Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield tickets 21:10 - Apr 23 with 4161 viewshermir10

Can someone explain the logic - or iniquity - of this ballot for Huddersfield tickets? I’m a season ticket holder (ie I’ve seen 20 home games) and a Super Blues member, yet I’m not going to able to get any more tickets for family and friends? Why do non- season ticket holders, who have invested far less in the club, get preference for such an important match?

danton
Blog: [Blog] Clough and Revie - Their Life and Their Conflict

Huddersfield tickets on 21:14 - Apr 23 with 3052 viewsTractorWood

Cos you already have a season ticket.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Huddersfield tickets on 21:19 - Apr 23 with 3010 viewsSitfcB

Because season ticket holders already have a ticket.

Season ticket holders have always been bottom of the home priority (bar general sale)

It’s only fair.

Your family and friends could’ve become members at the start of the season?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Huddersfield tickets on 21:20 - Apr 23 with 2991 viewsxrayspecs

It is really simple.

You have your season ticket.

Your friends and family are behind members, who have invested more in the club than them.

What do you not understand?
Huddersfield tickets on 21:24 - Apr 23 with 2932 viewsSwansea_Blue

Non-season ticket holders don’t get preference. ST holders do by default. Next in priority they’ve gone by who’s been to the most matches at home this season. There’s an obvious logic there, although we could all argue over the criteria they’ve used to determine the next most ‘worthy’ fans. Personally I’d give them to those who suffered Grimsby away in Burley’s last season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Huddersfield tickets on 21:31 - Apr 23 with 2849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huddersfield tickets on 21:24 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

Non-season ticket holders don’t get preference. ST holders do by default. Next in priority they’ve gone by who’s been to the most matches at home this season. There’s an obvious logic there, although we could all argue over the criteria they’ve used to determine the next most ‘worthy’ fans. Personally I’d give them to those who suffered Grimsby away in Burley’s last season.

Indeed.

I was a season ticket holder under Keane as well as attending that match and many more when we couldn't even get close to a sell-out so can present a very strong case that I deserve a seat far more than those who have watched every home match this season instead!

Now, I can't get tickets to matches I would very much like to attend because there are a lot of fans attending who showed no interest then. Of course, some won't have been born and some will have been going then as well. But, ultimately the current system is as fair as you will get.

If there are 4 season ticket holders who sit together and would like to recognise the fact that I am far more deserving to attend the Huddersfield match, please do let me know and I will happily cover the cost of the match as compensation for you.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Huddersfield tickets on 21:34 - Apr 23 with 2819 viewsClareBlue

Saying non season ticket holders have invested less in the club is insulting to those that travel hundreds of miles to matches, follow Ipswich for decades away and at home but now live somewhere that they can not justify a season ticket, or family or income situation changed to not be able to be a season ticket holder.
You are saying your family and friends who are not season ticket holders should have priority because you have one.
50 years and about 900 games based never nearer than Wakefield to Ipswich. Is that enough investment to have a chance of seeing the Huddersfield match.
Huddersfield tickets on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 2777 viewsIllinoisblue

So non-ST holders shouldn’t get priority or special treatment UNLESS they’re your friends or family?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Huddersfield tickets on 21:45 - Apr 23 with 2690 viewsMeadowlark

Yes.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield tickets on 21:49 - Apr 23 with 2650 viewsSwansea_Blue

Huddersfield tickets on 21:31 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed.

I was a season ticket holder under Keane as well as attending that match and many more when we couldn't even get close to a sell-out so can present a very strong case that I deserve a seat far more than those who have watched every home match this season instead!

Now, I can't get tickets to matches I would very much like to attend because there are a lot of fans attending who showed no interest then. Of course, some won't have been born and some will have been going then as well. But, ultimately the current system is as fair as you will get.

If there are 4 season ticket holders who sit together and would like to recognise the fact that I am far more deserving to attend the Huddersfield match, please do let me know and I will happily cover the cost of the match as compensation for you.

Yeah it's frustrating for those of us who've travelled all over the country when we were crap, but as you say it's probably as fair as it can be. It'd be daft to look at lifetime records, so it is what it is and I'm resigned to it. It'll be easy enough to get more of my fix the next time we're rubbish and in the meantime the streams are better than ever (although changing next season, so we'll have to see how that goes)

Huddersfield tickets on 21:52 - Apr 23 with 2591 viewsPinewoodblue

Can I ask the poster just how many tickets he thought he should be entitled to buy?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Huddersfield tickets on 21:55 - Apr 23 with 2567 viewsVaughan8

Why didn't your family/friends get memberships?

Personally I dislike how ST Holders get priority over general sale. Why should a ST be able to get a ticket for their mates/family (who may have been to zero games) over a person who has been to X number of games but doesn't have a membership
Huddersfield tickets on 07:43 - Apr 24 with 2210 viewsbluelagos

Huddersfield tickets on 21:49 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah it's frustrating for those of us who've travelled all over the country when we were crap, but as you say it's probably as fair as it can be. It'd be daft to look at lifetime records, so it is what it is and I'm resigned to it. It'll be easy enough to get more of my fix the next time we're rubbish and in the meantime the streams are better than ever (although changing next season, so we'll have to see how that goes)

I am all for looking at lifetime purchase records. Watched Ipswich throughout the Duncan years, how many under 30s can claim that?

Jonniecomelatelys.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Huddersfield tickets on 07:49 - Apr 24 with 2183 viewsHerbivore

So you think that because you have a season ticket your friends and family should be able to get tickets over members who have regularly attended games? And you think that would be a fairer system? Show your working, friend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huddersfield tickets on 07:54 - Apr 24 with 2155 viewshermir10

Huddersfield tickets on 21:55 - Apr 23 by Vaughan8

Why didn't your family/friends get memberships?

Personally I dislike how ST Holders get priority over general sale. Why should a ST be able to get a ticket for their mates/family (who may have been to zero games) over a person who has been to X number of games but doesn't have a membership

I only expected one extra ticket, as I was able to get for the Leicester and Southampton games. Of course I understand the increased demand and interest in the club. But to use a previous poster’s phrase, I’ve ‘invested’ 20 years of season ticket holding, watching this club through some dire years. For what could be our most important game in decades I think I’m entitled to be ahead in the queue of others who have watched a handful of games this season.
For what it’s worth, I also agree with the previous poster who said that those who watched Town on a wet and windy night in Grimsby in 2011 should get preference well beyond me (albeit impossible to work out). I go to every home game but don’t get to many away fixtures.
Anyway, I’m just about over this gripe now! COYB, whoever you are at PR on the 4th!

danton

Huddersfield tickets on 07:57 - Apr 24 with 2143 viewsHerbivore

Huddersfield tickets on 07:54 - Apr 24 by hermir10

I only expected one extra ticket, as I was able to get for the Leicester and Southampton games. Of course I understand the increased demand and interest in the club. But to use a previous poster’s phrase, I’ve ‘invested’ 20 years of season ticket holding, watching this club through some dire years. For what could be our most important game in decades I think I’m entitled to be ahead in the queue of others who have watched a handful of games this season.
For what it’s worth, I also agree with the previous poster who said that those who watched Town on a wet and windy night in Grimsby in 2011 should get preference well beyond me (albeit impossible to work out). I go to every home game but don’t get to many away fixtures.
Anyway, I’m just about over this gripe now! COYB, whoever you are at PR on the 4th!

You're ahead of everyone in the queue, your seat is guaranteed. Why should a friend or family member of yours also be guaranteed a seat ahead of others who have memberships and regularly attend games?

Huddersfield tickets on 08:25 - Apr 24 with 2080 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Huddersfield tickets on 07:54 - Apr 24 by hermir10

You clearly don’t get it. Loads of people will have tens of mates, friends, family etc who would love to go but can’t and I can’t see any situation where I would feel entitled to get them a ticket ahead of anybody else.
Huddersfield tickets on 09:12 - Apr 24 with 1997 viewsVegtablue

If only there existed some perks to a ST, like guaranteed access to games in a preferred part of the ground, or a few hundred quid in annual savings compared to buying tickets individually every time.. and now to add insult to injury, our friends and family, who've invested a pittance in the club this season or maybe even nothing at all, are being overlooked in favour of others who either invested modestly or significantly, through membership and buying tickets themselves. It's enough to consider not renewing next season.
Huddersfield tickets on 09:29 - Apr 24 with 1935 viewshermir10

Huddersfield tickets on 09:12 - Apr 24 by Vegtablue

If only there existed some perks to a ST, like guaranteed access to games in a preferred part of the ground, or a few hundred quid in annual savings compared to buying tickets individually every time.. and now to add insult to injury, our friends and family, who've invested a pittance in the club this season or maybe even nothing at all, are being overlooked in favour of others who either invested modestly or significantly, through membership and buying tickets themselves. It's enough to consider not renewing next season.

I’m looking forward to hearing the shrewd analysis of those very occasional visitors to Portman Road who have been lucky to get tickets for this match. If they sit near me I will give them a warm welcome - except of course they won’t, because I and my fellow ST holders will all be in our seats, as we have been for year after year, investing in our team and vigorously supporting them.

danton

Huddersfield tickets on 09:35 - Apr 24 with 1915 viewsJakeITFC

FWIW I don't particularly love the priority order either - a member who has gone to a load of home games this season but isn't a season ticket holder doesn't necessarily make them a particularly long-standing or loyal fan against some others who may live further afield etc.

There is not perfect solution with this and the away points thing, but it does feel like a bandwagon jumper of the last 18 months has jumped the queue ahead of some people who have supported the club for decades via better organisation. Coupled with the Idea that the home loyalty points have only been used in this way for one game (and memberships still being able to be bought up until this was public knowledge with the idea that they'd give you boosted ticket availability) means that some people have a reason to be annoyed at missing out at a huge game in a way that they wouldn't have previously imo.
Huddersfield tickets on 09:39 - Apr 24 with 1899 viewsVegtablue

Huddersfield tickets on 09:29 - Apr 24 by hermir10

I’m looking forward to hearing the shrewd analysis of those very occasional visitors to Portman Road who have been lucky to get tickets for this match. If they sit near me I will give them a warm welcome - except of course they won’t, because I and my fellow ST holders will all be in our seats, as we have been for year after year, investing in our team and vigorously supporting them.

It will be the same as normal hermir. I will be surrounded by my fellow ST holders and the 5000 or so others who have attended most regularly this season, as opposed to 5000 or so others who normally wouldn't be within a mile of the ground.

Putting some numbers on it, the adult renewal price for ST holders this season was £350, £440 or £550 I believe, roughly. The vast majority of those surrounding ST members will, to your irritation, be those who bought a membership and visited 5+ times. The average normal adult ticket price has been £32 I believe, with membership £40, so the person sneaking in by the skin of their teeth has spent £32 x 6 + 40 = £232, for 6 games lol. It puts the value of ST renewal into stark relief doesn't it.. those in the lower North will have enjoyed 17 extra games for just £120 more!
Huddersfield tickets on 09:56 - Apr 24 with 1836 viewshermir10

Huddersfield tickets on 09:39 - Apr 24 by Vegtablue

It will be the same as normal hermir. I will be surrounded by my fellow ST holders and the 5000 or so others who have attended most regularly this season, as opposed to 5000 or so others who normally wouldn't be within a mile of the ground.

Putting some numbers on it, the adult renewal price for ST holders this season was £350, £440 or £550 I believe, roughly. The vast majority of those surrounding ST members will, to your irritation, be those who bought a membership and visited 5+ times. The average normal adult ticket price has been £32 I believe, with membership £40, so the person sneaking in by the skin of their teeth has spent £32 x 6 + 40 = £232, for 6 games lol. It puts the value of ST renewal into stark relief doesn't it.. those in the lower North will have enjoyed 17 extra games for just £120 more!

You do have a point. But I can only say that in my row and the one in front, 97% of ST holders are there for every home game.

danton

Huddersfield tickets on 10:11 - Apr 24 with 1784 viewsSwansea_Blue

Huddersfield tickets on 07:43 - Apr 24 by bluelagos

I am all for looking at lifetime purchase records. Watched Ipswich throughout the Duncan years, how many under 30s can claim that?

Jonniecomelatelys.

In hindsight that was a lot better than some of the rubbish we had during Evans' time. We had some half decent players back then too. Wasn't it Duncan who bought Wark back? We had Dalian and Dozzell snr too. Decent years in hindsight, but at the time it all felt a bit like treading water.

Huddersfield tickets on 10:11 - Apr 24 with 1784 viewsmattrolow

Huddersfield tickets on 09:56 - Apr 24 by hermir10

You do have a point. But I can only say that in my row and the one in front, 97% of ST holders are there for every home game.

It's commendable how you are continuing to push a point which has no legs, have you considered a career in politics?

It's a horribly elitist view that because you are in circumstances where you can have/can afford a season ticket you should control who else gets a ticket.

Your friends and family could have 'invested' in the club by buying a membership and attending 5+ this season. Almost every game has gone to general sale.

I can't even remotely see your point of view and I think it's an unnecessary benefit that you even get any priority to buy additional tickets over general sale.
Huddersfield tickets on 11:44 - Apr 24 with 1612 viewsHerbivore

So you're friend/family member who doesn't have membership and hasn't been to many games wouldn't even be sitting with you? You simply think you should have the entitlement to get them a ticket because you already pay to have a guaranteed ticket?

Huddersfield tickets on 12:46 - Apr 24 with 1465 viewsazuremerlangus

Every home game? I’ve had some great seats for cup games over the years!

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024