Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher 18:36 - Jan 16 with 14833 viewsitfcjoe

According to the Express

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 21:24 - Jan 16 with 2378 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 21:15 - Jan 16 by PaulYoungs

You really are a melt.
I have never known anyone as stupid as you

I'm honoured that your first forum post is to me. Thank you.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:01 - Jan 16 with 2110 viewsbaxterbasics

Walk away I say.

Don't let Blackburn hold us over a barrel. Let them keep paying him for 6 months for no reason and then lose him for nothing.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:13 - Jan 16 with 2064 viewsdavblue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:03 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

We ll see how the window goes Herbz. But with 6 months of planning you'd expect us to sort something. So we will see.

The reason I mentioned the 6 months was because of the comment previous about there not being much out there..

There's a whole world out there.

Start of September until January is 4 months being pedantic.

Think FFP is hitting us harder than some might have thought. Canā€™t see us spending 5 or 6 million at this time so we will naturally be limited by budget and a particular attributes said player is required to have by our manager.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:35 - Jan 16 with 1975 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:13 - Jan 16 by davblue

Think FFP is hitting us harder than some might have thought. Canā€™t see us spending 5 or 6 million at this time so we will naturally be limited by budget and a particular attributes said player is required to have by our manager.

Quite.

But we signed hirst 13th July and were still needing another version of him so there's your 6.

But also.. if funds aren't there.. try not having to pay English player tax and start finding some gems from abroad.

Waka waka eh eh

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 07:04 - Jan 17 with 1768 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:01 - Jan 16 by Kieran_Knows

Plymouth seem to be letting every man and his dog leave at the minute so Iā€™d chuck a few quid at them for Ryan Hardie.

From what little Iā€™ve seen of Hardie he looks a good player.

I note that Leicesterā€™s Iheanacho is mentioned in this thread as being out of contract at the seasons end, albeit as a laugh Iā€™m sure. But it raises the age old question. Even if we could afford an immensely talented player like thatā€™s wages, would you want him?

I wouldnā€™t. I watched him last season and he gave the impression of not giving a monkeys; of wanting away; limiting his effort to an absolute minimum. In other words, a very good player but the complete opposite to the type of player in attitude, hunger, desire that McKenna and the club seem to look for these days.

KM and MA have said that theyā€™re not interested in any player that doesnā€™t buy into the club ethos. In other words attitude as well as ability. Would you be prepared to abandon that given the Premier League opportunity and the need to bring in a Hirst replacement? I personally wouldnā€™t, not least because the team spirit, cohesion in the squad is what has got us to where we are as much as coaching and ability.

I guess this recruitment milarky is a little more difficult than ā€˜see player, buy playerā€™, given you have a selling club, player, agent, FFP and your own players to think about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 7:16]
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 07:28 - Jan 17 with 1721 viewsNutkins_Return

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:13 - Jan 16 by davblue

Ffp nothing to do with this one though. We just rightly are not going to overpay by silly amounts on a player worth about Ā£1 mil. Of course there will be a January premium but we can't chuck silly money on a player being bought primarily to see us through the next 6 months. Don't see him as a long term target.

But yes unfortunately it seems younger, maybe higher ceiling players just aren't available at a reasonable price
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 07:45 - Jan 17 with 1684 viewsHerbivore

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:35 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Quite.

But we signed hirst 13th July and were still needing another version of him so there's your 6.

But also.. if funds aren't there.. try not having to pay English player tax and start finding some gems from abroad.

Can't believe nobody else has thought of that. Genius.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 07:57 - Jan 17 with 1635 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 07:45 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Can't believe nobody else has thought of that. Genius.

Thanks Herbz

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:04 - Jan 17 with 1620 viewsStokieBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 18:53 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Yes but we've only had 6 months to plan for this.

You do understand that it's not entirely in our control?

SB
[Post edited 17 Jan 8:05]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:13 - Jan 17 with 1574 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 23:35 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Quite.

They were asked about foreign players, not least at the last fans forum. We had no infrastructure to buy players from abroad and besides, itā€™s something rarely done and is inappropriate for league one and barely appropriate for the Championship.

Itā€™s easy to forget how everything was run down under Evans. There was no scouting network here, let alone in the land of Carlos Kickaball and co. Iā€™m sure the recruitment people are flooded with highlights reels from here to the Galapagos, but are we in a position to be finding ā€˜gems from abroadā€™ that could rock up and provide that striking boost we need right here, right now? Doubt it.

Foreign scouting networks, itā€™s been said, are more appropriate for the Premier League. Iā€™d be planning for that now, but not implementing it yet.

We've come a long way in a short time. Patience is I think something we need at this moment in time. Letā€™s see what things look like 31/1. I must say, Iā€™m not particularly confident that weā€™ll get the right person at the right price. Striker is always the hardest position to fill. If we donā€™t, so be it and letā€™s support the players we have - including Freddie.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:13 - Jan 17 with 1567 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:04 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

You do understand that it's not entirely in our control?

SB
[Post edited 17 Jan 8:05]

There's also time left in the window SB so it's still possible.

But if we don't get the right replacements. Then I refer back to one of my previous posts.. a manager often gets sacked for results even when they could actually have a good reason for bad results.. injuries etc. Doesn't matter if everything wasn't quite in their control.

No different for ashton his team on doing what KM needs them to do. Sorry KM it wasn't in our control would be a terrible excuse for how big the world is and still not being to support him in the way he needs.

But anyway. As said. Time left. So let's see how it ends up.

BTW good to see you delete your personal insult quickly and just look to counter views without the need for it. Appreciated.

Waka waka eh eh

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:25 - Jan 17 with 1528 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:13 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

But if we don't get the right replacements. Then I refer back to one of my previous posts.. a manager often gets sacked for results even when they could actually have a good reason for bad results.. injuries etc. Doesn't matter if everything wasn't quite in their control.

No different for ashton his team on doing what KM needs them to do. Sorry KM it wasn't in our control would be a terrible excuse for how big the world is and still not being to support him in the way he needs.

BTW good to see you delete your personal insult quickly and just look to counter views without the need for it. Appreciated.

Yes, itā€™s a big world. Sheffield Wednesday tapped into it in the summer showing just what those opportunities areā€¦. Oh.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:31 - Jan 17 with 1484 viewsHerbivore

Wow, so we should consider sacking Ashton and his team if we aren't able to secure our targets even if that's because of factors beyond our control? That's a take.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:33 - Jan 17 with 1469 viewstractorboy1978

50%+ of the league are probably looking for a striker. You look at the transfers done to date in this window and I don't think one striker has moved to a Championship club yet, let alone one you would want or think would improve us. We need two of them, it is going to be a tough ask and a complete bun fight as we get closer to the end of the window.

I still think Gallagher will sign eventually. It just seems a bit of a stand off at the moment. Ultimately it is a deal I think all parties want/need.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:40 - Jan 17 with 1440 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:31 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Wow, so we should consider sacking Ashton and his team if we aren't able to secure our targets even if that's because of factors beyond our control? That's a take.

No that's not I was saying. But they can't just rock up to KM SHOULD we not bring in the required players and then ending up with another Ahadme and say sorry KM it just wasn't in our control. KM will publically support them of course as you would, but he as a manager who wants to achieve greatness will begin to get frustrated with it, its natural. But again, lets see what happens. But if you're going to respond then appreciate the responses have to be based on IFs.

Waka waka eh eh

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:52 - Jan 17 with 1391 viewsVegtablue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:13 - Jan 17 by Churchman

They were asked about foreign players, not least at the last fans forum. We had no infrastructure to buy players from abroad and besides, itā€™s something rarely done and is inappropriate for league one and barely appropriate for the Championship.

Itā€™s easy to forget how everything was run down under Evans. There was no scouting network here, let alone in the land of Carlos Kickaball and co. Iā€™m sure the recruitment people are flooded with highlights reels from here to the Galapagos, but are we in a position to be finding ā€˜gems from abroadā€™ that could rock up and provide that striking boost we need right here, right now? Doubt it.

Foreign scouting networks, itā€™s been said, are more appropriate for the Premier League. Iā€™d be planning for that now, but not implementing it yet.

We've come a long way in a short time. Patience is I think something we need at this moment in time. Letā€™s see what things look like 31/1. I must say, Iā€™m not particularly confident that weā€™ll get the right person at the right price. Striker is always the hardest position to fill. If we donā€™t, so be it and letā€™s support the players we have - including Freddie.

The majority of Championship clubs recruit from overseas these days. I've done a quick totting up and 75 overseas players have been brought in this season by Championship clubs, excluding those returning from overseas loans.

Clubs that haven't recruited from overseas this season: Southampton, QPR, us (and Bristol City, if ROI doesn't count).

Don't intend to undermine your point about the difficulty of buying overseas with confidence, particularly given our standing start. It's a well-utilised market in respect to numbers and frequency though, from bottom clubs to top.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:53 - Jan 17 with 1391 viewsBlueBlood90

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 19:54 - Jan 16 by PhilTWTD

We went after Will Keane and then signed Gassan Ahadme on deadline day.

Has there been any recent whispers that Will Keane is one we could possibly target? We've seen several times now that where we've gone back in for players McKenna has wanted in previous windows and Keane fits the mould of the striker we're looking for.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:12 - Jan 17 with 1328 viewsPhilTWTD

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:53 - Jan 17 by BlueBlood90

Has there been any recent whispers that Will Keane is one we could possibly target? We've seen several times now that where we've gone back in for players McKenna has wanted in previous windows and Keane fits the mould of the striker we're looking for.

No, but I've wondered the same.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:23 - Jan 17 with 1254 viewsChurchman

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:52 - Jan 17 by Vegtablue

The majority of Championship clubs recruit from overseas these days. I've done a quick totting up and 75 overseas players have been brought in this season by Championship clubs, excluding those returning from overseas loans.

Clubs that haven't recruited from overseas this season: Southampton, QPR, us (and Bristol City, if ROI doesn't count).

Don't intend to undermine your point about the difficulty of buying overseas with confidence, particularly given our standing start. It's a well-utilised market in respect to numbers and frequency though, from bottom clubs to top.

Good points. Interesting. Two things. Firstly, you have to put your scouting network in place and weā€™ve only been in this division half a season. Secondly (and I donā€™t know the answer) how many of those have gone to parachute teams?
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:24 - Jan 17 with 1246 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:12 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

No, but I've wondered the same.

Do we think he would be interested? I can't remember if it ended well or not.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 1189 viewsLankHenners

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 08:52 - Jan 17 by Vegtablue

The other day I had a quick browse of transfers of strikers to the Championship last January and they were almost all either from abroad or loans from Prem teams.

To be honest I don't really buy the 'we're not ready to look at foreign leagues' angle - with the people we have behind the scenes and the connections they have it's not as if we're completely in the dark, plus any club with a half-decent set-up can do a lot of scouting and analysis remotely. Even Mick in our two-bit operation found Knudsen.

IMO think it's as much of a choice as anything else to go for British-based 'knows the division' players as they're seen as less of a risk at this point in the season. Think we'll widen our net in the summer when there's more time to settle someone new in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:33 - Jan 17 with 1172 viewsITFCBlues

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:24 - Jan 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Didn't he celebrate in front of the North Stand when he scored against us recently for Wigan?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:41 - Jan 17 with 1126 viewsPhilTWTD

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:24 - Jan 17 by JammyDodgerrr

He was released during Covid at a time when what was going to happen was unclear, so not really a typical situation. Obviously they felt he might be interested in the move when they approached him before.
Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:43 - Jan 17 with 1114 viewstextbackup

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:33 - Jan 17 by ITFCBlues

Didn't he celebrate in front of the North Stand when he scored against us recently for Wigan?

Oh no, he didnā€™t did he?!!!?

(The thickos in block 4 calling him a cnt everytine he came near stand might be a contributing factor)

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:48 - Jan 17 with 1074 viewsVegtablue

Blackburn no longer willing to sell Gallagher on 09:23 - Jan 17 by Churchman

Good points. Interesting. Two things. Firstly, you have to put your scouting network in place and weā€™ve only been in this division half a season. Secondly (and I donā€™t know the answer) how many of those have gone to parachute teams?

Very true.

I'll paste the link, because I don't wish to manipulate the data in any way. My filters used: "23/24", "doesn't matter", "without players back from loan", and untick "transfers within the club" (just to remove filler).

248 arrivals this season or fewer*, 74 of which were from overseas (I double-counted Sigurdsson on second viewing, unless there are two of them from CSKA Moscow lol). 21 clubs, so most got involved. Brum, Rovers, Coventry, Leeds, Leicester, Boro, Millwall, Norwich, Preston, Rotherham, Wednesday, Stoke, Sunderland and Watford spent what I'd consider to be notable fees on overseas signings.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/?sais

*potential loan move > full transfer duplicates, I've only sweeped for overseas players affected by this double count.
[Post edited 17 Jan 10:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024