Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical Ticket Sale 08:53 - May 2 with 4538 viewsLeBlue

A friend of mine asked me last night if someone offered me £5,000 for my ticket on Saturday, would I sell it.

Now, don't get me wrong, £5k is a lot of cash for me but it would be a definite no.

Just got me wondering, how much would it take to prise that ticket out of your hands.....
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 08:56 - May 2 with 2850 viewsReuser_is_God

I wouldn’t.

We’ve waited 24 years the day that Saturday could be.

Priceless.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 08:58 - May 2 with 2827 viewsbluelagos

Not happening.

What did half annoy me was that I got 2 tickets for the Olympics closing ceremony in London but couldn't go as I was working overseas. Gave them to a friend who was offered £5k for the pair by a drunk American tourist outside the stadium.

When I asked why she didn't take it, she said she thought I'd be annoyed with her for selling them. Would have happily split the dosh with her but wasn't to be.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:00 - May 2 with 2805 viewshype313

Life is about experience's, money comes and goes, days like this are a generational event.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:04 - May 2 with 2769 viewsTractorCam

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 08:56 - May 2 by Reuser_is_God

I wouldn’t.

We’ve waited 24 years the day that Saturday could be.

Priceless.

My mate said the same about if someone offered me £100k. Not a chance.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:11 - May 2 with 2712 viewswkj

I would take the £5k and then blag my way into a hospitality package for the day

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:17 - May 2 with 2674 viewsZx1988

I ended up missing Exeter last season because I stupidly assumed we were playoffs-bound after the Bristol debacle (absolutely no chance of winning almost all of the final fifteen games, eh?) and booked to be abroad for a concert instead of confirming playoffs against Exeter.

I assumed that I'd probably get another chance to celebrate at some point in the not-too-distant future, but never once considered that such an opportunity would come by the very next season.

Right now I can't think of any (sensible) sum of money that would convince me to part with my ticket.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:18 - May 2 with 2661 viewstextbackup

I’d sell my daughters two tickets for £50 each as they aren’t even fussed about being there. But mine is priceless!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:19 - May 2 with 2644 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'd definitely take £10k.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:20 - May 2 with 2634 viewsbackwaywhen

Why what’s happening Saturday ? ….I’ll get my coat .
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:23 - May 2 with 2620 viewsmkbobby

I'm a season ticket holder in the Bobby Robson upper and i cant make it for the last game as i booked a weekend in blackpool for a northern soul event in october never ever thought we'd be in this situation , been to the last 2 away games at Hull and coventry was really hoping we would get promoted at Coventry for my own selfish thoughts but have given my season ticket to a friends girlfriend to attend would rather someone i know go than sell it for profit , so i now have to watch the game in a random pub in Blackpool lol, gonna be nervous as hell on my own
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:41 - May 2 with 2528 viewsbackwaywhen

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:23 - May 2 by mkbobby

I'm a season ticket holder in the Bobby Robson upper and i cant make it for the last game as i booked a weekend in blackpool for a northern soul event in october never ever thought we'd be in this situation , been to the last 2 away games at Hull and coventry was really hoping we would get promoted at Coventry for my own selfish thoughts but have given my season ticket to a friends girlfriend to attend would rather someone i know go than sell it for profit , so i now have to watch the game in a random pub in Blackpool lol, gonna be nervous as hell on my own

I would have definitely given up the northern soul weekend to be there Saturday….no brainier .
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:44 - May 2 with 2493 viewsStewart27

I wouldn’t sell it for anything.

Thankfully my wife isn’t on this forum.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:45 - May 2 with 2486 viewsEuropablue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:04 - May 2 by TractorCam

5k is not enough. 100k is really getting there.
500k would definitely do it. I'm not about to put my own selfish desire to watch a football match over the long-term financial security of my family. Watching us live in the stadium is not going to be life-changing in the same way as that kind of money.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:49 - May 2 with 2443 viewsunbelievablue

Nah. Money can't buy the feeling.

I offered it to my old man, but he wouldn't have it, so I'm going. Especially as I missed Exeter last year.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:50 - May 2 with 2423 viewsStewart27

Christ!

I’d be sacking that concert right off!
[Post edited 2 May 9:51]
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:00 - May 2 with 2329 viewsN2_Blue

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:41 - May 2 by backwaywhen

I would have definitely given up the northern soul weekend to be there Saturday….no brainier .

Indeed. Being at the Exeter game last season along with the play-off final in 2000 are two days that will never leave my memory, they still make my hairs stand on end when i close my eyes and recall the feeling of being there.

I think I'm risking divorce by going on Saturday! As I write saturday's off by travelling from West London for every home game we basically have agreement we'll go away together for bank holiday weekends and had something provisionally booked. I foolishly didn't realise this game was a bank holiday weekend until a few weeks ago and now she's not happy but I've said come 12:30 Saturday i'll be at Portman Road, it's basically non-negotiable.
[Post edited 2 May 10:02]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:00 - May 2 with 2326 viewstextbackup

Surely there will be another one of these shows/concerts?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:06 - May 2 with 2260 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Depends on your financial circumstances I guess, but I don't believe anyone who says their ticket is priceless. Surely everyone has a tipping point.

I'd want more than the price of a holiday, but if someone offered to pay my mortgage off...
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:06 - May 2 with 2260 viewsnrb1985

On a similar topic, part of my job is often to arrange hospitality for Clients at various things. There are few "brokers" that we would use for this.

As long as you're prepared to pay, they will find tickets - be it Wimbledon, Silverstone, NFL etc.

I have been to every single one of these people and others in my network (an agent, a semi-senior person at sky etc) not a single one of them can get their hands on a ticket for Saturday!! I've literally never seen this before!

I've now resigned myself to a pub in town for Saturday and fair play to all of you who are going and that sat through the Evans era etc. I hope it's a day to remember for all of us, including you guys in the ground! Very envious!
[Post edited 2 May 10:10]
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:10 - May 2 with 2212 viewsthebooks

[Checks mortgage] £170,000 and it’s yours.

Then I’d upgrade my son’s U19 ticket to an adult one for £10.61. He’s got his whole life ahead of him.
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:11 - May 2 with 2203 viewsGeoffSentence

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:04 - May 2 by TractorCam

I'd sell for 100K and then buy wkj's for 5k.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:12 - May 2 with 2169 viewsGeoffSentence

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:00 - May 2 by N2_Blue

Indeed. Being at the Exeter game last season along with the play-off final in 2000 are two days that will never leave my memory, they still make my hairs stand on end when i close my eyes and recall the feeling of being there.

I think I'm risking divorce by going on Saturday! As I write saturday's off by travelling from West London for every home game we basically have agreement we'll go away together for bank holiday weekends and had something provisionally booked. I foolishly didn't realise this game was a bank holiday weekend until a few weeks ago and now she's not happy but I've said come 12:30 Saturday i'll be at Portman Road, it's basically non-negotiable.
[Post edited 2 May 10:02]

Change your bank holidy weekend trip to one in Suffolk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:13 - May 2 with 2153 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:10 - May 2 by thebooks

[Checks mortgage] £170,000 and it’s yours.

Then I’d upgrade my son’s U19 ticket to an adult one for £10.61. He’s got his whole life ahead of him.

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:16 - May 2 with 2127 viewsMeadowlark

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:00 - May 2 by hype313

Life is about experience's, money comes and goes, days like this are a generational event.

....and apostrophe's 😁
Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 10:42 - May 2 with 1988 viewsBlue_Stain

Hypothetical Ticket Sale on 09:49 - May 2 by unbelievablue

Nah. Money can't buy the feeling.

I offered it to my old man, but he wouldn't have it, so I'm going. Especially as I missed Exeter last year.

you're a good egg, mine would have to be prised from my cold, dead hand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024