Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you rather watch a russell martin team 22:22 - Apr 23 with 1918 viewsBondiBlue

or a Mick McCarthy team?

I'm struggling to answer after that. First half so boring i nearly fell asleep, second half completely inept.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:24 - Apr 23 with 1779 viewsBlueBadger

Mick every time, on the grounds that he's not a preening, w@nky haired, whining, fraudulent budgie c**t.

[Post edited 23 Apr 22:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:24 - Apr 23 with 1762 viewsWicklowBlue

I'm just waiting to see Martins presser interview. 🍿
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:27 - Apr 23 with 1727 viewsBondiBlue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:24 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

Mick every time, on the grounds that he's not a preening, w@nky haired, whining, fraudulent budgie c**t.

Good point well made

Poll: Which would you accept?

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:28 - Apr 23 with 1717 viewsLeoMuff

They looked very very good at PR from 15-65 mins, one of the best teams I’ve seen. They were shocking tonight, you could tell from minute one they were going to lose by a few goals.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:30 - Apr 23 with 1694 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sorry but Mick’s football bored the tits off me, also drove the crowds away.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:31 - Apr 23 with 1686 viewsChurchman

I’d much rather watch Russell Martin’s team. But that whinging ex budgie pillock drives me nuts so maybe not. Stuffed full of PL money, they’re not going to make top three. Disgraceful performance - they should fire him. Perhaps before the play offs.

Barnsley kicked out their manager with a game to play and in the top six so why not?
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:32 - Apr 23 with 1678 viewsRyorry

I actually did stop going to games after a few months under MM's tenure :(

At least with RM there'd be the entertainment of jeering his antics.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:33 - Apr 23 with 1660 viewsBlueBadger

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:30 - Apr 23 by WestSussexBlue

Sorry but Mick’s football bored the tits off me, also drove the crowds away.

This is how we ended up with people thinking it was 'better' under Lambert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:38 - Apr 23 with 1635 viewsRyorry

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:28 - Apr 23 by LeoMuff

They looked very very good at PR from 15-65 mins, one of the best teams I’ve seen. They were shocking tonight, you could tell from minute one they were going to lose by a few goals.

Whatever happened to "playing for pride and the fans"?
[Post edited 23 Apr 23:08]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 23:16 - Apr 23 with 1555 viewsSarge

Boring football, one dimensional tactics and no atmosphere or boring football, one dimensional tactics, no atmosphere and a bellend in a body warmer?
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 06:13 - Apr 24 with 1383 viewsLeoMuff

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:38 - Apr 23 by Ryorry

Whatever happened to "playing for pride and the fans"?
[Post edited 23 Apr 23:08]

Probably ran out of gas, same as we have done a few times this season after a run of games, and hopefully same as Hull and Coventry

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 07:28 - Apr 24 with 1260 viewsVaughan8

I think people forget how bad it was near the end.

I'm sure we went 7 or 8 home games without a goal at one point......I mean, that's pretty bad.

Yes it wasn't all bad, but that lincoln fa cup game. I never want to see that again.
[Post edited 24 Apr 7:28]
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 07:42 - Apr 24 with 1208 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 07:28 - Apr 24 by Vaughan8

I think people forget how bad it was near the end.

I'm sure we went 7 or 8 home games without a goal at one point......I mean, that's pretty bad.

Yes it wasn't all bad, but that lincoln fa cup game. I never want to see that again.
[Post edited 24 Apr 7:28]

Martin’s benefitting from good players at S’ton. At Swansea his football was pretty much as bad as mick’s at times. In 22/23 they only won 2 or 3 games in the first half of the season. Slightly different styles, but equally dull football that drove fans away.

It’s a decent comparison.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 08:52 - Apr 24 with 1119 viewsdavblue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 07:42 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

Martin’s benefitting from good players at S’ton. At Swansea his football was pretty much as bad as mick’s at times. In 22/23 they only won 2 or 3 games in the first half of the season. Slightly different styles, but equally dull football that drove fans away.

i don't think he will be at Southampton very long, the way he digs his players out if the result doesn't go his way, i don't think that's sustainable over a long period of time.

His teams when they are on it are a very hard side to play against, but his CV is littered with half jobs and having never accomplished anything of note (so far).
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 09:16 - Apr 24 with 1061 viewsdezb

Didn't mind Mick's football when we had a fully fit firing Murphy and Didz playing off him. Murphy in 2014/15 was a joy to watch alone. Rarely seen a striker dominate his centre half opposition as frequently and as easily and itngave us a terrific platform to play higher up pitch. Other seasons less so......

Saints looked excellent at portman Road in spells but they moved the ball up the pitch a lot quicker than any other time I've seen them this season. They were appalling last night and dreadful at their place against us though
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 09:24 - Apr 24 with 1025 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let’s start off by saying that Russell Martin is an absolute weapon. A whinging c**t who blames everyone but himself, including throwing his own players under the bus.

However, his football is light years ahead other the turgid dross served up by Mick in his final year with us. Southampton have played some lovely football this season, they tore us apart for 65 minutes earlier this month and are the best team we have faced at Portman Road.

I dint think last night’s performance is fair to judge them on, They are missing Flynn Downes and Adam Armstrong, arguably their best two players, plus their first choice keeper. Due to circumstances they had a fixture congestion and they looked dead in their feet. Had we not benefitted from a two week break we were heading the same way.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 09:29 - Apr 24 with 1011 viewsEuropablue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:31 - Apr 23 by Churchman

I’d much rather watch Russell Martin’s team. But that whinging ex budgie pillock drives me nuts so maybe not. Stuffed full of PL money, they’re not going to make top three. Disgraceful performance - they should fire him. Perhaps before the play offs.

Barnsley kicked out their manager with a game to play and in the top six so why not?

If we appointed Russell Martin I would actively stop supporting ITFC. I would be willing for us to lose every game and would even take relegation to get rid of him. What's the point of being a football fan if at the bare minimum you can be proud of the way the players and manager carry themselves?
I still like Mick, he's a good character and doesn't suffer fools, he is also so stubborn that he would never change. He did an excellent job for us and the fans are too harsh on him (before anyone says anything, some of the football was terrible). Unfortunately now we have a fair few former managers who would not be welcome back at Portman Road.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 10:04 - Apr 24 with 901 viewsStewart27

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:24 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

Nailed on regarding Martin.

But you still have to endure Mick’s football.

So it’s a toss up for me.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 10:27 - Apr 24 with 880 viewsMach_foreignBlue

First and foremost the common denominator is that both are self-obsessed narcissist pr1cks. Never their fault, never.

As for the football, each to their own. Personally I'd rather watch Martin's team as it is all about winning and scoring goals. Being brave although it was far from it last night.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 10:35 - Apr 24 with 855 viewsEuropablue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 10:27 - Apr 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

First and foremost the common denominator is that both are self-obsessed narcissist pr1cks. Never their fault, never.

As for the football, each to their own. Personally I'd rather watch Martin's team as it is all about winning and scoring goals. Being brave although it was far from it last night.

I think you are missing one key point, it isn't the style that Russell Martin's team play in, it is a Russel Martin team, i.e. the team that he is managing, so you have to see him on the touchline and avoid all interviews that he does and you know that your team has lost all the respect that comes with most other managers.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 11:03 - Apr 24 with 797 viewsGuthrum

I would be happy to watch either - so long as they are the opposition manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 11:06 - Apr 24 with 788 viewsWD19

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 10:04 - Apr 24 by Stewart27

Nailed on regarding Martin.

But you still have to endure Mick’s football.

So it’s a toss up for me.

Sorry, Martin is so epic he leaves no room for any other tossers on this thread.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 11:27 - Apr 24 with 747 viewsibbleobble

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 22:28 - Apr 23 by LeoMuff

Flynn Downes
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 13:27 - Apr 24 with 615 viewsVaughan8

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 07:42 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

This is where you don't believe what people say.

First 2 months, they won 3, drew 3 and lost 4

Then after won 5 out of the next 6 (only losing to Burnley).

And he didn't not score for 7 games at home. Not sure people understand how BAD that is.
Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 13:32 - Apr 24 with 594 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would you rather watch a russell martin team on 13:27 - Apr 24 by Vaughan8

This is where you don't believe what people say.

First 2 months, they won 3, drew 3 and lost 4

Then after won 5 out of the next 6 (only losing to Burnley).

And he didn't not score for 7 games at home. Not sure people understand how BAD that is.

Sorry, timelines are wrong. They won 3 out of 21 games after the restart following the World Cup break, not the start of the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024