabo on 08:04 - Jan 11 by WestStanderLaLaLa

He had 2 or 3 touches at home. Had a shot at Wimbledon which was in the, he’ll be disappointed not to have hit the target from there category.

Maybe for him - Right time n right place to move forward for a short while.
Buabo on 12:56 - Jan 11 with 2049 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Buabo on 19:48 - Jan 10 by jayessess

99.9% of youth team products for any club do not make it at the club they started at. It really is a ruthless game.

If you look at our products in recent years, chunks of them play at Needham, Yarmouth, Clacton, Harwich, Chelmsford, Bury and so on. The better ones have been lucky enough to end up at Peterborough, Cambridge, Colchester and Lincoln over the last few seasons. The vast majority vanish.

We are bucking the trend for most clubs with Clarke, Wolfenden and Humphries being in the first team here, with Baggot on the fringes.
Buabo on 13:29 - Jan 11 with 1936 viewsyorkshireblue

Buabo on 12:56 - Jan 11 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

99.9% of youth team products for any club do not make it at the club they started at. It really is a ruthless game.

If you look at our products in recent years, chunks of them play at Needham, Yarmouth, Clacton, Harwich, Chelmsford, Bury and so on. The better ones have been lucky enough to end up at Peterborough, Cambridge, Colchester and Lincoln over the last few seasons. The vast majority vanish.

We are bucking the trend for most clubs with Clarke, Wolfenden and Humphries being in the first team here, with Baggot on the fringes.

This is not true, we have a below average number of youth team products who have made a league apperance for us than the rest of the league. Both in term of number of players, and matches played.

20th without Clarke,
16th with him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/eigengewaechse/wettbewerb/GB2/art/6
Buabo on 13:58 - Jan 11 with 1865 viewsRobTheMonk

Buabo on 16:06 - Jan 10 by Wickets

As I have said several times on here , I am dyslexic so don't expect me to be word perfect ! Have a nice day .

You can write an essay with lots of good points but they'll always be someone who has to highlight the minor error.
Buabo on 14:00 - Jan 11 with 1851 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Buabo on 13:29 - Jan 11 by yorkshireblue

This is not true, we have a below average number of youth team products who have made a league apperance for us than the rest of the league. Both in term of number of players, and matches played.

20th without Clarke,
16th with him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/eigengewaechse/wettbewerb/GB2/art/6

How many are regulars and what's that vs minutes played?
Buabo on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 1824 viewsGeoffSentence

Buabo on 14:00 - Jan 11 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

How many are regulars and what's that vs minutes played?

Joint third if you look at the U23s

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Buabo on 14:10 - Jan 11 with 1788 viewshoppy

Buabo on 19:59 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

Hamstring, suffered it initially in the Youth Cup match against West Ham last season, so a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Is rated very highly. Was speaking to someone who used to work at the academy the other day and they think he's got a real chance of making it here.

How does he compare with how Tyreece Simpson was rated when he had his Swindon loan?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Buabo on 14:34 - Jan 11 with 1725 viewsbrazil1982

Buabo on 13:58 - Jan 11 by RobTheMonk

You can write an essay with lots of good points but they'll always be someone who has to highlight the minor error.

This particular poster does it regularly, self appointed grammar police.
Buabo on 16:43 - Jan 11 with 1607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Buabo on 12:56 - Jan 11 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

82.567% of statistics are made up on the spot too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024