Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ 06:31 - May 1 with 3574 viewsgtsb1966

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:13 - May 1 with 3144 viewsEdmundo

He is a decent bloke to be fair. Been through a hell of a lot.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:30 - May 1 with 2991 viewstextbackup

Heā€™s one norwich fan you canā€™t help but want to give a friendly hug to

Weā€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:32 - May 1 with 2971 viewsbazza

Actually a good few on WOTB, shutting down people saying we were lucky etc and we have done brilliantly.
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:47 - May 1 with 2803 viewsHerbivore

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:30 - May 1 by textbackup

Heā€™s one norwich fan you canā€™t help but want to give a friendly hug to

Yeah, aside from everything he's been through he's always actually come across as quite likeable. A few of the Nodge players that do a bit of punditry have been very complimentary of us as well, it's only really that monumental bellend Chris Sutton who struggles to bring himself to not be a tw@t when discussing Towen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:09 - May 1 with 2643 viewsSteve_M

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:47 - May 1 by Herbivore

Yeah, aside from everything he's been through he's always actually come across as quite likeable. A few of the Nodge players that do a bit of punditry have been very complimentary of us as well, it's only really that monumental bellend Chris Sutton who struggles to bring himself to not be a tw@t when discussing Towen.

You could lose the last three words from your post quite readily.
[Post edited 1 May 11:43]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:12 - May 1 with 2605 viewsDyland

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:32 - May 1 by bazza

Actually a good few on WOTB, shutting down people saying we were lucky etc and we have done brilliantly.

The more level headed budgies will be fondly remembering Lambert's similar feat for them. And fair play to them. I left that 1-5 reverse completely miffed with how inept and unprofessional we were, and how ruthlessly and simply them up the road played.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:37 - May 1 with 2441 viewsdavblue

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:12 - May 1 by Dyland

The more level headed budgies will be fondly remembering Lambert's similar feat for them. And fair play to them. I left that 1-5 reverse completely miffed with how inept and unprofessional we were, and how ruthlessly and simply them up the road played.

i've seen a few saying at least it will be 16 years if we go up....
[Post edited 1 May 8:38]
Arf, that is funny tbf (n/t) on 08:39 - May 1 with 2383 viewsDyland

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:37 - May 1 by davblue

i've seen a few saying at least it will be 16 years if we go up....
[Post edited 1 May 8:38]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:42 - May 1 with 2336 viewshoppy

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:13 - May 1 by Edmundo

He is a decent bloke to be fair. Been through a hell of a lot.

He is. Iā€™ve known him for years. (And no, knowing me is not what was meant by how much heā€™s been through!)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 08:42 - May 1 with 2328 viewspointofblue

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:47 - May 1 by Herbivore

And even Sutton didn't overdo it - for him - after the derby win. Understandably smug but still pointed out what a brilliant season we were having overall.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:03 - May 1 with 2141 viewstractorshark

Iā€™ve always said itā€™s much better for the entire area and our football if Norwich and Ipswich are both successful.
Of course thereā€™s going to be banter, of course thereā€™s a fierce rivalry and of course weā€™ll laugh at each otherā€™s misfortunes.
But the derby is something special and you want to be playing it in the highest division.
It makes it easier to attract players and the whole area benefits.
I donā€™t have any love for Norwich but, like Simon Thomas, I do possess the rationality to acknowledge when they have got something right.
That team that won promotion under Lambert was very good, even if I couldnā€™t stand Grant Holtā€™s tactics.
Now, hopefully, itā€™s our turn and whatever happens on Saturday, it would take the most one-eyed Norwich fan not to recognise the achievement of McKenna and this squad, even if they wonā€™t admit it in public.
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:06 - May 1 with 2084 viewsAsa

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:03 - May 1 by tractorshark

Iā€™ve always said itā€™s much better for the entire area and our football if Norwich and Ipswich are both successful.
Of course thereā€™s going to be banter, of course thereā€™s a fierce rivalry and of course weā€™ll laugh at each otherā€™s misfortunes.
But the derby is something special and you want to be playing it in the highest division.
I donā€™t have any love for Norwich but, like Simon Thomas, I do possess the rationality to acknowledge when they have got something right.
That team that won promotion under Lambert was very good, even if I couldnā€™t stand Grant Holtā€™s tactics.
Now, hopefully, itā€™s our turn and whatever happens on Saturday, it would take the most one-eyed Norwich fan not to recognise the achievement of McKenna and this squad, even if they wonā€™t admit it in public.

If we go up, there's almost an argument now for hoping Norwich go up so that they, along with -20 points Leicester can take 2/3 relegation slots.

I'm kidding. I want them to get thrashed on Saturday, miss out on goal difference, be financially ruined and for Ashton to peak by picking up Sara for a steal sending the divorced 50 year old Snake Pit regulars into WOTB meltdown.
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:46 - May 1 with 1900 viewsdavblue

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:03 - May 1 by tractorshark

I donā€™t want them to go up. Not a chance.

Theyā€™ve had enough opportunities over the last 15 years.
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:56 - May 1 with 1833 viewstractorshark

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:46 - May 1 by davblue

I donā€™t want them to go up. Not a chance.

Theyā€™ve had enough opportunities over the last 15 years.

Iā€™m not really saying I want them to go up, I just maintain itā€™s better for the whole of East Anglia when both clubs are competing in the top division.
Itā€™s been a long time since weā€™ve seen that.
I suppose the point Iā€™m making is it is possible to hate each other but still have a begrudging respect for your rivalsā€™ achievements.
But for what itā€™s worth, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll win the playoffs.
[Post edited 1 May 9:56]
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 10:21 - May 1 with 1666 viewsJ2BLUE

Good guy. Good presenter as well, can see why he got Soccer Saturday.

The only time you would know he's a Norwich fan is when one of the pundits mention it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 10:28 - May 1 with 1622 viewsitfcjoe

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 09:56 - May 1 by tractorshark

Iā€™m not really saying I want them to go up, I just maintain itā€™s better for the whole of East Anglia when both clubs are competing in the top division.
Itā€™s been a long time since weā€™ve seen that.
I suppose the point Iā€™m making is it is possible to hate each other but still have a begrudging respect for your rivalsā€™ achievements.
But for what itā€™s worth, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll win the playoffs.
[Post edited 1 May 9:56]

Think it would be nice to see their parachute payments stop and for the first time in 15 years or so not have PL TV Money or Parachute Payments to drag them down. They can bounce back after once we establish ourselves but will be helpful for our dominance in the region

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 11:29 - May 1 with 1439 viewstractorshark

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 10:28 - May 1 by itfcjoe

Think it would be nice to see their parachute payments stop and for the first time in 15 years or so not have PL TV Money or Parachute Payments to drag them down. They can bounce back after once we establish ourselves but will be helpful for our dominance in the region

Youā€™re right. It will make a huge difference to them.
Knowing our luck theyā€™ll vote to ditch parachute payments just as we get promoted!!!
It has a created a massively unfair playing field and encouraged clubs to spend beyond their means.
We have been the victim of that along with others, while the likes of Norwich have yo-yoā€™d between the divisions.
When people tell me if we go up, weā€™ll get thrashed every week, I dispute that on the grounds that weā€™re better than that and McKenna is a genius.
However, even if we do get relegated straight away, that one season will be enough to secure our future for years to come providing the owners maintain their calculated and sensible approach.
Undoubtedly, Norwich face tough times if they donā€™t get promoted this season.
Iā€™ve only seen himā€¦ on 11:36 - May 1 with 1370 viewsBloots

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 10:21 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Good guy. Good presenter as well, can see why he got Soccer Saturday.

The only time you would know he's a Norwich fan is when one of the pundits mention it.

ā€¦.on Soccer Saturday a couple of times, but I thought he was pretty crap to be honest.

Kept getting scores/scorers wrong, kept going to the wrong pundit and insisted on having his shirt unbuttoned showing of his scrawny pigeon neck.

I think the other bloke that stands in, Julian something, is better.

Balls.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Yep, no para moneyā€¦ on 11:40 - May 1 with 1327 viewsBloots

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 10:28 - May 1 by itfcjoe

ā€¦is going to totally screw them.

They insist on the fact that they are financially ā€œself sustainableā€ but thatā€™s only been the case because of para payments.

Without them they are going to have to sell Rowe, Sara and Sargent. They have a huge wage bill and will be totally fecked.

I hope they stay down and rot in the lower leagues for perpetuity.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 12:51 - May 1 with 1062 viewsGogs

Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 07:32 - May 1 by bazza

I wonder how the ā€˜Talk N*rw*ch C*tyā€™ berks are dealing with it? Actually, come to think of it, I donā€™t. F**k ā€˜em.
Simon Thomas šŸ‘ on 13:10 - May 1 with 939 viewsitfc48

Got a lot of respect for anyone that can recognise a rival's achievements. There's a lot of tinted glasses nonsense in this social media age. I don't want Norwich to do well but if they do get promoted then fair play. An East Anglian derby in the Prem would be pretty special.
Yep, no para moneyā€¦ on 13:26 - May 1 with 849 viewsElderGrizzly

Yep, no para moneyā€¦ on 11:40 - May 1 by Bloots

ā€¦is going to totally screw them.

They insist on the fact that they are financially ā€œself sustainableā€ but thatā€™s only been the case because of para payments.

Without them they are going to have to sell Rowe, Sara and Sargent. They have a huge wage bill and will be totally fecked.

I hope they stay down and rot in the lower leagues for perpetuity.

Wage bill over twice as much as us and if believed still paying Ben Gibson Ā£60k a week.

Without the PL doping of parachute payments, they are indeed in a rather big mess.
Yep, no para moneyā€¦ on 13:46 - May 1 with 768 viewshoppy

Yep, no para moneyā€¦ on 13:26 - May 1 by ElderGrizzly

Wage bill over twice as much as us and if believed still paying Ben Gibson Ā£60k a week.

Without the PL doping of parachute payments, they are indeed in a rather big mess.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024