Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 10:24 - May 4 with 4661 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

I expect today will be Jackson's last game in a Town shirt. While he hasn't been the greatest player his endeavor and perseverance to stick at our club during some very difficult days and make a telling contribution this season has to be admired.

I hope he signs off today with his held held high and cheers ringing in his ears!

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Kayden Jackson on 10:32 - May 4 with 3763 viewsChrisd

Credit to him, but it probably helps that he is on a very decent wage with us and unlikely to get that elsewhere.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson on 10:37 - May 4 with 3720 viewsHerbivore

He must have had one of the most unusual Town careers ever. Fair play to him, he's always given 100% and has always been better than some have given him credit for, but the last two years under McKenna in particular he's been a very useful squad player and has made some important contributions. He's led the line for us twice against Leicester and once against Leeds this season, a big ask for a player we've mainly used out wide. That willingness to follow instructions, do what's needed for the team, and give it his all is why McKenna likes him and in many ways he epitomises what this team is all about. If this is his last game with Town, I wish him all the best for the future and he goes with big thanks for his efforts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 11:01 - May 4 with 3609 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson on 10:37 - May 4 by Herbivore

He must have had one of the most unusual Town careers ever. Fair play to him, he's always given 100% and has always been better than some have given him credit for, but the last two years under McKenna in particular he's been a very useful squad player and has made some important contributions. He's led the line for us twice against Leicester and once against Leeds this season, a big ask for a player we've mainly used out wide. That willingness to follow instructions, do what's needed for the team, and give it his all is why McKenna likes him and in many ways he epitomises what this team is all about. If this is his last game with Town, I wish him all the best for the future and he goes with big thanks for his efforts.

Sent to train with the U21s by Paul Lambert....

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Kayden Jackson on 11:02 - May 4 with 3605 viewsGuthrum

I'm not so sure. People are talking like we'll need an entirely new squad to deal with ManCity. In reality, the team will mostly be playing the likes of Wolves and Luton (against whom we've won or drawn in the last 12 months).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kayden Jackson on 11:04 - May 4 with 3579 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 11:01 - May 4 by Radlett_blue

Yep. The interview Jackson gave where he spoke about previous managers only focusing on what he couldn't do and McKenna focusing on what he does well was very telling and spoke volumes about the contrast between our current and past managers.

Kayden Jackson on 11:05 - May 4 with 3577 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's been a fantastic servant with a first class attitude. I also hope that Freddie Ladapo is at the game today and able to get on the pitch for the post match celebrations should we be promoted. Another player with a great attitude who deserves his share of the recognition.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Kayden Jackson on 11:07 - May 4 with 3565 viewsAVJones

Kayden Jackson on 11:02 - May 4 by Guthrum

I'm not so sure. People are talking like we'll need an entirely new squad to deal with ManCity. In reality, the team will mostly be playing the likes of Wolves and Luton (against whom we've won or drawn in the last 12 months).

Certainly possible he’ll get another year. His pace and power are valuable assets, especially off the bench. Great attitude too.

I guess we’ll see…!
Kayden Jackson on 11:11 - May 4 with 3541 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson on 11:05 - May 4 by GlasgowBlue

He's been a fantastic servant with a first class attitude. I also hope that Freddie Ladapo is at the game today and able to get on the pitch for the post match celebrations should we be promoted. Another player with a great attitude who deserves his share of the recognition.

Ladapo will almost certainly leave in the summer. He has 1 year left on his contract, it hasn't happened for him at Charlton, but he's still a very good League 1 striker.

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 11:47 - May 4 with 3411 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 11:02 - May 4 by Guthrum

Yes, for me it's definitely 'if' today is his last game, McKenna really likes him and pace is pace at any level so I wouldn't be too surprised if we offered him something.

Kayden Jackson on 11:49 - May 4 with 3396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I fully expect him to at least get an assist if not score a Premier League goal for us next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kayden Jackson on 11:50 - May 4 with 3369 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is he out of contract in summer?

If not. I think we might see another season. He has prem stamina stats and might be a handy squad member.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kayden Jackson on 12:00 - May 4 with 3345 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson on 11:50 - May 4 by FrimleyBlue

Is he out of contract in summer?

If not. I think we might see another season. He has prem stamina stats and might be a handy squad member.

Jackson is out of contract in the summer. McKenna might see him as a useful squad player; it depends how much he feels the need to upgrade the squad for next season. Our one deficiency is that we have recruited almost exclusively from England; we might need to trawl the overseas market & do we have the recruitment network?

Kayden Jackson on 12:07 - May 4 with 3286 viewsFrimleyBlue

Kayden Jackson on 12:00 - May 4 by Radlett_blue

Jackson is out of contract in the summer. McKenna might see him as a useful squad player; it depends how much he feels the need to upgrade the squad for next season. Our one deficiency is that we have recruited almost exclusively from England; we might need to trawl the overseas market & do we have the recruitment network?

Ah yeah. Out of contract I think he'll go.

I did wonder if that Sam Williams might stay if we do get promoted. No idea if his move to utd was confirmed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kayden Jackson on 12:11 - May 4 with 3288 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I know he’s from Yorkshire but he’s been here so long, it wouldn’t be out of order to sing “Kayden Jackson, he’s one of our own”

Poll: would you rather

Kayden Jackson on 12:14 - May 4 with 3270 viewsWestSussexBlue

Kayden Jackson on 11:01 - May 4 by Radlett_blue

Says it all about the man management.
Kayden Jackson on 12:15 - May 4 with 3264 viewsChrisd

Kayden Jackson on 12:07 - May 4 by FrimleyBlue

Ah yeah. Out of contract I think he'll go.

I did wonder if that Sam Williams might stay if we do get promoted. No idea if his move to utd was confirmed.

Lots of sentiment on this thread about Jackson, for all he brings he’s been found wanting at times in the Championship, in the EPL he’s going to be up against even better and quicker thinking players. I’d be surprised if we keep him, I doubt if KM and MA will make a call on sentiment alone.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson on 16:28 - May 4 with 3114 viewsGarv

I've slated him as much as the next person but we keep forgetting that players can improve.

McKenna has shown us that. Not many managers before him did it, if anyone can make Kayden Jackson a PL player he can.
[Post edited 5 May 16:11]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kayden Jackson on 16:36 - May 4 with 3053 viewsBlueOura

Listening to his interview on Radio Suffolk and i'm welling up.

What a Guy. What a team.
Kayden Jackson on 16:40 - May 4 with 3022 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson on 16:28 - May 4 by Garv

I've slated him as much as the next person but we keep forgetting that players can improve.

McKenna has shown us that. Not many managers before him did it, if anyone can make Kayden Jackson a PL player he can.
[Post edited 5 May 16:11]

Jackson is 30 & I doubt he has much improvement in him. He's become a valuable squad player thanks to McKenna focussing on what he does well, rather than what he can't do.

Kayden Jackson on 16:41 - May 4 with 3011 viewsNutkins_Return

A really important squad player. All these boys have written themselves in the history books and are season legends. Fair play Kayden. One of our heroes!

Probably time for him to move on and I'm sure he could get a championship move now.

It's possible he stays and he'd still get some minutes but I think he deserves to go and play somewhere.

Assume aluko takes full time coaching role. A prem coach!

Ball, Ladapo, Harness and Donacien realistically need to go and play football somewhere now at this time in there career. They are far too good to play big part roles for another season. They've all played their parts.
Kayden Jackson on 17:57 - May 4 with 2668 viewsDanTheMan

I'd love to see him get his 200th appearance. I'm so happy he got on the pitch for today and he created I think two very good chances.

Whatever happens, he's been great and I'm so happy for him. He deserved a bit of success.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Kayden Jackson on 19:23 - May 4 with 2448 viewssoupytwist

Kayden Jackson on 16:36 - May 4 by BlueOura

Listening to his interview on Radio Suffolk and i'm welling up.

What a Guy. What a team.

Brenner Woolley was extremely complimentary about him as a person and how he has benefitted from McKenna's management on Radio Suffolk towards the end of the match day broadcast today.

He also revealed a little bit of what a decent person Brenner is himself.
Kayden Jackson on 20:27 - May 4 with 2225 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Kayden Jackson on 19:23 - May 4 by soupytwist

Brenner Woolley was extremely complimentary about him as a person and how he has benefitted from McKenna's management on Radio Suffolk towards the end of the match day broadcast today.

He also revealed a little bit of what a decent person Brenner is himself.

Listening to that interview I very much got the impression that he knows he won’t be here next season.

Poll: Our final position

Kayden Jackson on 20:31 - May 4 with 2192 viewsnodge_blue

I thought he spoke very well after the game. I guess it all depends how many players we intend to bring in. He may be a squad member still.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kayden Jackson on 20:43 - May 4 with 2123 viewsWellGroomedUngulate

Jackson is the ultimate pro. McKenna seems to appreciate him and he never fails to give us 100% when he's on the pitch.

Would be at all surprised to see him in the squad for next year.

"Here for a good time, not a long time"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024