Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eek! Monday….. 22:00 - Mar 29 with 4774 viewsBluePG

Wanting a Norwich win?

Poll: Best Dane?

Eek! Monday….. on 22:34 - Mar 29 with 1517 viewsStu_boy

I can never want that lot to win. Equally i want leicester to drop points, therefore a draw would be the result i'd be content with
Eek! Monday….. on 22:36 - Mar 29 with 1489 viewsFrimleyBlue

Eek! Monday….. on 22:34 - Mar 29 by Stu_boy

I can never want that lot to win. Equally i want leicester to drop points, therefore a draw would be the result i'd be content with

If leicester pipped us to promotion because of the draw they got against nodge. Would you be content because at least nodge didn't win?

I genuinely don't get any town fan wanting anything other than a leicester loss Monday.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Eek! Monday….. on 22:40 - Mar 29 with 1479 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Eek! Monday….. on 22:30 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

No manager would say specifically we will.. he will know its possible and most likely.

So yes you would like any teams in the top 4 to drop any points they can to help your own situation.

I am just revelling in us being top of the table with 7 games to go.

I completely understand the points being made but at this precise moment they mean nothing. You might just as well say if we hadn't been cheated out of the game at PNE or not lost our heads against Cardiff or not had those draws against Stoke or QPR or Norwich we'd be well clear at the top.

The fact remains, win the last 7 games we have, no matter how unlikely that may seem, and we gain promotion either in second place or as champions, regardless of what anybody else does.

My glass is at least half full (which is a surprise considering how much I have already consumed).

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Eek! Monday….. on 23:17 - Mar 29 with 1433 viewsSarge

If we weren’t playing Norwich immediately afterwards I’d say yes. But can’t have them coming into it on a high so I’ll take a battling 1-1 draw, Norwich conceding in the 97th minute, countless injuries on both sides and Barnes sent off for being a knob that can’t play football.
Eek! Monday….. on 07:54 - Mar 30 with 1327 viewsStu_boy

Eek! Monday….. on 22:36 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

If leicester pipped us to promotion because of the draw they got against nodge. Would you be content because at least nodge didn't win?

I genuinely don't get any town fan wanting anything other than a leicester loss Monday.

Let's not forget 2 teams go up. Sounds like you're assuming leeds will go up with lcfc? I'd rather see itfc and lcfc go up than leeds with those boys playing ncfc in the play offs which would be tasty. If we win all 7 lufc wont catch us, we just have to match or better them and focus on ourselves
Eek! Monday….. on 07:56 - Mar 30 with 1321 viewsMK1

Never.
Eek! Monday….. on 08:56 - Mar 30 with 1298 viewsNeedhamChris

Eek! Monday….. on 07:56 - Mar 30 by MK1

Never.

This is an example of being more passionately anti-Norwich than pro-Ipswich.

Caring more about them than us is a little sad.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Eek! Monday….. on 09:20 - Mar 30 with 1262 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Eek! Monday….. on 22:36 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

I was thinking a draw - so both drop points - but actually, you've convinced me. We need a spawny Norwich win (don't want them getting too much confidence before they play us).

Who'd have thought I'd be agreeing with Frimmers AND wanting Norwich to win. The world's gone topsy-turvy!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Eek! Monday….. on 09:23 - Mar 30 with 1258 viewsLord_Lucan

Eek! Monday….. on 22:09 - Mar 29 by You_Bloo_Right

Whether we get automatic promotion or not is now in our own hands.

So why should we care what anyone else does?

Win all of our remanining games and we're up.

If you think we will get anything from Norwich away then you are a madman.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Eek! Monday….. on 09:32 - Mar 30 with 1238 viewsMullet

Why? I've not looked that far down the table.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eek! Monday….. on 09:40 - Mar 30 with 1216 viewsWeWereZombies

Eek! Monday….. on 22:05 - Mar 29 by FrimleyBlue

Why a draw? Surely we want leicester to lose.
Why does it matter if norwich win when we are fighting for automatic promotion.

A draw gives us a points advantage over Leicester (if we beat Southampton and even if they win their game in hand) plus it puts the skids under Nodge to stay in the play-offs if Coventry continue their current winning streak. Hopefully that sets up the Carrot Rudd game as one where they will be nervous and we will be a bit more relaxed (but careful about those passes out from the back, Hladky...)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Eek! Monday….. on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 1179 viewsMK1

Eek! Monday….. on 08:56 - Mar 30 by NeedhamChris

This is an example of being more passionately anti-Norwich than pro-Ipswich.

Caring more about them than us is a little sad.

I could never want them to win anything, not even a 6 toed competition.
For us to go up, we just need to match or better either side below us. That doesn't mean I want Leicester to win, just not that lot winning. There is such a thing as a draw in football. If Norwich win, it will give them incredible belief going into their next game. Beating Leicester will lift the whole club and fan base and they will believe they can now win all their remaining games and make the play-offs in comfort.
A side with that belief can beat anyone. I wouldn't want to be the ones who play them after Leicester if they win that one.
Eek! Monday….. on 09:53 - Mar 30 with 1155 viewsPhilTWTD

A draw, crowd trouble and points deductions all round.
Eek! Monday….. on 09:59 - Mar 30 with 1126 viewsWeWereZombies

Eek! Monday….. on 09:53 - Mar 30 by PhilTWTD

You left out Rowe, Summerville and Gnonto being abducted by aliens at full time...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Eek! Monday….. on 10:03 - Mar 30 with 1114 viewsMullet

Eek! Monday….. on 09:53 - Mar 30 by PhilTWTD

"TWTD Head Honcho Hopes for Crowd Violence at Carrow Rd" as the lead item on Look East this week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eek! Monday….. on 13:00 - Mar 30 with 1014 viewsitfc_bucks

Eek! Monday….. on 10:03 - Mar 30 by Mullet

"TWTD Head Honcho Hopes for Crowd Violence at Carrow Rd" as the lead item on Look East this week.

That'd require someone from BBC Norwich realising there's a county in the patch they're responsible for that's NOT called Norfolk.
Eek! Monday….. on 13:55 - Mar 30 with 968 viewstextbackup

Eek! Monday….. on 22:04 - Mar 29 by Reuser_is_God

Draw please

Then the Barclay roof fall down on the final whistle?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Eek! Monday….. on 15:58 - Mar 30 with 897 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Eek! Monday….. on 13:55 - Mar 30 by textbackup

Then the Barclay roof fall down on the final whistle?

0-0. Both teams kick lumps out of each other and end up with lots of red and yellow cards and the River End gets flooded.
Eek! Monday….. on 16:24 - Mar 30 with 867 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Eek! Monday….. on 22:02 - Mar 29 by homer_123

Let's just concentrate on us.

The team? Yes, absolutely.

As for us, as fans, I think we are going to need help elsewhere, so as fans, of course we want our closest rivals to drop points.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Eek! Monday….. on 16:35 - Mar 30 with 842 viewsRadlett_blue

Eek! Monday….. on 22:15 - Mar 29 by Reus30

Only ever going to say this once...

Come on you dirty sister/mother humping turnips and get three points on Monday.

Do it for the pride of Anglia!

The Budgies are in form, so they have a chance of taking point from Leicester, which would suit us. If they lose, it will reduce their own play off chances. Sounds like a win-win to me or, as Bill Shankly once said when 2 of Liverpool's closest rivals were about to play each other "I hope you both lose".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Eek! Monday….. on 16:41 - Mar 30 with 830 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hell yes. How is this even in doubt? Would people really rather miss out on automatic promotion because they're more worried about them up the road? Madness. The more times Leicester (and Leeds and S'ton) lose the better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eek! Monday….. on 17:52 - Mar 30 with 758 viewsStewart27

Eek! Monday….. on 22:20 - Mar 29 by You_Bloo_Right

Because I hope (not expect) my team will go into every game trying to win.

Why do you (and others) have such low expectations that you predict a "slip up"?

If a slip up happens I will re-assess what I want other teams to do at that stage. At this point in time I want us to win our remaining 7 games of the season.

What we want and what likely will happen are 2 very different things.

I’ll put it down to the booze but it’s not as simple as we will win all of our remaining 7 games and all will be ok.

Do you care to enlighten me the last time we won 7 on the bounce? Of course we’ll be relying on other slip ups.

Daft posts.
Eek! Monday….. on 18:50 - Mar 30 with 712 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Eek! Monday….. on 17:52 - Mar 30 by Stewart27

What we want and what likely will happen are 2 very different things.

I’ll put it down to the booze but it’s not as simple as we will win all of our remaining 7 games and all will be ok.

Do you care to enlighten me the last time we won 7 on the bounce? Of course we’ll be relying on other slip ups.

Daft posts.

Fair enough.

Daft as a brush me. Fancy wanting Town to win every game they play. Utter madness.

Eek! Monday….. on 23:10 - Mar 30 with 598 viewsStewart27

Eek! Monday….. on 18:50 - Mar 30 by You_Bloo_Right

Fair enough.

Daft as a brush me. Fancy wanting Town to win every game they play. Utter madness.

You’re not getting the point.

We all WANT town to win every game. I WANT to be a millionaire.

But to disregard other results because you want town to win is madness no? We’re going to need other teams to slip up.

If we win the next seven I’ll be your personal butler until the next season begins.
Eek! Monday….. on 07:39 - Mar 31 with 511 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Eek! Monday….. on 23:10 - Mar 30 by Stewart27

You’re not getting the point.

We all WANT town to win every game. I WANT to be a millionaire.

But to disregard other results because you want town to win is madness no? We’re going to need other teams to slip up.

If we win the next seven I’ll be your personal butler until the next season begins.

With respect it is you who is misunderstanding me.

I have never said that I expect Town to win every game (in fact I went out of my way to indicate that this was not what I was saying). The fact remains.however, that if we do that we are promoted. Yes another "if" but in our control as far as one can say that about football matches.

It is not madness to disregard other teams' games when our team can have no impact on those results - it may be madness to concern ouselves about those things. Will we win all seven remaining games? You think it's unlikely, I have no idea but as you imply we both hope that's the case. Would it be helpful if Leeds/Leicester/Southampton all dropped points? Of course it would but at least mathmatically at this precise moment it is not a requirement.

Oh very kind but I have no need for another member of the household staff; wrinkled family retainer, Old Scrotum, still provides more than adequate service in that regard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024