Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hudderfield tickets 16:12 - Apr 17 with 6843 viewslongtimefan

On sale Monday 10:00am. First priority, members who have attended at least 5 home matches this season.

Edit : Purchased 5 home league match tickets
[Post edited 17 Apr 16:52]
Hudderfield tickets on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 1892 viewsiamipswich

Hudderfield tickets on 09:59 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

Only a small gripe really, but unless there are controls, someone who hasn't been to a game all year could buy a membership today and be eligible before ST holders. Rewards ingenuity rather than loyalty.

EDIT - specifically the members without any purchasing history*, the Wednesday window.
[Post edited 18 Apr 9:59]

Yes in which case I agree with you surrounding people who buy memberships for one game only.

Poll: Who will return first?

Hudderfield tickets on 10:50 - Apr 18 with 1855 viewsmattrolow

Hudderfield tickets on 09:47 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

I agree with all the levels other than the 'members who aren't ST holders' being before ST holders.

Can anyone explain this season ticket point to me?

A ST holder already has their seat, so they are only buying for someone who doesn't fit into the top two priority brackets.

Not sure why they should get priority over someone who has paid for membership (I know they have paid for a ST, but this is for them and for their seat).

Seems to be a common issue from ST holders, like they should get to choose who attends.
Hudderfield tickets on 10:52 - Apr 18 with 1851 viewsunbelievablue

Hudderfield tickets on 10:50 - Apr 18 by mattrolow

Can anyone explain this season ticket point to me?

A ST holder already has their seat, so they are only buying for someone who doesn't fit into the top two priority brackets.

Not sure why they should get priority over someone who has paid for membership (I know they have paid for a ST, but this is for them and for their seat).

Seems to be a common issue from ST holders, like they should get to choose who attends.

Only a small gripe really, but unless there are controls, someone who hasn't been to a game all year could buy a membership today and be eligible before ST holders. Rewards ingenuity rather than loyalty.

EDIT - specifically the members without any purchasing history*, the Wednesday window.

From other message. Personally think a ST holder who is a member (and has therefore paid twice) should get a chance ahead of a 'just' a member, who may not have been to a game all year.
[Post edited 18 Apr 10:53]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Hudderfield tickets on 10:57 - Apr 18 with 1829 viewsmattrolow

Hudderfield tickets on 10:52 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

From other message. Personally think a ST holder who is a member (and has therefore paid twice) should get a chance ahead of a 'just' a member, who may not have been to a game all year.

By your notion though, someone who hasn't been to a game all year but is mates with a ST holder should be able to get a ticket over someone who is willing to put £40 into the club to buy one ticket.

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just not sure anyone should get to decide who gets tickets over someone else. You pay for a ST and a membership for you and it gives certain privileges to you. I don't think, personally, you should then be a route into someone else getting a ticket who hasn't paid for these privileges.
Hudderfield tickets on 10:59 - Apr 18 with 1817 viewsunbelievablue

Hudderfield tickets on 10:57 - Apr 18 by mattrolow

By your notion though, someone who hasn't been to a game all year but is mates with a ST holder should be able to get a ticket over someone who is willing to put £40 into the club to buy one ticket.

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just not sure anyone should get to decide who gets tickets over someone else. You pay for a ST and a membership for you and it gives certain privileges to you. I don't think, personally, you should then be a route into someone else getting a ticket who hasn't paid for these privileges.

Yeah, fair point. Maybe I'm going off what was an unfair historical precedent of ST holders getting a chance to buy 'extra' tickets.

Hudderfield tickets on 11:01 - Apr 18 with 1807 viewsmattrolow

Hudderfield tickets on 10:59 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

Yeah, fair point. Maybe I'm going off what was an unfair historical precedent of ST holders getting a chance to buy 'extra' tickets.

Just interesting to understand the views of a ST holder as someone who doesn't live locally so is a bit more challenged in getting tickets.

Thanks for responding sensibly!
Hudderfield tickets on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 1759 viewschicoazul

Wonder how many tickets the David Lloyd staff will get?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hudderfield tickets on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 1610 viewssmithy91

Hudderfield tickets on 10:52 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

I have only attended one game this year and havent been as regularly in recent years as i dont live close to Suffolk anymore. But i used to go to at least half home matches every season under Keane/Jewell and MM.

One thing that concerns me is 'relapsed' attendees such as myself will have absolutely zero chance of getting tickets now or if we got promoted, when it is due to personal circumstances. I am hoping the club ringfence some tickets for general sale or introduce some sort of ballot to allow fans access to a portion of seats for at least a 1/2 games per season...
Login to get fewer ads

Hudderfield tickets on 14:50 - Apr 18 with 1476 viewswitchdoctor

Hudderfield tickets on 12:55 - Apr 18 by smithy91

I have only attended one game this year and havent been as regularly in recent years as i dont live close to Suffolk anymore. But i used to go to at least half home matches every season under Keane/Jewell and MM.

One thing that concerns me is 'relapsed' attendees such as myself will have absolutely zero chance of getting tickets now or if we got promoted, when it is due to personal circumstances. I am hoping the club ringfence some tickets for general sale or introduce some sort of ballot to allow fans access to a portion of seats for at least a 1/2 games per season...

when we last got promoted to the Prem we were in the process of redeveloping the north stand so we obviously had reduced capacity…I’m pretty sure that a number of tickets each game were put by for a ballot system .
Hudderfield tickets on 15:47 - Apr 18 with 1375 viewsyorkshireblue

Hudderfield tickets on 14:50 - Apr 18 by witchdoctor

when we last got promoted to the Prem we were in the process of redeveloping the north stand so we obviously had reduced capacity…I’m pretty sure that a number of tickets each game were put by for a ballot system .

Yeah they did - I was a Junior Blue back then and you were told you’d get I think three tickets a season in the ballot to Premier League fixtures. You’d get a letter saying which game you’d be drawn a few weeks before and it was taken or leave, but that was one of your three for the season.

I remember as a young NotYetYorkshireBlue being raging that one of mine was the League Cup tie vs Coventry as one of my three as they were in the Premier League as well. Although I went to most games that season through other means.
Hudderfield tickets on 16:09 - Apr 18 with 1336 viewsN2_Blue

They did do a ballot and it was a pretty good system.

As a student at the time (1998-2001) who couldn't afford a ST and lived some distance away it made attending a handful games a possibility that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

I think i got to go to 3 or 4 via the ballot as remember going to games v Leeds, West Ham, Spurs and Torpedo Moscow!

I think they should so something similar. Keep 1,000- 2,000 tickets for a ballot as it allows fans with no recent history or points total the chance to go.

Students are a prim example. For instance someone could have been away for the last 3 years and not really had the chance to go to games. It seems unfair that they'd have little chance of getting a ticket for future seasons based on current priority criteria. As they could be the next generation of ST holders as once i became a fulll time employed i bought a ST. Today's youngsters may even find that difficult to do until capcity is increased if the team's success continues.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hudderfield tickets on 17:23 - Apr 18 with 1253 viewsVaughan8

Hudderfield tickets on 16:45 - Apr 17 by ITFC_Forever

By definition, ST holders are not buying for themselves, but for guests, so that’s probably understandable.

I'm not a fan of this really.

I get they pay for the seaosn etc, but why should they get to bring a "mate" before general sale.
However if any ST holder fancies getting me one then lovely....! haha
Hudderfield tickets on 17:27 - Apr 18 with 1233 viewsVaughan8

I'm in the same boat as you. I didn't get a membership as I would need to get 3 so we can all go.

I've been to 3 games this season but its been more difficult as the seasons gone on (or the games have been on sky and at funny kick off times for me to attend).

The first part, I suppose we need to just "suck it up" unfortunately. However it is annoying that maybe someone who has just seen the good few season gets ahead of the queue, but that is what the membership provides.

The second paragraph, i'm almost sure they'll go a ballot thing if we went up. I can't see how many more STs they can sell without annoying the fans who can't go to every game. They did it when we were last in the PL so I see no reason why not this time. And as long as its done fairly (which I'm sure it will be) then its really the only way!
Hudderfield tickets on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1010 viewsJack27

When it says "Purchased at least five separate home league match tickets" and "Purchased at least two separate home league match tickets" does that mean separate games or can someone who purchased 5 or 2 tickets for one game get the early access?
Hudderfield tickets on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 930 viewslizzibee

Hudderfield tickets on 10:19 - Apr 19 by Jack27

When it says "Purchased at least five separate home league match tickets" and "Purchased at least two separate home league match tickets" does that mean separate games or can someone who purchased 5 or 2 tickets for one game get the early access?

Its per game not ticket
Hudderfield tickets on 11:19 - Apr 19 with 898 viewsunbelievablue

Should be the case dodge.

I'm trying to get one for my old man for Hudds - fingers crossed. Are you still going?

Hudderfield tickets on 11:48 - Apr 19 with 857 viewssquiz

Hudderfield tickets on 20:15 - Apr 17 by SWLondonBlue93

So what do we reckon the chances of any tickets still being available on Tuesday? I've been to at least five home games but frustratingly seems like they weren't always assigned to me when they were bought.

I'd be surprised if they sold out on Monday. We'd have to have over 5000 non-st members who have been to over 5 games for that to happen.

I want 1 for myself and I qualify for the Tuesday release. I'm confident I'll get one then..... I'll be on at 09:45 refreshing the page from then!
[Post edited 19 Apr 11:49]
Hudderfield tickets on 14:28 - Apr 19 with 730 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Hudderfield tickets on 11:48 - Apr 19 by squiz

I'd be surprised if they sold out on Monday. We'd have to have over 5000 non-st members who have been to over 5 games for that to happen.

I want 1 for myself and I qualify for the Tuesday release. I'm confident I'll get one then..... I'll be on at 09:45 refreshing the page from then!
[Post edited 19 Apr 11:49]

I think tickets will be available all day Monday, but Tuesday will be luck of the draw in the queuing system.
Hudderfield tickets on 16:14 - Apr 19 with 657 viewsbrazil1982

Agree - I go to away games "up North" but haven't been to PR for 3 years mainly because of family reasons. May have been fairer to have had "members who joined at the start of the season" There's no simple way of doing this.

I'll be pretty upset if I can't get a ticket though, I've been planning this for months.
Hudderfield tickets on 17:14 - Apr 19 with 590 viewsnrb1985

Hudderfield tickets on 14:28 - Apr 19 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I think tickets will be available all day Monday, but Tuesday will be luck of the draw in the queuing system.

Are we totally ruling out any make it to Wednesday?

I live abroad, have been to three home games this season but always on somebody else's ticket.

I bought a membership yesterday in the vain hope tickets make it to Wednesday. If they don't then it's a shame but at least that's £40 extra in the clubs coffers regardless.
Hudderfield tickets on 17:37 - Apr 19 with 561 viewsyorkshireblue

Hudderfield tickets on 17:14 - Apr 19 by nrb1985

I live abroad, have been to three home games this season but always on somebody else's ticket.

I bought a membership yesterday in the vain hope tickets make it to Wednesday. If they don't then it's a shame but at least that's £40 extra in the clubs coffers regardless.

Leeds put their tickets on sale today for their final game against Southampton to members - no priority what so ever.

A colleague who has been to 10 home games this season missed out as he was 28,000 in the queue when they on sale. He seems to think they’ve sold thousands of memberships the last few days to people just to try and ticket to the final game, but no idea if that’s true.

Apparently they are a handful already on resale sites for hundreds.
Hudderfield tickets on 18:13 - Apr 19 with 523 viewswitchdoctor

Hudderfield tickets on 11:19 - Apr 19 by unbelievablue

Should be the case dodge.

I'm trying to get one for my old man for Hudds - fingers crossed. Are you still going?

yes mate..got my S T in upper north…where are you?
Hudderfield tickets on 19:19 - Apr 19 with 468 viewsunbelievablue

Hudderfield tickets on 18:13 - Apr 19 by witchdoctor

yes mate..got my S T in upper north…where are you?

Over in J block with a few other reprobates. If Dad can get down for the last game will fire you a DM.

Hudderfield tickets on 19:44 - Apr 19 with 441 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Hudderfield tickets on 17:14 - Apr 19 by nrb1985

Nobody outside the club knows how many memberships have been sold, but there will be approx. 6k tickets available to home supporters.

If we've sold more than 6k memberships, then I'm fairly certain many of those supporters will have attended at least 2 matches.

Good luck on Wednesday.
Hudderfield tickets on 20:21 - Apr 19 with 383 viewsStewart27

Hudderfield tickets on 09:59 - Apr 18 by unbelievablue

[Post edited 18 Apr 9:59]

But the season ticket holder has their own seat.

I’m a season ticket holder. Why should I be allowed to buy tickets for my mates before somebody who’s an actual member gets tickets for themselves?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024