Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why were Hull City 11:48 - Apr 28 with 2068 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

wearing their away kit last night?
Why were Hull City on 12:07 - Apr 28 with 1990 viewsHighgateBlue

To showcase the creativity and imagination that went into making an away kit that's so very different from their home colours.
Why were Hull City on 12:10 - Apr 28 with 1970 viewsZx1988

I'm not sure if it had a basis in fact, or was just speculation, but the Sky team talked about it being brighter under the lights, and the fact that Hull had been better away from home this season.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Why were Hull City on 12:17 - Apr 28 with 1921 viewspointofblue

Read elsewhere it's next season kit, so promoting it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why were Hull City on 12:31 - Apr 28 with 1880 viewsZx1988

Why were Hull City on 12:17 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Read elsewhere it's next season kit, so promoting it.

No, it's definitely their away shirt from this season.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Why were Hull City on 12:34 - Apr 28 with 1866 viewspointofblue

Why were Hull City on 12:31 - Apr 28 by Zx1988

No, it's definitely their away shirt from this season.

Why the heck is their away kit orange?

Have to admit I watched the whole game forgetting they're normally in black and orange stripes.

Why were Hull City on 12:59 - Apr 28 with 1804 viewsPhilTWTD

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-boss-expl
Why were Hull City on 13:15 - Apr 28 with 1728 viewsSufferingCovFan

Am I the only one laughing here ?

Hull's home shirt is Amber and Black stripes.

Away shirts were introduced to avoid conflicts with clubs who wear home shirts in similar colours.

So to make sure they don't accidentally clash with other orange/amber wearing clubs, they have a Orange away shirt. Wow, those black stripes must make all the difference

Brainfreeze moment
Why were Hull City on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 1679 viewsIllinoisblue

Why were Hull City on 12:59 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-boss-expl

Wanted it to be vibrant and make it easier for players to see each other… maybe Sheff Utd should have been wearing their neon yellow away kit from the early 90s this season!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Why were Hull City on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 1666 viewspointofblue

Interesting. Excluding Millwall, not sure the orange away kit has led to bright and vibrant performances from us - West Brom away, Huddersfield away, Birmingham away, Leeds away, Leicester away for the first half...

Why were Hull City on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 1650 viewsKentish_Tractor

Probably did it to confuse our players who are used to playing away from home in orange.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Why were Hull City on 18:20 - Apr 28 with 1298 viewshoppy

Why were Hull City on 13:15 - Apr 28 by SufferingCovFan

Away shirts were introduced to avoid conflicts with clubs who wear home shirts in similar colours.

So to make sure they don't accidentally clash with other orange/amber wearing clubs, they have a Orange away shirt. Wow, those black stripes must make all the difference

Brainfreeze moment

Similar to a few years ago when Norwich had a green and yellow away kit, and think also a 3rd kit in yellow and green too...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why were Hull City on 18:43 - Apr 28 with 1234 viewsMark

I hated it when Ipswich wore black at Portman Road, and am glad we didn't repeat that this season. I am not sure why the EFL allow it. It is bad enough when teams wear their second and third shirts away from home,when there is no colour clash at all, as seems to happen all the time these days.
Why were Hull City on 21:29 - Apr 28 with 1059 viewsVaughan8

Why were Hull City on 13:15 - Apr 28 by SufferingCovFan

Brainfreeze moment

I genuinely thought it was their home shirt...!

If that is an away shirt then how ridiculous.
Why were Hull City on 21:38 - Apr 28 with 1026 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Why were Hull City on 18:43 - Apr 28 by Mark

I hated it when Ipswich wore black at Portman Road, and am glad we didn't repeat that this season. I am not sure why the EFL allow it. It is bad enough when teams wear their second and third shirts away from home,when there is no colour clash at all, as seems to happen all the time these days.

The EFL only allow you to wear a non-home kit at home once per season. I liked the Blackout shirt as a one off and don't mind us wearing a kit like that at home once a decade or something if there's a valid reason, but if we started wearing gimmick kits or away kits at home once a season every season I'd get pretty tired of it.
Why were Hull City on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 965 viewsgainsboroughblue

Why were Hull City on 18:20 - Apr 28 by hoppy

Similar to a few years ago when Norwich had a green and yellow away kit, and think also a 3rd kit in yellow and green too...

Celtic used to have an away kit of all green for a few seasons as well.

Sure I can recall the Sheffield clubs having white as an away kit several times in the past.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why were Hull City on 21:59 - Apr 28 with 948 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why were Hull City on 12:34 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Why the heck is their away kit orange?

Have to admit I watched the whole game forgetting they're normally in black and orange stripes.

Possibly as an excuse to sell a third kit? It’s certainly an illogical choice of colour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why were Hull City on 23:10 - Apr 28 with 864 viewsMark

Why were Hull City on 21:38 - Apr 28 by HungryLikeTheWoolf

The EFL only allow you to wear a non-home kit at home once per season. I liked the Blackout shirt as a one off and don't mind us wearing a kit like that at home once a decade or something if there's a valid reason, but if we started wearing gimmick kits or away kits at home once a season every season I'd get pretty tired of it.

It would especially be an issue if the away team wore the home team's colours. When we wore black, Derby wore white. If the opposition wore blue at Portman Road it would have been worse.

When I was young I used to know all the home and away colours and teams were recognisable. These days they seem to play in any colours. Man City wore white today at Nottingham Forest.
Why were Hull City on 23:40 - Apr 28 with 821 viewsgainsboroughblue

Why were Hull City on 23:10 - Apr 28 by Mark

It would especially be an issue if the away team wore the home team's colours. When we wore black, Derby wore white. If the opposition wore blue at Portman Road it would have been worse.

When I was young I used to know all the home and away colours and teams were recognisable. These days they seem to play in any colours. Man City wore white today at Nottingham Forest.

To me, I associate certain teams with certain away colours that they should never stray from.

Leeds, Arsenal, Sheff Wed, Spurs yellow
Forest, Man Utd, Everton white
QPR Red/black

Actually, maybe yellow for Everton.
[Post edited 28 Apr 23:42]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why were Hull City on 07:24 - Apr 29 with 644 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"They put everything into that and I couldn't be proud of them."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024