Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again 09:03 - Apr 14 with 5213 viewsonceablue

If they don’t we will have to win both at Hull and Coventry

Unfortunately I think Leeds will win at both QPR and Middlesbrough which will put them 4 points clear or in fact 5 because of their goal difference

I think our best hope is Leicester continuing to falter

If these 2 weeks off don’t work in our favour then for the 1st time this season we will really be in MUST WIN TERRITORY

Other concern is we have only scored 28 goals in 21 away games and 4 of them came in 1 game

I really think yesterday was the key if we had have won that we were up

We all know our record in the Play offs so I have resigned myself to another year in championship
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:58 - Apr 14 with 1264 viewsessexpaul64

I cant see Leeds and Leicester winning all their remaining games, it will only take one to slip up somewhere and hopefully we will win ours and finish in top 2.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:26 - Apr 14 with 1226 viewsSwailsey

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:28 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

They can't put us out of anything. It's still in our hands regardless of other results.

And why do you assume they will win their games, but we won't, when they are faltering too?

Because people have to find something to moan about. I think it’s subconsciously.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:47 - Apr 14 with 1205 viewssmithy69

A few on this thread come across as the kind of characters that pops children’s balloons at a party, and walk down a road kicking daffodils as they brighten others days

Think logically (I know this may be hard)

Because we didn’t win yesterday we now have no chance as Leeds and Leicester will win and move above us??? That just doesn’t make sense to me. They cannot win a game currently and are as nervy as us (I actually think out the 3 we are the least nervy)

Games wise we have Huddersfield at home - with them hopefully up or down with nothing to play for. They play birmingham in a monster game before us so you would think that will decide it if there is a winner in that game

Coventry look shot to bits and had some terrible Injuries yesterday. Sakamoto fractured his pelvis amongst others. My friends whose a Cov season ticket holder says their season is done and is concerned they even have enough players registered to get through to the end of the season if this continues . He says there priority is the FA Cup

Hull will be tough - but they are in relatively poor form with regards to winning games so no idea where people on here got that from. Assuming they haven’t looked at it and just guessed. They have won just 2 in their last 9 - with loads of draws in there.

I believe 7 points from 9 gets us there - and that’s easily achievable

Cheer up
[Post edited 14 Apr 10:51]
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:50 - Apr 14 with 1202 viewsSteve_M

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

Honestly can't understand this 'worst case scenario' mindset that some of you have.

Just enjoy being top of the league with 3 games left I reckon, and stress about the last 3 being must win if we get to that point.

Also, imagine watching Middlesbrough yesterday be solid defensively and breaking well and thinking Leeds will definitely win.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:53 - Apr 14 with 1180 viewsGavTWTD

I think Leicester are in a really bad place mentally. Their next match is at home to WBA which I think West Brom could take all 3 points. Its all up for grabs.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:54 - Apr 14 with 1181 viewsHerbivore

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 10:50 - Apr 14 by Steve_M

Also, imagine watching Middlesbrough yesterday be solid defensively and breaking well and thinking Leeds will definitely win.

Thought Matt Clarke looked quality for them. Very solid, reads the game well, and can play out a bit too. They were a good side, it was a good game of football. The main disappointment was that we didn't go in at half time a couple of goals to the good as that would have been a fair reflection of the game at that stage, imo. Second half was more even, we dominated the ball but they broke well and both sides had their chances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:31 - Apr 14 with 1124 viewsKropotkin123

which will put them 4 points clear or in fact 5 because of their goal difference

That's not a fact.
[Post edited 14 Apr 12:36]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 20:26 - Apr 14 with 1044 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:26 - Apr 14 by onceablue

Unfortunately we have faltered at the wrong time 2 points out of the last 9

You write this like the others have picked up 9 points. They haven't. Leicester only three out of 9, and the team we really care about, Leeds, have 1 out of 9. Last time I checked, that was less than 2.

Yea we could've moved further ahead but all this catastrophising is really silly.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 20:34 - Apr 14 with 1035 viewsSwansea_Blue

TBF, after most of the last 22 years expecting disappointment isn’t a particularly illogical position. It’s pointless trying to predict anything at this stage, as the last few matches have shown. We’re all capable of winning all our remaining fixtures. We’re all capable of arseing them up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 20:54 - Apr 14 with 1013 viewsVaughan8

As with last season, people are overthinking it.

You cannot predict anything. Pressure does funny things.

Leeds have to play the team who drew with us away. They could easily not get 3 points there.

Leicester have WBA at home, they still have something to play for.

Leicester and Leeds both have to play Southampton.......
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 23:37 - Apr 14 with 971 viewsBondiBlue

Whose record in the playoffs?

Different players. Different manager. Different coaching staff. Different owners. Some fans are the same but a lot of them are different.

Seems to me like 'we' don't really have a record in the playoffs. And that's assuming that a record counts for anything.

As others have said, cheer up. I know a lot of our new fans aren't used to having a competitive team but you have to understand that this is what comes with it - stress. Try to enjoy it!

Poll: Which would you accept?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 03:36 - Apr 15 with 940 viewsitfctilidie

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

Yesterday does kind of feel massive in fairness.

Think we needed to win yesterday, would've meant we just needed 6 points and Coventry could well be on the beach by the time we play them.

Hull is a difficult game as things stand. They're in great form and I just can't see us winning there.

Lets not forget where we are and where Hull are over the course of the season - if anyone should be fearing anyone it should be Hull fearing playing Ipswich in the 3rd match in 8 days by which time they are likely out of the promotion race anyway - Hull are away at Watford and Coventry. And when you look at scums remaining fixtures - Bristol City (h), Swansea (h), Birmingham (a), I'd say Hull are pretty much done
[Post edited 15 Apr 3:39]
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 827 viewsGreenEye

Boro, QPR and West Brom are decent sides and are all playing Leeds & Leicester. This season has proven that any side can be beaten or get a decent result against any other. We're top with three to play which is awesome. We were a goalpost away from two wins last week which would have made my regular three hour trip home a lot more enjoyable but sh1t happens.
Win the next three and we're up......to become part-players in a contest that only four teams can win (sorry about that whinge on the PL).
Meantime, I've missed out on Coventry tickets and face the dilemma that we've lost all the matches I've watched live on TV this year. Therefore, I will be staying away from the telly as my contribution to our promotion challenge.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 802 viewsReusersTown

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:08 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

Yesterday does kind of feel massive in fairness.

Think we needed to win yesterday, would've meant we just needed 6 points and Coventry could well be on the beach by the time we play them.

Hull is a difficult game as things stand. They're in great form and I just can't see us winning there.

In what way are Hull in great form? They've basically blown the playoffs on their mid to recent form. W2 D1 L2. Exaggerating massively to build tension? What do you gain feom it? What's the point? Hull could also be gone by the time we play them.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:14 - Apr 15 with 800 viewsReusersTown

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:12 - Apr 14 by textbackup

It does feel a bit like the three of us (Leeds Leicester Town) have all had our cock up moments now, teams that have been as consistent as the three of us have been won’t continue this poor form for much longer.

Seems like there was periods where we’d all win every week, and now between us we can’t buy one! But we aren’t all where we are by luck, the two teams that show some decent form in the final three games will go up, to put it simply.

We need to hope and pray that our seemingly tired/fcked squad get a bit of rest and find enough to see us over the line

That's what they all said last week.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:15 - Apr 15 with 798 viewsReusersTown

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:15 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

Leeds are in proper must win territory. One draw means 6 points is enough for us. One loss means 5 points is enough.
[Post edited 14 Apr 9:16]

And they've got the resurgent Soton to finish.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:16 - Apr 15 with 795 viewsReusersTown

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:18 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

7 points from their last 3... Now that they have an almost fully fit squad.

Cardiff, QPR and Middlesborough. Hardly terrifying stuff.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:26 - Apr 15 with 756 viewssmithy69

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:31 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

You're right. Just can't help but be pessimistic with all things ITFC!

I'm hopeful that Burns will be available for Hull. I think having that option is massive. It massivley improves our options from the bench.

Have you thought of supporting soemeone else
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:38 - Apr 15 with 733 viewsjayessess

If you'd offered me this situation at 8pm on Friday I'd have bitten your hand off.

Leeds and Leicester don't get a couple of weeks to rest/recover/reset ahead of their big games. They just roll straight into more games with their poor form, fractious dressing rooms and edgy/angry fanbases.

Leeds will have the pressure that anything less than 2 wins in 2 away games puts them in a tough spot and they've only won 48% of their away games this season.

Leicester are busy having a huge row with themselves and now play 5th followed by 4th.

Even in the worst case scenario, we're still going to have a couple of weeks to prep for three huge games and if we nail that one week we go up. We're in the box seat for top 2, for me.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 706 viewsJ2BLUE

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:17 - Apr 14 by onceablue

Yes I am trying to enjoy but knowing by next Monday we will be 3rd and likely to stay there.

Yesterday was a bigger game than a lot of people are suggesting as it would have then put them in must win territory

I think both Leeds and Leicester fans will be waking up thinking ‘Ipswich have let us off the hook’ again and will also be thinking a lot more positive then us

Leeds and Leicester can potentially put us out of the automatic race over the next couple of weeks

Sheff Wed vs FGR
Leicester vs Millwall/Plymouth
Leeds vs Sunderland/Blackburn
Rangers vs St Mirren
Liverpool vs Palace

How many times do people need to see results like this to realise that football will never be straightforward? You do not know that we will be third.

In fact, there's nothing accurate about your post at all. Three wins and we are up. We might not even need that.

How people can question the bottle of this team I really don't know.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 702 views_clive_baker_

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:38 - Apr 15 by jayessess

If you'd offered me this situation at 8pm on Friday I'd have bitten your hand off.

Leeds and Leicester don't get a couple of weeks to rest/recover/reset ahead of their big games. They just roll straight into more games with their poor form, fractious dressing rooms and edgy/angry fanbases.

Leeds will have the pressure that anything less than 2 wins in 2 away games puts them in a tough spot and they've only won 48% of their away games this season.

Leicester are busy having a huge row with themselves and now play 5th followed by 4th.

Even in the worst case scenario, we're still going to have a couple of weeks to prep for three huge games and if we nail that one week we go up. We're in the box seat for top 2, for me.

I make you right based on law of averages. It's perhaps natural to be pessimistic and assume our promotion rivals will hoover up wins, but recent form says that's easier said than done.

As it stands right now I think we're in the box seat, although that could change before we next play. If we're kicking off against Hull needing to win both of these away games then it perhaps to feel like a big ask, but it's not unthinkable that we do that anyway. Coventry have a ridiculous schedule, and IF we went there buoyed by a win at Hull then I would quite fancy us to beat them too. Regardless of what happens over the 12 days the Hull game is absolutely massive isn't it. Either to keep / maintain pace, or to turn the screw and put 1 foot into the premier league.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 13:07 - Apr 15 with 664 viewsExiled2Surrey

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 12:13 - Apr 15 by ReusersTown

In what way are Hull in great form? They've basically blown the playoffs on their mid to recent form. W2 D1 L2. Exaggerating massively to build tension? What do you gain feom it? What's the point? Hull could also be gone by the time we play them.

Add to that, when I last looked (a couple of weeks ago), Hull were significantly better away from home. No idea why, might be because they share their pitch with a rugby club and their "technical" players are not very good at playing on a ploughed field?
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 13:08 - Apr 15 with 660 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I hear you on the worries.

But look at the college other end of the spectrum…. If results go our way, then we woukd win promotion to the premier league with our next match.
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 13:27 - Apr 15 with 636 viewsblue62

Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 09:31 - Apr 14 by ITFCBlues

You're right. Just can't help but be pessimistic with all things ITFC!

I'm hopeful that Burns will be available for Hull. I think having that option is massive. It massivley improves our options from the bench.

How can anyone be pessimistic this year. I think a lot have forgotten where we were and who we have been playing for the past few years.

I would have been happy with mid table for our first year back in the Championship and then build on that, but we are on the verge of the Premier League.

Who would of thought it?
Will Leeds and Leicester slip up again on 13:32 - Apr 15 with 624 viewsReus30

Leicester are well and truly cooked. I said it at the time prior to the Leeds game - they lose that, it will be 2 into 4 because they are very fragile. I was tooting right!

Leicester are bottlers, their manager already has excuses at the ready as he did Friday. Southampton will roll them over without an issue.

Leeds are just like Town right now and struggling to score with everyone putting 10 men behind the ball but their fixtures are the hardest remaining too. QPR and Boro will stick it right to them. Soton have to win all their games but they won't.

We are top right now with 3 (3!) games to go. I think we will do Hull over and then be celebrating promotion away at Coventry and then the title at PM in May.

It's our time, you might as well enjoy it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024