Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? 12:58 - May 3 with 2024 viewsGarv

Being a day away from needing a point to secure promotion is well up there, but for me it was the period between September and November where we seemed to be scoring three or four goals every home game, and winning most away 1-0.

The good start we had could have been put down to momentum and like many people predicted you might have thought we'd fall away, but how we sustained it and blew teams away over the next 3 months was unreal.

By the time December rolled around I think a lot of us realised we were the real deal and had a great shot at promotion. Since the new year we've never really been out of it and across the piece we've been the most consistent team. Fewest losses comfortably, and no back to back defeats.

"Still a job to do tomorrow" etc

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:00 - May 3 with 1765 viewsSwailsey

Southampton at home for me. I still can’t actually remember the last 10 minutes. I’ve felt in a sort of daze ever since.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:00 - May 3 with 1760 viewsgainsboroughblue

Right now. This moment. Tomorrow morning will feel even weirder. If we clinch it, that will take over.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:03 - May 3 with 1723 viewsMK1

All of it to be honest. Such an amazing journey and still the main party tomorrow. Can't wait.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:07 - May 3 with 1692 viewsIllinoisblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:00 - May 3 by Swailsey

Southampton at home for me. I still can’t actually remember the last 10 minutes. I’ve felt in a sort of daze ever since.

That so far is the game, isn’t it? Outplayed first half, gave up so many good chances and couldn’t have complained if we’d lost by two or three. But found a way. Jeremy on 90+7 and the north erupting like a coked up away end. Chaplin’s iconic dash across the pitch. KM reminding us all to calm down. Magnificent.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:08 - May 3 with 1666 viewsMK1

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:00 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

Right now. This moment. Tomorrow morning will feel even weirder. If we clinch it, that will take over.

Enough of the "if". My heart can't deal with "if".
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:12 - May 3 with 1645 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:08 - May 3 by MK1

Enough of the "if". My heart can't deal with "if".

I hear you but I can't bring myself to say 'when' either.

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:14 - May 3 with 1637 viewsSwailsey

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:07 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

That so far is the game, isn’t it? Outplayed first half, gave up so many good chances and couldn’t have complained if we’d lost by two or three. But found a way. Jeremy on 90+7 and the north erupting like a coked up away end. Chaplin’s iconic dash across the pitch. KM reminding us all to calm down. Magnificent.

I think tomorrow will eclipse it rightly, but I’ve never felt like that at a football match before. It was other worldly.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:22 - May 3 with 1580 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:14 - May 3 by Swailsey

I think tomorrow will eclipse it rightly, but I’ve never felt like that at a football match before. It was other worldly.

I've never known a ball to take so long to go over the line. It was like a hollywood underdog movie where it goes in slow motion, cutting to the anguished faces in the crowd and on the bench.

On viewing replays, it wasn't really like that at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:24 - May 3 with 1573 viewsyorkshireblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:14 - May 3 by Swailsey

I genuinely thought I was going to pass out.

Other than that, there was a save that Vaz made at Huddersfield away and I don't know why as he's made more mpressive saves this season and whilst good it's one you'd expect him to make - I guess it must just have been my seat low down right behind the goal - but the ball seemed to go in slow motion - at 5:18 here.

And Rotherham at home, having been to the away game seemed to be "not again"
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:30 - May 3 with 1515 viewsiamatractorboy

P13 W11 D1 L1

Insane start to the season. The fact we weren't even top was ridiculous but in no way spoilt the incredible feeling.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:32 - May 3 with 1487 viewsEuropablue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:12 - May 3 by gainsboroughblue

I hear you but I can't bring myself to say 'when' either.

In German, they don't distinguish between if and when.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:44 - May 3 with 1446 viewsEuropablue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:24 - May 3 by yorkshireblue

Other than that, there was a save that Vaz made at Huddersfield away and I don't know why as he's made more mpressive saves this season and whilst good it's one you'd expect him to make - I guess it must just have been my seat low down right behind the goal - but the ball seemed to go in slow motion - at 5:18 here.

I just watched those highlights. Hladky man of the match. We were totally outplayed for that whole match and somehow came away with a point. That is why we are where we are now.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:58 - May 3 with 1366 viewsIllinoisblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:24 - May 3 by yorkshireblue

Good save although we managed to give the ball away four times in the build up.

62 - 78 - 81

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:04 - May 3 with 1340 viewsunbelievablue

A few spring to mind. Saints at home, driving back from Cov on Tues...

But an honourable mention to the first game - mostly cos I was watching on my iPad in a bar in Bologna, in the evening heat, with a bottle of lemon Moretti and a cheeky cigarillo - but also because I thought Sunderland would batter us, so it was the first time I actually believed we could make our mark at this level (how naive!).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:21 - May 3 with 1270 viewsHelp

The last 2 years. Living the dream and hoping for a third year in it.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:28 - May 3 with 1233 viewsvilanovablue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:07 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

Definitely this, I was in hospital having broken my leg on Easter day. I was stuffed full of morphine and vaguely remembered we were playing, saw we took the lead and then went 2-1 down. Put my phone down thinking that's that. Checked my phone some time later and somehow we'd won. I was in a complete state of shock and speechless. It was then I thought we had a chance.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:30 - May 3 with 1208 viewsGarv

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:00 - May 3 by Swailsey

I still think that finish doesn't even get the recognition it deserves. It's a ridiculous bit of skill.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 15:35 - May 3 with 1067 viewsgainsboroughblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:30 - May 3 by Garv

I still think that finish doesn't even get the recognition it deserves. It's a ridiculous bit of skill.

It was indeed. To followers of Leeds, Leicester, Norwich and Southampton, it was luck.

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:12 - May 3 with 1010 viewsIllinoisblue

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 14:30 - May 3 by Garv

Well said. It was a ridiculously good finish. Messi-esque you could even say. I only wish he’d run to the North to celebrate so we would have seen more of those limbs.

62 - 78 - 81

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:16 - May 3 with 995 viewsZx1988

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 13:32 - May 3 by Europablue

In German, they don't distinguish between if and when.

To use the German vernacular... Jein.

Yes you've got 'wenn', which is broadly interchangeable for if/when, but there's also 'falls' which broadly means 'in the case that'.

If one wanted to be suitably cagey about tomorrow, one could say:

"Falls Ipswich morgen eine Niederlage gegen Huddersfield vermeiden, steigen sie in die Premier League auf."

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:42 - May 3 with 923 viewstextbackup

Losing to Maidstone. And I’m being serious.

So far from what we’ve come to be used to with this ITFC squad, team… absolutely blew my mind

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:52 - May 3 with 857 viewsbluelagos

Has to be Sarmiento's goal vs So'ton. Never known a celebration like that - can't imagine another one coming along for a good few years.

Everyone knew how important it was at the time, just mental.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:56 - May 3 with 835 viewsTheSweeny

The Hull home game really was a highlight. Played fantastically, and really showed that we were on our way.

Plus Sheeran going into the dressing room afterwards. You could just see the togetherness of all the players and staff. A great evening.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:58 - May 3 with 818 viewsTheSweeny

Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 16:42 - May 3 by textbackup

Losing to Maidstone. And I’m being serious.

So far from what we’ve come to be used to with this ITFC squad, team… absolutely blew my mind

Good shout. Was speechless after that.

What a fcuking season.
Which part of the season has felt the most surreal? on 17:50 - May 3 with 697 viewsBossy

I have no idea how the ref didn't give a pen for the Hutchinson foul.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024